Try to name a better character than Lee in the comics. I fucking dare you

Try to name a better character than Lee in the comics. I fucking dare you

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aJtlUYgzRmE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was a black man in the Walking Dead franchise so he had no chance

Straight busta

Holy Christ, all of the non-kenny and clem characters in season 2 were morons. I wish Lee was around to knock some sense into those people.

This one guy in the prison, I forgot his name (Andrew I think) but I think he was the only prisoner that was actually a good guy and helped the group in everything they needed.

And then he was killed when the governor got grumpy.

Fucking Jane. What a cunt

Axel was the best prisoner. Everyone else was shit

I only picked up the gun expecting to shoot her

Luke was good

I liked Luke. His death was dumb.

ask not for whom the bell tolls

it tolls for Lee

The entire cabin group were morons. If there was anything Carver was right about is them being incompetent.

Season 2 was a mistake, they should have went with Luke vs Kenny like from the beginning. Jane would have made a much better sacrifice during the thin ice scene whilst putting intense strain on Luke's relationship towards Kenny.

it's like the writers forgot how to create narrative and character development, or probably didn't have any knowledge of in the first place considering this was the "b team".

Luke. Luke was great.

Also, I chose to shoot Kenny.

Seriously fuck Kenny

yeah, fuck the only competent person you've ever come across.

Jane was fine as a foil to Kenny. Kenny was obsessed with tribalism and having a core group and Jane was very much an individualist trying to convince herself that there was no point in caring for other people because they will fail you.

Both are complete scumbags. Kenny was perfectly happy to sacrifice people outside his group to get a shot at killing Carver and was trying to sabotage Carver's base and let the zombies in.

Jane stole from Arvo's only means of protection and intentionally left him helpless against zombies and was kept telling you not to stick your neck out for people who won't take care of themselves.

I don't think Walking Dead of all series needs you to have a binary morality choice.

> Muh Family!

> Muh Boat!

> Muh Wellington!

Kenny was a mistake

> Muh Family!

> Muh Boat!

> Muh Wellington!

Kenny was a mistake...

>tfw playing in black and white

Truly the best way to experience the games

Both Jane and Kenny were shit, but by the end of it I still stood by Kenny. You know, because he didn't leave a fucking baby out in the goddamn cold!

I kept expecting to eventually have Jane tell us she didn't have to leave her sister behind, but that she did it so she wouldn't die.

Jane's willingness to be friendly to wards us would've made more sense if we were just a second chance for her to actually save someone.

Double Dubs don't lie

who /cutoffarm/ here?
I thought it would save him D:

Lee's death was so anti-climactic it drags down the entire season

I wanted to ride luke's dick.

But yeah, fuck everyone else.

>thinking your decision matters in a TTG game

You should've realized it didn't after the first 3 episodes

CARVER WAS RIGHT

If I knew nothing else about Kenny the fact that Sup Forums has all but canonized him would've been enough for me to be sure he was a shit.
On the plus side it's thanks to him that I call people "shitbirds" now.
Either way he'll die at the start of season 3 even if you saved him because Telltale. Jane too.

So many tasteless plebs in this thread.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aJtlUYgzRmE

After learning about lee's death, I lost any desire to play the game. Just seems like such a waste. Plus, his death was so... unfortunate. And Clementine's fault, holy shit.

All of them?
Clem was pretty stupid in season 2 but she was a kid
fun tidbit Luke was suppose to be the fight/showdown with Kenny at the end of season 2 but the forums didn't like him going as far as calling him a creeper and what not, in a panic to ensure word of mouth and keep retards like OP posting about their game they swap it with Jane who was getting constant praise (at the time) on those same forms.
really season 2 just showed that without the emotional manipulation of season 1 they just can't keep an audience

I doubt they will kill him because he and Clem are all they have to manipulate the old fans of the series, cut them out and they have no grounds of a fandom.
Bluntly my issues with TTG is they suck at narrative at a Quantum Dream level.

>want to escape city
>have a broken down RV that needs parts
>with group after adventure with cannibals
>find a abandon car near the RV full with supplies
>even has keys in the ignition
>make everyone who is weak and tried carry boxes of supplies back to base and leave the car there
>never go back to strip it's engine for parts
>"oh noes the guy is stalking us! How that happen?"
I mean for fucksakes this is what I expect out of a middle school writing not someone that's paid for it.

I don't see how anyone could defend TWD's writing besides "muh emotions" Even in season 1, the plot was pretty directionless and it just killed off people at random. And we all know season 2 was a fucking trainwreck. What was the appeal here?

The entire game we were lead to believe it was Clem's, when in fact it was Lee's smile that needed protecting

Kenny was also constantly beating a kid for almost no reason. He gets an extended death scene with sad music. Most people chose to shoot him anyway. It's safe to say that the narrative was biased against him.

I dunno about Sup Forums, but after sticking with Kenny for most of S1 and finally having him and Ben go off at each other in ep5 and then square things out was amazing. Easily my favourite scene in that game.

>mfw I thought those gun practices would pay off
Fucking Sarah holy shit

forgot my face

Is that a smile?

2010-2013 was a weird time in gaming where games that you got to play a daddy protector to a young girl was all the rage.

I don't see why anyone would buy season 3 after this shit though.

They might not, keep in mind that TTGs reputation is slowly getting worse. The Batman game while receiving good sales isn't getting good word of mouth, actually most are doing worse then disliking it and are just saying it's forgettable.

Did this start right after the Minecraft game?

I think the Batman game has been pretty good so far, but the Game of Thrones one was complete garbage.

What the bad reputation? Nah that was at the mess of season 2 and the super delay of Wolf Among Us. Game of Thrones further pushed dislike and the Minecraft story mode more or less just went under the radar because again like Batman it was not offensive but completely forgettable.
What's really happening is they are becoming a one trick pony and basically whatever is your first TTG played you can say you have played them all.

Tales from the Borderlands is the only good game they've made since TWD season 1.

>inb4 >Borderlands

>good game they've made since TWD season 1.
Like this user said , they're all the same. I think TWD's positive reception was only due to the time and the place.

>he chose Jane over Kenny
>he killed Kenny

>He didn't trust Jack
>He glassed the Woodsman
>He didn't save Harvey

I played my Lee to try to save everyone every time even when they were shitbirds like Ben and I transferred that over to Clem in Season 2. That is, until Sarah. I tried to take her under my wing. Be her big little sister and even saved her the first time when she almost got us all killed and Jane was talking all kinds of shit. I just couldn't be bothered to try when the deck collapsed even though she was screaming for me to save her. I think that was a good moment of development even if the circumstances surrounding it were retarded.

Season 2 plays better if you played Lee as a hardass who cared about his people and didn't tolerate shitheads like Ben or crazies like those cannibals.

>just couldn't be bothered to try when the deck collapsed even though she was screaming for me to save her.
You're messed up, man.

Anyone. Lee doesn't really have a character. He's a blatant surrogate.

which Lee?
The asshole, the pussy or the realist?

If by "didn't tolerate" you mean "didn't let live", no I tolerated him until the game decided he could no longer be tolerated, but that doesn't mean I just let him get away scot free for being retarded. I also butchered the cannibals and abandoned that murderous bitch. Kenny hated me the entire game for not caving the old man's skull, even though I saved his kid and sided with him in the drugstore. I actually liked Lee's complicated relationship with him for the rest of the game because of that.

I put a lot of effort into saving Sarah the first time and almost got everyone killed trying to do it. And that time there wasn't even anything physically restraining her. The second time was even more fucked, and I could no longer justify risking other people's lives to save her, throwing good money after bad, so to speak. I guess Carver was right. We weren't so different, me and him.

She could have easily been saved the second time though. Even if you get Jane to go in and try to help her, she just goes "meh" and gives up. Fuck this dumb writing.

From what I can tell, Jane's a weak piece of shit and is only good at rogue talents. She shouldn't have been the one they sent down anyway.

I like complicated but it never added up.You could side against or for Kenny all the way up to the salt block but that one choice forged you're friendship with him which is unrealistic as fuck, more so if you sympathized with his actions(right for the wrong reasons) or even the flip and was begging to toss his kids to the zombies but you agreed on salt drop. Even all the way to Clem getting kidnapped, if you don't show your bite he will basically abandon Clem all because of a single issue he had with Lee.
That was always my issue with TTG Walking Dead all the way up to the end was they clearly had a single vision but hope you just played that very specif way to the end and if you didn't the whole story was just put on it's side and made no sense.

It's just bad writing through and through

But what happens is that she can lift her up but there's a board on her. She lifts up the board and she freaks out for a second. Instead of pushing the board to the side and pulling her up, she just leaves the board in the same position and then gives up.

Or just send someone else down, yeah.

Almost every death in TWD is contrived as fuck. Carley also comes to mind.

Carley is a victim of lazy writing where the whole scene was made for Doug's death first but they didn't want to copy paste it with Carley but they didn't have the convection to make it completely unique/believable so she basically gets executed because Lilly suddenly hates her. Frankly I rather have had a clone of Doug's death where she blocks the shot with her body and dies the hero like Doug did.

>Tfw you left a catatonic Sarah at the trailer and hear her screams as she's eaten alive
I've never felt more disgusted with myself for being an edgelord

The black guy who died needlessly during the rescue of glenn and maggie was cool too

I was talking about her death at the drugstore but that too. Lily just fucking murdering her for being annoying is so OOC.

Oscar.

Poor Oscar.

>almost no reason
>Leading his band of armed Russians to rob your group which includes a little girl, a woman who just gave birth and a baby and either kill all of you or leaving you to starve in a snowstorm
>Kenny why are you so mad? You're crazy and unhinged for wanting to kill this guy who was gonna kill us
If I could've I would have killed that crippled shit right there and Luke would still be alive

This is a flaw of the writing once again but it's implied that Jane stole his medicine from him even if you tell her not to. Also, you killed his entire group (somehow without a single person in yours dying) and kept him around just to beat him.

There's no real way to justify this, user.

>Also, you killed his entire group (somehow without a single person in yours dying)

That was weird. They kill your companions in all sort of bullshit ways, but the one time you expect some of your mates to be killed, they all survive without a scratch.

Realistically, that would have never happened. They were all standing out in the open.

They could have killed Luke or Nick in that scene, but then you wouldn't have a reason to hate Bonnie and Sarah for getting them killed.

I don't think Sarah got Nick killed. Even then, that's optional. I hate how Telltale plays around with realism in its (lack of) storytelling when it's so divisive at other times.

Nick only died (at least in my playthrough) because he was one of the people who went after Sarah to save her.

Her imbecility got him killed.

I don't think that's made a point or anything though. Season 2 just kind of forgot half of its characters before it killed them.

Yet somehow didn't kill anyone the one time it was really warranted.

Sometimes I think that the only thing that's required to get praised for "good writing" is to not have gameplay.

It was definitely bad writing, I'm just sick of people giving Kenny shit for wanting to kill Arvo. Speaking of bad writing, when Black guy and Bonnie later decide to join this kid who tried to rob/kill your group because Kenny is supposedly too much to deal with still makes me mad

>I'm just sick of people giving Kenny shit for wanting to kill Arvo.
He literally just wanted his medicine back and got his friends killed. Then he constantly gets beaten. There's no way to defend this especially since he never just shoots him.

I don't know, user. This whole game is dumb so it's hard to have an actual debate on character motivations without flat-out just criticizing the writing.

Season 2 was fucked from the beginning. You make a choice, the game is dumb for treating a child like an adult.

You make a choice and it's overruled because you're a child. It's dumb for doing that too.

>He literally just wanted his medicine back and got his friends killed
>therefor it's ok for him to bring his armed goons to rob/murder you
Realistically Arvo's group would have gotten most of you killed and left the rest of you to freeze to death without supplies in the snowstorm,
but you know...
>This whole game is dumb so it's hard to have an actual debate on character motivations without flat-out just criticizing the writing.

>I'm going to leave a baby alone in a cold car, surrounded by zombies. For laughs.
>To prove that the mentally challenged redneck will go into a tard rage when babby is implied to be dead
>See, Im right! He does flip out when kids are endangered/abandoned to die for no reason! You should shoot him for that, child who he would also go equally retarded to protect!

It's OK to rob you if you stole something from them- he just wanted the medicine back. In real life, it didn't have to escalate anywhere after they said Jane fucked off but "dur hur the baby"

I get what Jane was trying to prove but holy fuck did she do it in the wrong way. Absolutely retarded

Not defending Jane but the car wasn't surrounded by zombies. The area was pretty empty and the cold slowed them down.

She was trying to prove Kenny is an emotional retard who would go ape shit to protect kids

I knew this about as long as I've known Kenny, and this was the entire reason I was nice to Kenny as Clem, despite being a dick to him as Lee. Pure self interest.

If Janes willing to die to prove that my survival strategy is right, fine, but triple fuck her for endangering a baby to show the obvious

Negan.

They really need to make that TF2 game.

If Russians came to kill me in a snowstorm because some bitch I didn't even like supposedly stole their medicine I wouldn't give a shit about their motivations or how sad it was that they got their bag of trashcan drugs stolen from them, everybody you know and love could have been killed.

>In real life, it didn't have to escalate anywhere
>you're on dirty road in a snowstorm, barely clinging on to life
>people with tattooed faces point ak's in your face and shout at you in Russian, Some kid you don't even know says some chick that's no longer in your group stole from them
>therefor give us all your stuff or we murder you
>this won't escalate

it was still an abandoned car in a snowstorm during a zombie apocalypse, not really the best environment to leave a newborn baby in if you ask me

I'm just saying it's understandable for them to do it in the first place and that Arvo wasn't always a shitbird.

Yeah, but Kenny said that Jane fucked off with their shit and showed contempt for her. It's not like she could have still been with the group because where the fuck where would she be? The group didn't even have anything on them at that point anyway so there'd be no reason for them to attack other than something contrived- like a zombie waking up near a baby and some stupidly shooting it instead of running over to get it.

I know, I agree. I'm just saying that the zombie thing isn't true.

*someone
Fuck.

Most gameplay-free games that get praised for "good writing" are SJWish indie games.

Telltale doesn't fit into that category, so why do they keep getting a free pass after year of doing the same thing over and over?

I did it on my first playthrough.
Turns out it could've worked if Lee would've amputated it sooner. Then again none of them knew about it at that point.

I decided to opt against it on my second, and decided to amputate it again on my most recent playthrough in preparation for S3.

If you really look at it Lee's arc was meant to teach Clementine. About survival, morality, walkers... Since Lee dies either way, it's better for him to teach Clem one last thing about the pathogen I figured.

I would like Kenny but when he "got really lucky" is just fucking bullshit.

>He didn't kill both of them

Because "muh feels"

Is the "A team" back for the third "season" of TWD or is the B Team still doing it?

Season 2 was fucking retarded.

>A large contingency of adults trust an 11 year old girl to do everything for them

I didn't know anything about Walking Dead when I played the first game so I didn't think that would work...not to mention that it had been so long it obviously wasn't going to help anyway.

No reason to lose your hand in your last hours of being useful.