Who was in the wrong?

Who was in the wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-sT4HZR9Pc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>ever getting mad

Homer was kind of a shit when he almost drank the acid for no reason and then blamed Grimes for throwing it at the wall to save him.

Everyone forgets that about the episode because it doesn't fit into their "but homer was a perfect angel this time" narrative.

What the fuck are you talking about? Homer's a bumbling, sanguine, moron. That's why we like him.

I've seen a lot of people on here say "Homer was really nice to him in this episode but he was just mad with jealousy" or similar shit.

Homer was well-meaning but extremely insensitive and, that's a far cry from a perfect angel.

And you need to rewatch the episode. Burns asked who threw the acid and Homer answered the question truthfully. Burns did not care that Grimes saved Homer's life.

Grimey was right.
Homer is funny to watch. Because he's not real.

Can you imagine working with someone like that?
Grimey is a real person in a cartoon world.
Then he dies trying to do cartoon shit

Yeah, that's my point. Both of them did tings that could be considered assholish, Grimes probably moreso by the end, but it seems people who love the episode just break it down to Homer good, Grimes bad.

From what I remember Homer just points at Grimes and says nothing else. Usually Homer isn't especially silent or 100% honest so even though he was technically telling the truth it still feels like a dodge so the new guy can take the fall.

And again, I don't have a problem with that since that at least is in character; I'm just saying there's this weird view of Homer being a great guy that some seem to have about this episode.

So perfect. But it was the beginning of the end.

That's a fantastic way of looking at it

One was stupid and the other one was a jerk. Pick which flaw is worse.

Homer then Frank

Homer didnĀ“t blame Grimes; he laughed off almosy dying which pissed Grimes off. THEN Burns walked by, saw the hole in the wall and asked who had done it. Grimes said he did, but before he could explain why Burns was already yelling at him and taking him to his office to yell at him some more.

yeah but in Homer's defense I doubt he got that Grimes would get in much trouble.

>It's my first day

This.

The worst Homer did was eat Grimey's lunch. And even after the troubles began, Homer was willing to offer the olive branch and try to make amends

>and then blamed Grimes for throwing it at the wall to save him.

That isn't what happened. Homer just laughed about it. Homer is annoying as fuck but he was always friendly. Frank was just a spiteful petty bitch.

>Everyone forgets that about the episode

Yeah, because it didn't happen

youtube.com/watch?v=-sT4HZR9Pc4

That is indirectly blaming him for it and not owning up to his role in it.

>That is indirectly blaming him for it

It's essentially what the creators say in the episode commentary

Okay, directly.

The writers.

The funny thing is this episode was seen as super mean-spirited when it came out. Now it's in the top 10 episodes for lots of people.