toonami.tumblr.com/post/71271575067/toonami-merry-christmas-and-happy-holidays

Naruto story
pastebin.com/ZFvtJfNa

One Piece story
pastebin.com/uHJ1drHf

Tweeting info
pastebin.com/qbLzAeH6

New Samurai Jack season
toonami.tumblr.com/post/134405148218/adult-swim-is-excited-to-announce-that-jack-is

FLCL news
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-24/toonami-to-co-produce-2-new-flcl-seasons/.100222

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwhgHz3Fm3o
youtube.com/watch?v=QW7biq1XZDY
youtube.com/watch?v=_uyJMRCxVSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Explain in one complete sentence why you still watch Toonami.

CANNOT BE:
>it's comfy
>it's fun
>/tg/ are my only friends
>Sup Forums is cancer
>dude nothing else to do on saturday lmao

>Toonami will never air Esdeath ga Kill

>Toonami will never air Kill la Kill

>toonami will never air Secret Millionaires Club

>Toonami might air Propane Tank Z Kai
>Toonami might air Hank Hill's Regular Workday
>Toonami might air Propandum: Clean Burning Mechs
>Toonami might air Propane X Propane
>Toonami might air Hankruto: Proppuden
>Toonami might air One Grill
>Toonami might air Kick Your Ass Man

Time For Toonami.

>Toonami will never air Martha Speaks

>tfw lost most of my ragyo file

>Explain in one complete sentence why you still watch Toonami.
>CANNOT BE:
>Why you still watch Toonami

I still watch toonami because it pisses you off.

Those are pretty much the only reasons on the table tbqh

Ratings threads should be banned 2bh

>Ratings thread only kept alive by Trump's landslide victory

What level of smugness are you on?

OR

How butt blasted are you?

I want to see people react to jojo

what episode are we on now? Work's kept me from watching last week

I made a promise

Comfy movie was comfy. I recorded it on DVR and watched it today.

Gappy makes me happy.

For a while, it was just that I enjoyed at least one show on the block and wanted to laugh at the bad stuff in-between. The threads helped me enjoy/laugh at the shows with others.

Now, I have a weekly group to watch with and do the same, essentially, and then come back to the General since we're done before the block's over.

Or, in one complete sentence:
>I enjoy watching anime with others because it enhances my experience, positive or negative.

>Toonami is airing Dragonshit Z Kai
>Toonami is airing JuleJule's Bizarre Shitventure: Phantom Liquor
>Toonami is airing Mobile Shit Gundam: Shit Blooded Orphans
>Toonami is airing Shitter x Shitter
>Toonami is airing Naruto Shitpoopin
>Toonami is airing One Piece of Shit
>Toonami is airing One Drink Man

About half way through Part 1.

super smug

>we meme magic'd debts into the movie

We should just wait and post them here every week.

>meme magic was so strong near the end that even could harness it

The best time of the week has finally arrived! It will be a great capstone to a great week in general. Although, it is back to business as usual after how great last Saturday was.

Ratings guy here, ratings threads aren't going anywhere. If you want to bitch to someone it's the retards who bump it from page 10 every few hours

The entire movie was honestly the most genuine fun I had in these threads in years. For some reason just coming after One Piece and the rest of the block made it so comfy.

Man everyone is mad about this Ronald guy getting into some office.
Meanwhile I'm more mad Hulk lost Death Battle.

Danganronpa on Toonami when? The part 3 dub is worth it alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=MwhgHz3Fm3o

Where were you when the Trump Card worked?
Also
Where was the most pathetic death of Tatsumi? Anime or Manga?

I hardly care but finding out that possibly about 11,000 people voted for that fuck dead gorilla in protest and are surprised that didn't stop Trump from winning makes me realize the election was over before it began.

meanwhile, in Dragon Ball Super...

I missed last week's block, what happened?

Both candidates were awful I hope this is just a setback to see some real progress in 2020. The same year as the Tokyo Olympics. There's still some hope left!

Isn't the manga literally copying the anime now though?

Stop making them? Literally no discussion goes on, it's just an excuse to have a 24/7 thread up.

Most people had not watched it so it was totally new for like 99% of the people in the thread. Same reason Dandy was so much fun to watch with /tg/. Like half this thread's population has watched whatever normal show is on the lineup so there's little enthusiasm.

You know why the movie was so fun? Because most of us had never seen it. That's why the normal block is shit for fun and discussion, it's all casual shit everyone has seen or been spoilered on due to its popularity

because i have deep rooted emotional problems and crave attention and companionship.

you have my deepest condolences user-kun

Reminder:

>movie was obscure, most people hadn't watched it much less heard of it before Toonami announced it was going to air, it was a blind ride (thus a wild one) for most
>movie itself was okay, but absolutely ridiculous making for better "what the fuck just happened" discussion
>atmosphere reminded people of the "riskier", lesser-known, not-as-popular shows Toonami used to take back in 2012
>genuine funny inside jokes made during the movie that ended up being even funnier because of meme magic
>movie lore was so interesting that it got people talking and genuinely discussing it for hours after the block ended

The only way to really get around that would be to either do Dandy-esque simuldubs or to show subbed anime (which still wouldn't be a guarantee but it would significantly cut down on how many people have seen it since I know there's lots of toonamifags who refuse to watch subbed anime).

I'm not an American so it means little to me, but this got my sides obliterated
>social media memers meme up Harambe for months
>none of them are funny
>people take the meme to the polls
>now those very people who retweeted stupid fucking Harambe memes hate him now because they feel it cost them the election

The one time i decide to fucking go to bed early I miss a movie?
Fuck me....
The name's Children who Chase voices right?

well everything else funimation is doing a simuldub for this season has already started

meanwhile they haven't announced anything about mob psycho 100 other than they're doing a months late simuldub of it

so it better be on toonami or i'll be pissed at how long it's taking

It's tradition.

Why is Demarco such a cunt? It's like he waved a candy bar in our face and then took it away. DUDE BACK TO LONG RUNNERS NEXT WEEK LMAO

Literally just said I would not stop making them

>missed Toonami last week because family stuff saw Doctor Strange, not sure what to make of it
>turns out it was great

1: Funi
2: Toonami General can't handle such amount of despair, butthurt and madness. We're already having trouble with the memefest that is Jojo

I will rise like a rainbow phoenix senpai,mark my words.

Eating a whole bunch of humble pie.

At least now, I could see why people voted that way. I can at least empathize with them, for the most part.

Except for the ones who did it for the memes or because they hate minorities. Fuck them.

>not a skittles phoenix
do you even taste the rainbow

WE HAMON TONIGHT

Harambe is Baneposting for normies.

Mostly I think Gary Johnson supporters are gonna be hiding for a while, especially in Florida.

Longrunners make it very easy to program the block and these shows guarantee a minimum of acceptable ratings. Yes there's decay but it's very gradual and all he has to do to bump numbers back up is pick up a new show every now and then to give ratings a jolt.

You want to know some weird shit?

Attack on Titan. Now THAT got weird recently.

Not really, all they need to do is stop making all their pickups being ultra high popularity stuff like Jojo and OPM

But oh wait, that's not an option because every slot is locked down forever. Thanks Demarco!

>Is that the name of a stand?

Tastsumi died in the Manga? is it ending now?

>tfw no hyper drunk jolyne to hang out with

No he fused with his magic power and became a danger beast

I am predicting there will be AT LEAST 50 posts of REEEEEEE tonight on Jojo

So pretty much what your saying is fuck the original spirit of Toonami and just air shit so it doesn't die. Yea, that sounds like an AS owned piece of programming

Sorry,all of my brain power has gone toward satisfying my milf :^)

I'm from a family who hated Bush during 9/11, so naturally we're not too happy. I kinda accepted he'd win a long time ago though.

>see someone in a rainbow cape on campus
>later find out they're a friend of a friend, they did it to gauge whether to say in the south
>claim they were called a faggot before their first class, going back up north

That sound terrible

Because I can't watch Bionix anymore.

Ok is it just me or did that last exchange not make even a tidbit of sense?

Too keep it alive, plus we got One Punch, Jojo, and Dandy, so it ain't all bad.

it's because the first line was an outtake that was mistakenly used instead of the actual line when it was first uploaded

>Watching JumJum's Belated Anniversary outside of Standing parts

It's not just you, that dialog is a fucking blooper Funimations hilariously bad QC didn't catch so it went out as the official episode. It got fixed, but all the stream sites will always have that version

Short story was
>Caitlin Glass character "dies" halfway through
>except she didn't
>final part of the last episode is that scene and she hadn't been brought up to speed on her character being alive still

I'm Joseph Joestar levels of smug right now.

d-don't sass me

I'm a bit down about it but otherwise fine. I just really worry you know, about things.

Because it's fun and I have nothing else to do on saturdays

I put 20 grand on the Don winning, so not only am I smug as fuck, but I'm also rich as fuck too

also I'm relieved as fuck because that 20k was a bank loan, my butthole has been clenched tight for weeks

Except they're now dependent on those picks to revitalize interest in the block every few months because nobody would continue to watch this block for a handful of longrunning shows they've already seen at least once over.

How does Funimation stay afloat? I really don't understand

How about I ass youinstead?

Most of the others went down before them already? Anyone miss Pioneer/Geneon?

youtube.com/watch?v=QW7biq1XZDY

It's been said already, but I really don't see how the block survives with 1 show swapping out every 6 months. Jojo is doing ok, but as expected it's not connecting with casuals so far because it's not like the memes, so it's not saving anything

Mostly because licensing isn't a very crowded industry and as bad as they are their competition isn't that much better than them.

That dub line reel explains it pretty well, if more people were giant weebs then maybe they'd give a fuck

It's no domobics
youtube.com/watch?v=_uyJMRCxVSM

Look at the ratings m8. They've been holding steady for like a year. As boring as /tg/ says it is now, the main audience clearly disagrees. Obviously the block's popularity has waned from the glory days of 2012-13 but its ratings are holding at an acceptable level right now. Don't expect anything to change as long as the ratings remain stable like this. It would take a drastic tanking of the average, or of programs that have held steady for years, to cause Demarco to panic into making changes.

>It's been said already, but I really don't see how the block survives with 1 show swapping out every 6 months.
The costs are low and Toonami does solid ratings for its time slot, especially for non-sports related stuff.

they're using the old ADV staff as an energy source.

o-oh my

In the dubbing industry there's no such thing as real high quality, there's just different flavors of shit. Funi's brand of shit isn't really all that much worse than the other flavors on the market. Their company is run by assholes and dipshits, yes, but it's not a super competitive market.

A bit late but

Tonight's schedule
8:00 - Steven Universe "Last One Out of Beach City/Onion Gang/The Return/Jailbreak"

9:00/3:30 - Bob's Burgers "Easy Com-mercial, Easy Go-mercial"
9:30/4:00 - Bob's Burgers "Presto Tina-O"
10:00/4:30 - American Dad "Great Space Roaster"
10:30/5:00 - American Dad "100 A.D."
11:00 - Family Guy "April in Quahog"
11:30 - Family Guy "Brian and Stewie" (the fucking vault episode)

12:00 - Intruder 3 Part 2
12:00 - DBZ Kai "Unleash the Warrior Within! Gohan Takes the Offensive!"
12:30 - Jojo's Bizzare Adventure "Overdrive"
1:00 - Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans "To the Place of Return"
1:30 - Hunter x Hunter "Arrival x at x the Arena"
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden "Banquet Invitation"
2:30 - One Piece "Silent Assault!! The Mysterious Visitor, "Tyrant" Kuma"
3:00 - One-Punch Man "Obsessive Scientist"

5:30 - KOTH "When Cotton Comes Marching Home"

I watch Toonami because I want to see if they'll end up getting something I haven't seen already.

They've only pulled this off in the first year.

And it wasn't till April that we started long runner abuse. We just got into Jojo, we have no idea what this amount of long runners will do to ratings since we only recently got locked down. Ratings are trending downwards, it's not landslide but they have been going down. Only time will tell how the block fares after we get the Gundam replacement then go 6 months without any swap outs

except for shit like One Punch Meme killing the block for everything that comes after it

at least now its in the garbage slot where it can't do any more damage

how many episodes of IBO left

space dandy?

Five including tonight's, before Season 2 begins