Why did they ruin Lobo?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomics.tv/comic/lobo
thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/1905
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OG bastich is back, you know?
Also, N52 Lobo was gettin' good.

I want to have vigorous sweaty sexual intercourse with twink lobo

They're gettin' close. But that still ain't muh Lobo.

If this version of NuBo were an entirely original character introduced in a world where Lobo didn't already exist, I'd have no problem with him at all. Sadly, he was always going to be held up to the standard of the original, and the way they introduced him was so offensive to anyone who liked the original that nobody who was ever going to be a fan of Lobo as a character or a concept would ever have embraced this guy.

>the way they introduced him was so offensive to anyone who liked the original
You mean this?
Yeah, I can agree with that.

If they'd gone full satire with NuBo I would have been completely down with it

Take the piss out of the metro nu-males infesting comics

They were hoping to appeal to the anime fangirl market with a bishie-boy.

They didn't yet realize that anime fangirls had mutated into the monstrosities known as SJWs, and didn't care about cuties anymore, just about virtue signaling.

The old one wasn't cinematic enough while the redesign you see on the right is much more palatable for movie execs.

>momoa will never be the main man

'Member when the writer for Nubo responded to Lobo fans by claiming that she was making a "satire" of Lobo?

She must have thought that "satire" was a get out of criticism free card.

It's bad enough he's playing aquaman. He literally can not act.

Eh, I liked his Aquaman and design in BvS but I didn't like his hardcore attitude in the JL trailer.
Even 90s didn't act like that.
But I'm curious to see his solo movie, Wan better put some Lovecraftian monsters in that shit.

The terms "satire" and "deconstruction" are generally words used by people making an adaptation of something to use as an excuse for why it doesn't resemble what its based on. They're generally blatant hacks. The bitch that made punisher warzone said she was a fan of the character and read the comics, then after it was released, she backtracked and said she never did, was trying to make a deconstruction, and thought the skull was stupid and had to be begged by everyone involved with the movie to even have him wear it.

Wan makes hacky generic predictable horror movies that appeal to people that thought shit like paranormal activity and the conjuring were the scariest movies ever made. He appeals to the lowest common denominator, like Snyder. Him being the director, and Mamoa playing aquaman, coupled with the fact that it's a DC movie so you know execs are going to fuck with it all point to it being yet another shitty movie. I say all this as a big horror movie fag as well.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

I'm also a horror fan, didn't like any of his movies except for Saw 1 but I'm going to give him a shot.

See, if Nubo was more like this, he could've been hilarious. I would actually pay for a series that had Nubo as a parody of bishonen anime types in the same way that Lobo was a parody of 90's anti-heroes, provided that he coexisted with th' main man.

Saw 1 was alright.

I never felt Wan was that great a director, but also not horrible- then I saw Insidious, which is basically just JUMP SCARE MASH PIANO over and over.

Lobo was always a very shitty character. At least the latter is hot.

>shitting on Dante

Coelasquid should have done her research instead of going by people's uneducated suggestions.

How exactly did they explain the two Lobos?

The Conjuring us a pretty solid horror movie man
It'sbot the best or scariest but as a ghost horror movie made for the masses it's good.

No, it really really wasn't.

Pretty sure making it as cheesy an offense as possible was the point, but you never know with cape books. Could be unironic.

>didn't care about cuties anymore
Have you checked into a Voltron thread lately? They're hopelessly infested with fujoshits.

>Have you checked a cancerous Sup Forums thread full of faggots pretending to be girls?
Fucking really?

If they wanted to appeal fangirls they should made him gay with a cute boyfriend.

Lobo can be recreated by every drop of blood he sheds. How could they NOT explain dozens of Lobo at any one time?

Punisher War Zone was a movie that really felt like comic panels come to life, though.

And black.

What didn't you like about it? I liked the paranormal investigator angle, I thought the child actors were good (which possibly speaks to Wan's ability), I thought it set a good atmosphereand had the right balance of buildup and actual horror. I also liked that it didn't rely on jumpscares.

No, black guys aren't very popular with fangirls.

Original Lobo was a Czarnian imposter and N52 the real Lobo.

Yeah, frank spinning around on a chandelier to nu metal playing was something right out of the comics. The movie had only one decent thing about it, and that was a frank that looked and sounded like frank. Too bad about the writing and literally everything else.

>pretending

Maybe you are

wouldnt that defeat the point she was making with that comic strip?

If they had gone with a parody of the 00's action heroes like the Twilight faggots and such, the comic would have been a lot better,maybe even successful. Instead they took themselves waaay too serious and tried to take a shit on the previous one.

Dude, they fucking ruined the entire DCU. What did you expect.

nuLobo has that power, too?

So he isn't the last Czarnian?

nuLobo is a bloody killer, but not genocidal. Why fight/kill OG Lobo, then?

He killed that female Czarnian because she was one of the people who destroyed their species.

What comic/issue is this from?

Anyone have a zippylink?

He killed OG Lobo because he was using his name or something

N52 Lobo
readcomics.tv/comic/lobo

Rebirth will make it all better, just wait.

They should just create a universe where Flashpoint never happened

>Writer - Cullen Bunn

That's weird, I could swear I remember before nuLobo came out they walk talking about how it was being written by a woman?

Guess it wasn't true

Turns out she did something on NuLobo
thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/1905
and really hit the nail on the head in talking about redesign

[unsolicited opinions on Israel]

>The bitch that made punisher warzone

She also said anybody that didn't unconditionally love Trank's FF movie "wasn't a real fan"

Couldn't they just say at some point Lobo losses an arm and that arm grew into a younger version of himself?

He originally looked like a mix between KISS and the average guy on Hollywood Blvd. or Sunset Strip going to therock s clubs.

The rock scene has changed, and so has Lobo's look. He looks more like a modern rocker.

80s Lobo looks like he's part of KISS, 90s Lobo is basically Rob Zombie

I'm glad your boy is back, Sup Forums.

We're still waiting.

Someday, user.
Someday.

Same reason they ruined the rest of DCU: Nu52 was all about changing shit hard and fast to provoke a reaction. They didn't care what the changes were, they didn't plan them properly, they just went QUICK EVERYBODY THROW SHIT AT THE WALL SOME OF IT HAS TO STICK

But most of the New 52 is good

Most of it was utter shit and the bits that weren't didn't require a total reboot to happen.

If Nubo had to exist I wish they could've just been brothers with odd couple shenanigans or something.

Why the fuck is Lobo a bishie

The Villains Month issue that debuted him was written by a woman, Bennett IIRC.

The running joke of the issue was Lobo saying "Sorry. Not sorry."

It's absolutely baffling to me how anyone could choose Lobo of all characters to do that to. There doesn't seem to be any sense behind it at all. He

>Wan better put some Lovecraftian monsters in that shit.
Well seeing as he announced he was directing Aquaman with a Lovecraft quote I'd say it's likely

Mate he's been like that for 3 years now

The same reason they ruined Dc with the New 52

>a parody of the 00's action heroes like the Twilight faggots and such
That would have been x100000 better. But let's face it, the New 52 found it very difficult to NOT fuck up everything it touched.

There's so many ways Nubo could have been handled that would have actually made him interesting. They could have made him satire rather than the unironically edgy pretty boy we got. They could have done what you suggested and paired him with the original Lobo and have them play on each other.