Is there still hope Sup Forums?

Is there still hope Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jbKNmcuPrFU
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/marvel-phase-4-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-confirmed-by-kevin-feige-a6985306.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why wouldn't there be? It has the most Based director of all time.

Nah, I'm hoping for an entertaining trainwreck.

The mid-credits scene in Dr. Strange made me giggle at least.

It's MCU Thor, absolutely not. They need to reboot the entire thing with different actors.

I actually liked the previous movie so I'm gonna say sure.

It's got Planet Hulk parts. Maybe have him bang some Shadow Pussy.

We can have Skaar Space Conan Stories.

But instead of Wizards shitting themselves which ends up getting them killed it'll be High Tech vs the big dude with the Sword who's going to beat your ass.

The mid-credit scene for Strange implied he'd have a part in this?
Can anyone confirm?

It's just rumors but giving that mid-cred scene, I'm pretty sure Strange wil have at least a cameo.
And I saw a photo from the set where Thor was holding a little piece of paper in his hand on which was written the street adress of Strange's house or something like that.

They STILL haven't changed the date for this movie yet? Jeez c'mon Marvel.

>>Director is scared to come to LA now cause the election
You fuckers...

Good.

best case scenario: its fun schlock
worst case scenario: it tries too hard to be fun schlock

not much can go wrong or right. its gonna be so-so

I take it this is Thor searching for the Sanctum, I guess this will be similar to Ant-Man where they showed the scene of Bucky, Cap & Falcon in Civil War in the credits.

We'll probably see an extended version of the Strange & Thor convo in Ragnarok then, maybe even crossing paths with Loki?

It's fitting given one of Doctor Strange's first comic crossovers was with Thor fighting against Loki. They had more in common there given that Thor's comic alter-ego is a doctor like him...

Why are you using the old logo?

Movie starts with Thor returning to Asgard after the events of AoU to learn more about the Infinity Stones[\spoiler]

Thor asks "Odin" (which is Loki) about the stones and possible late events that could link all the sudden manifestation of the Stones. Loki knowing that shit is coming thru with Thanos having himself worked for Thanos is inventing some bullshit to keep his cover. [\spoiler]

Thor goes on his own to try to know more about the stones. He then has a bro talk with Heimdall who actually seems to know a lot about the stones and the recent events in Xandar and Knowhere. He also seems to get a little weird when he talks about the stones. [\spoiler]

Thor and Heimdall figure out that "Odin" is a hack who is in fact Loki and go to face him. Loki is unmasked and the fight a bit before Thor gets the upper hand and make a deal with Loki in which he must help him find his father in NYC. [\spoiler]

Loki reveals what he knows about Thanos and what he is up to. Heindall reveals that he actually possess/is the Soul Stone. Thor makes a promise to Heimdall to protect him and to make sure that they stay best buds. Thor and Loki then goes on Earth to find Odin.[\spoiler]

In the roads NYC, the tension between Loki and Thor is in constant increase and they kinda fight sometimes, but it always finishes with some humoristic line or Thor getting pissed and telling Loki to get his shit together. Some random guy recognizes Thor and tells him that he knows the perfect guy to help the brothers in their quest and gives Thor the adress of Strange.[\spoiler]

Thor meets Strange and Strange accepts to help Thor find his daddy. Thor and Strange becomes best buds talking about achievements and cosmic stuff. They talk a bit about the Stones and Strange says that he already wielded the Time stones and Thor warns him about a the treat that is Thanos and says that they must stay keep in touch for self safety.[\spoiler]

cont

cont

They find Odin who his now a hobo making jokes and telling stories about all his adventures traveling in the realms to get lil money. Everyone seems to think he is a creep. When they find Odin, Loki goes full berserk and there is a fight that ends up with Loki vanishing.[\spoiler]

Meanwhile in Asgard, with no real authority left in Asgard, Hela, lord of the Underworld, seizes the opportunity to take over Asgard and take revenge on Odin’s family who cursed her to rule the dead for eternity. She manages with the help of Skurge to destroy the bifrost and to emprison Heimdall, keeping him alive for a specific reason. [\spoiler]

Then it is revealed that Hela is fully aware of the upcoming war that is about to begin with Thanos and that she may be a part of the Mad Titan’s big plan. She then reveals her plan to summon the demon Surtur to unleash death to the norse gods.[\spoiler]

Back on Earth, Thor and Odin are unable to call Heimdall to return to Asgard with the bifrost. But now good guy Dr. Strange tells them that he may be able to give them a ride to Asgard but that there may be complications. They go for it anyways but in the meantime some event occurs and Thor and Odin are separated on the trip.[\spoiler]

Thor lands on a devastated planet where he wanders a bit just before he gets ambushed by some aliens who conduct him to a big coloseum. Thor faces the Grandmaster who tells him that he’ll have to fight for his freedom. Some shit happens, Hulk appears in WWH costume, Valkyrie appears. Thor team up with Hulk and smash the hell out of everything. Thor tells Grandmaster that some shit is happening in Asgard and it may be linked with the Stones. Grandmaster doesn’t really gives a shit but let them go.[\spoiler]

cont

Odin lands on a devastated Asgard as Hela is beginning her endgame, summoning Surtur to lead an attack on Earth, thinking that Odin’s family is still there. She then captures Odin but decides to attack Earth anyway cause she no longer cares about death.[\spoiler]

Hulk and Thor manage to get to Asgard just as Hela arrives on Earth with her army of the dead lead by Skurge and Surtur. Thor prevails to set Heimdall free and goes on Earth with Hulk to fight Hela.[\spoiler]

Epic battle on Earth. Thor being almighty, Hulk smashing things (and Surtur), Strange kicks in to help. The too-powerful-to-be-in-civil-war trio gets the upper hand and Odin is rescued. Loki appears and tell Hela that she can no longer defeat them but that there is another way of get away with it, telling her that this is not the real battle. They then manage to escape.[\spoiler]

Thor, Odin and Strange now make a priority to find and protect all the Stones before Thanos gets his hands on them, knowing that something bigger than them is on the way. Odin and Thor return to Asgard where they are preparing for war. End credits.[\spoiler]

>[\spoiler]

Damn I completely fucked up

Sounds busy as fuck. The Hulk parts look incredibly forced in and this movie sounds like it should be at least three hours if it wants to have any decent pacing. There is a version of this that could be good but Marvel will probably fuck it up with ill-timed quips and bad pacing. I hope it's good because I am an MCU fan but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment either.

The plot is irrelevant. This movie will be kist like another Marvel movie. A filler.

The only Marvel movie that is important, it's the next one.

Is Beta Ray Bill in? No? Then the answer is also no OP
That sounds all over the place.

So, what's up with pic related, Sup Forums?

Is it Heimdall that has the Soul Gem?

We already know the Time gem is the Eye of Agamotto in Strange's Necklace.

>>Ragnorok
>>Asgard doesn't get destroyed
So much for "Being as impactful as the Winter Soldier"

What if the Soul gem is Mjnoir? Hammer.

>THAAOS

>Odin lands on a devastated Asgard as Hela is beginning her endgame.
It is destroyed.

If they really use Hela instead of Lady Death in Infinity War Im going to be pissed

In >Heimdall reveals that he actually possesses/is the Soul Stone.
Yea Heimdall has the Soul Gem, giving him orange eyes. Remember when he said "I see all the souls in the universe"?

>Necklace

Is this canon or just another "My dad works for Nintendo"?

I didn't like it...

Its gonna be thor and hulk in space fighting generic villain #300 and making their own interpretation of the planet hulk storyline and its implied dr strange and loki will be on it.

At its worst it will be the best thor movie.At its best a stupid fun movie with awesome character interactions.

Heimdall for H
Necklace for N

watching CWII made me really hype for Black Panther, that and Ragnarok (a little bit, only because of the Planet Hulk angle) are the only things I have any hype for

Hunt For The Wilderpeople basically gave Watiti a blank check in my eyes. I'll watch anything he makes at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=jbKNmcuPrFU

>CWII
CA:CW, sorry
I'm a comicsfag first and foremost

So we can all agree the Thor stuff is by far the weakest part of the MCU right? I would give that title to Hulk, but Im giving him some slack considering Universal is being a dick with the rights so not much can be done

They already namedropped the Living Tribunal in Strange, I won't be surprised if they introduce more of the pantheon and shit during the first Infinity movie, since it's supposedly going to be heavily focused on Thanos's origins.

The other big question would if they kill him or go for the farmer ending.

And here I was hoping they used the Soul Gem to revive Pietro. Oh well.

Dont worry user, here nothing is canon without sources

Well they already referenced Death, Eternity, and Infinity in GOTG. I just hope they actually commit to using them. Question is who do you cast for Death and what design would you use?

yo don't worry, Heimdall having the soul stone is just speculation at this point

I dont remember that

BEHOLD! All that was and whats to come, the stones brought together, the universe undone

If Eva Green isn't Death, i'll be pretty fucking upset. I don't really mind the design, a generic Morticia Adams dress would be enough I think.

There's also that one phrase about courting Death at the end of Avengers, though that may well be in a metaphorical sense.

Who's who in there?

>Eva Green
Holy shit are you me? Thats exactly who I want. I wouldnt mind if she looked a bit like her Deadpool The Game incarnation. Also to answer your question starting from top left going clockwise: Death, Entropy, Infinity, Eternity

The movie may suck but critics will give it a high rating and that will make people watch it.

I had a dream once that younger Winona Ryder played Death in Avengers 3. And the Beetlejuice theme played when she came on screen.

Eva Green would be great, though.

Thor 2 didn't get a high rating unless compared to DCEU movies

I mean, I doubt that it got leaked this early, but this does sound like a Marvel movie structure.

>oi fish and chips, flight of the concords mate brah, kiwi mate

what was marvel thinking

the thor scene at the end of Dr Strange was as good as, maybe better, than both previous Thor movies. I got faith

gimme that sweet as pie mate

> throw the baby out with the bath water.

Ctrl + S

>Not having faith in Taika

>Thor holds up that massive glass of beer
>Cuts to Strange for half a second
>Cuts back
>It's empty

I just saw it today, and it's one of my favorites already. Please tell me Sup Forums like sit too

My friend and I were freaking out at it. One of the best post-credits sequences in a long time. I'm glad they kept the fact that Strange would be in Ragnarok sealed tight until Dr. Strange came out.

No Bill, no watch

No, it's got some rugby nigger directing.

That is entirely the fault of the media

You can't possibly introduce Bill without giving him his own movie, and no matter how arrogant Marvel Studios becomes, they will never become confident enough to give what the public will percieve as "Thor, but he's a horse guy" his own movie.

Don't care. No Bill, no watch

Question on the Odinsleep.
Does he wake up with odinmorningwoods?
And odinhangover?
And odinbreakfast?

The Heart.

that logo so fucking 80s its great

Even the "Thor during Civil War" trailer was better than the second movie.

>3 most powerful MCU characters in one movie together
>hulk potentially confused by strange bending reality
>buddy space cop movie

What is not to love?

I'm ready.

Aether is the power gem

What? No. It was explicitly stated in GOTG that the orb was the power gem.

If the after-credits scene for Doctor Strange means that he'll be in this, yes. Yes there is.

Stronk black independent wommyn as Valkyrie, telling Thor to check his privilege?

Ask Batman.

I... I actually think that makes more sense than Thanos ever did for me.

This, the VHS-looking short, and the idea of a buddy movie with Thor and Hulk, got me more hyped than I'd like to admit.

The mid-credits scene in Strange confused me. Thor said Odin was missing, but isn't Loki impersonating Odin? Was Strange supposed to come out after Ragnarok or something?

That scene is obviously from Thor Ragnarok, like how the mid-credit scene from Ant-Man was taken out of Civil War. It's a teaser.

I think the Dr. Strange scene mid-credits scene was just a straight up clip from Ragnarok, just like Ant-Man's credits scene was a straight up clip from Civil War.

So, the whole Loki and Odin thing will make sense in the context of Ragnarok when it comes out.

Another pic, it's from the Art of the Guardians of the Galaxy and confirmed to be Entropy, Infinity, Death, and Eternity.

All this stuff will be thrown in our faces for the two Infinity War movies, and then they'll be gone forever. Shame, that.

How so? With Doctor Strange 2 and GotG 3 pretty much confirmed in Phase 4, cosmic won't die after Infinity War.

Phase 4 will remain a flickering mirage until I see the movie line-up.

Feige already confirmed GotG 3 and with how well Doctor Strange is doing at the box office (and Cucumber/Strange pretty much taking the place of RDJ-Man) I find it hard to believe he won't get a sequel.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/marvel-phase-4-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-confirmed-by-kevin-feige-a6985306.html

Wonder what they'll be about. I know enough about Doctor Strange to imagine what kind of stuff he'd get up to, but I don't know anything about Guardians outside the movies.

Derrickson said that if he'll still be the one doing Doctor Strange 2, he wants to use Nightmare.

Not sure about GotG 3, but I have a feeling Gunn won't be doing it. Could be a good time to introduce Richard Rider, the original script written by Perlman had him and Quill as the protagonists. However when Gunn rewrote it he took him out because he doesn't like the character.

I'm predickting Dick Rider, and the really out-there cosmic stuff that went down in GotG Abnett and Lanning with the Church of the Universe and all that

How could anyone hate Dick Rider? The name alone is awesome, and the Nova corps should be the Green Lanterns of Marvel.

Isn't the Church of the Universal going to be in GotG2? I honestly don't remember where I read, but I could swear I heard they'll be using it.

Or maybe I just read it here on Sup Forums on one of those bogus "my aunt's dog works for Marvel" threads.

Can you explain this shit to a complete casual?

>tfw your waifu is an immortal concept

Universal Church of Truth is a religious empire that worships Magus (Adam Warlock's evil self). From wiki

>The Church would generally show up at a planet offering true peace and harmony through faith. If accepted, the Church would peacefully take over. If not accepted, the Church would "purify" the planet, subjugating the population and exterminating any that would not willingly convert.

>The Guardians of the Galaxy worked numerous times to stop the Church from resurrecting the Magus, breaking open space-time fissures like the Fault, or simply conquering planets.

>The head of the Church was the Matriarch, ruling from a central planet generally called "Homeworld". Doctrine was enforced through the Church's Black Knights, and matters of law were subject to a Grand Inquisitor. Major battles were led by Cardinals.

Sweet, ennit?

Sounds like a pretty decent set-up, Adam Warlock's relevant to the Thanos stuff, isn't he?

We getting HE STOOD ALONE? Because thats the only reason im watching.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if they'll introduce him now. We don't have any casting news or anything and Gunn said the cocoon in the Collector's collection wasn't him.

But also, Debicki is playing Her/Ayesha/Kismet in GotG and it's kinda weird that they'd be using her without Adam Warlock.

Based on leaks, maaaaaaaaaybe?

Karl Urban implied it in an interview.

>“Well, it’s difficult for me to really comment about it because I haven’t started production yet, but I’m looking forward to getting on set,”… “For me, I read the script and it was a fun script and quite different than the previous Thor movies, and I was drawn to the appeal of working with Taika Waititi, the director. So, the coolest thing about Skurge? I think is probably his journey through the film. There’s change and there’s, he finishes the film in a different place than he starts and, as an actor, that’s always something you look for.”

Character development? In a Marvel movie? Bah!

I think character development is one thing they constantly do though, whether you enjoy how they doit or not.

>Thor goes from bratty royalty to humble hero in the first Thor
>Tony goes from arrogant dick to heroic arrogant dick to guilt-ridden broken man from Iron Man to Civil War
>Cap goes from heroic company man who wants to serve his country to a disillusioned hero that doesn't believe in authority anymore, to the point where he gives up the Captain America identity

And so on. Having a villain go through redemption and character development is not something they ever did though, so that should be interesting with Skurge.