Is private gold buying at this time and price a red or a blue pill?

I'd like to preserve at least one year's expenses over the remote possibility of an USD or EUR crash happening.
Gold seems ridiciously supervalued considering the last long term stable period for almost 30 years was around 300$.
Rarity ratio of silver to gold also suggest that gold is supervalued by a factor of 5-7.
Any commodity people on Sup Forums who want to shed light on the issue?
May mountain shekels (Swiss Franc) be the better choice?

absolutely blue pill. It is extremely super valued and makes zero sense unless you plan on living it to your grandkids.
If you want a stable gold based alternative as a buffer in your portfolio, get gold ETFs

Gold is always good option, no matter what.Why do you think Trump has gold literally everywhere?

Like I said it absolutely doesn't have to be gold, just something that would survive an economic reset or shock.
Gold ETF in terms of mining stocks? Mines are incredibly unprofitable at the time being.
ETF as in ETC? That's excatly like buying gold bars, only worse.

Gold is a speculative hedge not an investment.

Just be aware.

Somebody having gold isn't a good guideline, better indicator would be: Are they buying more gold right now?

My advice if you invest in gold,

Bury that shit in your backyard.

At best you're hedging against temporary market turbulence. You are not protecting against anything more serious.

You could hold cash and it would not be much different.

If you're gonna do that, brass and ammo.

>media shills the collapse is coming and to buy gold
>the same MSM that has proven themselves to be the elites' propaganda bullhorns
I'd reckon they're up to something.

>Mines are incredibly unprofitable at the time being.
Exactly, which is why mining ETFs are cheaper than dirt now . If there's any serious economic trouble demand for gold will go up and so will mining stocks.
Silver is a meme since it's extremely volatile, unless you plan on trading constantly silver stocks.
As far as currencies go, yes the Swiss Frank is always a good refuge, and so is the USD

Not looking for a profit/investment here (which always implies risk), just preservation.

This worries me as well, usually media or common folk on youtube shilling some kind of asset this hard is a strong contra indicator.

BIG RED PILL

we are at a turning point in which most production is beginning to peak. We are very close to reaching the economical limits of resource extraction. What you will see soon is a decline in living standards and general economic decline. The governments will respond by lowering interest rates (already done) and instituting some sort of helicopter money policy (basic income probably). When growth slows and becomes negative there will be no point in owning businesses. There's already no point in owning government bonds as they pay almost nothing and some actually cost you.

Go watch or read some of Chris Martensons work then go buy farmland (there are farmland reits), gold, and guns.

mining ETFs are a good preservation, especially now that they cost nothing. You can be sure that if the Euro takes a hit, they will gain value. Otherwise go on bonds in alternative currencies. USD is a good bet since it will never be allowed to fail

Welcome to 2016. You're way too late. We've had to put negative interest rates in place because everyone keeps buying our sheckels in astronomical quantities. KEEP YOU HANDS OFF OF OUR SHECKELS GOY!

I started buying metals about 10 years ago. Not too much, but mostly silver. I started at maybe $8 and now it's up to under $20. Gold was$550 when I bought a 1/10 oz gold eagle. I like having a pile of silver compared to a few gold pieces.

Well... Gorge Soros is buying gold.

Only to crash it a little later

>he doesn't realize that an entire industry has sprung up in the aftermath of the financial crisis to convince people like you that a major meltdown is imminent in order to bolster demand for gold and other commodities

it's clearly working

This, Soros is a two faced bastard. He also shilled against the Brexit and placed his bets in favor of it.

Are you kidding me it is the absolute best thing to do.

gold and silver is the only real money
that is until i come out with new money

You know good time to buy gold then. Exactly after crash.
I would buy 1/3 today, anyway... and 2/3 after crash.

>two faced bastard
Well kek. I guess so. But thats literally how the game is played. He's not obliged to anyone to be honest.

They need it to support their fractional gold investing scheme.
If gold goes too low, people will call in their investments and you know.

That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

tools

Euro crash is coming, but dollar crash no way, despite what gold bugs are telling you.

The dollar is backed by petrol, as long as the petrodollar is use the dollar will be relatively the safest currency there is.

When the euro starts falling, and it will because a lot of banks in the EU are beyond saving, what do you think will happen with the dollar? It will skyrocket.

kek, my grandfater had one of those. he died and my parents don't know what to do with it, so it's just sitting in the basement.

Only thing that makes it a petrodollar is the OPEC countries (((agreeing))) to sell oil in dollars. They can change this any time they want.

It will crash.
Also even if it doesn't you are happy having your hard earned money deflated and devalued and taxed at every turn?

why not invest in quality firearms? they hold their value really well in the US. There is always a market of gun owners

They may loose their value over night in Austria if the EU bans them and the government doesn't say "fuck off" like with the internet surveillance decree.
Only guns you can legally buy without registration here are (breach loading) shotguns.

>Like I said it absolutely doesn't have to be gold, just something that would survive an economic reset or shock.

guns

Property (both income generating and personal), guns, ammo, long lasting food, practical tools for carpentry and mechanical repairs, and a network of people you can rely on.

This has been taken care of (except the network of people, you can't really trust anyone in Vienna).
Still currency left and I don't want it to get to 0, more supplies is not really sensible because you can only eat so much and eventually I will run out of storage.

I say red pill. Never hurts to jew-proof a portion of your wealth.

Bought up big in silver this year. The plan is to concert this to gold when the gold-silver ration drops below 50.

convert to gold when gold silver ratio drops below 50.

Along with other investments, everyone should have cash, gold and silver on hand. And then just hold it. If you never need to use it, fine, but you'll be ready in case bad shit goes down.

>(((feingold)))

A lot of regular German words are jew names, (((Apfelbaum))), (((Lilienfeld))), (((Goldberg))), (((Feldstein))), the list goes on.

Falling for that Fine Gold Jew.

In general, if you are worried about economic turbulence as opposed to economic collapse, I would still advise income producing assets. ownership of rental properties, stocks of large arms manufacturers, diversified government bonds (stick to countries with low corruption scores and positive rates), partial or full ownership of a profitable farm in a low corruption country. Even if thigs get real shitty, people gotta eat, want a roof over their head, and government is going to keep government governmenting.

Donate to a ww2 museum maybe? Sell it to a collector?

I would imagine those are a pretty rare piece of ww2 history by now.

So I just leave everything as it. I have food, water, hygienic supplies, arms and a consumer-staples+health care ETF portfolio. No real estate because not enough capital.

+ a few month expenses in printed eurobux

It is the red pill but jews are already owners of the market and you will get jewed anyway.

The TRUE redpill is buying land and properties

Like others have said, gold/silver is a hedge against the direction of the economy. If that is what you want, get it. If you are worried about having a years worth of expenses covered with gold in the case of a major currency collapse, it seems a viable strategy (assuming you can readily exchange gold/silver for currency/goods during economic chaos).

Problem is, once you have spent your gold, then what? With a rental property that is partially leveraged, you win in every situation that isn't deflation. Inflation/hyperinflation? great your loan payment stays the same as you increase your rents to match inflation. Lose your job? Still getting an income. Complete collapse of fiat currency? The rents become payable in food/ammo/gold/silver/services. Even with deflation, that is generally a sign that your country is doing well comparatively to others, so your mortgage becoming slightly more expensive, relatively, isn't a huge deal.

this

Real estate is risky because you need huge amounts of money to be properly diversified.
As for only having the mortgage on a single house there is the realistic risk of the government deciding to drop a rapefugee barracks into your neighborhood.
Comparable cases in Germany have shown this can easily make you lose 50% to 70% of your value in a single week.

Same story here in the US with the Department of Housing and Urban Development always trying to transfer basketball-americans to white neighborhoods based on failed science. Just stay informed and white-flight your assets before diversity strikes.

objection. note the german land and properties law of 1945 (Lastenausgleichgesetz). Gold all the way baby, preferably in some rented Liechtenstein vault

Keep a bit of gold but if the government decides to ban having it, like they have in the past, the price crashes.

gold is for patient people

Invest in assets you can use for warfare in a race war.

This.
With gold you can't have more earnings than the devaluation of money.
By buying lands you can have some "devaluation-proof" investments, plus you can actually get profit from that, by renting, cultivating it, or even turning it into a parking lot.

Non-Gold-backed money was a mistake, jewish trick and absolutly retarded idea to begin with.