New trailer for Disaster Artist

youtube.com/watch?v=YDWxpSnVpaA
>actually has accent and Wiseau chin
I'm a little excited now even if dudeweed is in it

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/11100895/The_Disaster_Artist___My_Life_Inside_the_Room_by_Greg_Sestero_an
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your to do list, OP
1. check catalog
2. kys

>can't check catalog
>excited for garbage
DUDE Sup Forums LMAO

I did but I ctrl+f search but nothing and now through thorough searching I found it
also your to do list
1.when OP makes dumb thread sage it so you don't bump it

> builds alleyway set right next to real alley
> building a fake set makes it more Hollywood

Its going to be funny full of Tommy being a idiot who can't act or understand anything of the industry

I feel the only good parts are when they're making the movie

Haven't been this excited since The Master.

the "oh hi doggie" scene better be fucking amazing

I'm excited

The accent is way off. Wiseau isn't that coherent.

>retarded foreigner can't do anything right because he's retarded and a foreigner
>retarded foreigner makes worst movie of all time because he's retarded and a foreigner
>hollywood millionares make movie making fun of retarded foreigner for being retarded and a foreigner

It's like back when we were kids and we all gathered around a retard to laugh at him, except it's in movie form now. Feels great.

These movies have massive potential. Ed Wood is a fucking classic film.

It looks a lot more sincere than I expected it to be. I'm really looking forward to it.

>it features seth rogen

i think it's a little more than that. despite wiseau's awkwardness, poor acting, and poor just about everything else, you have to admire his tenacity and willingness to see his goals through.

Looks good, I'm stoked. Autists will and are pointing out slight imperfections in Franco's voice but it's pretty damn close.

>>actually has accent and Wiseau chin

Actually has a shitty attempt at a Wiseau impression.

I can see the genesis for this. Rogen and Franco blaze it up and watch the Room for the 15th time and throughout is Seth's dying donkey laughter. Franco keeps making a shitty impression of the famous lines and Seth tells him they could totally make a movie with this.

When sober they find out about the Behind The Scenes book that was written and decide to make the dream real. Some idiot exec approves his garbage sight unseen because it has minimal budget and two stars who generally bring in money.

IT'S ASS

You don't sound as savvy as you think you do my man.

That's an actual scene from the book, by the way, I believe his reasoning for that and the awful green screen roof is he wanted "No Mickey Mouse Stuff".

>"Is he a real thing?"

The sincerity is selling it, has that same hopeful undercurrent of "LET'S MAKE A FUCKING MOVIE YEAH" that got me into filmmaking in the first place.

Brigsby Bear did this too, and that movie made me cry like a bitch.

They're actually doing a good idea instead of dudeweedlmao
Looks surprisingly good

>when sober
>implying Rogen or Franco are ever sober

whos the guest joe is giving up on ?

nathan fielder at 1:27

I really hope they include the gag that Peter (Fielder's character) just fucking quit midway through and they shot all his scenes with some dude that looks nothing like him.

the best part is that the guy warned Wiseau that he had to go work at NASA in a few months, but they never prioritized his scenes and had to just very poorly write him out

>It's like back when we were kids and we all gathered around a retard to laugh at him

You sound like a huge faggot

>Jokes literally pulled out of the Nostalgia Critic review
Holy shit this will be bad.

Is this just going to be Ed Wood redux?
I bet the moral is going to be: do what you are passionate about even if it is considered bad.

>hate the francos
>hate rogen
>hate lazy comedies
I have no interest in this film and think less of anyone that does

DUDE WISEAU IS SO CRAZY LMAO

As shitty as he was, Ed Wood wasn't an incompetent director. Wiseau has a mysterious aurora around him which is unraveled when his childhood in Poland was revealed. But I'd prefer that was just hinted towards and not shown. Movies today explain too much which take the fun out of the mystery.

The only thing that frustrates me is that Greg actually has the perfect impression and I wish he was cast

Which one of your brothers got the garbage gene user?

Did you also refused to watch Punch Drunk Love because it has Adam Sandler in it?

This is obviously not their usual dude bro comedies

damn that's a lot of gray hair for a 35 year old

Leftists have not designated Polish people to be subhuman victims for some reason so it's OK to make fun of them.

>mfw this movie exists

>James Franco and Seth Rogen
Don't they need good film makers making fun of bad films for the joke to work?

This looks 100 times better than the last trailer, I take back my heavy skepticism.

Is this meant to be a comedy or not? I've never seen The Room.

For some reason, I can't really get into this. It's one thing for Wiseau's friend to take the piss out of him by just reciting facts, but this just feels like James Franco making fun of some retard he doesn't even know.

Read the book nigger.

It's not a comedy, but very funny. Wiseau is god.

>>Read the book

Why? There's a movie now.

Actually I highly recommend the audio book. It has Greg Sistero doing Tommy's voice whenever Wiseau speaks.

That's quite the retarded leap in logic but ok

>Greg actually has the perfect impression
He doesn't, though. I have no idea why so many people think his impersonation is spot on. It's not, Greg does this weird intonation Tommy doesn't have that makes his impersonation sound like a slow child that's in wonder of everything. Most of the touches of his impersonation are close, but it's not perfect. Franco is off, too, but in different ways than Greg. So far it sounds like they're probably about as close as each other.

Tommy accent is such a weird mix of things, it's probably impossible to get completely right.

Seth Rogan is playing the straight man, not the weed man.

It's not a joke, in The Room he was literally humping her stomach.

franco doesn't sound like him at all, he sounds like a downie version of tommy

So did real Tommy license this to them or what?

What do you think?
Greg wrote the material.

They could've found a different actor to play Greg. Dave and James look the same.

Dude, I'm sorry if you were one of those kids getting picked on but looking back it was one of the funnest times of my life. Especially after school bullying then going home to play some SNES while my mom made pizza bagels.

Best quotes from the book?

Best of both

thepiratebay.org/torrent/11100895/The_Disaster_Artist___My_Life_Inside_the_Room_by_Greg_Sestero_an

It's called the room

Wiseau is from Louisiana

that's the side of injecting marijuana you don't see in the movies

Greg should be cast in a Bruce Jenner biopic

wait is that not adam weisau?

Franco doesn't actually smoke weed allegedly (though he'd have no reason to lie)
Shocked me too

>tfw this is coming out but Room Full of Spoons still has an injunction against its release

Because the Francos sucked Tommy's dick. Room Full of Spoons had the balls to tell the truth and Tommy didn't like that.

Tommy was incredibly happy about being played by James Franco, so he'd be more lenient than he would towards documentary makers. I'm also assuming this movie glosses over the information about Tommy's past, which is the thing that really sets him off.

>the information about Tommy's past
Which is what exactly?

>I believe his reasoning for that and the awful green screen roof is he wanted "No Mickey Mouse Stuff".
Plus he was toying with the idea of a supernatural sideplot which would have involved a flying car taking off from the roof

Exactly. In the book, Greg tries to fish some info out of Tommy but Tommy always immediately shuts Greg down.

There's even a scene where Greg finds a picture of a young Tommy on Tommy's fridge and asks who the young stud is or something like that. Tommy gets all awkward and shit and the picture is gone the next morning if I remember right.

Is this the real Greg Sestero on the billboard?
Why?

Everything about Tommy's Planet

Honestly the entire thing is 100% comedy gold

In The Disaster Artist, Greg tells a hazy account of Tommy's past that says he really comes from somewhere in Eastern Europe, went through some shit in France, got to Louisiana through an uncle, and eventually made it to San Francisco. Tommy was uncomfortable with even that being included, so it's probably not in the movie, because it's easy to cut out.

The guys from Room Full of Spoons actually tracked down the city in Poland Tommy is from and may have even spoken to some of his family and childhood friends.

I am hoping for a scene where Tommy gets mad at Greg and storms out of the house. Greg looks at a bunch of pictures, some of which are Tommy in Poland while the rest are of him and Greg hanging out. Would be heartfelt while hinting at Tommy's background.

>Seth Rogan is playing the straight man, not the weed man.

of course he is. seth rogan is the physical, on-screen embodiment of whatever stupid fucking knee jerk reaction the audience is supposed to be experiencing. a funnier character will say something really outrageous, sexual and weird. then seth will go:

>"HU-HU-HU-HU WHAT?!"
>"That's fucking weird, dude"

then the kenny powers type chracter will reaffirm what he said

>"Yeah dude, I stick peanut butter up my peehole before sex"

then seth will end it with a lame quip to take the edge off and not seem judgmental

>"Hey, dude, that's cool. Whatever condiment floats your boat".

he's an empty vessel for the audience to identify with. it's for retards to go "lol, dude, that's totally me with my friends". i fucking hate his presence in film

beautifully explained

According to someone who saw the doc, there is actually considerable evidence linking Tommy to organised crime.
On top of that, the filmmakers interviewed Sandy who told them that he actually directed the room and his story was backed up by every else they interviewed. And further, Tommy just doesn't want anyone to know about his life before the Room

I honestly don't know which Franco is the worse casting choice.

At least James is the same height as Tommy and has a similar shaped nose.

Dave, honestly. James' impression isn't that bad.

The movie will definitely get leaked like every other Oscars season movie, I hope because I bet it'll take a while for it to hit theaters where I live

Lol nobody really knows where exactly he is from, the man is a mystery

He's from Poland dude, it's already been debunked

He was also in plenty of car accidents and one might have caused him brain damage which would explain many things

I fucking hate James Franco, I haven't seen enough movies with Dave Franco to hate him yet

No, he has a french accent and a french name, comes from France or Louisiana

Poland was under Russian domination when Wiseau was a kid. The rumor being spread (by the guy Tommy is suing) is that he escaped communist Poland and grew up in France but I prefer the mystery.

>french accent
Tommy's accent is weird, but Polish way closer than French.

>french name
"Wiseau" isn't a French word or name. His original last name is Wieczorkiewicz, which is Polish.

That's not a french accent, not even cajun or canadian. Sounds more like some eastern european slav

Yes, because the book depicts Tommy as a living cartoon character.

To be fair he's playing Sandy, the guy whose job was to make the movie make any sense at all and essentially direct it because Tommy can't direct shit.

So is Room Full of Spoons a documentary then? And Wiseau didn't let them publish it?

Yes
Originally it was made with Tommy's consent, it's a weird story
But he sued them for using footage of the Room in the film and for slander(?) causing an injunction on the film's release. The filmmakers keep trying to work with him to get it released, offering to cut things but he won't agree to anything other than having final cut approval I think

Someone should ""hack"" them and just leak it.
That's what I would do were I a filmmaker and someone would do this to keep me from publishing my movie.

The filmmakers have basically not-so-subtly said that they'll do this if they can't release it.
But considering that it's a feature-length documentary, they kinda want to get paid if they can to recoup some of the costs back (which is fair play to them)