Killing Joke

Watching this now.

Whats your opinion?

Terrible adaptation all around. Hamill was phoning it in, the Batgirl prologue had fuck all to do with anything, the pacing was awful, and they managed to get the emotions of all the key scenes exactly wrong.

Also kinda pissed they cut the whole "the average man" bit.

The beginning part up until Barbra get's shot could of been left out, the rest was fine.

Trash.

Awful. It's bad on its own terms, but as an adaptation it's completely botched.

The emphasis on Batgirl made it clear from the start they had no idea what they were doing.

Remove the prologue. Increase the animation quality for the main event and don't cut out any dialogue. Joker's supposed to mention telephone poles, and he didn't.

>as an adaptation it's completely botched.
How so?

Barbara and Bruce have sex in this cartoon

That is the most fucked up thing to have ever happened in the DC animated universe

I about puked

This guy has it right, in my opinion.

The art direction/animation was also lacking, which makes it even more pointless. You can argue that most of the adaptations DC has done have been inferior to their source material, but in this case I don't even think it holds up as its own independent feature (which is obviously how you ought to approach it).

Wasted potential. This could've been one of their most amazing animations and it fell flat on its face.

My opinion is that you should actually watch it instead of half paying attention while you post here.

Fun fact I made this during the batgirl scene. And took all of 20 seconds.

But anyway yea it was pretty shitty.
> when the joker started singing....
What the shit.

Id give it a 6/10
I thought that was cool.

No

>people forgetting Bruce Timm's been obsessed with BarbaraXBruce since the very beginning

Did everyone forget B:TAS and Batman Beyond? This is just same ole shitty Timm writing, this time without the nostalgia goggles.

>Did everyone forget B:TAS and Batman Beyond? This is just same ole shitty Timm writing,

Well meme'd, """"contrarian""""!

Why is the pacing of the actual Killing Joke so fucked? Everything seems so rushed.

i don't know how Joker made Batman laugh ...but i guess that he should've been the one

It was stupid than and its stupid now

I thought it was decent.

I like when adaptations change or add stuff, there is no point in re-doing the exact same thing. But obviously, when you're doing it on such a highly praised source material, you're bound to criticism.

I understand the Batgirl prologue, as it's meant to make us feel bad for what happens to her next, and it does add another layer to the story but making her closer to Batman in a way that wasn't the case in the book.
It gives more meaning that what Batman tries to do, and make his forgiveness and his will to 'help' the joker weigh more.

One interesting thing about the movie is the dichotomy between the voice actors from TAS, but the look of the characters looking more like the book in contrast.
Yet, it works perfectly. This made me realize that for instance Kevin Conroy IS Batman, no matter which. He transcends the different versions.

Paris Franz is one of the worst villains I have ever seen in a DC animated movie.
I get him being a filler villain and them not wanting him to outshine Joker, but they could've at least tried to make him interesting or at least entertaining.

I forgot.
Return of the cape crusader is far more memorial than killing joke.
And much more better.

My opinion is the same as your opinion like the echo chamber you want

I think you're better off watching The Dark Knight Returns Parts I & II
or Under The Red Hood
Though I will confess, I did laugh my ass off in the theatre when I saw the Jack Nicholson reference they snuck in. People looked at me like I was a madman.
Fucking casuals.

Even if you cut out the retardedly creepy prologue, it's still a shitty adaptation. The voice acting was phoned in, the art was bland, and the animation quality was Newgrounds-tier

>creepy prologue
I wish it was. It was just laughable instead.