Why can't Hollywood make a half assed decent video game movie?

Why can't Hollywood make a half assed decent video game movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-6b6HYHcF0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because video games are garbage toys designed for literal children and mentally stunted manbabies, attempting to turn a piece of this bottom of the barrel trash """entertainment""" into an actual work of art is an impossible task destined for failure.

because theyre easy cashgrabs and they know their audience is gonna watch it anyway so no need to put effort into it

>garbage toys designed for literal children
someone doesn't like Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=-6b6HYHcF0A

It's not the medium, it's the artist(s)

once you remove the interactivity, you don't have a lot of content left.

plus you get away with a lot more campy stuff in games

Video games are expansive, but there isn't enough time in an overall film to fit both the narrative and make it true to the game without sacrificing something.

1 or 3 (maybe 3 but aye-dee-kay)

Implying Super Mario Bros. Isn't immaculate KINO

Official Sup Forums-approved list of good video game movies
>DOOM
>Resident Evil

As far as I know that's it. Seriously though, DOOM is super-unappreciated. As far as low-budget Aliens knockoffs go it's top-tier.

>half assed decent
Are you fucking retarded? Are you a 90s born queer?

>Postal

go kys pleb

Mortal kombat you fucking newfag.

ehhh, I don't know if I'd rate it on par with Resident Evil. Doom if we're being nice. Resident Evil really deserves its own tier above everything else to make the list reasonable, it's fucking awesome.

Warcraft was good desu

Warcraft wasn't as bad as everyone said. Not great but better than most.

which RE film are you talking about? there's literally dozens of them

Embarrassing. Lurk more faggot.

White washed Jew controlled Hollywood can't source material. They just can't.

Warcraft was half-decent, just had some awkward decisions.

First one. The rest vary a fair bit in quality but the first is supreme.

Fuck you bitch I've been here since the Virgin/Chad meme.

Because a video game, no matter how well written, is primarily a first-person experience. And I don't mean "first-person" in terms of perspective, I mean that YOU are playing the game. It is primarily a game, and you're the player.

A movie based on a game is going to be an adaption of the story and real-worldish justifications for unrealistic elements of gameplay.

That is to say, it'll be boring.

Warcraft was half "decent enough" and half "unacceptably shit", which blended into "maybe you're happy to eat shit but I'm not"

90s born queer stop embarrassing yourself.

Why do you care so much about the Mortal Kombat movie getting recognition in shit Sup Forums threads? Are you Christopher Lambert? Because Highlander was also shit.

pretty much this. most if not all video game movies are just big budget advertisements.

Because every new video game adaptation takes itself too seriously.
The older ones like Mario Bros, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc all had this sort of campy tongue-in-cheek feeling to them, like they remember that they are just a movie based on some games people play for fun and entertainment, so they are made to be entertaining movies.

Because they want a quick return, aka profit. The easiest way is to adapt with the youth demographic via quick cuts, lack of decent foreshadowing, ect...

Note how shitty films are when aimed at over 25 crowd now imagine if they are trying to adapt to kids, teens, adults and parties at the fence.

A better question is why hollywood only chooses games that are nearly impossible to adapt without adding characters and fucking up the mythos.

Sup Forums here. can confirm

I can't wait to see metal gear solid fans sperg out about how bad the movie is

this wasn't so bad

That video strengthens his argument.