youtube.com/watch?v=1pcxrdP3ums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ErmZRsCIUsE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I got mediocre fight scenes and muh tranquility
"5/10 stars it was okay"

I fucking do too

Season 1 was such a weird season
>We're only going to have one season to tell our story, so we have to do it right
>Ok, let's spend half of each episode on a love triangle/pro bending and rush the actual plot so that it ends in a tangle of coincidences and lucky chances

Season 2 was shit for a number of reasons but everyone knows that

Season 3 was actually great all the way through.

Season 4 was great until giant inexplicable mecha shows up. Then Season 2 shit again

Season 4 was bad long before the colossus showed up.

People have such wildly differing opinions on Legend of Korra.

Like season 1; I thought it was generally good. The pro bending stuff seemed like an odd detour. Would've been fine for one episode, but multiple episodes seems kind of pointless.

The love triangle I didn't mind because most tv shows have romantic subplots. That's just the way it is, even if it wasn't especially compelling.

Other than that, thought it was good.

I'd be fine with the probending stuff and the love triangle, but the resolution with Amon was so poorly done

I didn't like the reveal of who he was but I can see how that's a subjective thing.
But how Korra "revealed him" was absolutely terrible

>Amon! You're the waterbender Noatuk!
>No, I'm not
>Yes, you are!
>No... Ok, can someone get rid of her?

And then there was how she overcame her limitations and learned to airbend by... doubling down on her limitations.

The last third of the season was just Korra having everything fall into her lap
>Korra tells Amon to reveal himself, and he does
>Korra learns to Airbend by punching really hard
>Korra learns to give everyone's bending back just because

Oh and
>All the nonbenders realize that benders are ok after all and that their nascent revolution just isn't really worth it

I feel like I was the only one who really loved the pro bending stuff and thought it helped develop the world as well as keep the pacing before the season amped up the stakes. If you cut the love triangle and Korra suddenly getting her bending back via Deus Ex Machina season 1 would have been as good as season 3.

>Korra learns to give everyone's bending back just because

To be fair, it seemed like she learned that from Aang. I think it kind of makes sense that if the avatar could take bending then they could also restore it.

>All the nonbenders realize that benders are ok after all and that their nascent revolution just isn't really worth it

Well Amon was deceiving them, so its kind of understandable that his revolution would collapse without him. Besides, Its a kids show, so they needed to wrap things up with a happy ending.

The other stuff you said are fair points.

>season 1 would have been as good as season 3.
Not with Korra pulling that Scooby Doo shit with Amon
She had literally no evidence for it

>Besides, Its a kids show, so they needed to wrap things up with a happy ending.

Eh, the season 3 finale "killed off" like 3 people and had them all miraculously survive. Call it even.

>yfw now nick only make comedy cartoons and only one is good

Why live?

Personally I wouldn't mind a one season series that took place in between the two shows, focusing on Aang and his friends in their twenties.

Although a series after Korra could be good too.

An adaptation of the comics would be nice

>To be fair, it seemed like she learned that from Aang. I think it kind of makes sense that if the avatar could take bending then they could also restore it.
The problem is that Aang appeared to her in the first place. Korra isn't spiritual at all, and she doesn't undergo any spiritual growth over the course of the season. So why did Aang appear before her? Am I remembering wrong or is some semblance of spirituality not required for her to speak to Aang and the other past Avatars?

I don't remember exactly what was said, but didn't Aang say something about an avatar having to reach their lowest point to achieve that spiritual connection?

>Besides, Its a kids show, so they needed to wrap things up with a happy ending.

Bad guys don't count.

Besides that could be seen as the "redemption equals death" trope.

Return of the Jedi is still considered to have a happy ending when Darth Vader died.

>S4
>"Let's make korra useless and all the other characters retarded"
>Good

>Tarrlok beat Amon after Korra just let him leave
>Jinora beat Unavaatu after Korra failed to beat Unalaq when he was still just some chucklefuck waterbender
>A bunch of barely trained new airbenders beat Zaheer while Korra was dying of mercury poisoning
>Kuvira played herself
Korra really sucked at her job.

Man people are so hard on Korra.

I mean even Aang let the earth kingdom fall to the fire nation.

Read the comics. They're better written then the show

Pretty sure season 1 was supposed to only be a couple episode miniseries, which then got expanded into a full season.

Nah, Nickolodeon picked up Korra for 12 episodes. I don't think they were expecting more seasons which is why season one wrapped up the way it did.

I am honestly confused as to what happened with the Korra series compared to the original. In the first series the story kept on getting better as time moved on. Sure, Zuko's self reflection was probably the best part (after Little Soldier Boy ;_;) but overall it kept on getting better. Everything from the setting to the characters improved over time.
In Korra you have an even better setting and ideas with so much promise. Unfortunately the story is all over the place and the characters get worse over time.
Hell, Sokka and Bolin are the best contrast between the two series. Sokka starts off as a silly caricature with almost no use and turns into a deep badass normal and the guy with the plan. Bolin starts off as a complex guy that we can relate to and contributes a good deal. He ends up as 'meh' comic relief and a caricature of what he was.

The hell happened?

me too

youtube.com/watch?v=ErmZRsCIUsE

The first show had a person with experience as the head writer.

nice opinion

Here is something I always wondered.
How the fuck do cars work in this universe?
Does petroleum even exist here? They use batteries?

steam

He's not wrong though.