Last Jedi Character Is LGBT

Discuss.

>The new novel Leia: Princess of Alderaan by Claudia Gray includes a passage that heavily implies the character Amilyn Holdo (played by Laura Dern in The Last Jedi) is bisexual, which would make her the first openly LGBT individual seen onscreen in a Star Wars film. Diversity and representation is a hot button topic in the film industry these days, and Lucasfilm has been at the forefront of promoting it in big budget tentpoles.

>In the book (which is set prior to the events of A New Hope), there is a moment where Leia and Holdo are having a conversation, joking about the possibility of an interspecies relationship:
>“A pair of pretty dark eyes.” Then Amilyn thought about that for a moment. “Or more than a pair, if you’re into Grans. Or Aqualish, or Talz. Or even – ”
>“That’s all right! Leia said through laughter. “It’s just humanoid males for me.”
>“Really? That feels so limiting.”
>“Thank goodness it’s a big galaxy.”

screenrant.com/star-wars-8-holdo-laura-dern-lgbt-character/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0scImICHU14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based Sup Forumsbros will lose their shit

What about R2 and C3PO?

Here comes the laughs

>Diversity and representation is a hot button topic in the film industry these days

Why?

Also coincidentally the movie biz has never seen dire straits this bad. Really makes you think.

>passage that heavily implies
>the first openly LGBT individual

That does not compute

Holy shit, a character is implied to be gay in a side novel? this is just as bad as, if not worse than, having a flamingly gay character have gay sex before getting gay married before enacting a gay agenda on the big screen as i shovel popcorn into my face

Here come the triggered alt-right manbabies to cry about a line in a book only a few thousand people will ever read. But you're totally not homophobic or anything, right guys?

Well the new movies are shit so it doesn't surprise me it can get worse.

You forgot about the first gay character in Star Wars.

She's also one of the villains, but I guess the triggersquad won't take that into account.

You've seen the movie already, pal?

No, just the script.

>Holdo fucks Leia
>Leia dies because of it as its actress is dead anyways
>Gay sex is a cause of death in SW universe

please do this

Really, where is it?

Whenever I see Lucasfilm or Marvel in writing nowadays, I just replace it with Disney in my head.

Reddit and other forums. It isn't at all talked about anymore because people fell for the "it's fake lmao" meme just like with GoT S7.

Doesn't that suggest she's just as likely to be into beastiality

there are dozens of leaked script, it's impossible to know the truth except the fact that is copying ESB and it will be dogshit

Laura Dern looks rough.

Poor thing.

>in a galaxy with hermaphroditic frog people that sword joust with their dicks and shove micro asteroids up their assholes to stimulate ovulation
>a human being attracted to the same sex is a big deal

His relationship with Obi-wan was clearly tsun as fuck.
C'mon he died in his arms:
youtube.com/watch?v=0scImICHU14

>book hints at
>openly on screen

why would anyone fucking care? it's way too late, they can fuck the corpse of the franchise howerever they want, i still have the old trilogy with me, which will never get old