What are your thoughts on Frank's ideology of punishment?

What are your thoughts on Frank's ideology of punishment?

Do you agree with his "moral" code?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bWpK0wsnitc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think he is a crazy sad person. Murder isnt the solution, enslavement and forced work and education for inmated, longer sentences so they work inside and the money they produce needs to go for the families of their victims.

Nigs need chains

I just think he's just an angry 12 year old trapped in a man's body, being a vigilante is good n' all considering that some criminals deserve to be killed and shouldn't get away with it for the horrible misdeeds they've done towards humanity.

However, whenever I read some of his panels and dialogue, I can't help but say pic related out-loud.

nope dudes nuts and he'll always be fighting because he attacks people, some who are nothing but confused and lost pawns, but not the heart of the problem.

He belongs behind bars, all he offers is temporary solutions.

The worst kind of people are those who believe they have the right to take a life because of moral or ethical reasons.

I don't care, really. Nothing he does has influence on universe so he can kill all those purse snatchers.

he's a murdering psychopath

Nope, but it's sure as hell entertaining to watch him do his thing.
Ennis really upped the edge factor in his dialogue, abd especially in his narrations. I do dig his hit back hard mentality in ge context of his setting.

Doesn't that depend on the writer somewhat? I'll still attempt a committed reply, though.

In a setting where actual legal authority is infantile in it's potency, his actions are understandable. This is a world where police can't even handle a bank robbery without someone with super powers coming in to fix everything. God forbid they handle murderers and mobsters. I guy who can lift a tanker truck (and quite possibly throw it) has to stop mundane purse snatchers, for fucks sake.

Given the context of what is world deals with, his ideology is understandable.

For regular street crime, yeah. But his methods are a bit pointless in a universe where everyone just comes back to life anyway and there's various superpowered villains he can't do anything about.

Say this for all the inocent people that he saved, like children from sexual traffic.

Frank is way more viable then retards like Bruce Wayne and Matt Murdock.

I'm more impressed by the character of Frank himself.

In theory, he should be a boring and forgettable vigilante. His gimmick is that he kills bad guys. That's it. It's no different than any cheesy 80s action movie.

And yet, so many talented writers ended up making him one of my favorite characters ever.

How would you rate the various live action portrayals of Frank?

That's why I only like Punisher MAX.

Castle just feels out of place in the regular Marvel universe.

I'd put Jon Bernthal and Thomas Jane as equals, honestly. The 2004 movie gets a lot of hate, but I think Jane did a great job.

Ray Stevenson LOOKED the part, but I remember nothing about his performance.

Never seen the Dolph Lundgren one. I assume it ain't great.

Morality is a spook

>yfw Frank becomes the new Ghost Rider

>The Frankmobile gets the Ghost Rider treatment
Yes

He was willing to do what Batman never would
So, yeah, you're goddamn right I do

>The 2004 movie gets a lot of hate, but I think Jane did a great job.

another reason why people love thomas jane punisher:

youtu.be/bWpK0wsnitc

the movie plot and writing for the movie was retarded but the acting was great

Seeing Joker's brain being splattered all over the walls by Frank has to be the funniest thing ever if batman wasn't there to stop him

>joker busts his ass on a banana peel while running away

god why was that so funny

As good as Punisher was on Netflix, I'm still a bit crushed that Dirty Laundry's never going to lead to anything

What i like is how easily Batman can kick Punisher's ass.

Wait, people hated the Thomas Jane one? I fucking loved it. The torture scene with the blowtorch is quite possibly one of my favourite scenes in film history.

People consider it out of character, even though it came from one of the better Punisher writers. I do believe it worked better in the comics.

People really downplay Frank's self awareness.

No and people's own morals are hardly Sup Forums related.

No one should be judge, jury, AND executioner. The problem with the comic universe is that there are no executioners so villains keep getting out over and over.

Prisons are already too overcrowded and hippies are too loud to get that to work.

That would actually be a valid criticism if Frank considered himself a good guy.

This is true.

This. There's a reason the cops silently approve of him in a lot of his runs.

Preliminary opinion of Jon is he did a good job. I'll reserve my final judgment until the series comes out, that
>Punisher could beat Batman
thing makes me worry a bit.

You really NEED someone like Punisher in comic book universes. It ain't a pretty job, but it IS a necessary one, even if other people don't want to admit it. is a perfect example. Gotham would have been an unquestionably better place if Joker had got Franked, but Batman stopped it because muh waifu. Then Frank just walks off in disgust at the end.

>No one should be judge, jury, AND executioner.

Why not?

Not really, I think he takes it way further than it needs to go. Dude's pretty messed up.

That being said I still think he's a thoroughly interesting character who's a lot of fun to read about.

Frank is the ultimate proof that Batman's no-kill rule is not detrimental.

All the years Frank has been murdering relentlessly, creating thousands of orphans and widows, and there are just as many criminals as the day he started.

Every one you kill, another takes its place.

At least Batman puts money into various public works projects.

>Nigs need chains
And racists need a bullet to the brain.

See, sometimes that's true but...well, read "the Slavers." Batman would have put them in jail, and then they would have escaped to do it all over again. OTOH Injustice Superman would have impaled them and then ashed their home countries, so I guess that makes Frank a moderate.

Relax, jamal.

You sound troubled, my friend. Who hurt you so?

Sup Forumsmblr needs to grow up, MOST, not all blacks, need to either go back to africa, be house boss negros or be slaves. Is not racism, it's science, most blacks are too dumb to be part of society

As much as I enjoyed Garth Ennis run and it's definitely quintessential Punisher. He ruined the character forever.

No, simply because his morality relies solely on him being a mary sue that is always 100% right, 100% accurate and with a 100% rate of innocent survivability, it works for a comic book character but anyone past 14 who think this is somehow applicable to the real world is just being edgy.

Lol some people might take your foolish comments srs. If i was black id wanna kick your ass

Except that both Remender, Rucka and Edmonson had decent to good runs after him with different takes on Frank in each one

Frank usually limits himself to known obvious murderers and cruel human monsters.
This is the redeeming element.
Otherwise his kill-first-ask-questions-later philosophy is bullshit.
Extremely hypocritical too.
But seeing the level of hateful and cruel people in the world who smirk when they do those kinds of things, I like the idea.

>sexual traffic

All I can think of is the cast of Cars getting into a 47 car pileup orgy.

I mean...he kills people who've done terrible things. He means no harm to people who follow the fucking law, just like any other hero worth their salt. That he's more aggressive and pragmatic than Spidey and others doesn't mean he's a bad person.

At least he's not a hypocrite like 90% of the X-Men.

Yes. The system barely works. Bad people will find a way to hurt others wherever they are. The only way to stop them is killing them.

Imprisonment doesn't do the job well enough