The matrix Reloaded

I dont understand one part of this scene. Its said this is the 6th version of Neo to meet the architect.

But wouldnt that imply that the "real world" outside of the matrix is also just part of the matrix? How could Neo have met the architect 5 other times without having been awakened from the matrix first? How could he look the same as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/80285/why-do-the-agents-bother-trying-to-get-the-zion-mainframe-codes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The real world outside of the matrix is just another level of the matrix designed to make the people who didnt accept the first one believe they had escaped to reality. Also Agent Smith is the real chosen one not Neo.

I'm not sure if you're trolling but it's the sixth version of being the one, not Neo

Then how come all the videos show Neo acting in different ways

ergo..

because I think they show all the possible futures of Neo

Zion is allowed to exist by the machines as there is always a certain amount of people who will reject the matrix so its easier to let them think they're free. The existence of the One is also manufactured by the machines, I think to happen whenever Zion gets too large to control and needs to be resetted. So Neo isn't a unique messiah like Morpheus thinks but a natural part of the cycle that has happened numerous times before.

Smith is kind of what the One is expected to be, something completely unexpected that the machines aren't prepared for

the machines early attempts to trap humanity in a matrix failed because humanity's desire to exercise free will led them to revolt against the utopias the machines initially created

the "successful" matrix worked because it was a 90's new york sleeze-scape that was believable, but even so there were those who would rebel, so the machines created an illusion of power and agency for rebellious humans to embrace: the prophecy of "the one"

it's an illusion because the oracle (who perpetuates the prophecy in each iteration) always picks out roughly the same guy who can be trusted to select the "correct" choice between two outcomes: save zion and reboot the matrix in order to perpetuate humanity, or damn zion, the matrix, and humanity in an attempt to break the cycle

the iteration of neo we see, however, does not chose "correctly" as the machines intend and he fucks the cycle by condemning zion to save trinity

then the movie goes completely off the rails with his "the one in the real world" nonsense that never gets a satisfactory answer, which is why there never should have been sequels to the matrix in the first place

tfw trinity never fell in love with agent smi-- wait she technically did when neo fused with smith

huh

hmm

The Matrix had never been destroyed. The entire thing runs a gambit in which "The One" rejects the offer to reconstitute the Matrix upon a new basis, thus locking his actions into a predictable arc of salvaging the current Matrix.

You can see this most prominently on display during the first meeting with the Merovingian. The Merovingian brings up the topic of causality, and demonstrates to Neo how easily someone can be manipulated using programs in the Matrix, and he more or less tells Neo that he and the entire crew are being played by the Oracle. The Merovingian then offers to discuss the matter more at length with them if they'd like to know more. His offer is rejected.

The point of that scene is that it establishes that the rebellion of Neo and the others is more or less another layer of control because their rejection of any outside narrative framework puts them in a position to be manipulated.

I too believe that the real world outside the Matrix is also a Matrix but Neo is just the sixth iteration of the One, there have not been six Neos.

The world outside the Matrix is NOT another Matrix, as in another level of the virtual world. It's as real as it gets. it's just another part of the controlling mechanism of the machines. Zion is made for the humans to have something to hope for.

why the hell could he stop sentinels with his mind?

The name of "Zion" has to do something with zionism?

That moment was the exact point that the franchise jumped the shark. Fuck those gay sequels for ruining the masterpiece that was the first film. That shit was so stupid.

Neo's body is specially designed to have some sort of wifi connection to the machines. Not really that much of a stretch.

This. I honestly liked the third one and thought it was better than the second.

>me no understand white hair man he use big words
That's you.

They just decided to bring back some sense of magic and merit to "the one" right after they broke it down completely. It came out very underserved and as a cheap deus ex machina.

No, probably not. In the Torah/Old Testament, Zion just means 'The Promised Land' or some such shit. It gets used as a location name constantly in media andreal life.

Zaon swine

Neo is the 6th version of The One. The One is a object of control by the Matrix over the people of Zion. The people who cannot accept the Matrix are free and fight against it. Its controlled opposition. Once Zion gets too big the machines destroy it, as they have done in the past, and The One is to reset the Matrix so a new version emerges.

>that minute you realize that the Indigo Pill is the real path to freedom

This. It's still silly but why I don't know why no one ever thinks of this.

Literally everyone thinks this. The outliers are the autists who don't understand this. The movie literally explains it.

Why did the machines allow Zion to exist when you need someone already on the outside to pull you out of the matrix? No one can just wake up and unplug themselves from the tube, you need to take the red pill tracker so a drone wakes you up and you get picked up by other humans so you can recover in a medical bay for several weeks. If the machines kill everyone outside the matrix no one else inside will get freed, even if they do reject it the machines could just flush them away

Bluetooth

Because Zion always existed? It's not like the machines created the city. Not every human was killed in the war. Some of those who survived obviously (in their illusory belief in freedom) wanted to unplug the rest, not knowing they play right into the hands of the machines.

Was it the first AI? Or was it simply a Mouth of Sauron for the machines?

Because Zion was a calculable factor. Because the actors who mattered all entered the Matrix and spoke to the Oracle, and thus subjected themselves to the influence of the designers of the pattern.

It was the most updooted reply.

who was veza vee then?

I call her..Linda.

Why would the machines specially design someone to be able to destroy them with their mind? What would be the advantage if having a human outside the matrix which is not only outside their control, but can kill them easily?

The Matrix = system of control

the Matrix = Simulation

The current incarnation of the Matrix = However many times the Oracle and the Architect can beat the Merovingian in getting "Neo" to play by the same game plan and thus become a factor that can be factored and mitigated

she was already dead tho

Zion is another level of control by the machines over humanity. It was designed by the machines as a destination for the malcontents that reject the Matrix - a place for them to believe they are free, and deceive them into thinking they have an opportunity to free the world. In fact, the machines have a necessary cycle, one that's been played out five previous times: Zion is built up by those who free themselves from the Matrix, the war intensifies, the One is located, trained, and directed by the prophecy to the Source, the machines destroy Zion, the One picks 23 people to free from the Matrix to begin rebuilding Zion (with no prior knowledge that Zion ever existed), and the cycle begins anew. This is the sixth time this has happened. Neo is the sixth One. The machines have destroyed Zion five times before. This cycle is likely what the movie's title refers to - each time the cycle begins again, the Matrix is reloaded. It's also a necessary evil for the Matrix - until the Architect can achieve 100% acceptance of the Matrix and eliminate the need for the One, this cycle must play out as described or the system will become unstable and crash.

No,she was just destined to die given the parameters of the game and her intrinsic limiters. That's part of the next layer of control over Neo.

2/2

The key difference this time around is that Neo loves Trinity - his connection to fellow humans is there, but its intensity and focus is stronger than any previous One. This leads Neo to an unexpected (by the machines) choice - he doesn't choose the door to 'save' Zion, he chooses the other door and he's the first to do so. In making this choice, all bets are off. Everything changes. This is not a path the machines expect, and it may not be one they are fully prepared for. Ultimately, making this choice to reject the cycle of machine control is likely the one chance humanity actually has to break free of the machines and overthrow their masters.

no i meant she died when the ship crashed, right before neo re-entered the matrix and got SMITHED

I always assumed the reason why neo could destroy the machines in the real world was because the writers got lazy and needed some kind of "cool ending" on par with the rest of the movie which corresponded with the previous movie's terrible cliffhanger since I watched the second and third movies back to back the first time.. damn it, another reason to hate the last movie.

jfc lol i remember going on a halloween party dressed as neo.

there were 11 or 12 of us lol

Wireless connection could be useful in terms of having a backdoor to the one. And he only got the ability to destroy machines after he touched but didn't rejoin the Source, which the Architect didn't expect him to do

this fucking guy was such a great actor playing as Merovingian. also the character was based on the expanded universe

>ywn see The Matrix again in the theater as a teenager in 1999, having no clue as to what it was about (trailers were very vague, as not to give away the premise)
>ywn have your mind blown like that by a movie ever again
>ywn leave the theater with that same feeling that anything is possible, at the dawn of a new millennium
>ywn go back to before the underwhelming sequels were made and the first movie was unsullied by them

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

>tfw your grandkids will ask what The Matrix is and why its such a cult movie
>tfw your kids will praise how a transgender was so revolutionary in its time
>tfw a tear will fall from your eye

I remember seeing a Baneposting version of the Architect's speech and it was hilarious but I didn't save it

God I hope I don't live that long

>Sup Forums
>having kids

Neo, being from the matrix, is another program. Everyone ever plugged into the matrix is "programmed" because you've been told what is real and what is not.

Neo being able to interface with the machines in the real world with real physics seems far-fetched and the ending sort of implies that the meta-matrix cycle ended and the actual matrix cycle now begins to me (the humans are freed by the architect who is probably controlling the first level matrix).

the architect is by far the most interesting character in the matrix with this theory in mind because he is unable to interact with the meta-matrix due to how it operates and instead the oracle was programmed to interact with it. the architect would be one of the top level programs directly programmed by the machines in the actual real world alongside the machines in the matrix, and the programs would be programmed by the machines in the first level matrix with the intent of control.

the solution then is to make the machines in the matrix sustain the humans in the matrix, so the machines in the matrix are programmed code while the humans are part of a meta-simulation until they are removed and placed into a more basic simulation with the completion of the only first level cycle and the sixth second level cycle. the humans rejected the matrix when it was only one level and without machines present because it seemed fake, but the two level nature went alongside the natural instinct for struggling to maintain existence and questioning of reality stopped with the reveal of one level being fake (scenario where occam's razor is false).

the rebuilding of zion was always the oddest thing in the matrix to me (how zion would be rebuilt and why the machines became more efficient at doing this), and this easily answers how it would be done. the machines would increase their ability to rebuild it through utilizing methods not programmed initially but possible to be programmed by the top level machines.

>tfw your kids will praise how a transgender was so revolutionary in its time
It was still a normal man when the masterpiece came out, zher.

I actually liked the sub plot in revolutions about Sati and how the programs in the Matrix were starting to evolve without purpose or by direct changes made by the the higher machines. Revolutions would have been a lot better if it had explored that rather than dedicate most of the film to big mech battles.

show pusy

I still dont understand why the machines sent agents to kill trinity if they also wanted neo to turn himself in. Sequels were a mess.

DIG THROUGH THE DITCHES AND BURN THROUGH THE WITCHES

also, the reason why Neo has to die at the end is because he knows the two levels exist unlike Agent Smith who is intent on infecting the top level matrix without knowledge of what this would actually entail. Neo can't free the humans from the top level matrix because that's the whole point of the matrix and he has to be terminated as a result. The architect and some other machines might know this nature of the matrix if this theory is correct, but they would act like the programs in the second level matrix who understand their role in the matrix and how they don't exist without a perpetuation of the cycle which they assume is constant while only being constant for the actual top level due to the closing of the loop with Neo's death and Zion's salvation.

How did you get my ID fag

>I know what you've been doing. I know why you hardly sleep, why you live alone and why night after night, you sit at your computer.

w-what did she mean by this?

he has a psychological disorder where compulsive masturbation is one of the symptoms

why are coders/hackers such sexual deviants?

so the oracle chooses the one because of his statistical likelyhood or whatever to make the choice to reset the matrix?

But she says she cant predict what happens with neo because "you cant see past choices you dont understand" or something like that. Because programs dont understand love?

Is the oracle in favor of the machines or humans?

Why would the oracle then choose neo if she foresaw that she couldnt see past his choices and would put the matrix itself in danger? Is it because she like other programs is interested in understanding human behavior and learning to love and therefore drifting away from her initial purpose designed by the machines?

Beause she is an exile program that the agents want destroyed but then again the matrix needs the oracle to reset itself. Or is she just part of the matrix and not really an exile program and thats why she is at the end talking with the architect after the matrix was rebooted?

maybe im looking too much into it.

>tfw you will never feed a cyber qt some cake that will elevate the temperature in her genitals

I think its because it is established that after reloaded he is in a coma but still connected somehow to the matrix (they say that his brainwaves simulated like being "jacked in"). So he can do that because he never disconnected from the matrix completely and therefore is connected to the machines.

The Matrix is one of my favorite films, but I haven't seen it in about 6-7 years or so. About halfway through

Things I notice this time around:

Everything has a slightly green filter, makes everything seem slightly surreal and unnatural, really works for the film.
The first half of the movie is essentially a neo noir mixed with cyberpunk. Has a completely different feel that the rest of the series, which is amazing.
The special effects not only hold up, but are actually better than most movies today somehow. The scene near the beginning where the Agents put the robotic bug thing into Neo's bellybutton is especially disturbing, actually kind of hard to look at.

Doesn't really have any bad dialogue at all. Very well written. Multiple instances of subtle foreshadowing in the beginning.

True kino

I get it. I recently made the determination of waching the trilogy in one sitting and understanding it.

I think the sequel's biggest faults is that they give HUUUGE amount of information in short intervals just after big and sometimes exhausting action sequences with no transitions whatsoever and by the time you get to the expository dialogue your mind is just exhausted.

I noticed that transitions from action to heavy dialogue was so abrupt i sometimes had to pause the movie just to switch gears.

It also doesnt help that characters sometimes mumble words, speak very fast and use overly elaborated vocabulary.

I'm not eliminating the possibility that OP might just be a retard. Im just saying

*needlesly elaborated vocabulary. Bordering on just pretentious.

I wish they had kept some of that neo-noir feel. It went well with the intriguing mysticism of the subject matter and helped make it seem that the Matrix might actually be our own world, that somewhere in abandoned buildings and back alleys of the rainy city, hackers were waging a guerrilla war. The Matrix in the sequels didn't really seem like it was full of plugged-in humans. Instead, it seemed like a mostly empty city through which our heroes moved just to get from one setpiece to the next.

annoying people will never not exist, user. heads up so you dont stay confused by oddities in strangers for future knowledge

WAKE UUUUUUUP

>Everything has a slightly green filter, makes everything seem slightly surreal and unnatural, really works for the film.
That filter is only in the scenes when they are in the matrix. Pretty neat.

>I always assumed the reason why neo could destroy the machines in the real world

Literally the only way that scene makes sense, or Neo being able to see Smith even while blinded, is if "reality" is just another layer of the Matrix

I always assumed that humanity created an murderous AI that they realized was about to turn Skynet on them, so they built the Matrix to fool it into thinking it had conquered the world while life went on as normal in the real world. And the AI independently built a Matrix within its Matrix to pacify the simulated humans it thinks is real.

>i dont understand
If you dont yet then you never will.

Everyone else, stop spoonfeeding this moron. Hes only going to keep trying to ruin everyone elses fun.

>thinking this much about these shitty movies

2 and 3 arent canon as far as im concerned

>That filter is only in the scenes when they are in the matrix. Pretty neat.

I never knew this, that's a nice subtle touch. I know the Wachowskis were super particular about the appearances of the actors in the Matrix scenes, to the point where they would fix their hair to be perfect between takes, to accurately reflect the fact that they are self-projected avatars in the Matrix

People just don't have that kind of vision and attention to detail in film anymore.

no, it's thisthe sentinels and other machines are connected to the source. neo's brain was imparted with a remote connection to the matrix and the source so he was able to be in both worlds simultaneously. smith hacked banes mind so he was in both realities simultaneously too, he's just not the one so he could only behave in a limited human capacity.
it's fuzzy but it makes more sense than matrix in a matrix which was never implied.

this goes against the animatrix which is canon if I remember correctly though (not just canon in the AI's minds). I think there are machines in the real world which programmed the "machines" in the first layer, and these "machines" in turn programmed the programs to run the second layer matrix.

bluepill reasoning

>bunch of "humans" that can be plugged into a virtual reality
>clearly they have artificial parts

Neo and anyother person pulled from the Matrix are androids. They were made by the machines and since they can connect to the Matrix, they could also have wireless abilities that are dormant. Neo found a way to use them I guess.

>tfw countless essays written about it
>tfw used in college classes
>tfw people still debate it hotly to this day, nearly 20 years later on Laotian crocheting image boards

Will there ever be a script so culturally affecting again?

What would happen if Morpheus gave up Zion access codes to Smith? What did they need it for?

The fight scene in the training dojo program is fucking perfectly filmed.. So much better than choreography from 95% of action films

Really only John Wick is probably better

scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/80285/why-do-the-agents-bother-trying-to-get-the-zion-mainframe-codes
I think the agents getting the mainframe access codes is a failure condition for the matrix cycle and the matrix would be reset through the destruction of Zion. Neo has to become The One, and the prevention of the agents from gaining the access codes is somewhat mandatory for this to happen.

The first movie is a masterpiece of "show, don't tell". If the sequels had kept the same mythology/basic arc but dropped the cryptic conversations and pointless war scenes, they'd be classics

Neo was born inside the machines. Its possible that he was the first Neo to be awakened in the real world and plug back in. The other Neos could have been totally digital.
This is one of those things that made the sequels shit.

I wish the matrix had EU novels instead of gay star wars.

Wasn't there an animatrix where a runner pushed himself to the edge and unplugges himself?

So if you die in the matrix you die in real life right?

Why didn't anyone just make a sandboxie??

yes

Yes, and it was kino

The Machines can fly
Why don't they just fly above the clouds
Why don't they just build towers higher than the clouds with solar panels on them
Why don't they just leave earth and go somewhere the fuck else

Too far desu

Also why leave when you have a perfectly good crop of humans + "a form of fusion" which gives you endless energy

because they're not genuinely free creative entities

The 'clouds' were anti-machine nanotech, which is why the sentinels and the Logos died when they reached high altitude

do the nano machines have a nano matrix

Daily reminder that the machines did nothing wrong.

yes, it's small enough to simulate ur penis lmaoooo

lol well you're twisting your own words but...

Neo didn't meet him before. there were 5 anomalies before him. Neo is the sixth anomaly per the archictects counting.

Don't overthink user. the point is that the machines at that point essentially sabotaged their whole plan and the architect wasn't going to be swayed by Neo showing up

Lots of people don't seem to realize the hover crafts everyone flies around in never actually actively jack into the matrix. The Cord in the back of the head is a person jacking into a machine. The ships broadcast wirelessly. This is said in the films. They are not connected to the matrix physically, it is through wifi. Neo had access to the machines via a residual effect. The Theory is, once The One goes into the source, the machines can track him. Much like the little bugs inside Mr.Anderson in the first matrix. This bug tracking neo was a 2 way connection though. It would ONLY work with the one though.