What if Hal Jordan started acting like Deadpool instead of his current "personality"

What if Hal Jordan started acting like Deadpool instead of his current "personality"

Hal Jordan was the most complex during his parallax days

Geoff Johns is a hack for making it a "SPACE BUG" and turning Hal into Superman 2.0

I'd argue that 80s Hal was at least Bruce Banner tier and was more interesting than post Rebirth Hal "Wah my daddy this and my daddy that" Jordan

Sinestro goes "not muh" but still gets the guiltiest of boners.

Guy would be out of a job

That would be pretty awful, Hal is perfect the way he is

>like Deadpool
specify which Deadpool

But we have Harley with Yellow Ring for cuhrayzee xD Lantern.

fuck off Geoff.

Pretty much this, sometimes you need to accept that not every story has a happy ending.

Seriously DC needs to stop trying to make a Deadpool-esq hero out of already established characters, I mean, they already have Plastic Man, use him as the "doesn't give a shit funny may may hero who has occasional deep moments".

HAMBOIGAHS

But Hal deserves a happy ending. Why is he the one cape character that arbitrarily has to suffer and have a bad end?

That's not how you should use Plas.

>But Hal deserves a happy ending
Fuck. Off. Geoff.

Because it was a well written arc for his character and life doesn't pick people to shit on based on virtue. Hal's suffering made for good writing and undoing it when he had already been succeded was cheap and a bit hollow.

Everybody's gotta move on someday. Maybe the next generation to take hold at DC and Marvel will understand that. Maybe not. I sure hope they do.

I hate this kind of character. I'll be trying to immerse myself in this world and some assclown breaks the immersion by saying something "funny".

It would be kind of shit, not only because it would make Hal even less Hal than he is, but it would also ruin one of Deadpool's points (that he's got an unusual personality for a superpowered person).

This. He's an embodiment of the different mindset during the Golden Age and a very specific archetype and nuance. There's other characters better suited for semi-trashy meta writing.

Plastic Man is shit.

>a well written arc
>3 issues where he goes insane, becomes a villain and kills everyone out of the blue
Imagine that happening to the Batfamily. At least give Hal 6 issues or something.

You're shit.

go fuck yourself

ralph pls go

Then we would need another space bug retcon to get over another wrong-headed character assassination of Hal.

It's colourful pages like this one that makes me curious about GL.

But there is no happy ending in capes. Ever. If you save the world today, it'll just be in danger again tomorrow. Anything good happening to you will soon be gone. Settling down in happiness just means your family will get killed next event. The only way out is to get impopular enough to get cancelled and never mentioned again.

Why would you ruin any character by wanting them to be more like Deadpool?

It's Hal. As they say, nowhere to go but up.

I would drop GL,Deadpool goofball personality is not my taste