Let's discuss the Homestuck update that just came out like 2 hours ago

Let's discuss the Homestuck update that just came out like 2 hours ago.

You know, the new content, to a popular web COMIC on this COMIC and cartoon board?

Let's do that.

Other urls found in this thread:

upd8.ninja/snaps/
youtube.com/watch?v=PFZAcOcE2No
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But the mods hate Homestuck, OP.

I wonder how Roxy knows where she is

Does she have the down low on what's going on as queen of derspit? Does she have chess people spies?

Where the fuck is Jane?

So are we thinking race war, or anti-Industrial hippies as the cause for Jane's kidnapping?

>random rebels manage to kidnap a fucking god
Cohen is fucking awful at this.

That's always what I think with this retarded new gimmick.

I'm already so sick of this shit, can't they just Pesterchum like they used to?

Is it all on snapchat? I refuse to get an account.

They didn't really kidnap her, they just hacked her teleporter. It's not like they overpowered her or anything.

millennials can't look away form their phone long enough to notice they're being kidnapped

upd8.ninja/snaps/

Why can't we just die in peace

Why must you fuck the corpse

>I wonder how Roxy knows where she is
Mary Sue.

>no sign of Dirk or Jake on the alpha kids' arc starting day
>no sign of Caliborn on his fucking birthday
Cohen...

>gay
This shouldn't somehow be a quality for things being good.

>brb being kidnapped tell my parents [emoji spam]

Silly 4channer, Caliborn is a sexist woman-hater and HAS NO PLACE IN THIS HUGBOX COMIC!!!

RRRRREEEEEEE!!!

>check mspa
>nothing
If it's not there then it's not a real update sorry
You're reading fanfiction

honestly im rooting for the rebels

>Does she have chess people spies?
This and fenestrated walls. Just like the queen she overtook

Welcome to new Homestuck, where the updates are not "how good can we make this" but rather "how much of our agenda shit can we fit into this"

There are many complaints to be levied on Cohen, but that is not one. Caliborn is his favorite character.

Think about it user

Remember Caliborn trapped John in a shallow void of a comic he called homosuck, where John's friends were pale immitations of the people he knew?

Well now John is in a future where everyone sucks and is a homo

Homosuck never left user

I was mainly joking.

Though it honestly surprised me he likes Caliborn when he's such an obvious SJW and spineless liberal.

He doesn't actually "like" him though.

He has an entire segment dedicted to explaining why he likes yaoi

Isn't that progressive enough?

The snapchats seem like shitty pre-smut fanfiction. I *really* hope Cohen doesn't bring this into Hiveswap, but with what's been happening lately, I wouldn't doubt it.

Somewhat off-topic, but would John support Mike Pence? I could totally see it now that John is the only straight guy left in a gay universe.

Obviously, he likes him as a character but he doesn't like him as a person and doesn't want good things to happen to him.

Obviously it doesn't matter. I can say my favorite book is "In Search of Lost Memories", it doesn't mean I understand it.

This was a test for Cohen and so far he's made a straight character gay, and bored me to tears. He failed.

He's the only character that never stops being funny and he ironically ends up with more growth and accomplishments than the main characters even though his "thing" was supposed to be that the villain in a coming of age story is hopelessly stunted and can never come of age. It's hard not to like him.

Well yeah, he IS the villain. Why would good things happen to him?

I don't like him as a person either, he's literally a Omnicidal maniac.

>Well yeah, he IS the villain. Why would good things happen to him?

Cause he worked for it. What, we gonna try applying morality in this void of a comic? Why is Nepeta dead as fuck when John could have saved her?

I know, but he's a "misogynist" and a "bully", so I just assumed die-hard liberals would automatically hate him.

Well, Caliborn is just a kid. Lord English is the problem. You wouldn't be too happy if you were meshed into a monster with crazy people you'd turn into a genocidal abomination too.

Nah man, Cohen likes him. I think Cohen's actually gonna be a pretty cool dude, people are overreacting to his tweets. Just look at his explanations to why he likes Caliborn, and you'll see that he's actually-Hahaha. Yeah right. Like I'm gonna say that. You suck Cohen.

Greetings. I own a prosperous animation studio in California, and I'm very interested in creating a Homestuck TV show. But first, a few questions.
I heard you had a hiatus that lasted several years? Yes, very interesting.
I also heard you lost several millions of dollars under mysterious circumstances, is that correct? Hmm, I see.
Homestuck features numerous instances of copyrighted material. No infringement here, I trust?
Last question: how would you describe your level of commitment to Homestuck? "Outsourced it, haven't touched it in years"? Well, that's very reassuring.
Thanks for the interview! I look forward to working with you, mr. Hoossie.

These snapchat updates are fucking retarded. How do I even view them if I don't want to download a shitty app

>Sorry Mr. Hussy! We've decided to go with this young man's pitch instead!

There's a Tumblr dedicated to posting the updates.

Mother fucker I JUST posted it.

upd8.ninja/snaps/

Who the Hell is that?

>Because the characters are so simple an eight year old can get them!
>And they do! And they love them!

>Why would good things happen to him?
Because Hussie failed at making him seem threatening after his entry flash and he came across as some hardworking dumb kid who wanted to make art, with the real villain being a volatile collection of souls that Dirk made? He didn't do anything that made me want to see him defeated or punished, so I want him to get as good an ending as the rest of the main characters did.

this is like the lamest update ever

not to mention there's no tension they're gods

>implying Toby needs an investor
I bet he sponsored Hiveswap out of pity.

But he DID want to destroy things, the art was just a temporary thing. He even said after his masterpiece was done, it was time to move on to become all-powerful and wreak havoc. And he seemed rather enthusiastic about it too.

Ryan North, creator of fancomic "Act 8".

It literally isn't canon.

>Not drawn by Hussie
>Not written by Hussie
>Not on the MSPA site

It's just glorified fanfiction.

That's handy, thanks.
These udpates still suck though

>Oh, you made a game too Andrew?
>How long did you spend writing it?
youtube.com/watch?v=PFZAcOcE2No

No, he said he wanted to be an artist but still had a passion for destruction. He only got pissed because everyone destroyed his art and his "future" and forced him into a puppet.

He's the motherfucking LORD OF TIME. If he really wanted to avoid that future, he probably could have.

>Dante Basco is no longer associated with What Pumpkin
>John Warren, the -former- What Pumpkin Buisiness Dev, has picked up a more vibrant and promising career opportunity with Zoe Quinn
>Ryan North is no longer a writer or director on Hiveswap
>Hussie is no longer writing or directing Hiveswap
>Cohen Edenfield has gone from "writer", to "headwriter", to "Creative Director" of Hiveswap

This is going to be

Well it's gonna be interesting. Imagine if they have like a second crowdfunder when they admit they don't have the dosh for an episode 2

Tobyposters please go.

>ryan north leaving hiveswap
>and yet I'm even less interested in it now
What fucking reality did I fall into

This seems like more of a plothole than anything. He's never seen using his powers once. I don't think he wanted his art to be destroyed.

You really think he was just gonna sit in that little base and make art for the rest of his life?

He said he wanted to be an artist, user.

I feel like the Cairo Overcoat somehow ties into it, but that's kind of vague and is probably the even more vague clockwork stuff.

Where the fuck did he get that anyway? I know it was probably made from that coat Kurloz took, but how did it grow and become magical?

But because of bad writing we spend most of our time with him as an artist and only see him intentionally fucking things up a couple times. Hussie didn't do a good job at making me feel like he was dangerous or evil.

You'd have to be crazy NOT to back it!

Actually, the twitter guy does all the writing.

And how long would it take for him to get bored?

Being a destructive lunatic is LITERALLY hardwired into his DNA. The artist thing wouldn't have lasted.

I love Caliborn, I really do, but I'm not gonna pretend like he isn't a maniac and a legit villain.

Maybe, if nobody had shown up to kick his ass. He seemed pretty autistic.

Yeah that was pretty autistic to beat up a kid for his comic. Wtf John

The Felt?
He said he had a passion for art and kept with it enough to legitimately improve. Caliborn would've been violent, sure, but it'd be part-time to his artistry.

But no one in The Felt has the ability to make clothes magical. The only one close enough is Stitch, but if he can do that we never hear of it.

If only Hussie decided to TIE UP loose ends like this...

They have time powers though. And Stitch's name is literally "stitch" so it makes sense?

>Being a destructive lunatic is LITERALLY hardwired into his DNA.
Same with trolls originally but that ended up getting more and more disregarded as the comic went on until they were basically just gray humans. Huss doesn't care about ignoring the biological details he makes up.

Caliborn's power is just his personality. Things go his way because he's a stubborn fuck who doesn't waste his time regretting his past, and presses ever forward. Things work out for him because he's willing to make them work out for him.

But he's also literally a Time player who God-Tiered.

Maybe. But it'd be nice for confirmation, I suppose.

That raises the question of why there's a timeline where Calliope was more stubborn and powerful than he was just because she was more jaded.

But that will never happen now.

I mean you're mostly right, I mean Doc Scratch is Alternia's First Guardian, he or the comic said he molded the trolls into the perfect SBURB-playing machines, what with Alternian culture forcing the young to fend for themselves and having to build their own homes and all.

It still makes sense for them to be naturally violent with that though.

So Jane's in a gay poly relationship with Roxy and Callie now? Is John the only straight left? and Dad I guess.

Dad's dead.

Don't forget Dave and Karkat.

They had no human contact in that timeline. Social interaction weakens her because it makes her a friendly pushover and strengthens him because it gives him people to mess with and be spiteful towards. Without the humans, you have a regular cherub vs a mentally disabled one and the disabled one loses.

b2 dad

pan and bi

B2 Dad is also dead.

>join CTR
are they making a new crash team racing?

Because Caliborn wasn't exposed to other people in that timeline either, and Caliborn only became who he is by fucking with other people.

No? we saw him in the credits. At Rose and Kanaya's wedding

He died after that. Remember John looking at his stuff?

But Caliborn's shtick is that he's the most stubborn guy around, so even then I expected him to win.

Dave is totally straight, nothing proves otherwise.

that was his dad's stuff. not his son's stuff

dave likes moms and dicks bro he is pan

He had a death shrine.

That was his own Dad, you idiot.

No, he lives in the Human Kingdom with Jane and sent John an authentic hat and pipe for his birthday.

If there's one lesson to learn from Act 6 and Cohen, it's that gay characters are a surefire indication of weaker writing.

Tokenism on crack, essentially. A gay character is a character the writer thinks of once and then considers again.

But how did he get his stuff?
Why was there somber music playing?

>But Caliborn's shtick is that he's the most stubborn guy around, so even then I expected him to win.
Obviously that part was an acquired trait.

for his dad from b1. jane's dad is alive and straight.

Jade?

Probably not for long tho, Davepeta will come back for maximum pandering because it's somehow popular.

>But how did he get his stuff?
because it was still in the house?

>Why was there somber music playing?
he was reminiscing

>nothing proves otherwise.

Careful, you might trigger icels.