The Idle Army: America’s Unworking Men

>Millions of young males have left the workforce and civic life. Full employment? The U.S. isn’t even close.

>During the past half-century, work rates for U.S. males spiraled relentlessly downward. America is now home to a vast army of jobless men who are no longer even looking for work—roughly seven million of them age 25 to 54, the traditional prime of working life.

>Not even in dysfunctional Greece or “lost generation” Japan has the male flight from work proceeded with such alacrity.

>What do unworking men do with their free time? Sadly, not much that’s constructive. About a tenth are students trying to improve their circumstances. But the overwhelming majority are what the British call NEET: “neither employed nor in education or training.” Time-use surveys suggest they are almost entirely idle—helping out around the house less than unemployed men; caring for others less than employed women; volunteering and engaging in religious activities less than working men and women or unemployed men. For the NEETs, “socializing, relaxing and leisure” is a full-time occupation, accounting for 3,000 hours a year, much of this time in front of television or computer screens.

>The male retreat from the labor force has exacerbated family breakdown, promoted welfare dependence and recast “disability” into a viable alternative lifestyle. Among these men the death of work seems to mean also the death of civic engagement, community participation and voluntary association.

>Imagine how different America would be today if another roughly 10 million men held paying jobs. It is imperative for the future health of the country to make a determined and sustained effort to bring these detached men back—into the workplace, into their families, into civil society.

archive.is/VHKyx

Explain yourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where do they live doing nothing?

Mummys

Why's that fag wearing a diaper?

Is that normal for Americans?

Is this why they shart in mart?

I left "workforce" after being in the rat race for 6 years. I have enough savings to go total NEET for the next 5 years If I want to, it is very degrading to go through unemployment agency shit, just hanging around.

Thats a thing called boxers. Its cause he has a big dick. Not something britcucks would understand.

So I had my first full therapy session today. The woman asked me about my internet habits and I told her about Sup Forums, infowars and breitbart. She then asked me why I'm so aggresive on my political views, so I redpilled her on JIDF and SJWs. I then told her about the left-wing communist agenda and also about the globalist kikes who want to destroy all national identities and the interracial-cuckold shills on the internet.
She seems to think I have a paranoia disorder. She asked me if I could go a day without going on Sup Forums. I told her no because someone need to fight those shills. Wat do? Can I manage to redpill her? She's perscribed some jew pills to me and I'm afraid that I'll go full blue-pilled liberal cuckold once I take then.

Forgot to mention- I'm not a degenerate, I despise casual sex, abortion and non-virgin women and I only browse trully right-wing boards such as Sup Forums, /k/ and Sup Forums.

Whoops looks like I'm not a wageslave oh well I guess I will have to struggle hard reading books and doing what I want all day gee I sure am missing out.

"Women make less than men, we demand equality!"

"Men have stopped working, what losers, we NEED them to get back to work!"

??????????????????????

Hurr hurr. We have boxers as well. We just don't have the kind that look like diapers...

Society is obsessed with work, you fail if you are not 'working' 8 hours+ every day.
Its fucking shit to lose the best part of your life to some pointless job.

Why am I going to pay taxes to a society that is insistent on demonizing and denigrating me at every turn?

>>The male retreat from the labor force has exacerbated family breakdown, promoted welfare dependence and recast “disability” into a viable alternative lifestyle

No, it was feminism and welfare culture that created those problems. Men refusing to participate in a system rigged against them is just another symptom.

Did the article happen to mention that the entire statistic is made up of drug dealing niggers?

Reminder that all these news articles are being pushed by feminist agenda bs.

Females are just as unlikely to hold jobs as males.

The media is building a narrative around you. Foreign influences are trying to cuck native populaces through their media connections.

Stay aware.

These posts sum it up quite nicely. Men are naturally programmed to sacrifice themselves for the greater good, but not when they are made to constantly feel like scum - a gender that is only merely tolerated by an increasingly female/trans dominated society.

>Imagine how different America would be today if another roughly 10 million men held paying jobs.
>implying there are 10 million open positions available for those men right now
>implying all of those 10 million men would even be capable of taking those jobs if they could, would employers seriously want to hire people like this?

That bit is so stupid.

Also happening here in Australia.
Failing in school is the start of it. There is no real pressure to succeed for boys. The good students and the bad students mingle freely, social status is more important than your school grades.
After school they drop in and out of community universities or trades, part time jobs at the grocery store etc.
These years are spent clubbing, doing drugs, playing video games, blowing centrelink (welfare) money on stuff they cant afford like holidays, cars etc all while living off their parents or in a house with 6 other people splitting the bills.
Once the party is over and people begin to move on with their lives - getting full time jobs, not drinking every weekend etc. These guys are left behind.

I know many that simply play WoW all day, smoke bongs and just waste the years away.

It is a symptom of the modern West. There is nothing for these men to hope for.

Doesn't explain where you live.

Incredible.
54 year olds living at their parents...

I have a big dick and balls and I hate boxers.
I wear boxer briefs specifically to control my shit.

Tfw sjws and alt right are just fedoralord neckbeards trying to blame society for their shitlordedness

>women get pregnant and demand child support and live off of government aid
>men still get blamed for destroying the family dynamic and abusing welfare

I can't take it, boys

>thinking you could redpill a shrink, the most kiked out profession in the world

>Oh, user, you're worried about the death of Western Civilization?
>You're just paranoid! Take these zombie drugs.

She gave you a handful of blue pills, take them at your own risk.

>Doesn't explain where you live.

At my friend's house. I pay him like 100€ rent for electricity + water and leech food at my sister and parents. I probably spend less than 1€ per day

who the fuck cares, we are in the middle of WW3 conflict and you people care about this meaningless shit. pathetic

Nice image to go with that "tfw," you absolute faggot. Just because it's a Sunday doesn't mean you get to slack on your shilling. We demand your best!

>work
>pay taxes
>taxes used to feed lazy fugees
>rather have my taxes pay for schools or helping young people getting a better education
>get called nazi

yeah...im german and even i dont want to work anymore

Yeah, see

Kind of.

>Who are America’s new cadre of prime-age male unworkers? They tend to be: 1) less educated; 2) never married; 3) native born; and 4) African-American. But those categories intersect in interesting ways. Black married men are more likely to be in the workforce than unmarried whites. Immigrants are more likely to be working or job-hunting than native-born Americans, regardless of ethnicity. High-school dropouts from abroad are as likely to be working or looking for work as native-born college grads.

>outsource all the goy jobs you can so the top executive boss-men and shareholders can rake in more shekels for themselves
>introduce Human Resources, aka a jewish ploy to put Hiring in the hands of a mobster gang of bitter, angry, bitchy, stupid cunts who shred resumes sent any resume that was sent by a FUCKING WHITE MALE? IT'S CURRENT YEAR WE NEED DIVERSITY YOU SHITLORD BIGOT!!!
>institute welfare state where you're actually financially penalized for working--you work 7 hours a week part-time? oi vey you make too much for ObamaCares TIME TO PAY UP FOR AN UTTERLY GARBAGE INSURANCE POLICY, GOY
>act surprised that men recognize society is very, very sick and are exiting it en masse

Jesus.
You got broads and shit?

The only reason to work as a man is to attract a mate. Men do not care about materialistic things as much as women. Women have entered the workforce and can afford their own stuff. Thus, being a working man doesn't attract a mate as much as it did.

As a full-time employee that makes good money, own car, have a house. I was sold a false bill of goods by society, the game changed. Everyday I daydream of just saying fuck it and selling the house and sports car to just live in a van and travel + enjoy life.

Technically I don't "do nothing." I travel around hitch hiking. Occasionally I can find odd jobs through talking to folks or looking online. Always tax free. I keep a guitar with me and busk for cash when I'm in larger cities. Technically, yeah, I'm societal dropout garbage, I guess, but I refuse to beg, and I refuse to make a fucking Semite wealthy off my labor, and I refuse to pay the people who would demonize the entirety of my nation and culture. I may never own anything of real value, I may never ascend out of this rut, but my conscience is clean.

look you do need a job, no matter what ideology. being productive learning things is the sign of great man. you work change jobs learn work eventually doing nothing will bother no one as you pay for yourself and are your own problem.

>Explain yourselves.
Yeah, why not get taxed to death to fund single mothers and jamal, then get married and lose everything to the jew lawyer and your bitch ex wife?

There is literally nothing in it for at least 1/5 of all males. They will never get much attention from women and when they do they will most likely be jewed by the divorce lawyer.

go on unemployment to receive free money and then just start looking for some parttime work casually.
free money is free money right? working 1-2 days a week is still nice

The game is rigged. Can you blame them for refusing to play?

>black male unemployment over 40%
>black males the cause of most of americas problems

Huurrrrrr, those lazy americans. We finns are going to show them how its done after we import 1 million mohammeds from the middle east, utopia is so easy!

This.

White men are the ones expected to foot the bill for the rest of society. It is only natural for them to become disillusioned and disconnected with the system that degrades and exploits them only to feed all the leeches in the world, starting from immigrants up to state funded liberal arts programs for people who consider themselves "progressives" and "intellectuals" yet who couldn't get employed if their life depended on it. So they keep riding the white man. But every source of free shit eventually dries up...

This is it.

Why bother?
What does work get you, that you couldn't get otherwise, or make do without?

>The male retreat from the labor force
It's a 'retreat' in the same way being locked in a padded room is a 'retreat' from the wilderness

>broken home
>raised by broken father
>failed throughout highschool
>no support
>no aspirations
>met girl
>stuck with girl
>married girl
>she works hard
>I sit at home and post on Sup Forums and call it fatherhood

Maybe if I could afford somewhere to live. Otherwise, it's just a lifetime of giving a large portion of your earnings to some greedy pig landlord, while all the cheaper social housing goes to foreigners and criminal types. Fucking Normies and their hard work cult. Totally unnatural.

>lose the best part of your life to some pointless job

Doing what otherwise?

Just increases my 22 yo selfs stock even more feelsgoodman

>Imagine how different America would be today if another roughly 10 million men held paying jobs.
>Imagine how different America would be today if another roughly 10 million men held paying TAXES
>Nicholas (((Eberstadt)))

And your parents are loaded, right?

These guys have nothing invested in society, so why would they work?

No, not really. Haven't talked to mom in years, dad is on the verge of homelessness himself.

For the bottom 1/5 of men they're actually making the best of a bad situation. Less betas means less train wreck families means less suffering for children and ultimately a better outcome for society.

Wife got cancer and we had to move for treatment so i left my job. Now that it's basically over I'm studying for the mcat.

15th prestige on call of dooty.

noob slayer on halo

elite master on rainbow six.

>But every source of free shit eventually dries up...
Especially if the ''progressive'' and ''intellectuals'' spend their gibs on shitting all over straight white men. And working as hard as they can to shit up his neighborhood by importing third world people.

I have absolutely no will at all to work and pay taxes. I still want to do things, i just don't want to pay taxes to fund this and seeing as i HAVE to pay taxes if i get a work (on paper) then i simply choose not to work.

Want people like me back in the work force? Then stop giving money to middle eastern men and worthless ''cultural'' workers.

Dude looks comfy as fuck.

t. Henry David Thoreau

do it. Fuck the system.

It wants to enslave you and make sure you are a good boy.

Good.

Why not /fit/?

If you could have the chance to get good at something IRL, what would it be?

I don´t know about other countries but if you see what is happening and care about how the tax moneys are used you would question the meaning of working for this.

final stages of the mouse utopia experiment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

>The conclusions drawn from this experiment were that when all available space is taken and all social roles filled, competition and the stresses experienced by the individuals will result in a total breakdown in complex social behaviors, ultimately resulting in the demise of the population.

The people you call NEET were the beautiful ones in the experiment

total societal collapse soon

>I keep a guitar with me and busk for cash
>but I refuse to beg

Just to CTR don't forget that women are NEET as well but it's not as socially corrosive for them, people still unconsciously see them as "ladies in waiting". In addition Sup Forums is also one of the most powerfully influential boards on the internet - many here may have unhappy lives but they are not wasted, it's one thing to give up on the system it's another thing to give up on life itself.

That's what happens when you have no reason to give a shit about what happens to the world. Not only does the world not want you, but all throughout the media it hammers in the fact that it outright hates you.

So fuck it. Stay home, shitpost, die. Who cares?

Can't tell if that's condescending or a compliment...

What the fuck else am I supposed to do man? Willingly support those who would see me and my ilk destroyed? All I ever wanted was a good life, but it seems like that was robbed from me before I ever even set out in this world. I've chosen the only path that makes sense to me anymore.

Street artist are not beggars, they offer entertainment that you can pay for if you want to.

Sounds like these guys have it all sussed out

sitting on a beach watching the tide go in and come out again.
IDK? whatever turns you on.?

>That picture
See the guy in the window sticking up two fingers?
Yeah, that doesn't mean "peace". Certainly not with that side of his hand turned towards the rapefugees-welcome crowd. And even with the 'right' side of the hand turned, it means 'victory', not 'peace'. It means 'we win, Allah gave us this land'.

Remember, the average salaryman works more than a peasant in the middle ages.

Nice pasta

>Be me
>Get first job shortly after finding out College is a scam.
>Have the boomer mentality that if I work hard, I can climb and I'll be respected.
>Go through the rat race, begin to climb.
>Get shit on daily, treated like the moment I fuck up someone else will take my place, and psychologically abused.
>The whole time having a wife who doesn't respect me for being the bread winner and thinks her being a cashier and deli clerk at a small farmers market is the same level of difficulty. She bitches daily about her job. Get treated like I have no value whatsoever.
>Say fuck that shit, go back to school to try and be an entrepreneur by getting Business with Marketing and Management degree.
>Get fucked over by the system while pulling a 3.97 GPA my semester back.
>Have full blown midlife crisis at 25 and attempt suicide.
>Fuck that up. Now thanks to America's retarded health care I'm in more debt and without a job.
>Therapists just tell you that you can't change things and shove pills down your throat.
>Say fuck that.
>Find Sup Forums during this time.
>Have had 3 jobs since, all have been garbage where you're treated without a single ounce of respect and value.
>Just kind of sit here, NEET again, knowing that the only jobs that are available are shit and nothing that will be a fulfilling career.
>No family due due to wife and my fertility issues.
>No actual reason to keep pushing on in this shit.

The saddest part is that, a lot of my story I've heard many other people share something similar. Yet they wonder why men are opting out of a system rigged against them.

Nobody needs to do anything. Here's the state of our society:

Globalists have total control and want to destroy everything to remake the world as a single country run by them where the last of our rights and freedoms are stripped away by:
Importing low-IQ violent non-white invaders in every white country
Feminism ruining women
Non-whites rioting and committing crimes and our own governments encouraging them
Corporations screwing over workers in every way possible
Paying taxes so non-whites can breed more criminals
Diversity quotas rewarding less qualified women and minorities
Openly demonizing white males, the creators of society
Insane identity politics dividing us so we can't unite against the elites
Banksters getting rich off our our blood, sweat, and tears

The only way we can fight back against the globalists is to refuse to play their game

meanwhile in Finland, there's this shit called ''työharjoittelu'' which almost all unemployed finns youngesters do, which is literally slavery. And the govt is not willing to change the policy becuase a) they are taking a shitload of taxes from the companies while offering basically free labours aka slaves B) That would help the govt's status of employments so the the unemployment rate won't rise. Its a win win situation for the govt and the companies, but sucks for the people.

>She asked me if I could go a day without going on Sup Forums. I told her no because someone need to fight those shills.

Stanislaw... take a break. Its OK bro, we'll be here when you get back.

Would you prefer I just outright asked you? I guarantee you'd have even more hostility for me.

At least I try to offer something for my right to live when I'm hard up.

Thanks Sweden. Least you get it.

>Why, what should I do with myself if I have no direction from Master?

This is you.

Things you could do:

hike
read
build robots
travel
learn a language
go to a meditation temple
write
program
work out
make sauerkraut, beer, pickles
cook
go to school
write an album

and thousands more!

Meanwhile there are nearly a billion people in Africa not working and everyone freaks out about the few million American men that don't have jobs

Why aren't they playing at clubs and bars if they're not beggars? That's what professionals do.

It's a pasta

>Implying neets do any of that

I see a lot of complaints, but I don't see a lot of solutions. You all say "why even try? Some bad things could potentially happen to me that have happened to people that have actually tried!"

How many of you made six figures, got married and then had your wife take half? How many of you had it happen to your parents? None of you? Sounds to me like you're just making up excuses to be lazy. Don't play the game if you don't want to get played, work around it. This isn't rolling over and giving up, relying on mom to pay for your life, it's starting your own business, getting into politics, getting a job and working your way up to the top with hard work.

Stop fucking making excuses. Jesus, where is the fight in you guys? Women are rolling us over because you fucking let them, you let them bully you and when things get a little bit tough in the work place, you pout and give up, saying it's unwinnable. Of course they're winning, you're all low T cucks. Fucking FIGHT.BACK.

>WSJ

>imagine how many more tax dollars we could send to Israel in aid if 10 million more men held full employment

>using your hard earned money to sit around doing nothing for a few years
>not investing in some kind of business

Nigger what are you doing

I know, especially AMK and its mandatory and free internship ruined the job market for everyone, including university students. Companies don´t want to pay anything for "trainees" so I was many summers stuck in manufacturing jobs.

Incredible.

I feel like a new one of these articles is written every day and every one of them misses the point.
That tells me they don't do the minimum amount of journalism or research required or even interview a single person to get their perspective, they glance over the stats and then rationalize that men are voluntarily dropping out of society so they can "play rootin tootin point and shootin games" and "score all of the hot babes without having to marry them thus leaving the poor women childless and unmarried by age 30".
Interviewing a single NEET over email which would take all of 20 minutes would completely dispel that idea, so would doing basically any research into the associated subcultures like MGTOW.

So these people aren't journalists because they aren't doing the work of a journalist, or they would know that NEETs are miserable, lonely and directionless, and people who drop out of society do so out of fear and despair, not as a calculated choice to get a better k/d.

What would any of you NEETs actually like to do as a job?

I hate not working to be honest, but I am a stay at home Dad, and I have no education to make more than my wife makes, so can't switch roles.

My best friend and I are planning to start a landscaping business a little later in life. I don't really know what I'd love to do but I've always been happy working on my Dad's property. Takes 4 hours just to mow, then machete the overgrowth, and chainsaw the overgrowth. Good fun, hard, get to cook in the sun. I'm not happy doing service jobs, or desk jobs, it's gotta be real labor. I used to mow lawns when I was a kid for cash. Would just walk up to people's houses and offer to mow for 10$ or something around there.

I watch all the craftsman videos on youtube where they do woodworking and metalworking, blacksmithing and all that jazz, looks cool as fuck and I've done some of it myself but I don't think I'd want it as a career. I've always been good at things, but never great. Even at my most passionate subjects, I never can seem to break that barrier and be awesome at something.

Most venues won't pay you if you're not a big name act. I know a slew of people who play on the streets, because, believe it or not, its more profitable than picking up gigs for a few drink tickets.

this is Sup Forums not Sup Forums or one of those anime pedo boards
we all have full time jobs or are studying and want to reduce income tax and reduce welfare

Then be a big name act, you lazy fuck. It's called hard work, but I guess you wouldn't know that by strumming chords on a sidewalk all day. If you have 1k likes on facebook you'll book gigs and get paid.

because people have no motivation to work. the incentive isn't there. And even if it kind of is, it's still absurd to most people. most of thsoe 11 mil want to kill themselves an watch the world burn and I can't blame them. the world fucking sucks

It's a bit mocking because your original post had an aura of pretentiousness behind it, like you're the first one to have devised an Epicurian lifestyle with your clean conscience

Look I say you only have one life and you'll be here probably another 60+ years. Assuming you don't have a child that depends on you "walking the earth like Kane from Kung-Fu" is totally appropriate. Whatever makes you happy.

I would say you don't sound happy from your post begrudging the "semites" and I would say in response that you have more economic freedom than the vast majority of your ancestors assuming you didn't come from royalty. Sure we do get fucked, whether it's from a corrupt government or scummy banks but that's no excuse to avoid the quest for prosperity if that's indeed the life you wish you had.

Me I'm a bartender at a divebar and I take my tips and paycheck off serving tweakers and drunks. I'm not trying to be an entrepreneur or attempting to be rich because that's a lot of fucking risk and hard work. I'm taking it easy for now because I don't want a high stress life yet. My best friend is making three times my earnings but he risks an early grave because his line of work leads to heart attacks.

Do what you dream to do, no matter how hard it seems. Just make sure you don't feel you wasted your life when you reach the endpoint.

I was unemployed 4 years ago, in that time I brewed wine, taught myself to read music.etc.

the lazy sod who sits on the sofa playing video games is little more than a state fed and created stereotype.

> americans

Are you really that deluded about the true state of the world? Do you actually think Governments in Africa have any notion of a social security net? How do these billions of non-workers survive you retard? They work day-in-day-out in agricultural and labour roles for a pittance to try and make ends meet for their 12 children if they're lucky.

This isn't journalism. This is propaganda.

Every society when they become wealthy enough also become decadent , lazy and complacent, they start to lose the work ethic that got them there in the first place, either that or its just the racial dilution of a society

playing video games.

Bull fucking shit. Most small venues won't pay you in anything in drink tickets, and some areas (like Long Island) institute a "pay to play" scheme where you lay out the money for tickets and only make it back if you manage to sell them yourself.

Single mothers alone literally use half a trillion dollars in welfare per year