Untitled

-.-"

REEEEEEEEE

The way X-Men: Apocalypse ended soon have clued you in that this was happening.

Hopefully this time they don't botch it up though. But this movie probably won't be happening for awhile since Deadpool 2 and New Mutants are up next. And maybe Gambit if they ever figure that one out, I suppose.

*should

I thought they were soft-rebooting the franchise (again)?

I guess this is part of the soft reboot

why is this a bad thing

It isn't, unless you're a mousefucker. MUH RIGHTS, you know.

YOU DIDN'T GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME

God I wish they'd give the X-license back to Marvel so we could get a decent X-Men animated series again.

Weren't they rebooting this?

Doing Phoenix again "but maybe they'll get it right this time" was enough cause for worry but they're apparently doing it after the tease in Apocalypse AND soft-rebooting the X-verse

If you can't see the problem here, I dont' know what to tell you.

>YOU DIDN'T GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CAN GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME
Because they don't have Brett "the Rat" Ratner

So? That's no guarantee of success.

They didn't even got Apocalypse right...

Yeah they did, he's a fucking jobber. That's Apocalypse alright.

>Jean fucking Grey and the phoenix again

How many times do they have to revist this Claremont story

Because Singer didn't get to do it his way.

Claremont was the original ballsy X-book writer who fucked everything over, destroyed the plans of the past writers and threw in a bunch of screwy psychosexual concepts.
He was Morrison before Morrison. He was Bendis before Bendis.

And here's the thing that has to be drilled into the head of every whiney casual who laments their favorite past status quo:
It's the ballsy stories that wreck up everything that are remembered fondly.
Dark Phoenix was the first of those.
Hell, they even wussed out and tried to retcon it away after the fact, sound familiar?
For too long Marvel's played things safe with their success stories, and because of that this is now one of the few great storylines that they can make a movie out of.
Seriously, what else do they have? Mojoverse?

It feels like we never really get anywhere with this series. Which I suppose is in line with the source material, along with time fuckery and jobbing Apocalypse. They should just say fuck it and go with Mojo

THIS.
We can finally get a hot Thighlocke

Singer is done with the franchise. He's pursuing other projects now.

Why do they always skip the first Phoenix Saga? It's pretty important to have that before Dark Phoenix.

>It's the ballsy stories that wreck up everything that are remembered fondly.
Yeas I'm sure next year we'll be looking back on how great Ultimatum and Civil War were.

>comparing the golden age of the X-Men to Millar shit
Is this some new meme?

how does it feel to be a such a slowpoke?
btw, do you know that Singer is no longer doing X-movies?

If Apocalypse showed us anything, its that Fox really should just go full reboot at this point.

Why should the X-men movies be any different than the X-men comics?

>Phoenix Saga
>built up through dozens of comics
>literal years of subplotting that becomes bigger and bigger until it eventually explodes

>movies
>here's Jean
>oh no, it's the end of the movie and Jean has just displayed great amounts of power
>PHOENIX AND DARK PHOENIX IN TWO HOURS OR LESS

That's more or less what did, though.

Right? I feel like people forget. Apocalypse is seemingly all powerful, but never wins.

Does anyone even unironically like Jean?

Apocalypse won one time in all of history just like Thanos did. Apocalypse always gets cucked by others while Thanos cucks himself.

I'm like the reverse of everyone else posting complaints about Jean:
From the first issue I read with her waaaaay back in the actual '92, I hated her.
It's just that I was too late to see her as anything but a newlywed wife with a temper.
I just was never impressed.

BUT,
I actually like the O5 teen Jean, she's trouble waiting to happen. That's more endearing.

JEEEEAAAAAANN

>-.-"

kill yourself mousketeer