Why did he name himself after the poem well known for its allegory of inevitable meaningless of greatness?

Why did he name himself after the poem well known for its allegory of inevitable meaningless of greatness?

Because the author named him and thought it through, while he's just a fictional character who carries on that idea, oblivious to the inevitable implied fall.

In universe he named himself after the guy the poem is about. Out of universe he is named after the poem.

/x/ here. It's because the story is filled with occult symbolism.

Take Doctor Manhattan for example.
>man ascends to godhood
>blue skin
>head marked with the alchemical symbol of the sun

I should have mentioned that the character of Ozymandias in the poem is Ramses the II.

As a non-/x/ follower, what is the symbolism of those? Blue and Godhood stir up Hindu mythology for me, is that the right track?

Because he was blinded by the greatness of the work, much like Ramses himself.

Kinda like how Superman didn't really consider the Ubermensch angle and Doctor Doom didn't think to legally change his name early in life.

He knew that.
That's why he wanted to save the world even at the cost of his soul.
The world is the only thing that matters if everything personal ends

He was a typical homosexual that acted out of his hubris and egotism.

He saw the pointlessness of heroism you twat.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

But seriously, kill yourself, tripfag

As usual, /x/ is talking out of their ass

>Alan Moore story
>not ripe for occult symbolism
As usual, user outs himself as the fucking casual he is.

Heroism is its own reward. Being upright, principled and defiant in the face of adversity is a virtue, and all true virtue needs no outside goal. It is a goal by itself.

Unless the gays are a lot more gnarly over in Croatia, I'd say he was pretty atypical.

What with the giant psychic squid and all.

>Hindu

You would be correct in this assumption. Blue is the color of the sky and of death ahd rebirth. Hindu, and some ancient Egyptian deities as well, used blue as the color of their gods skins to symbolize their role in creation.

do you believe in bigfoot?

Sheep gon' sheep

What, are you telling me you've never heard of the classic "gay man murders half of new york with a giant psychic squid" stereotype?

Everything gays do revolves around their ego. For instance are you in any capacity aware of Jack Donovan and Milo Popuwhatever? Both of them claim to be right wing and Milo even considers himself a kind of leader of the "alt right." But it's all bullshit. Jack is LARPing as a pagan with his gay cult and Milo is in it because he's sexually attracted to white men. I'm using these two to illustrate that everything a fag does he does to fuck and be fucked by men or abuse little boys. They don't give a shit about the things they allegedly promote/believe in. The same goes for Adrian. His prime motivation was to exalt himself as a saviour of Mankind.

>giant psychic squid

It's been ages since I read the comic but I do recall something about it looking like a big asshole.

>It's been ages since I read the comic but I do recall something about it looking like a big asshole.
You've got to stop reading in front of a mirror.

I think it's worth pointing out that in story, the only mention of Adrian being gay was Rorschach's vague suspicions, and even he wasn't sure about it, vowing to investigate further.

And remember, Rorschach is a mildly paranoid headcase. Especially when it comes to sex and sexuality.

Seriously. I even remember Sup Forums discussing how they'll cut the squid out for that reason before the movie came out. The big blue penis was questionable too, but they pulled through (never erect).

>ride of the valkyries
>the cockhead emerges from the horizon
>the gooks stare in awe
>two minutes of a massive blue erection slowly coming forward
>only then do we see Doc

In the movie it was very obvious, but I recall that in the comic the BOYS folder on his computer was also shown.

I bet Doom considered it, but decided not to because his name is something given to him by his mother.

Blue is the color of transcendence in Christianizy.

in the story context it's that no one should actually know that it was him putting all the shit in motion.
if it wasn't for the other heroes discovering him, no one would have known, so no one would have remembered.

Blue is actually symbolic for Moore's appreciation of musical stage performances.

Why did he name himself after the test just because he likes the idea of the absolute separation of black and white, when the entire point of the test is it's open to the patient's interpretation?

>likes the idea of the absolute separation of black and white, when the entire point of the test is it's open to the patient's interpretation?
Because Rorschach also supports everyone going with their own personal autonomy as well. He sees what he sees as justice and you see yours- if you two conflict, he thinks it's fine for you to try to stop him from trying to do his shit. Like what happened with Manhattan. That's the real beauty in his character for me, user.

After I saw the movie, I had a vivid dream about Rorschach slipping on a white condom with shifting ink blotches over the tip that matched his mask's "expressions." He then proceeded to stick his cock in a can of cold beans.

He did that one during his atheist phase though. He didn't start gaining an active interest in the occult until his research on From Hell.

Remember when he drew a woman giving a fish monster a handjob and getting cummed on

What did he mean by this

Typical /x/, you can't get your own mysticism right, willing to overlook details to fit preconceived notions.

The Latin symbol for Sun is an even circle around a centre, potent in all directions; Doc's symbol is one object orbiting another in a circular path. The smaller mass travels in an undeviating path around the centre, all destinations known but its journey never ends.

A better question would be why he decided to stop washing and keep his stuff in the trash. Might as well change his name to the Racoon

It's just a hydrogen atom with an electron, because a hydrogen atom only has one electron.

Which makes sense because he's literally meant to be Captain Atom. I'm not sure a Captain Atom expy having an atom symbol on his forehead is a hugely deep thing.

What the fuck?

Because he was gonna prove the poem wrong

i don't remember the real reason but that'll do

the only reason i don't believe you is that Moore would've mentioned it before

>drew

It has that literal meaning that is given in the book itself, but that doesn't mean you can't find other meanings behind it that the author doesn't intend on/

Do you possibly mean "not rife with occult symbolism"?

Because what you said was gibberish.

classic /x/

"Ripe for" is fine enough, if he's saying Alan Moore's works serve as good fodder for further occult material.

Classic /x/ was actually good at one point. Then it got invaded by cancer and green text threads.

a lot Superman was from a reworked evil Ubermensch story

Doom fucking loves that his name is Doom.

>drew

Ramses II is NOT an example of his own poem, people still remember his name, many of his great material works still exist including buildigns and monuments. having ensured that egypt was rich and prosperous, he was so powerful that nine more people took his name

whether or not this changes the outcome of the character is not known

Aristotle pls go.