Yfw the black sidekick got so tired with being a sideman he became a villain

>Yfw the black sidekick got so tired with being a sideman he became a villain

>both zemo and mordo got their baron title revomed
i think marvel studios hates the word ''baron''

Yeah because they hate Trump

>Yfw the slave will get revenge on his master

He wasn't a sidekick, he probably would have been the next Sorcerer Supreme if he hadn't walked away.

>when you make a white character black and it turns out he is a bad guy
Pottery

>Pottery
yer kiln me

>that throwaway reference to Rhodey being crippled

Mordo was the only one who wasn't corrupted by the dark magics. He was the only one who didn't succumb to the temptations. In other words, he is the hero of the story and Doctor Strange is like Dormammu's bro, with Wong compromising his position of "Don't fuck with time magic" and changing his mind to "lol who gives a shit"

I could've sworn that was a reference to the Justin Hammer's shitty suit that like...snapped the guy in half.

Now that you mention it, that might have been it. Strange turned him down because it wouldn't have been glorious. Saving an Avenger would have been a coveted opportunity.

It was not.

My only complaint is that Chiwetel Ejiofor was basically playing his character from Firefly except as a protagonist/supporting cast instead of antagonist. Everything about him, including his fall from grace and turning into a villain is almost the exact inverse of his character growth from Firefly.

That said I love that character and actor, so it was awesome.

I wish he was just an uneasy ally for awhile. loved the dynamic

> There will never be a scene of Mordo trying to "Pangborn" Wanda and getting mind-raped hard by Cheeky Uncle Chthon, and Mordo going full paranoid psycho as a result.

This brings up a point I have been wondering. Mordo believes that humans shouldn't violate the natural order and laws with magic, so how would he feel about Elder Gods and beings whose singular purpose is to mold and edit reality as they see fit? Would he follow Chthon because he thinks that their will is part of nature?

It was curious that he seemed more pissed at Strange fucking with time than Dormammu fucking humanity.

He does carry the Staff of the Living Tribunal. "The relic chooses you" (because many of them are conduits of deities, who would favour those whose agenda serves their own). Thus, Mordo's agenda serves Tribunal's agenda of natural order.

Mordu's just an idiot

"There will be a price to be paid and it might be worse than the Earth and possibly the entire dimension being subsumed into an infinite timeless hell ruled by a malevolent god"

"So I'm going to kill this mechanic who doesn't even realize he's magic"

Baron kind of comes with the implication of aristocracy, or land ownership, or at the very least some kind of family legacy. None of those apply to either of those characters in the MCU.

>"So I'm going to kill this mechanic who doesn't even realize he's magic"

That mechanic worked real hard to become magic, what are you talking about? His control over those forces was the only thing moving his limbs.

He just thought he was miraculously healed, not that he was magic

Also, that kinda goes against what the Ancient One said earlier, talking to Strange about how to force the body to repair itself. Nobody forced their body to repair themselves, they just used magic to force their body to move like they wanted it to.

>He just thought he was miraculously healed, not that he was magic

According to what? He specifically told Strange that he received power when at Kamar-Taj, and the Ancient One later explicitly explains that she didn't heal him and he's doing all that stuff himself. If there's anything we learned from the scenes with Strange learning how to do magic you don't accidentally channel that energy.

he literally says at the end it's his magic before Mordo takes it

Ah see that was the issue

I had the ending relayed to me because I really, really had to use the bathroom

Neither. Rhodey is Air Force, not Marines, and Doctor Strange takes place 4-6 years after IM2. I mean if Hammer's still testing suits while in jail...

The Operative in Serenity is nothing like Baron Mordo. Literally what are you talking about?

Mordo's probably the best here that he's ever been. I always saw him as a trial to work through before you get to the crazy stuff, like the Dark Dimension or the Eternity saga.

The movie pretty explicitly takes place in 2016 and that bit dates it immediately after Civil War. It's stupid but it's intentional and no amount of wishful thinking will make it otherwise.

it's not Rhodes, the dude Strange passed on was a Marine Colonel, Rhodey is an Air Force Lieutenant Colonel

So Mordo is going to be the MCU equivalent to Silver Dagger? Trying to get rid of magic and sorcerer by using it to kill other sorcerers?

I dunno, it seems like he sucked the magic right out of Paralyzed Basketball Man somehow rather than killed him

>that drive carefully warning at the end of the credits

Got a chuckle out of me. Also, I would've liked to see more of TAO showcasing why she's the sorcerer supreme in the mirror dimension fight, but I guess that would undermine her role a bit.

Zemo maybe has Sokovian family legacy of some sort, but we don't really know as of yet.

I really hope Mordo didn't kill the guy. I want him to just take magic from people so he doesn't feel like a generic asshole

That was my first thought on seeing the after credits scene. I assumed they gave Mordo's backstory to Mads' character and made Mordo into a version of Silver Dagger

it was kind of refreshing that Mordo wasn't a secret traitor like everyone was expecting

So with Thor as a stand-in for Namor, Ragnarok is now just going to be a classic Defenders movie, huh?

no Silver Surfer equivalent that we know of

Luke Cage showed that Hammer Industries still exists so he could be still making armor. However, considering the namedrop in TWS, I'd say that the opening act of Doctor Strange is contemporaneous with IM2 with the final act taking place years later.

The later half of the movie does, but the whole time after the first act and the car crash was probably longer than a year.

This would make sense, but Doctor Strange specifically dated itself at 2016 (see the award plaque in his apartment). So, either the test pilot just never healed properly and was in the same boat as Strange when his hands got pulverized, or the filmmakers fucked up.

>Talk about this movie at work
>Want to see it
>Fat bitch chimes in
>"Oh i wont see it until its cheaper, there whitewashing it"
>mfw

I cant believe people are like this

So what? Is he just gonna go around stealing magic from people? Like how did he learn to do that?

how they did it was the best possible way, desu

A or B. He's trained in energy manipulation like everyone else. Or he learned it in his studies. That's sort of an annoying question.

I'm glad to see the MCU trying to put effort into their villains but in the post-credit scene he was edging into the generic 'I'm doing this really horrible thing for this vague notion of some greatness' that so many of them have ended up to.

When will they learn that interesting characters come from characterisation not expository dialogue.

Hope they stick to the more dynamic personality he had in the film.

>vague notion of some greatness
he's clearly doing it because he's pissed off about sorcerers breaking the rules OF NATURE

The best part about Doctor Strange officially being in the MCU is that they can finally confirm that Wanda is a magic user. She can interact with Strange and she can learn more about her powers.

Why did the mind gem give her magic and Quickslav fastness?

Was Quickslav also magic?

All jokes aside, I liked that they downplayed Strange's chosen one status. Its clear he's talented, and genuinely learns a very grey area lesson about responsibility, but he never cameoff like the "great white savior".

It was a subversion. Instead of learning to get better and win, he learned that losing doesn't make you any less talented or relevant. So he became the biggest loser to win in the end

The way he beats Dormamamamamu alone made this movie worthwhile, I think

You don't always need to end the movie with the hero punching the badguy to death

He spent the entire movie being unreasonable and selfish. His journey ends when he realizes its not about him and he sacrifices himself a shit ton of times until he outwits his opponent.

Couldn't agree more.

he just let the bad guy punch him to death a lot

But will T'challa have a white sidekick? Freeman's name is not yet on the cast list.

Dormammmamamamu has no concept of time, so he trapped him in that single moment. either his hunch would have paid off or he would have been punched to death for all eternity. pretty clever and selfless in my opinion.

White sidekick will come in BP2 when they adapt Priest's run

I'm just so happy we got Dormammu, and he actually looked excellent.

Now, for Strange 2...

>Black man
>Can't think for himself and only follows what his White mistress tells him
>When he finally does think for himself he engages in acts of violence and theft

Kek

I haven't been so satisfied with MCU since they showed that celestial blowing up a planet in Guardians

I think it's important to establish the Cosmic threats, because for me a big part of the Infinity War storyline was all of them jobbing to Thanos. Seeing Galactus, Beyonder, Celestials, Eternity, et al so soundly defeated in a pure contest of power really drives home how all-powerful Thanos is in that moment.

I'm predicting they'll have Loki play Mephisto's role, btw

I think they are overselling thanos. He should have been the villain in avengers 2. i know his character and it couldn't possibly fulfill the amount of buildup they are foisting on him

it's kinda hard to oversell the fucking Infinity Gauntlet, yo.

look man

Infinity War Part 1 is going end like this and we're all going to cream our pants and it'll have all been worth it

Is the gauntlet itself special or just a mount for the gems?

it's the only way to control all the gems at once

Its just a Mitten without the stones.

You can use it to take out hot muffins from the Titan Oven.

Muffins of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I will never see another movie on Saturday night, I don't know how they always find me but talkers and laughers always sit next to or right behind me. Monday afternoons from now on

He probably didn't, but unless he took him to the hospital afterwards Pangborn is as good as dead.

I think Doctor Strange has to be the most tragic MCU hero that I've seen. Imagine not being able to fap for a year.

It was the best end fight in the franchise so far
It was clever, it used proper stuff that came up multiple times earlier in the movie, and it tied in to the main themes and messages they were going for

They pitted Strange against someone who was a few dozen degrees of magnitude stronger then he was, with zero bullshit plot contrivance, no asspull power-ups, and they didn't have fucking Dormammu job all over the place

why didnt the bald chick do anything during the chitauri invasion

>Get a gaggle of high school girls behind me
>Laughing
>Making commentary
>Losing their shit at every moment
>Especially the thor part

Poetic justice exists in that they walked out after that mid-credit sting and completely missed the second one

>not making Infinity Muffins

Wasn't a sidekick though.

Coz physical threats not mystical.

That said, I like to think some of the Chitauri stumbled on the Sanctum and got whupped for their trouble.

More importantly why didn't she do anything during Malekith's dickering with all of reality? For that matter why didn't any of the Avengers? These movies all have this problem, but this is the most egregious case.

Mordo's motivations still baffle me. He was perfectly okay with literally everything until he found out his waifu was tapping dark energy to extend her life. I can see being disappointed in her, but he goes and basically burns his universe to the ground over it instead of, you know, being a mature adult, recognizing that an error that should never be repeated was made, and sticking around to be the Master of the repaired London Sanctum and keep things right. Him in London, Wong in Hong Kong, and Strange in New York would have secured the world's safety handily and continued the purpose of the Sorcerers as the Ancient One taught, without the need to cheat like she did. Moreover, Mordo would have been in a position to prevent another Kycilius from rising up in their ranks by staying. Even Justin Hammer had a more rational reason for doing the shit he did than Mordo does. Fucking childish.

a white slave servant who turns out to be a traitor for the USA

Better not to interact with Asgardian issues maybe ?

Malekith's dickering didn't threaten Earth directly except for the five minutes or so it took Thor to correct the issue. Had Thor lost, she'd probably have made a move, but there wasn't any reason for her to do so because Thor wouldn't stay down.

he recognizes that he can't trust anyone with magical power so he's going to go around and take it all for himself

He lost faith in others basically

Shame about Galactus and Surfer being stuck with Fox.

Remember what she said to him about beating your demons? How you can't, and can only live above them?
Mordo couldn't do even that. He's a nutjob.

Also she probably looked into her future and saw that she is going to live beyond that event, so everything is going to be fine anyway.

regardless of her stance on whitewashing, movie tickets don't get cheaper if a movie does bad