So... what was his endgame? And his actual motivations?

So... what was his endgame? And his actual motivations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=agusDATduWQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

to make republic city great again

To make the world a better, more equal place.
Unfortunately he was undone by privileged benders that didn't want to give up their power over normies and were backed by the government and wealhy investors(asami and varric).

To conquer Republic City using whatever means necessary. It's what his father raised him to do.

Both Amon, his bro and his dad all had the same goals, but with opposed methods. The father seeked to rule the city from the underworld, the brother corrupting it from within the government, and Amon through deception, revolution, and seizing power directly.

Getting the world rid of bending. He really, really didn't think his plan, through, however.
1) Even if he somehow debends every single bender in the world, he and his brother are the living proof that de-bended parents can have bender children.
2) He is only able to get people rid of bending thanks to coming from an extremely powerful bloodline of bloodbenders.

So after he makes the world great again, he'll have to have children, indoctrinate them to be ant-bending fanatics just like him (as opposed to power hungry hypocrites or rebellious free spirits) and teach them bloodbending so they can redo this shit every generation.
Amon's plan was really, really stupid.

Also, making him a bender was a really stupid decision. He should've been telling the truth about being annointed by spirits. Just make them dark spirits - Amon was Unalaq's unwitting puppet all along!

"unfortunately"
Bending is part of some people's identities. It's also part of how some people make their living. Imagine someone running around and cutting people's legs off because they thought people with legs had an unfair advantage over people without them. How a runner would feel losing his or her legs to such a person? (feel free to ignore the probable phantom limb syndrome).

>IT WAS ALL MAKEUP! LOL
>In a world where 1/3 of all benders could throw water at you

What was the fucking point of this? Is it really so hard to give him a simple backstory? I mean keep the blood bending to be lazy but give him a legitimate reason for hating bending.

Zaheer was a much better villain

Hello, reddit. Here's a better analogy.
Imagine a world where around a quarter of the people are born with guns in a world that otherwise doesn't have guns at all. Gunners always have guns with them, they are able to kill or cripple virtually anyone else with a few simple movements, they hold all the positions the goverment, the only sport is about them shooting each other, there's a gunner police force, a gunner mafia that's extorting defenseless people, and you, a person without guns at all, are utterly at their mercy at every point of your life. If any gunner at all suddenly got the idea to kill you, he would be able to do it in a second, and there's absolutely nothing you could do about it.
Now, if everyone was born with a gun, it wouldn't much of a problem, but it just doesn't happen. But imagine a guy appears and says - hey, this way of living is wrong. How about we take away their guns?
Even if you didn't agree with him, wouldn't you at least consider the idea?

Motivation : endless angst

Endgame : going full CRAWWWWWLING IN MY SKIIIN all day long

Get that gun control shit back to Tumblr

He was the solution.

He should've remained unexplained badass normal. Instead of being revealed as bloodbender he should've just disappeared when equalization movement failed.

Why the fanboys have such a hard time to admit Korra was a trainwreck?

Holy fuck, the Amon reveal along with his plans were REALLY lame

Add up pointless sport scenes, shipping pandering and obvious villains and you have a shitty series

But that's a little anticlimactic.

Why did the equalist movement disappear after Aman was revealed as a fraud?
Was the issue ever resolved?

>If any gunner at all suddenly got the idea to kill you, he would be able to do it in a second, and there's absolutely nothing you could do about it.
you mean just like any other person? You don't need guns/bending to kill someone. The reason why not every second person is going around killing people is because either they have morals or because they are afraid of the law, which exist even in the Avatar universe.

Not only that, your analogy doesn't quite fit because guns are just used to kill things(the only way that is okay is for sports or for hunting) but bending can be used for a lot of things besides killing.

Though i do agree a LOT on the "Bending is part of some people's identities" thing the previous user mentioned, that is just bullshit. The writers tried to play it with that angle, but it just doesn't work because that was never a thing in avatar.

Nah, that was Kuvira.

*disagree

What bothered me most about the entire conflict was that we are never shown any examples of injustice or inequality that the non-benders supposedly experience.

Seriously, what is it exactly they are fighting against? Why do we never see how oppressed are they? What do they actually want except for removing peoples bending like a bunch of dicks.

In fact we bizzarely see the opposite. Mako and Bolin are extremely talented benders, yet they grew up on the street, had to resort to crime to survive and don't have any money even when they are doing pro-bending.
On the other hand, Hiroshi Sato - a non-bender- is literally the wealthiest man in the city.

Just always found it weird how poorly is the conflict set up.

why are there so many LoK threads on Sup Forums but so few AtLA threads?

>So... what was his endgame? And his actual motivations?
Destroy all bending so people would live in equality.
His motivation was basically, bending ruined his life, and seemingly turned his father into a monster.

Equalists were fucking retarded
>waah the council is all benders this time
>the council of people democratically chosen by the fucking people, of which non-benders make up a damn high majority

Circlejerks

Because AtLA is generally agreed to be pretty good. Nobody feels the need to gush about how good it is.
LoK on the other hand is generally agreed to be pretty bad, and everybody feels the need to vent about how bad it is.

spot-on

They weren't elected as far as i know, they were appointed by their original nations, so firenation, nothern and southern watertribes, the earth kingdom and the air nomads. Even the idea that Tenzin should be a council member because he is an airbender is a bit weird considering how few people he really represent.

People only make AtLA threads to complain about the ending. They find a lot more to complain about in LoK

>LoK on the other hand is generally agreed to be pretty bad

Only on Sup Forums.

Their leader was a massive fraud and their issues largely scapegoating.

>that autist again

Bending isn't the same thing as guns, people have been living with bending for centuries and it helps and shaped their culture - its thanks to bending that they have that level of development.

So its more like "imagine if people were able to produce free energy, but one of its uses would be to defense/attack others". Amon solution is to remove all the potential of people and a Society that lived with it without major issues.

Hell, RC having only benders in charge was coincidence, considering that on the flashback at least half of them were non benders and Sokka was in charge.

Also, it is show that non benders can hold themselves against benders.

The big corporations and half of the world nations are also comanded by non benders.

Hes a psychopath its is typical for psychos to rationalize their destructive tendencies.

Bending is very useful for humans in non military ways.

>Why do we never see how oppressed are they?
We do, but only after the equalist movement already existed. They managed to meme oppression into existing where it didn't before with the non-bender curfew. I can't tell if that's slightly clever writing or a by-product of really fucking bad writing.

what was his endgame except muh chaos

This

this.

The series was acclaimed and most would agree that while not as spot on as ATLA it was miles ahead of most western animation.

Zaheer was the best villain in the series, TLA and Korra

the destruction of all governments so that a new era of worldwide peaceful anarchism would begin

That's the second time I've been called reddit in, I dunno, a few weeks. I don't have, nor have I ever had an account on reddit. I don't even lurk on reddit. I don't know the typical mannerisms of people on reddit users. Hell, I was barely sure the URL for reddit ended in .com

I wouldn't expect you to know all that, but why do people call me "reddit"? What am I doing that fits people's image of "Someone who goes on reddit and then brings reddit's mannerisms here"?

>I'm not reddit, guys!

That's reddit talk, buddy.

Anything else? Because I didn't declare "I'm not reddit, guys!" in

Remove Benders

Equalists Strong

If anything, he'd be closer to a Bernie Sanders with balls. The communist imagery is pretty apparent.

Did you not see the bending gangsters extorting the business owner?

Things Sup Forums thinks

Its just an autist.

Its just crime, its not like we never saw non benders stealing shit and extorting before.

Police just need to be more eficient.

Amon could never have succeeded.

1. With birthrates alone it would be impossible for him to personally rid the world of bending.

2. Bending is passed down genetically. Him chi blocking people wouldn't prevent their kids from being benders.

It was a real estate scam.
He wanted to empty out Republic City, bulldoze it and build low income housing there.

Amon had his entire plane squad destroyed by one enemy agent.

Once the other nations started paying atention, he would be fucking destroyed.

His best hope would be to become a martyr figure whose example would incite conflict between benders and non benders across the ages.

I don't like making him be Unalaq's puppet, but making him genuine and having some spirit shit going on would have been much better and been a good lead in to the spirit heavy 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Amon's motive SHOULD have been to succeed where his father failed - conquer Republic City's criminal underworld by eliminating the competition's elemental powers under the guise of an aggressive social movement. Then take out the legal/government systems which took down Dad in the first place. Thus proving him to be superior over the past generation.

Meanwhile, Tarrlok is ALSO trying to prove himself the better one by following a path of seeming moral righteousness. Aggressively attempting to curb criminal activity and taking supremely control of the law and government to ensure men like his father never succeed.

It's so simple. But that's not what we got...

>so that a new era of worldwide peaceful anarchism would begin
but how? how is it that step one leads to step two?

But you can buy a gun and become a gunner too and protect the helpless people.

he wanted a world were a sassy black woman could passionately tongue kiss a wealthy jewish woman without Sup Forums flipping their shit
well Sup Forums did he win?
does youtube.com/watch?v=agusDATduWQ have no effect on you?
or are you A BIGOT!?

Real world anarchists were idiots who thought like that, on the begining of last century every world leader basically had an attempt at his life by an anarchist. It is a horrible idea, but acurate.

Is that you Empty? Please make more vids.

Are you losing the debate? Shout "Reddit" and you silence the opposition. Which ends the argument, allowing you to claim victory!

Really it's the basis of Sup Forums arguing, though as of late shouting tumblr or SJW has started to take the place of reddit

>sassy black woman

Aren't Inuits more closely related to Asians?

accurate, but still completely stupid.

them and Native Americans are descended from Asians yes

it's kind of weird when you think about it that people will tolerate less stupidity in fiction than occurred commonly in real life

Its because people often make the mistake of assuming that most people will behave rationally and reasonably most of the time. Not true of course. History shows that people will often find ways to justify doing very stupid and reckless things.

A real life Inuit woman.

Behaving like some humans do is one thing; If that will make a good story is another.

exactly, history doesn't make sense, sometimes things just happen for no real reason, a good story has to follow logically, have a clear chain of cause and effect

Very few things happen for no reason. Sometimes things will happen for stupid reasons, but there is usually A reason.

>there is usually A reason.
true but a lot of the time those reasons are:
>and then he died in an accident
>someone who shouldn't have been in any position of power was calling the shots
>something got lost in translation
>a crazy guy managed to convince a bunch of sane people that his insanity was genius

How is Asami jewish?
(excluding the wealth)

>a crazy guy managed to convince a bunch of sane people that his insanity was genius

you forgot
>someone fell ill at an inopportune time
historically that's a big one

and in sales and reviews
Hell they offered the complet LoK collection on Bluray at Amazon and it made TLAB collection sales rise to the top 10 while the LoK collection wasn't anywhere close.

I guess its sort of like comparing Star Trek The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine.

The former is more popular and well known. The latter is more divisive and has more of a cultish following.

Kuvira did nothing wrong

>is more divisive
far from it
TLAB had a white(maybe Asian) kid, two dark skins, a blind girl and a Asian
Korra was one dark skin and 3 white kids.

I'm going to make a vague guess and say because LoK is more popular than Atla

she did plenty wrong, you were just distracted by your lewd thoughts

it's just a meme autist

Not sure if you're being serious, but; "Divisive:causing a lot of disagreement between people and causing them to separate into different groups. creating disunity or dissension ". - copied pasted from dictionary

In other words Korra has more split opinions about its quality.

Well yeah that goes without saying. I was just pointing out even if he somehow could take over the world he would still fail.

I love how almost every single theory about Amon that a bunch of fans came up with was better than the shit Bryke did.

>Koh theory forever

Maybe debending all benders was just phase one of his plan. Maybe he was going to put every ex bender in concentration camps afterwards and kill them all to make sure their DNA wasn´t passed by. From then on every time someone was caught bending they´d get kidnapped by the military police and executed. It is feasible, to be honest. Benders really suck at fighting (for the most part) without their bending, and even if they don´t, they're usually too mentally broken to even try.

Maybe there should be a villain who is the opposite. One who makes everyne benders. If everyone is special then no one is special. Not being serious

I was expecting Amon to be Momo. Also not being serious

>Maybe there should be a villain who is the opposite. One who makes everyne benders. If everyone is special then no one is special. Not being serious

I know you're not being serious, but that would have been kind of a cool concept to explore. I mean, there'd definitely be people who wouldn´t want to be benders for whatever reason; Korra would need to protect them. Still, it´d be really hard to make it right.

There are plenty of things to complain about in ATLA. People just don't autistically nitpick it as much as LoK.

Why wouldn't he just kill them then? Why bother with the first part.

Also no one in the Korra universe knew about genetics yet.

That's because LoK failed on almost every narrative level, where AtLA was actually good.

>Also no one in the Korra universe knew about genetics yet.
no but surely they'd have noticed that mostly benders had bender children

My morality says no.
But my dick says yes.

>Why wouldn't he just kill them then? Why bother with the first part.

Because if he started off by saying "I´m going to kill off all benders" his movement wouldn´t have gotten anywhere.
When Hitler got to power people were pissed at Jews, but not to a murderous degree. At first Hitler was only marginalizing them and trying to get them kicked out. The concentration camps came in later; genocide was a latter occurrence. If this is what Hitler had planned from the beginning or if he came up with it when he thought he could get away with it I don´t know, but the point is you can´t start a political movement and expect it to become actually powerful under the objective of genocide; that's for later.

Yeah, one jewish princess is enough.
Asami is azn as fuck.

the makeup was only ever just a backup plan for if his badass mask fell off.

To destroy Republic City and destroy the Avatar.

It is all about the abuse he took from his father at the north pole. Which his father visited on him and his brother for what the Republic City government and Avatar Aang did to him.

You can't claim Benders cause all problems while being a Bender yourself and using Bending to reach your goals. He should have been more flexible with his Bending policy. The point should have been to share power with normals.

>Endgame
Get rid of bending and, being the only bender left, become supreme leader
>Motivations
"Muh abusive asshole dad"

Fuck, I've never seen a villain go from GOAT to shit in such a short timespan.

She didn't get naked at any point.

>for what the Republic City government and Avatar Aang did to him.
They made him be a psychic moonless bloodbender and put him in charge of a criminal organization?

His endgame was MY WAR

Legend of Korra 2 by platinum WHEN