An employee costs me £25...

>an employee costs me £25,000 a year + sick pay + paid maternity leave + times during the year the employee will slack off or go on holiday + workplace pension the government is forcing me to give
>A robot doing the same job will cost me literally a one off £25,000 with lifetime warranty

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't replace all my employees with robots in the near future when robots and AI get better

Other urls found in this thread:

ethz.ch/de/studium/master/studiengaenge/ingenieurwissenschaften/robotics--systems-and-control.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is none.

there is none but don't be surprised if they replace you too

Capital per employee increases result in increases in the standard of living for everyone. Go ahead.

Unless the job is totally predictable shit work you're going to have to wait a long ass time. They haven't even fully automated most warehouses and that's literally a job shuffling around boxes.

Why is that thing wearing safety goggles?

There are no good reasons OP except for the long term fact that mass unemployment will result, and that could lead to severe instability unless we find a way to craft a new society that works around the almost ubiquitous automation of labour

Wait until we replace the Capitalist exploiters with Robots. You just made yourself unemployed as well.

There isn't.

As good robotics and better advancement in AI becomes a thing we need to start "retiring" manual laborers and other lower class no/low skill job people.

There needs to be an option to get a lifetime payout of benefits or income in exchange for being sterilized. We don't need these people any longer and let's be honest, their genetics is usually garbage.

Nigger do you know how much ocular sensors cost? It's like you never owned a robot laborer.

I believe that having a fully automated workforce would be a good thing. Yes people won't be earning money but they wouldn't need to. It's not like the companies are going to be so stupid that they think theyll be able to sell shit when no one has a job.

*tips fedora*

Yes, but we have to make sure the economy and society adjust properly to it. It would be too easy for us to just become a society dominated by a few ultra rich people with everyone else being unemployed bums, and robots maintaining and servicing the colossal society the previous generations built but now exists solely for the ultra rich people that own it.

Google search the Manna story. That to me looks like the most likely outcome of automation if we're not careful and steer ourselves into a functional automated society.

Should such a thing happen, i fear the mob will attack the robot workers instead of going for the heart of the problem, which is the ultra rich.

>£25,000 a year + sick pay + paid maternity leave + times during the year the employee will slack off or go on holiday

What? All of those things come OUT of the £25k a year

Are you a moron?

>We don't need these people any longer

What makes you so special?

To protect its optical sensors, of course.

No reason really.
That's why you'll be paying for universal income.

It's an easier alternative than changing the entire capitalist dynamic so that's what's going to happen to keep a consumer base.

Do that and soon the mob will strip you off your assets just like my grandfather was by angry communists in 1950's. They took his factories, houses/apartments, cars and even personal belongings found in the houses. They forced the family to live in the garage next to one of the houses.

Just 10 years later none of the grandfather's numerous nationalized companies existed because communist had no idea how to run them.

What a glorious future of automation. The plebs will throw an immense fit if they won't be able to get work.

Fuk em, we need to depopulate the earth by 70% and keep the population idefinitely alive through means of novel anti-aging interventions.

>A robot doing the same job will cost me literally a one off £25,000 with lifetime warranty
by then people will have voted to tax all your shit away lad

This shit right here

Dunno anyone even asks this question.

Who do you sell your goods and services to?

now if you owned a farm. It wouldn't really matter.

>A robot doing the same job will cost me literally a one off £25,000 + daily fuel/energy + cost of maintenance + cost of parts + limited workplaces

Because robots will never exist, you dumbass. They've been talking about robots taking over for 100 years now. Face it, robots just aren't as good as humans.

I'm the one who designs, creates the logic, programs, and manufactures the robot.

Let's be honest, the people these things are going to replace are sub 95 IQ who don't really contribute much to society. It's better if we "retire" this tier of people so that more intelligent people can live on and continue making the Earth a better place for humans.

Probably yes. Whatever media exists will probably heat things up just like they do with race relations today. And the ultra rich will use it as an excuse ("look how violent this group of people are!") to crack down on people, to keep them away from robots, to confine them, to reduce their numbers...

Hmm...seems remarkably similar to what's happening today actually. I'm not deliberately trying to reach this conclusion, but it is amusing to realise it as I type

well no the robot to do the same job will cost you 250,000 one off plus maintenance. advanced robotics that can replicate human tasks are not cheap. it still doesn't change anything though it's always cheaper to go with the robot. Give it a few years.

You forgot planned obsolescence

No need to worry, there will be cucks like you there fighting for robot rights.
>inb4 robots are considered another oppressed minority that white people want to lynch and enslave

Oh, yeah. Need to feed corporate kikes who will be releasing new iRobot every year with "new revolutionary features that everyone must have".

The ROI of a robot that costs the same as a human's one year salary will be fairly quick. Probably around 2-3 years. It's well worth it.

Give me (You)s
214 replies

lol. probably because the eyes are pretty expensive I assume.

that look tho.must have a buttplug inserted

Unless the job is very menial you won't be able to get bots for them and also you'll just have 1/3 of the employees that you have to pay double because they have to be skilled now in maintaining and handling issues with your robots.

The 25k a year covers all that but what you should have said is that even though the 25k covers the expenses when the worker is sick or up the duff they are not at work and need to be covered by someone else who requires payment.

Women are so more expensive to employ than men, if they have 2, 3 or even more kids that is at least 1 year off work for each child.

Sure men can get maternity leave now kek but it is like so short it is no real comparision.

The robot on the otherhand has none of these problems, could also work non stop until needing a charge, work through the night if needed. Only real problems are expenses such as the initial downpayment and general upkeep and repairs.

But you understand you're next?
Maybe you will be able to retire before it happens but its going to happen.
If you cut off the bottom, that only makes a new bottom.
Just a matter of time.

>I'm the one who designs, creates the logic, programs, and manufactures the robot.

those are four very different jobs. i doubt you do any of those things my 15 year old chap

There is none, but don't expect your employees to return to the factory next morning with torches and pitchforks after you laid them off.

By the time we get to have robots remplacing people, keep in mind that some country will have taxes on them, and will also reduces taxes for those still employing people.

Also another thing you need to keep in mind is that machines need maintenance. I don't think that said maintenance will cost you $25,000 a year per machine. You'll have possibly to hire a a companny or a guy with huge qualifications (so higher salary) to work on the machines and on top of that you might need a budget for remplacements/spare parts.

Not sure if by then it will be the best option, money wise.

7 billion humans. I'm probably in the top 1-2% as far as intellect goes. I'm ok with at least 90% of humanity not being around. Do we really need fast food workers, assembly line workers, or any other menial laborer? Not with current technology.

Mechanical engineer with back ground in computer science and automation.

yeah because your robot doesn't need stuff like spare parts, maintenance, power, supervision....

>not employing maintentance
>robutt borken
>waiting half a hour for service to arrive
>waiting them for fixing it
>losing more than 25K due to not having maintenance employed
>buy ALL the robutts twice for sake of redundance
>DERP
>

There's not a single reason why you shouldn't.
Besides automation is 100% inevitable.
Might as well jump on that bandwagon as fast as possible, because everyone else is going to do it the moment it's affordable and that's going to drive the non automated companies out of business.
They simply won't be able to compete.

Everyone with half a brain, should at the moment be looking into getting a job that requires creative thinking.
Only way to survive the massive societal change that's looming right above us.
Automation is going to happen way faster than peple even realize.

nah. you're just an underage dumbass.

fpbp

>creates robots to serve people
>wants 90% of people to disappear

Then we won't need robots...we won't need you.

>Robot with meaningless circular ports ALL OVER it
>hands to waist to face
>even the hardhat has them
>rigid handles connecting limbs between points of flexibility that obviously have no flexibility themselves and attach in places that make absolutely no sense

What fucking moron designed this?

I'm not taking a new picture, but you're still a nigger.

Yes, because we need 7 billion people right? The world would just simply stop turning with 700 million people on it right?

>be artist
>robots will never get good at art and take my job
>mfw

Depends on the line of work you are in. If it is in the service industry people might prefer other humans.

Manufacturing is already heavily roboticised where the water level is higher.

>Might as well jump on that bandwagon as fast as possible, because everyone else is going to do it the moment it's affordable and that's going to drive the non automated companies out of business.
Won't it also drive the prices to the ground since the labour costs are near non-existant?

I can make pretty paper too.

Show something impressive, like a home made clock/robot or your creations.

A little thing I did for the /diy/ banner contest. Unfortunately people who have Sup Forums passes are all btards.

hahah..bachelors.

>Mechanical engineer with back ground in computer science and automation.

background implies you have a bachelors in those things and at least a masters in M.E. you have toilet paper. from some ranked 250 state college. you're a joke.

ethz.ch/de/studium/master/studiengaenge/ingenieurwissenschaften/robotics--systems-and-control.html

if people lose their jobs, then they will not have money to spend, with no money to spend on buying things, why do you need robots to produce such things?

Do it.

Yes, that's exactly why all companies who don't automate are going to be fucked.
Or at least it's going to drive prices lower than the competition, I don't think anything is ever going to drive prices to some dramatically low levels.
Of course it's possible that governments are going to start giving money to companies that employ humans, so they'd stay in business.
Apparently this is what they do in China, so they create tons of bullshit jobs in the automated companies to get money from the gov.

Universal basic income is going to become a thing.
It simply has to happen.

Nixie clock I'm currently working on.

Looks like I triggered some NEET who will get the culling.

Safety first.

>brags about qualifications
>has only a bachelors
>thinks hes in the master race

hamburgers are always a good laugh

>robots will never take my job
feels good mang

>Fuk em, we need to depopulate the earth by 70%
niggers, pajeets, akbars and kikes first!

Ohhh boy you need to do a bit of research buddy.

>tfw I'm irreplacable at work by robots since a big part of it involves interacting with my employer's clients

Then again, the competition would be fucking huge if a lot of people get laid off in other places.

>Bachelors

>implying 100 is high IQ

>Universal basic income is going to become a thing.
>It simply has to happen.

So these people you don't want in the workforce, you would rather just pay them instead of making them work for it?
This is somehow going to make them stop breeding?

The London riots were literally caused by "youngsters" who were given government hand-outs and as a result were able to do whatever the fuck they wanted with their time.

What do you think is going to happen when nearly the entire global male population has too much free time on its hands?

>not knowing what an average is

this is getting embarrassing. i'm going to let you off the hook because toying with a guy who brags about a bachelors makes me feel like a bully

good luck american. your online IQ tests and state college will serve you will im sure

Wtf... I hate capitalists now!

Pic related.
Dead capitalist scum in the mud. My favourite fap material.

It's either going to be "get sterilized or don't get universal income."

There is absolutely no reason to sustain the populations we have now.

>Yes, because we need 7 billion people right? The world would just simply stop turning with 700 million people on it right?
Do you think those 6,3 billion people would simply disappear without putting up a hell of a fight for their own survival?

>There is absolutely no reason to sustain the populations we have now.
Manpower for war.

The only reason states do anything is to prepare for war.

So long Mr. Neet. May you have the best of luck in the future.

>hurrrr building muh nixie kit I bought from ebay proves I'm smrt!

Gas yourself.

Won't ever happen. They would have to make robots expensive enough so that only the very wealthy can afford them. If everyone could buy one, they would, and send them to work in their place. Or send them to demonstrate outside your factory or work place for not giving employment to humans.

N.B. I'm not a robot. I had to click pictures of cars to prove it.

>Yes, because we need 7 billion people right? The world would just simply stop turning with 700 million people on it right?

Only a matter of time, friend.

Like happened when we had the industrial revolution?

What about robot running cost? That goes on top of the 25 000, while people who cost 25 000 pay for their own food.

WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN THEY GET A ROBOT TO REPLACE YOU?

This is why I'm saying we "retire" them. Give them some incentive like universal income. Most people will take that in a heartbeat.

With advancements in technology less people are needed to wage wars. With the advent of nuclear weapons there are no more conventional wars.

Did you not see the screen shot I posted earlier? I designed my own board...

My only hope is that the level of shitskins falls rapidly. These people are not only unwanted, but mostly a drain on the Earth itself.

There were mass riots in 1848, yes. Followed by two decades of pretty intense migration into land where they actually needed workers. Except if the entire planet "automated" then where would the unemployed go?

Do you even history?

I'm going to hire Lithuanians to fix my robot workforce. Poles are likely to loosen screws, unlube parts, and fuck shit up to get more work later.

Its a slippery slope were on, how long before the left has robot voters???

You went too easy on him comrade.

>With advancements in technology less people are needed to wage wars
So instead of having the same amount of equipment and less people, have the same amount of people and more equipment.

You aren't thinking like a winner, user.

>This is why I'm saying we "retire" them. Give them some incentive like universal income. Most people will take that in a heartbeat.
And what are they going to do then?

You already have pretty large populations in Sweden and co. where a certain group of people lives on "free universal income" and coincidentally they also provide society with the most violent criminals.

If you still forced niggers to work in the fields, you wouldn't have any gang crime either. They wouldn't have time to "bang" and whatnot.

>with lifetime warranty
lol, they will never have lifetime warranties. They will break down and you will have to employ people to service them. Anything with moving parts will fail.

>humans think they are the master race
Flesh and bone is obsolete and primitive. Silicon and synthetics are the true master race.

By god, we would turn into babylonions.

>genocide yourself for lower middle income

Are you sure they will just go for it?

>They wouldn't have time to "bang" and whatnot.

Funny, I see outdated farm equipment all around me. How did working the fields prevent American niggers from banging?

They won't die, just their bloodline. Most niggers don't want children anyway. They think about the here and now and lack foresight.

You cannot give the D to a robot.

Okay, and what if they decide that they're going to want that money AND procreate? Who's going to protect you from them overwhelming you with brute force?

>So these people you don't want in the workforce, you would rather just pay them instead of making them work for it?

That's a hard question to answer.
Because the thing is that there's absolutely nothing for the low skilled and uneducated people to do, once automation has taken most of the manpower needs away.
You can't exactly re-educate many of these guys.
So anything they'd end up doing would be borderline useless and I find it hard to believe that masses of people would go with that for too long.
Also what Eesti says here is true
>where a certain group of people lives on "free universal income" and coincidentally they also provide society with the most violent criminals.

We already have the basic universal income over here in Scandinavia, though it's under a different name, but it's there in principle.
The results from it among many people are pretty clearly divided.
Either people become bored and depressed NEETs, who do nothing but play vidya and drink, which even this place is full of.
Or they become violent nigs with nothing to do, but raping and robbing people.

So it's a very difficult subject.
Either force people to do completely useless shit, which would probably lead to the same boredom,depression and violence, or flat out give them money which has the same end results.
Neither of those is a very inviting option.
But as things are going now, we're heading towards the latter option, which is universal basic income without any requirements.

government regulations

I see you're probably going to be one of those who doesn't get to pass on his genetic line.

You don't get benefits until after sterilization. Not that hard of a concept.

Because you won't have anyone to buy your products?

Why is everyone missing the "you don't get any money until you submit to sterilization" part?