Will Peter Jackson Mortal Engines movie this be kino or The Hobbit level shit?

Will Peter Jackson Mortal Engines movie this be kino or The Hobbit level shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.co.uk/article/mortal-engines-phillip-reeve-peter-jackson-film
quora.com/How-did-Peter-Jackson-get-the-opportunity-to-direct-the-Lord-of-the-Rings-trilogy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well I fucked up the first post pretty badly

wired.co.uk/article/mortal-engines-phillip-reeve-peter-jackson-film

>more swordshit confirmed
It's about time.

>What's her face doesn't even have a huge disfiguring scar, it's fucking tiny and barely noticeable
It's going to be shit. No young actress is going to make herself look ugly in her first role.

but its set in the future

Currently marathoning Peter Jackson's filmography and I'm at a loss as to why he was tapped to handle Tolkien. Can anyone explain?

"The boring answer would bethe right man (an experienced director capable of both massive spectacle and gut-wrenching drama who also owns a brilliant FX company) at the right place (an island that happens to not only beMiddle-Earth but is also unusually cheap to film in) at the right time (when digital effects has just become good enough to bring justice to Lord of the rings but right before someone else nabs the rights to it)."

quora.com/How-did-Peter-Jackson-get-the-opportunity-to-direct-the-Lord-of-the-Rings-trilogy
though desu looking at his older stuff i also am starting to wonder why people thought he would be could do it

Because he spent years preparing shit that was as convincing as it gets

Tbf, The Hobbit was shit for various reasons, mainly too little time for planning and a certain Spanish director feeling like he should just abandon the entire project. But Peter has directed some pretty bad films, the Lovely Bones come to mind. We'll have to see I suppose, but don't get your hopes up.

This seems like the sort of adaptation that should have happened a decade ago. Shit, I can't even remember what happens in the books and I liked them a lot at the time.

I tried rereading them awhile ago, they were far better the first time I read them. Good kids books though

inb4 the chick isn't ugly and Sup Forums doesn't get angry

He was recognised as a brilliant if unmotivated film maker. His grasp of practical effects and story telling was well documented however his efforts had largely been pet projects produced for fun. When presented with material that was truly special to him, he stepped up to the plate. I'm not sure if he pitched himself or if he had people batting for him but he was the first guy to get handed a budget for 3 films in a series. As in: here is money/resources for 3 films, make 3 films. As I'm sure you know, studios prefer to float one and then see how it performs.

She is supposed to have half her face destroyed. She is supposed to be ugly as fuck in the books. Not a kool scar half her face is gone

don't like Mortal Engines

I know, idiot.

Wait, are you claiming that Lord of the Rings was good?

>thought he would be could do it

Nowhere in my post do I imply that. But it is the GOAT trilogy

other books you'd like to see adapted?

my pick

You're right, it wasn't implied. I don't like it though

I think the success of Heavenly Creatures help him out a bit.

I learned to read via Tolkien and achieved perfect SAT scores. I DO NOT LIKE PETER JACKSON'S LOTR MOVIES. Don't care to argue about it, and fuck you.

>if I call everyone else stupid, they'll think I'm smart

Christian Rivers directing it. Give the man some credit to

My parents were poor so they fed me mashed pages of Lord of the Rings soaked in water and I am the Astronaut Program Coordinator at NASA, a role I was offered after obtaining my PHD at age 11. Your opinion withers beneath my towering intellect.
Not an argument

OK stop me if I'm wrong but "perfect sag scores" would put you beyond mortal ken, let alone shit posters on Sup Forums. Dumb people can't even lie believably

I really did achieve perfect SAT scores. I post about it often here, as posting on Sup Forums is my only pastime now that I have lost my wife and child.

Oh fuck you're good, OK please continue I didn't realize you were elite

i wouldve prefer him to make some classic fantasy tb h, i want some medieval orc and magic shit again

never was a fan of futuristic punk shit, but oh well, mite b cool

>No young actress is going to make herself look ugly in her first role.

It's not exactly her choice user. Besides, the actress they got it pretty plain in the first place.

>I have lost my wife and child
Hahahaha eat shit loser

Just go to security, they'll put out an announcement on the tannoy.

>tannoy
Why can't you Brit fags use non-trademark names for things.

We get paid to use those words.

>oi mum! Make us a cuppa PG tips® and don't use none of that Tetley® rubbish it tastes like pig swill

Is this doing the first book or the whole trilogy?

>steampunk

Into the trash it goes.

you will severely regret asking for this

>OK stop me if I'm wrong but "perfect sag scores" would put you beyond mortal ken
That's a gross exaggeration. Breaking the SAT just puts you in the top 0.1% or so of the population (which probably puts you somewhere around 0.5% - 1.0% of the university crowd). It's high, but hardly unheard-of. I know of a couple dozen people that managed it. They're mostly docs / scientists, as you'd expect, but they're not "beyond mortal ken" by any stretch.

Sometimes they're hikkis

>you will severely regret asking for this
Sanderson would probably actually translate pretty well to the screen. His books are pretty "cinematic" to begin with - good audience identification characters, multiple arcs that all meet up at the end, lots of wizz-bang action scenes with unusual gimmicks, etc.

BranSan isn't amazing writing, but the thing about amazing writing is it often ends up being criticized as "unfilmable".

ON THE OTHER HAND, I would have said the same thing about any of the Fantasy Terrys, and most of those were botched pretty badly in the transition to the screen.

Sorry I was trying to be hyperbolic and draw attention to the fact that shitposters and the .01 percentile of intelligence aren't likely to overlap. I am also the senior editor of the lancet, you see how that works?

I really hope it's good because these books were the finest young adult stuff on the market.

it's a tetralogy but they're only doing the first one at the moment. If it does well, we'll hopefully get the whole thing

I remember falling in love with the first and second book as a young nerdy kid.

1 and 2 were great, 3 took a little bit of a dip (mainly because of one character being annoying) but then 4 was absolutely top-tier.

I re-read them recentlyish (i.e. when I found out that this was finally getting made after a decade of pontificating) and they still hold up really well.

im done with pete now

You fell in love with cock you fag

I remember really liking the books. Read it when I was a kid. Hope it turns out ok.