Get tricked into watching DS9 because TNG was alright

>get tricked into watching DS9 because TNG was alright
Nigga what the fuck am I watching? This acting is atrocious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0FM6Xfs2ZoY
youtube.com/watch?v=rVHR0UPHERQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>admitting you have bad taste

Well nobody's perfect, I'll try not to judge

>falling for the DS9 is good meme
I'm so sorry user

Well it was just the first episode.

There are a couple of gay dudes and trannies here who love DS9, but that's it

The first few seasons are shit. Its good when he shaves his head and grows a goatee and when Kira gets hot

The acting isn't bad he's just fucking insane. Sisko's brand of crazy will grow on you.

He's not insane, the story and concept of DS9 is just awful. Also, you're racist.

Brooks is a different type of crazy than Sisko, somehow. He manages to be a literal insane person playing a different kind of insane person accurately. It's really quite a spectacle and eventually fits the tone of the show dead on.

This.

Oh hey, another thread where a group of racist white males demean the only PoC Trek show anchor and call him insane as a slur.

Philip from Survivor was right.

The best part of that ep, besides pic-related breakdown, is all the other characters out of their normal makeup. Human Garak is even sexier than Cardie Garak.

It's the best Trek series with the worst pilot epidode, keep going user.

Brooks is just fun crazy. He smokes pure cannabanoids, loves music, and is passionate on a number of topics. I'd love to get involved in a conversation with him because I'd have literally no idea where it would end up.

Sisko starts off fairly sane but by the time the war really kicks off you can kinda tell he's barely keeping it together.

He's the exact opposite of down-to-earth and scares the shit out of me.

Would not want to be alone in the same room.

Avery Brooks uses drugs?

>This acting is atrocious.
How dare he shit on the legacy of such thespians like shatner.

>bashirfag

He's super intense, yeah. I mean maybe he'd stab you but maybe it would be awesome and you'd learn life lessons instead.
Maybe, probably. He's definitely hopped up on the jazz music.

Professor Brooks might stab someone? He probably uses drugs?

Yeah, basically.

Hi, I'm Avery Brooks. You probably saw me in the documentary "The Captains" and have based your entire theory about who I am and what my life is like on my minor role in this film. Also, your super racism has probably fueled a tendency to exaggerate certain aspects of my life. But really, I'm just a normal person. I'm an accomplished actor, a learned man, and a scholar! Please don't call me names! I've worked hard. Please!

I read this in your voice, so OK.

It gets better, season 1 is a little rough

youtube.com/watch?v=0FM6Xfs2ZoY

He's an odd actor, that's for sure. He has a presence, when he chooses to have one, but other times I just don't know what he's aiming at.

Avery Brooks started as a stage actor. If you take that into account, his exaggerated delivery and actions make more sense.

So did a lot of Trek actors, including Stewart

Yes, good point. Maybe there was less time between stage/screen for him? Maybe he never learned how to turn off the stage acting? Either way, I kind of love his over the top delivery and gestures.

It gets better. Season 3 and onward.

You really need to stop.

Go watch William Shatner interview him in "The Captains." Brooks acts extremely strange. I'm not sure if Avery was fucking with Bill because he was annoyed or if he's just high off his ass.

faggotry

Wait a couple of seasons. The first two are very hit and miss.

I knew what it was before I clicked it.

Still, season one had some good episodes. "Duet" and "In the Hands of the Prophets" come to mind.

I originally forced myself to watch TOS/TNG in preparation for watching DS9, I ended up really enjoying TNG and now that I've gotten to episode 3 of DS9 s2 I'd do anything to watch another episode of TNG for the first time (not the montage episode though), is there something wrong with me or does DS9 start to pick up after season 1?

Also Ensign Ro > Kira

Why does Sisko sound like he's trying NOT to sing every line he has?

sisko has the presence of a brown brick

The real trouble with him is that his acting doesn't fit the character until he takes command of the defiant and becomes a more military-oriented captain.

Before then it's like, "dude you're the manager of a space mall, why are you yelling?" I don't really like watching any of the episodes until the defiant gets introduced because it's pretty jarring.

Can we be brutally honest about Sisko?

Yeah definitely, Duet is my favourite episode

youtube.com/watch?v=rVHR0UPHERQ

He's a stage actor, like everyone else on Trek. No one in TNG or DS9 talks like a normal person but Sisko is the one that stands out.

I mostly agree with you except S1 and S2 have some really good episodes sprinkled about. Most of its crap, but not all of it, and really thats a problem with every Trek series, the first couple seasons suck.

He's my favorite captain because he makes mistakes and isn't always correct. I think people rightfully give him shit for taking on the role of javert, intentionally or not, but that's what makes him interesting. Unlike Picard who uses diplomacy as some kind of all purpose magical tool, Sisko has to deal with real shit with real consequences.

As a side note, Avery is most definitely not mentally insane. He's just coked up in every interview. Its obvious by his mannerisms that he's on crack during The Captains.

>Great job, Avery. For this shot I want you to act as if you're a homocidal axe maniac on the brink of suppressing your urge to kill.

>what do you mean "act"?

Haha, I never equated Sisko with Javert. That almost makes me want to do a rewatch.