Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing

>Past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing.

What did he mean by this? What age?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LiKeMWSIkvo
youtube.com/watch?v=ARMF1Qr-zDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

man in their 30's without a family are usually losers, weird loners or Sup Forumsentooman.

Depends on the man, the career, and his breeding grounds. A guy working in stocks, mid thirties, single, /fit/ and lives in a nice ass apartment downtown probably slays pussy five times a day and always parties.
Get this family shit out of here.

He meant to say that past a certain age, a man without a family can be a bad thing.

Because he has no shared interest in the stability or prospering of society for his offspring

Yes, good goy, fuck family values, support degeneracy

What purpose does that even have after a while?

He's always been intimidated by Russ being himself and not covering up his idiosyncrasies and flaws with the picture perfect painting of the family man everyone expects.

Marty had it all - the beautiful young wife and two childred. Home. Wealthy respected father in law. Etc.

But Russ had none of that and was an outsider.

But who was better police?

Marty's promotions were always the result of Rust and he couldn't handle that so always needed to find a reason to tear him down.

get outta here with that Sup Forums shit cunt. this isn't a family friendly thread.

Marty's descent into JUST is an underrated aspect of season 1. That scene when he's old and bald watching old cowboy movies with a tv dinner crushed my soul

Pleasure is always its own end. Would you rather exist or actually live?

As he scrolls through dating sites looking at divorced women.

Also, the line is completely different once you finish the series. Marty destroys his family and obviously isn't a perfect man as he hits his daughter and it's implied that he's hit his wife before. But its Sup Forums so everyone is going to take things out of context to bait people.

Truly as pathetic as its gets. Therefore it will always be better to be a fucking weirdo like rust

how the FUCK are you guys able to "discuss" the same exact thing EVERY SINGLE DAY?
The same exact thread and the same exact posts every day, if that's not autism than I don't know what is.

Would you like to talk about how Pennywise is Trump instead?

Time is a flat circle

Shy and average guys don't get girlfriends/wives, unfortunately.

Who was he shooting at?

Memes aside. All memes aside. I still don't get who he was shooting at.

I don't know this meme. What are you guys talking about?

b-but shy average girls get boyfriends. feminism is a lie.

Why does everyone always ignore the fact that he says "can"?

He obviously means there are exceptions but usually it's not a good thing.

I don't know what you're trying to say. It's just very difficult for a shy and average guy to get a girlfriend or wife. Most women cheat too.

>hedonism
>actually living

It's actually the opposite as you are completely dead inside. You aren't even human. Stop being an immature cunt and grow up.

>no argument

Just kill yourself my man

>You think you can come here and fuck MY wife?
>You don't fuck another man's wife, Rust!
>I LIKE fucking MY wife.

What was the gestalt of the writer-directors intention during the frames this exchange took place on?

>nice ass apartment
>slays pussy

Cop here, we had some good keks at that scene. Most of the single lads over 30 are slaying badge bunnies 4+ nights a week.

Fuck off 90s born queer

That after a certain age a man needs a family else he's a worthless shit.

Get out of here

Hey you cool dudes, does anyone know where to buy some marijuana needles?

That's my nightmare. I don't plan on being alone past 35 if I can help it. Even with a good career, living alone is torture. I lack the constitution for being a lone wolf. The only way I could see it work if I worked a really exciting job, like in the mercenary in Syria or some shit, where you have no time to think about it.

There's no such thing as "no time to think about it".

This is a rare meme thread where you almost always get insightful responses. Also, it's not like the same people are always posting and responding.

>or some shit
Teenage nigger detected

>badge bunnies
PFFT AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm turning 30 soon.
How do I unjust myself?

You could be surrounded by people and still feel alone. A woman and a family will not solve your problems. They might make you look well adjusted to others-if that's something you want.

Nothing changes,
we like change, but change has to be reciprical, you can turn into a tranny and no one will give a shit, in the same way that you could make yourself "shine" in public and no one will give a shit.

Family integrates this sense of "doing the right thing". A lot of people feel incapable of loving themselves so they love others instead.
People who love themselves are either narcissists or successful people, the irony being it's hard to tell when you're doing well.

When you look at your child and your child looks back, it's simply a way for you to reason feeling like a success without neccessarily being one.
Don't know if I'm hitting in the relevant ballpark, only 22, but I see it a lot on people's faces in crowds.
A lot of people in their 30s who aren't successful fiscally give up and find other options. Some men are broken into fooling themselves that a family will help things though, like Marty.

I still think about this scene

You did well. Good job user.

>Make a successful thread
>Spam It over and over for the rest of your life
Why is Sup Forums so goddamn autistic?

Whatever age Leo DiCaprio is

>or
you mean 'and'

This happens in all the other boards, stop singling Sup Forums out. Accept that anons are autistic and have nobody to talk to.

You can if you don't care about them and let your relationship go cold and sour. But if I did have a wife that I know loved me and that I loved then I would work on not letting that happen. It's not even about kids, just about a companion that you share your life with. Someone you can talk to about everything and someone you can come back to after a long day. I hate that this is a need I have. I sometimes actually wish I was a psychopath and had that social part of my brain turned off. Because that's what it is, at the end of the day. Just a mechanism in your brain, that you have no control over, that rewards you for social behaviour because that makes sense if you want to survive

>fiscally
When you say successful, do you only mean financially? Because there are a lot of different kinds of success.

Sorry, Sup Forums is the only board I browse so I wouldn't know.

You could just stay on reddit

It's subjective. I think some men are better suited to have families than others. They have the patience,the stability and the genes to raise a happy well adjusted family and it would benefit both themselves and society. But it's not for everyone. In today's world especially,when marriage is not as sacrosanct as it used to be, it's mostly a mistake.

It is not the solution to loneliness. Broken men get JUSTed by tying themselves down with used up damaged women, so that they don't look pathetic. Ironically, it's very pathetic and cowardly.

Live life on your own terms. I can't promise you that you'll always be happy. You'll have your low moments. But here's the thing. Everyone does. But rather than running from it, accept it. It will pass. That's stoicism.

Find principles to guide you and tell you what's important in your life. It doesn't have to be lofty or ambitious. It could be anything that inspires you to work on it every day. Find like minded people who share your interest. That right there is the key to a good life.

Past a certain age (35) a man without a family will realise he doesn't have much to lose and it's hard to keep him in check.

This doesn't apply to "men" who live in their parents basement.

>Sorry, ___ is the only board I browse so I wouldn't know
That's not a badge of honor. Especially not for Sup Forums.

i'm 33, married and have two kids and most of my friends within the range of my age are still single or on on-off-relationships. sure, they have tons of time, but what are they doing with their lives? the meet at the same pubs on the same days, drinking the same beer discussing the same vidya. sometimes i'll join them and after an hour i say to myself "thank god i'm not them - i would not want to live like this".

sometimes i'm frustrated that i won't get "time off" (kids are 5 and 2), but it's satisfying like nothing else to see them sleep at the end of the day, knowing, they had a great time, not to mention the feeling, when they are happy when you come home after work, camping you for until they pass out.

maybe i drifted away with this post, but the bottom line is: if you want to know the meaning of real love, have kids and be the best dad to them you can. it will last forever.

get a proper job, get at least a little fit, look for a woman in their mid 20's and don't fuck up because you develope false expectations of life.

Link? or at least the episode? Don't rememeber it, and sounds like your projecting or exaggerating. Can't be that bad.

Nah

>"gee, i wished i would have worked a few more hours late, so my boss would have made even more money, instead of spending time with my wife and kids!"
no one ever on their deathbed

Mammal life.

He regrets his marriage, that's just what he says to himself to justify his life choices.

western society was a mistake on the family front. i know many women in their 30s who chose career over family and i can literally watch them panicking and/or getting frustrated. i also know enough man of the same age wo start to realize they live the same life like they did when they were 15 and that they're about to hit a dead end. they start to see the big 40 and that they have to stay alone or get the relationship scraps they've become.

youtu.be/LiKeMWSIkvo

I really can't see myself getting any pleasure at all from having mindless sex every night with people I don't even know.

In the sense that guys who find success financially are less likely in my mind to want to tie themselves to others.
In my opinion I don't think there are many types of success.
There is a respected success and a genetic success sure, but it's all dependant on how you approach the economy. No one thinks a broke person with the genetic lottery is a success because there is no effort. No one thinks an artist is successful until he is able to sell works for a lot of money.
This idea of success as a mental concept is immature and only exists in people blinded by sprituality.

>kids are 5 and 2
Oh buddy you have a long way ahead of you.

The "thank god i'm not them - i would not want to live like this" will bite you in the ass when you realize you were coping the whole time.

>kids are doing fine
>in about 10 years they will be mature enough so i don't have to micromanage most of their stuff anymore
>can go back to "myself" and keeping an eye of them, help them to stay out of trouble
>meanwhile my gamerfriends have now 2year olds or are still alone and bitter
yeah, i'm coping.

>hedonism

Do you want to know how I know you're under the age of 21

>sure, they have tons of time
user, you traded in your own live for others, if that's what you want, that's what you want.

>my gamerfriends have now 2year olds
Oh never mind if that's the case. I take it back.

my kids and my family in general ARE part of my life now. i did not trade in anything. what i wanted to say was that sometimes i get tired and want some time off, but that's like two times a year - and the older children become, the easier it gets.

youtube.com/watch?v=ARMF1Qr-zDI

>and the older children become, the easier it gets.
>when they start dating, texting, smoking and fucking it's going to be easier
Lmao dude, I hope you don't plan on relaxing like that. Especially not in the Current Year when degeneracy is schooled. It's much easier taking care of younger kids.

I totally understand mate. And I hope you find what you are searching for. I just hope that your life won't hinge on the success of that endeavour. One must only be so lucky.

Perfect waifus who unconditionally love you are a fairy tale mate. I'm not even being edgy about it, you're projecting fantasies instead of thinking about real people.

>Someone you can talk to about everything
Do you have family or friends? Trust me you don't want to leave yourself vulnerable and in tears around your wife.

⊙ω⊙

I would say 40.

A 30 year old man may be some dude who is rising in his career and just know has money and social stability to marry some hot 20 yo white girl.

By the time you're 40 though if you not married is either because you're an unsucessful man or you have some weird fetish and normal women just won't satisfy you.

Thanks. Powerful stuff.

Why would I want to settle down? For a single aging pussy?

I do have a family and friends now, but what happens when I'm 35 and my family is all over the place or dead and friends are getting hard to come by? You need a partner then. And I'm not talking about unconditional love or anything, just a girl you like being around who likes being around you, who you can have a mature relationship with, and who's not a piece of shit cheater. If that's a fantasy then I might as well shoot myself now.

Well spooked.

So why is hedonism bad?

What can I say? You're a weak person. I'm not trying to be a mean douche on the internet but you are and you need to deal with this problem asap. You need to form yourself and be happy on your own. Because if you absolutely can't handle being alone then there is something dangerously wrong with you and holding onto some random woman for your dear life would be extremely risky. You'd probably end up blowing your brains out if something were to happen between you and this imaginary person who "loves being around you just because". Especially in this day and age.

Something something degeneracy, I guess.

Guys, just stop, this is a complete waste of time. You're not going to be able to explain to a bunch of young bucks why family is meaningful and important. Stop and try to remember how your brain worked at their age. Right? Did you listen to the old men who tried to tell you what was what?

You can't just hand somebody perspective. That kind of thing is well beyond the limits of human communication. It's a kind of wisdom, and the only way anybody ever learns wisdom is the hard way. Your stockbroker hedonism guy up there, that's an old story, we all know how it plays out. Why worry about it?

in my experience, such problems mostly develope within families were no one gave a shit about the kid, when they don't have positive role models. why do you think i'm so dedicated?

>By the time you're 40 though if you not married is either because you're an unsucessful man or you have some weird fetish and normal women just won't satisfy you.
that reminds me of a saying by my grandfather: "a man who don't smoke, won't drink and don't like pussy has vices i don't even want to know about"

It sucks to know that I'll die a virgin. It would be nice to have e a girlfriend or wife, but I believe that all women cheat. I don't think I could date because I'd always imagine her cheating.

you're right, but i wished i would have listend more when i was in my early 20s. could have saved me much artificial problems. maybe one or two anons will think of this postings when the time comes.

what are badge bunnies? female cops?
or just women who like to fuck with cops?

>So why is hedonism bad?
Just by virtue of being a type of very extreme philosophy, I think. Nothing inherently wrong with seeking out pleasure and doing things you enjoy. But constantly seeking pleasure to the exclusion of all other considerations, as in the hedonist's philosophy, will probably bite you in the ass sooner or later.

Besides the obvious mechanical pitfalls (STD's, addiction, etc), it's likely going to lead you down a nihilistic route sooner or later. I mean, if you're focused completely on your own gratification, then your "purpose", so to speak, is turned entirely inward. Nothing you accomplish can ever be larger than yourself, by definition. Because at the end of the day it's all just finding new ways to jerk off.

Thing is, as you get older, your sense of perspective continually "zooms out". Your understanding of the world gets larger and larger, the more you learn, and your corresponding significance in it shrinks. If your entire sense of purpose is tied up in one little, incredibly short-lived mortal shell, you're likely to get pretty depressed.

I know all about being alone, mate. I don't have a problem being alone now. I just fear that I'll have a problem with it when I'm older and I truly have no one.

>everyone should follow my lifestyle
>it's inconceivable that someone would want to live differently
No. This is coming from someone who wants a family.

Or they simply might have realized that hookers are way cheaper than footing the bill for wives/kids/alimonies.

>Stop and try to remember how your brain worked at their age. Right? Did you listen to the old men who tried to tell you what was what?

There wasn't any older men to give advice in my family. No father, no strong uncles, the only men still around were from he silent generation and didn't offer advice.

It's just worse the closer to present you're born. There's a reason men are seeking out populist politics or growing resentful in some r9k/MRA way, they have no rolemodels, nobody to guide them, no purpose, and all society ever does is shit on them, tell them all the ills of society is their fault and any pain they have, any hardships, is nothing, because "privilege".

So yes, I do think they're looking for guidance.

Yeah but if you're not financially stable by your 30s, it makes it very difficult to find a wife to start a family with.

if you think it's all about meaningless sex, than you'll still have much to learn.

No you're right. No other board reposts threads over and over and over like Sup Forums does.

The way you're speaking, it's like that parent who thinks they've found the answer to the universe.
Becoming a parent didn't really make you more humble did it, just made you feel more superior.
>Your stockbroker hedonism guy up there, that's an old story, we all know how it plays out. Why worry about it?

The very fact that you assume that a stockbroker type couldn't equally succeed as a parent or single at the same level comfirms your bias.