Happy Arbour Day Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jWkMhCLkVOg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Firefly

Watch out for CBS.

They're everywhere, its insidious

>this was Norm Macdonald
How did I not notice? I hope he shows up again.

The shills are so cute.

>one episode out
>lets make a general

fuck off shills

looks awful, shill

Shit like this is at odds with the classic trek feel the show is going for. I've always felt trek was a family show that even the strictest of parents wouldn't mind watching with their kids. Most of the jokes fit into that mold just fine, but having this right up front set the complete wrong tone for me.

This. Me and my CBS wife and CBS children were offended at this blatant disregard of family values.

One review put it beautifully
>once the dick joke was out of his system we could get on with the show

the jokes were between unfunny and meh, but it worked as a star trek episode

Beware of CBS talking points such as

But he said he liked it

Yeah I bet the "strictest of parents" were thrilled back in the 60s when Kirk kissed Uhuru. And how do you know what sort of feel the show is going for? Did Seth McFarlane tell you?

>he doesn't understand how to undermine an IP

>make a good Star Trek show
>ruin it by making it """funny"""
Bravo.

This shownis garbage. Real Trekkies and science fiction fans know Star Trek Discovery is the hit how of the season. It is only on CBS AllAccess.

Timber!

Don't forget your CBS wife's son.

>shownis
Revealed yourself again, CBShill.

>how do you know what 'feel' the show is going for?
because he watch the ep, maybe do the same before shitposting

He is not a shill. The shownis garbage. Wish I could wash my eyes out.

>FOX shilling that shitshow.

I agree. This Fox shownis two scoops of hot garbage. It is unlike the quality programming of CBS AllAccess.

I loved it.

>Fox shills arguing with CBS shills
Let them fight.

>le obvious CBS shill maymay
Wow. Can you faggots get any more insufferable? Stop. Don't finish that post. Whatever shitty fucking joke you're typing up that you think is oh so "clever" and "original" has already been made by some other colossal faggot already.

I watched it and enjoyed it. I'm also not projecting my own assumptions onto it. Fuck you, guy.

I didn't notice this the first time through. This shot features the Brooklyn Bridge in the same way ST always shows off the Golden Gate Bridge before Federation HQ scenes.

Excellent observation!

So what 'feel' did you think the show was going for?

Yea its the golden gate bridge for seths stuff, that seems very obvious.

This is going to be the new Sup Forums meme show, I can feel it. Time to edit my wordfilter.

I honestly don't have enough time in my life to worry about crap like this. I watched the show and enjoyed it. I don't concern myself with overthinking the nuts and bolts.

>tfw to smart to watch and enjoy a seth mcfartlane shownis

>I don't have time to worry about this crap
And yet you've felt the need to discuss Uhura kissing Kirk as a comparison

The Orville has restored hope to my life. I feel joy and strength of will once more.

holy fuck how did you know that was me

I've been here far too long.

Good job guys, you're somehow even more cancerous than regular/trek/ generals

How so?

should alara have eyebrows?

>family values.
They did not have kids though.

Stop bullying mai waifu

pls no bully

Orville threads are fun as fuck. It's extra awesome because the things shitting up le /trek/ don't have an established playground

pretty good, whens episode 2?

Every Sunday at 8pm/7pm Central on Fox.

Does anyone remember a show on FOX based in Rome? I think it was canceled.

I'll be surprised if this survives its first season.

That's kind of obvious just because of which network it's on.

So, I think the thing that impressed me most is that they're going to make Star Trek style plots... with no transporters! As a plot device, transporters are just too easy mode. An establishing shot of a shuttle landing should be good enough.

After all, what would The Rockford Files be like if everyone had a cell phone? Half of the plot would simply disappear if you could just reach into your pocket and call someone up, either to resolve a misunderstanding, or to call in the cavalry.

>putting this much work into making fun of her
I don't have to like it, but I can respect it.

I will steal just the picture for my shitposting needs. Uguu!

>Ted 2 flopped
>Million Ways to Die in the West flopped
>Bordertown flopped
Is this show Seth's last chance?

>Data are you FULLY FUCTIONAL?

so Sup Forums likes Seth Macfarlane now? wtf

Sorry but this show sucks. I was expecting family guy in space and instead I got... a mediocre drama played mostly straight. More jokes, less plot.

What's the frequency?

youtube.com/watch?v=jWkMhCLkVOg

>I was expecting family guy

Why would anyone actually want that?

I liked it. Obviously it's a TNG homage/rip off with a bit more humor injected. It could be better, some of the CGI was weak. But I liked it.

The robot guy sounded like Data too much. How long until the guy who plays Steve in American Dad has a musical number?

Not great, not terrible. First ep. seemed mostly like table setting. I'll give it a few more episodes.

I liked it. I hope it stays on long enough to find its footing.

Only if they bring in PatStew to sing the academy song together.

I liked it. The people who made it clearly love Star Trek. Unlike the people who made STD, from everything seen and read so far.

High-gravity waifu without her makeup.

PS I really liked the first episode and I'm really surprised how much the critics hated it. Like they despised it. I felt like it captured the spirit of trek more than trek has in a decade.

You idiot she's wearing tons of makeup in this picture.

But critics gave ghostbusters, queef edition a certified fresh rating. It's as if they have an agenda to perpetuate. These critics would shit on Citizen Kane for having a white cast.

>white

DROPPED