Describe their relationship ... Oh and their personality too

Describe their relationship ... Oh and their personality too

>Relationship

Two individuals who find solace and comfort in each other as friends and will sometimes also have sex

>Ivy
A plant loving scientist who has been hurt in the past by getting close to humans.

>Harley

Wild and Crazy on the outside, sad and lonely on the inside.

I was expecting a shitpost, not an accurate description. Nicely done

with Ivy as the literal embodiment of the fertile earth mother, she is the lipstick lesbian of the pairing. very girly, likes dresses and makeup and well-styled hair. should be drawn as very soft, curvy, feminine.

that would push this version of Harley into the more tomboy presentation. not very girly at all, kinda rough around the edges, crude. should be drawn not as muscular but as more skinny, not very busty or hippy, more of a gymnast physique. this harley would fart while strap-on'ing Ivy, giggle, then slap her ass and keep going.

Bi-sexual horn dogs.

Both like dick and pussy and are almost constantly horny

Bump I have only recently accepted ivy as Harley's true love. Sup Forumsmrades. :_)

fpbp

Lovesick teenager who is desperate to be important/loved, and apathetic woman who hates humanity as a whole

The older see something "different" in the overly happy/crazy girl, and the young one sees the old cranky attitude as something of a parental guide

Both created a weird co-dependent relationship full of high and lows

>All this posts

Good

One correction
>Harley
>wild and crazy on the outside, sad and lonely, but also wild and crazy on the inside

I would say too many people focus on the fact that they have sex and give it more meaning in their relationship then it needs. The real point is that Harley and Ivy are actual friends in a world where legitimate friendship is rare and almost always ends badly.

Nah. Harley greatest fear it's not Joker or anything like that, her greatest fear in ending up alone. That's how most writers have wroten her. The "wild and crazy on the inside" is pure BS

you can have a big fear of being alone while genuinely enjoying being a violent psycho on more than a superficial level

But that's the thing, her being a violent psycho is just a mask for her not to face the hideous thing that she's done. She always justified the thing she's done with her being crazy, ditzy or whatever but that just a mask.

Bad Girl power, Thelma and Louise (which itself is based on Bonnie and Clyde) that evolved in to a romantic relationship.

Ivy: Physically attractive and scientifically brilliant, she hates the male gaze and this turn her to seek emotional comfort from plants rather than people. She takes this obsession to criminal extremes.

Harley: Airhead personality mixed with a cunning mind, plus an emotional soft spot for messed up psychos. She also likes being dominated.

>takes this obsession to criminal extremes

I should point out this sentence could be used to describe most of Batman's Rouges.

>her being a violent psycho is just a mask
no, she genuinely is a violent psycho
she's also alone
both can happen. In fact, quite obviously the former will lead to the latter. Because only violent psychos would hang out with other violent psychos, but even then they wouldn't care about them, most of the times.

Have you even read the pages I've posted?. Those clearly explain Harley's character, she's crazy and a psycho, yes, but she's also afraid really afraid of being alone and all those hijinks that she's does and keep doing it's because she wants to hide that fear. That how Harley should be written, the "crazy and wild on the inside" is nothing short of bad characterisation

Bump

>tfw Harley is "literally you" character
wtf I hate BPD now

Post proof those two ever had sex.

Legit proof.

Toxic

And Batman.

Well there's this from Bombshells, but other than that it hasn't been shown it was just assumed that they fucked since they are pretty close

>girls aren't allowed to be best friends anymore
>they must be lesbian lovers
I don't like this.

>Friends

I see that a lot of people here failed to mention that Harley Quinn doesn't love Poison Ivy, she only uses Ivy so she can have a place to crash and someone to comfort and safeguard her.

Meanwhile Poison Ivy doesn't really love Harley Quinn, she only wants to prove her point in relation to the Joker/Harley Quinn relationship and someone she can control. She's not much better than the Joker when you think about it.

Sometimes lesbian lovers were written as """best friends""" in books where that shit wouldn't fly, though.

I love it.

>She's not much better than the Joker
She's not a man so she's better by default.

The story of Poison Ivy's life. The crying shoulder and rebound chick. Good enough to cure the sadness away, but not much else.

their boobies are touching.............

>she only wants to prove her point in relation to the Joker/Harley Quinn relationship and someone she can control. She's not much better than the Joker when you think about it.

When will this meme end?. It's have been proven time and time again that Ivy cares deeply about Harley, is her cold nature that makes look otherwise

So? It doesn't feel like anything. They might as well be touching elbows.

Nah, there have only been allusions to their relationship, its constantly danced around and stopped just before anything can be legit stated. That said everyone who has ever written the two have stated that they have a sexual relationship.

I get what your saying, though i would say that applies to any good friends not just F/F ones, but Harley and Ivy have always been written as lovers/best friends

This is proof enough.
Thank you so much user.

Now, onto the fapping!

This doesn't stop at girls, remember that week when people were claiming that Captain America and Bucky were gay for each other?

Two selfish

Harley loves Joker but is willing to fuck Ivy because Ivy fulfills her selfish emotional needs. Like many emotionally underdeveloped girls Harley sees lesbian/ bisexual relationships as safe and not really serious.

Ivy wants Harley because Harley is one of the few humans Ivy can actually associate with. Ivy is somebody who likes to nurture and Harley is somebody who she thinks needs her and she can fix. However, Ivy just wants Harley to treat her like she treats Joker. Harley knows that Ivy needs her, and uses that to manipulate her into making Ivy fulfill her need to be loved (not out of cruelty, just subtly.)

Both girls are emotionally fucked up and their neediness forms a feedback loop that assures neither of them can ever be satisfied.

Harley Quinn used to have more personality, honest. She was a tragic character; a woman with a life ahead of her that became deluded to such an extent, that her life is ultimately a prison, stuck in a world of crime, clowns, and bats.

The idea that she's an independent womn isn't that she just stands up on her own and has GGGGUUUURRRRLLL POOOOWWWERRRR, but that she's a human being with no way out, and that deep down, you KNOW she could be independent, and you KNOW that she can be capable... Yet the pain is so much, she chooses to live in the fantasy, the madness, the nightmare!

I look at the shit I see Harley Quinn in now, and it bears no resemblance to what I think the original is. She was always a sexy character with sex appeal, whereas her character should be done as a nice chocolate cake from the kitchen, she's now just junk food, mass-produced to give to people who think they're getting the original product, when they're actually getting something tasteless, cheap, and dilutes any regard of the originality and form of the main idea and goal.

Poison Ivy, I don't know. She's not really that popular, and most people just think, "oh, she's an evil lesbian plant psycho." And, well, yeah, that's all I can kinda see. I'm sure there's more to her though, like the chemistry she CAN have with Harley....But I don't know her for anything where she sticks out on her own.

I love Rebirth and all, but I think we'll never get the Harley Quinn we were first given back to us.

>no, she genuinely is a violent psycho

That is objectively false, at least for her pre-N52 incarnation. Her entire ongoing is about her desperately trying to hide from the consequences of what she does. Everything bad she does isn't because she takes any pleasure in it- it's because she is terrible at making life choices.

Sorry, didn't mean to tripfag.

Damn.

What if Joker drops dead?. user never thought of that though, if Joker dies Ivy has open field

that was a fun comic
a goldmine of reaction faces too

Your pic though is by Ronnie del Carmen (BTAS/DCAU Storyboard artist and Inside Out director)

>I see that a lot of people here failed to mention that Harley Quinn doesn't love Poison Ivy, she only uses Ivy so she can have a place to crash and someone to comfort and safeguard her.

This isn't really true, but there's truth in it. Harley doesn't love Ivy like she loves Joker. She sees Ivy as a very close friend she can experiment with, but not a true lover. Probably the best comparison would be schoolgirl lesbians.

>Meanwhile Poison Ivy doesn't really love Harley Quinn, she only wants to prove her point in relation to the Joker/Harley Quinn relationship

This isn't true. Ivy wanting to save Harley from Joker is just a smokescreen. Ivy just wants Harley for herself. A good comparison would be a prince saving a princess from a dragon, then locking her up in his tower.

>and someone she can control. She's not much better than the Joker when you think about it.

This, however, is true.

And that's really the conflict of the relationship. Joker is abusive, sure, but Harley knows it, and willingly goes back to it every time. Ivy's treatment of Harley just means Harley doesn't ever have to deal with the repercussions of her relationship with Joker, since she can just go get coddled by Ivy until Joker wants her again. And even though Ivy genuinely cares about Harley (or at least wants her as a lover/pet,) she's not above doing bad things to get her all to herself.

Villain relationships are complicated.

>two selfish women

Fuck, don't know how that happened.

>This isn't true. Ivy wanting to save Harley from Joker is just a smokescreen. Ivy just wants Harley for herself. A good comparison would be a prince saving a princess from a dragon, then locking her up in his tower.

When has that ever being the case?. I'm really curious since I've read everything that there's is with Harley and I haven't had that impression ever, maybe I read something wrong or skipped something

>wroten

Fuck, give a break, I'm a third-worlder that sometimes has problem with English, at least I try to be coherent

give me a break*

I should proofread more often

I love that third panel expression.

bimp

If Ivy kisses Harley, and then Harley kisses you, will you die? What about sex?

Yes and Yes

Harley is stockholm syndrome incarnate turned into memepool

Ivy is jealous of Swamp-Thing. Ivy wants to be Swamp-Thing. Ivy will go unhomo for Swamp-Thing