Who could defeat the Grinch when his heart becomes 3 times bigger?

Who could defeat the Grinch when his heart becomes 3 times bigger?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KBIdcUxdgo0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

13 Grinches or something with the equivalent strength of 13 Grinches.

How strong is a single Grinch? If we assume that he's the only one then does this mean his strength is multiplicative?

In fact does this mean that "strength of 10 grinches plus 2" indicates that the Grinch becomes infinitely stronger the larger his heart becomes?

Cardiomegaly

The real question is if the heart thing is a 1:1 upgrade, as in a heart that is doubled in size worth 2 or more grinches, or is it like a massive exponential, like 1 increase in size gives him the strength of 100 grinches

well are we defining size by volume or diameter? or mass?

The Grinch with a 3x bigger heart may have the pure STR advantage, but he would lose to a normal Grinch. A normal Grinch is far more cunning, deceitful, and resourceful than a Good Grinch. Good Grinch lacks a normal Grinch's sense and self awareness. He wouldn't stand a chance.

Basically anyone with a gun. We live in an age where personal strength has been obsoleted if you do not also have inhuman durability. And even then, it has to be equivalent to multiple inch thick steel.

Heart failure.

Let's see, the average family buys presents at about 50 pounds per child (if we're going by weight statistics by economic spending) and there were a minimum of 50 Who's down in Whoville according to the tie-in novels. So that's about 2500 pounds that the Grinch is lifting right there.

Cheese ray

Sam I Am with Green Eggs and Ham

You need to take into account the Grinch didn't just steal the presents, he stole everything they had, the tree, the ornaments, he only left a crumb not even big enough for a mouse(and he went back for that too)

>he would lose to a normal Grinch.

I think this is correct.

>50 pounds of presents per child
jesus christ

Batman with preptime

the ghost of ODB

Bump just because I'm enjoying the back and forth.

this

>In fact does this mean that "strength of 10 grinches plus 2" indicates that the Grinch becomes infinitely stronger the larger his heart becomes?
At some point, Grinch becoms so powerful, his power shakes and terrorizes those around him, causing him to withdraw back into himself.
He becomes cruel and vicious, but weaker, somehow the lesser of two evils than his caring, powerful self.

I fucking hate this board

threads like this are how we got the Hulk's weight in bees

If we can calculate the largest heart size without succumbing to we will achieve the ultimate Grinch.

youtube.com/watch?v=KBIdcUxdgo0

and we hate you!
*pulls out gun and shoots you*

What IS the Hulk's weight in bees?

Better yet, what is Hulk Hogan's weight in Grinches? I bet it's 2.308 grinches.

Goku, with his Kaioken 3 times bigger

To be fair statistics like that are always misleading. Like, let's say a 16 year old (that still counts as a child) receives a car for Christmas because their parents are rich as fuck. That car, which weights likely thousands of pounds, is going to heavily skew the data.

Now, the Grinch positively towers over Cindy Lou Who (who is no more than two), so let’s say he’s my height, roughly 2m tall. He’s approximately 52 pixels high in the original screen capture of that image, which works out to about 0.04m/pixel. Using that as the scale, the sack he’s standing on is 6.6m high, and the sled full of loot is 9.6m long. It’s hard to estimate the depth of the sled, but let’s say it’s roughly 4.5 m deep, a bit less than half as wide as it is long.

Treating the sacks as a giant rectangular solid, then, we would have a volume of 285 cubic meters of stuff. To convert this into a mass, we need an estimate of the density; the simple and easy density figure to remember is that water has a density of 1 g/cm3, or 1000 kg/m3. So, at the density of water, the Grinch’s sled has a mass of 285,000 kg.

Of course, water’s pretty heavy, and a lot of what’s in those sacks is considerable lighter, so let’s guess and average density of about a third that of water, and call it 100,000 kg total. Since he’s lifting that with the strength of twelve Grinches, that means a single Grinch could lift 8,333 kg. That’s around 32 times the clean and jerk lift world record, so you do not want to mess with a Grinch.

Popeye.

I was actually thinking the exact opposite looking at those posts tbqh.

Ok, first of all we have to find some value for the weight of the sleigh. I was not able to find any data on the average population size of a city, but that may be because of the definition of "city". But for simplicity, we take an average of about 50'000 inhabitants per city.

According to this statistic by gallup, americans spend about $720 each on christmas presents. This means that our average town will spend a collective $36M on presents.

Now in terms of weight, this is a tricky question. I chose Amazon.com as a guide, which neatly gives me the most popular gifts per category link. These are:
Cards against Humanities at $25/pc., 1.8lbs
Guardians of the Galaxies Blu-Ray at $25/pc., 0.22lbs (with case)
Laugh out Loud Jokes for Kids at $3/pc., 0.18lbs
Taylor Swift 1989 Album at $12/pc., 0.15lbs.

Now I assume that all presents consist of equal parts of the aforementioned ones. Thus I can average and find that $1 will buy you 0.0496lbs worth of gifts. Therefore, an entire city, spending $36M will weigh in at 1'786'415lbs.

At this point I am switching to metrics, therefore we have a total weight of ~8.1 x 105 kg.

Part two:

Now those were the presents. The Christmas trees are another question:

The average household in the US consists of 2.54 persons source, therefore we have about 19'700 households in our generic city. Let's assume that 2/3 of them get a christmas tree. As for the average weight, I have not found agreeing data, but I guess this has a lot to do with where you live (as in different trees grow in different areas). A compromise can be made and the weight is assumed to be 25kg each. This means that the total mass of the christmas trees of the city is 19'700 x 2/3 x 25 = 3.28 x 105 kg

Lastly, the christmas decorations. Usually, ornaments do not weigh a lot. The only things with significant weight are fairy lights, weighing in at about 0.3kg each. But let us assume every houshold uses a total of 1kg of christmas decorations on average. That means that the total of 19'700 kg are added to the balance.

Now, lets add up all the contributions: 81 x 104 + 32.8 x 104 + 1.97 x 104 = ~ 115 x 104 kg or 1'150 metric tons.

Let us assume that the sled needs to have at least 10% of that weight in structural weight, therefore the total weight of sled and cargo will come in at about 1260 tons.

The downward force exerted by this sleigh under normal gravity conditions will be F=1'260'000 x 9.81 = 12'360 kN.

There were twelve grinches lifting the sleigh. This means that every single one of them had to lift 12'360/12 = 1'030 kN. or again, under normal conditions, this corresponds to a weight of ~105 metric tons.

tl;dr Grinch can lift more than you. 3xHeart Grinch can lift MUCH more than you

>who is no more than two
I don't know why this made me laugh so much

But hey, that's just a theory. A >Grinch Theory

When Link has 12 hearts, does he have the power of 12 Links x 4, or 12 Links squared? How many Link-hearts does it take before a Link can overtake a single-heart Grinch?

Beowulf

Well a Link with 3 hearts is 12 times as powerful as a normal Link because his hearts tripled, so a Link with 9 hearts is 12 times as powerful as a Link with 3 hearts. That means a 9 heart link is as strong as 144 Links. A 12-heart Link would be 192 Links in strength.

As for Link's relative strength to a Grinch, using the calculations stating a Grinch can lift 105 metric tons we can see that a single Grinch is 72 times as powerful as a 1-heart Link, equivalent to a Link between 5 and 6 hearts.

I'd take a dare and say, he's as strong as Four Links when at 12 hearts. Different heart to power ratios and all.

Wait, so what boards don't do this?

Big Match John

Physics/maths discussions in cartoons are so unfunny.

Maybe the once-ler, with all his money, he could probably hire like 100 grinches to beat him.

Therein lies the issue, though. There's only one Grinch.

Cardiac arrest, given that his heart has just expanded to a size that the rest of his body isn't used to dealing with and that he almost immediately strained his entire muscular system to lift that entire sleigh full of Christmas crap.

The Grinch is going to feel a bit numb during the feast of the Roast Beast, and then collapse.

Cardiac arrest.

If the heart is bigger the bullets get harder to dodge.