Why does DC think that every person working in IT is a superhacker who will solve any query...

Why does DC think that every person working in IT is a superhacker who will solve any query? It's just the epitome of lazy and shitty writing. Can't one show stay away from the "I HACKED INTO CCTV TO TRIANGULATE THE QUANTUM RADIATION IMPRINTS FROM THE CRIME SCENE, HE'S ON BULLSHIT AND FOURTH"

I mean it's a good show but for the love of god just stop with le hackurz already

Hey I quite like shows treating me as though I'm a fucking wizard, thank you very much.

In a technology based society like the one we live in and write stories about, having a character that is skilled in all computer matters is incredibly helpful in writing the plot. They can't make the main character the computer whiz since they tend to have other abilities, so they give it to the local IT kid since it makes sense to people who don't frequent south african yodeling message boards

>DC
I think you'll find that's every tv and movie studio in the universe.

Basically this

ZOOM AND ENHANCE

Difference is in most shows those are hackers specifically working for the police/fbi/bullshit. At the CW they are just random it people. Also felicity is literally the same character as the fat blonde from criminal minds. Same personality

I think Supergirl and Arrow are the only time they were ever random IT people Steven then Felicity was a hacker years ago that stopped being a stupid "hacktivist" so standard IT work was always below her skill level and Winn just seems really good at his job (they never went into how much the Toyman can do so it is also possible he learned stuff from his dad before jail time) and he was still shown to just be above average but had to learn quick. If he didn't know Kara he ever would have learned any alien language or know half the technological shit he does now that he is with the DEO. Like the other post said it is a full on problem with TV but there is no cw urge to make everyone super smart IT guys, very few of the other shows from what I've seen actually have someone in that role and those that do happened to bump into a person really good with computers but never worked a day in the field. Honestly it s the same as having a character on a show that is a cop but always seems to be some all American Captain America athlete or someone with military background. The way TV does a character with any skillset is take an average person in that role and give them some bullshit reason to be on the same level of a prodigy, it is one of the many clichés you'll find on almost every network.

>then Felicity was a hacker years ago that stopped being a stupid "hacktivist" so standard IT work was always below her skill level
That's something that was added to her backstory two seasons after her intro and use. And her intro helped delegate someone to exposition/tech shit even though from episode 1 Ollie was capable of his own tech shit.

Frankly the easiest way to make me know I'll hate a character is by making them a hacker. Hacking is the only superpower that is entirely exposition.

Give him a break, he might be a robot

I hated that about his character until it turned out he was the son on a super villain. So now he gets a pass because the tech mumbo jumbo is in his blood.

ROTATE IT 180 DEGREES

>HE'S ON BULLSHIT AND FOURTH"

Fucking kek

Tobequitehonesfamuliar, that was a great reason why Winn was was a techie.
At least is better than Felicity banging a Chad that called himselft Brother Eye in college...

>I mean it's a good show
It really isn't.

None of the Marvel's Netflix shows have those.

Daisy le hacker origin was a mistake.

Blame Oracle

Do they have tech support characters?
Personally I find the weird Berlantiverse reliance on a gallery of scientists and nerds to be kind of dumb since it means the main characters are invariably too stupid to solve problems on their own.

With Arrow Felicity was not supposed to be this prominent.

With Flash it makes sense because they are all scientists.

It's been said before but it needs to be said again, the tech shit on the Flash is the worst part of the show

Two physicists, a biologist, and a journalist. What the fuck does that have to do with building and operating supercomputers that hack everything Watch Dogs style with one button?

>Why does DC think
Inept writers

The answer is always inept writers

The real reason it makes sense with Flash is that Barry is an absolute moron.

Cisco is an Engineer of some sort

They all smart.

It's not a DC thing, it's a television thing.

Cisco is also a meta who can directly participate in crime fighting when he wants to without relying on hacker magic, so he's graduated from the peanut gallery.

my complaint is they never make CS people autistic enough, if you work in the field you would know how bad they are

>south african yodeling message boards
That's a new one.

>Two physicists, a biologist, and a journalist
Don't forget the detective, the CSI agent, the deceased technician, and a man from the future. Plus Felicity upgraded their tech while on one of her sabbaticals to CC.

>building and operating supercomputers
Wellsobard built them and trained team Flash on how to use them.

Yes, DC is the ones making this show, that is absolutely correct

Hey now do not compare Criminal Minds to Arrow shit

Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones just tend to beat people up until they get the information they need.

Cisco is LITERALLY whatever the plot needs him to be.

>local IT kid

In his case, they pretty much indicated he had levels of competence in computers above and beyond the normal IT person in the first season. They didn't really establish his skills in the same way that Mr. Robot, for example, did for their lead - but the other people on Mr. Robot all act like their skills are what they are but how they present it for them isn't as competently presented as Elliot's skills. I bet those people couldn't even make change without a calculator (which if you stopped 100 people on Times Square or any major urban city on the planet, the majority of any random hundred would not be able to make change.)

Because all technology in DC is just magic with an artifact focus. Since any wizard or mage can do the same thing, any IT worker can do anything--- including hacking President Obama's super secret black berry and give him advice or lulz.

Wynn is his dad's best creation ever.
Vibe was specifically sought out for his tech skills
I don't watch arrow shit
Legends has future tech and specifically sought out DC's iron man.

The real question to be asking is how these guys hack anything and everything given the time they have. Or as put it.

Because they're lazy and stupid.

It's like Star Trek technobabble, but worse and the power creep gets worse year after year. Suddenly Felicity's a full-blown forensic scientist? Cisco and Winn aren't much better.

Why show your audience when you can tell them and fill all that free time into unnecessary drama like someone being mad at Oliver or Barry doing something stupid? At least Supergirl doesn't dip too far into it and they have the space-FBI right there to do the nitty-gritty paperwork.

>The real question to be asking is how these guys hack anything and everything given the time they have.
The real question is why people still think it's acceptable to film scenes where the "hacker" whams a few buttons randomly.

I'm not saying it has to be 100% authentic, but if you're going to have such a character and insist on using them repeatedly, at least make it interesting and not a bullshit plot device.

Because hacking isn't anything special.

And by special I mean worth portraying accurately. We only bitch about it here because most of us are in STEM fields or have some idea what it actually entails. But truth is 99% of the different fields portrayed on these shows are bull shited somehow. Be it forensics, fabric design, or physics itself.

No, I'm just saying they treat it like it's magic. At least make an effort to pretend like the characters are doing something. Trying to solve a crime, work a solution, anything.

Daily reminder the has only been 1 comic book writer in the history of cape industry with a degree in science and now he's dead.

>Trying to solve a crime, work a solution, anything.

But then the show becomes about sitting in front of a board until somebody just magically finds a clue by making a connection with a piece of paper or plot device delivered to their feet.

Call me an oblivious newfriend, but... Who was that?

>Cape comics criminology: "This dirt from 1945 clearly shows that it was the uncle's son's daughter who is still mad about the dead dog"
>RL criminology : "It was then nigger. Which one? Well, the one you got detained, of course."

>Feel the Hackforce between your fingers.
>Feel the electricity through the computer.
>Hack, Felicity, Hack!