Why is the Gulf War barely ever talked about?

Why is the Gulf War barely ever talked about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLHVQUTrgvM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Marshes
youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8
youtube.com/watch?v=djwPqAJ_3GY
youtube.com/watch?v=a0TK_vk-XDM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because nothing happened and it made HW look like a bitch.

Because it was a war that no one wanted fought, fought by people who no one wanted there. If you want to bring it up again and embarrass yourselves then go ahead.

have you ever read up on it?
at one point the USA had 1000+ aircraft in the air at once.
We had 15+ special forces units deployed at the same time.
We basically rekt shit and left

Exactly. We rekt shit then left. It wasn't a difficult prolonged campaign, hardly any Americans died and it was pretty much universally agreed to be a good move. It's boring to talk about

kok

>pretty much universally agreed to be a good move

you dont get out much, do you?

because it was like two weeks long and was an absolute massacre.

This

And then half of the veterans are those homeless people you see today.

This is also where we were using depleted uranium shells and gave tons of people cancer. We don't like to acknowledge that.

Amerilards playing it down but they got so traumatized there is an actual syndrome named after that war.

Read up on the highway of death. After American marines BTFO Saddam all of his units started to rush back to Baghdad to protect the manlet. They were bombed so badly half of the trucks and armor didn't make it. Then the marines btfo Saddam again

We still use them and there's no real evidence that it caused anything

same goes for most of the military. five years of combat produces zero practical skills that are transferable in the workplace.

"but i learned discipline!"

you can learn discipline by practicing the fucking piano or working hard in school.

it's a truth many people don't want to acknowledge.

depleted uranium shells are not maliciously radioactive. stop playing command and conquer generals.

Because we absolutely shit stomped Iraq.

>were

Still use DU Raounds because its dense as fuck.

Its no more harmful then say lead would be.

At least post an actual gulf war picture

Because it took 2 weeks to wipe out the 3rd largest army in the world.

They lied to start it just like round two.
The kikes are really brazen.
Got you to fight 5 wars in the Middle East without spending a single dime.

Forgot my pic

Really fucking brazen.

So true or false: The Iraq military was in Kuwait.

Its True tho.
The UN approved the anglo-amercian intervention.

>Saddam trues to take over a shit ton of oil because he can't manage an economy
>it's a good idea to let it happen

Do you even know what war is anymore Nordcucks?

Wtf I hate America now.

Yes there are, but you say they're unscientific because not american.

Unquestionably there should have been trials for this.

It was a war for bankers and bankers won.

They don't want to bring attention to their actions about baking like fucking Egypt.

And? Why was that an American concern? Or ours for that matter, since we took part as your allies?

You fought a war in the name of democracy to restore a dictator to power in Kuwait.

Let that sink in.

A veteran can become a police officer???

Just enlisting into the military sets you up for a job as a police officer.

Private security, especially for important people if you're bad ass enough (sf\ranger or lots of combat experience)

Desert Storm was the most lopsided war in history.

we didn't fight it in the name of democracy. we fought it because one of our allies was in trouble and needed our help.

>Its no more harmful then say lead would be, so they say.

ftfy

winners dont get punished

the supply of vets dwarfss the demand for cops and security.

They are. Alpha radiation is weak and can't penetrate skin, but when a du shell hits a tank it pretty much vaporizesums and gets into your lungs, where there is no skin to protect you

That wasn't us.

That's right, Israel.

numbers of civilians randomly blown apart and or burnt to death

when a du shell hits your tank you're pretty much condemned at that point anyways.

Yes. A pity the exact same people involved would ignore their own advice later

youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY

Because America ended conscription in 1972 under a law voted in 1971.

The same reason why Jarhead was a boring movie.

nice antisemetic meme, argie. whatever helps you sleep at night.

>Private security

call it what it is ... bullet catcher
shit job

Lol I was at the highway of death about two years ago, didnt notice until someone told me we were, there are still burnt out tanks, trucks and buses out there.

On topic, we fucking raped the Iraqis, most of the Marines and Soldiers got to come home to ticker tape parades and everyone had a jolly good time outside the edgelords who got traumatized by something I guess.

Most Gulf War vets Ive spoken dont seem to bothered by the war, the only homeless one I knew was fucked in the head thanks to friendly fire pretty much killing half the people in his 7-Ton.

Shit happens

>not using muh barrel bombs

Skills learned in the military that are transferable to the workplace:
- Working under pressure
- Keeping calm in a crisis
- Time management
- Working irregular hours
- Communication skills
- Teambuilding skills

Being able to communicate clearly with both superiors and subordinates is a lost art. Maybe it's because I'm in IT and surrounded with autism but I can't tell you how many times that managers have complimented me on my ability to keep them appraised of ongoing situations.

WHOA, SHIT, WHAT?

all those people we shot bullets at have cancer?

What if the tank is just rolling through your village?

Also that's not necessarily true. Du shells had a hard time killing some of the really old tanks in Iraq, because they would just pass straight through. If it didn't hit anything important on the way then all you did was give Haji a couple of new windows

as i previously stated, you can learn that at any job or with any hobby. those are not unique to the military.

so i guess the du shells don't vaporize? stop contradicting yourself.

>baby killing components
>list doesn't include strung-out single moms
another goddamn pork barrel

Saddam had 900k troops and thousands of tanks and aircraft, he was going to attack Saudi next because he wouldn't pay denbts he got for the Iran war. So he got BTFO.

Also it was the end of the blue balled cold war and America wanted to bust a nut.

It doesn't.
It gives me nightmares Schlomo.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLHVQUTrgvM

>US military
>couple rag heads with AK's and tactical trucks

>war

alex jones always talks about depleted uranium

it is radioactive and if it explodes near you, you will get a dose

possibly can give you a dose as its fired also idk

the mil is not saying much about it

Why do americans always excuse their unjustified foreign meddling like this?
"yeah man we kicked their asses bro go USA".

Do they not see that they are pawns? That they've been duped?

They send their sons and husbands to die on some desert half a world away so they can preserve the Petrodollar or install privatley owned central banks.

Next time you see a flag draped coffin ask yourself what that man ACTUALLY fought for.

how does an extremely dense metal explode?

If I hit a glass marble with a pillow it doesn't shatter. If I hit it with a hammer, it does. The armor was too thin to cause the du to vaporize. On newer tanks, it's thick enough that it provides enough resistance to cause it to break up

talk about fair fight

it shatters into a bunch of molten pieces

Why is the Iran-Iraq war barely ever talked about?

It's the closest thing to a conventional war since WWII. Hundreds of thousands dead. Pretty fucked up shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Marshes

>I played airsoft once so I know how to give brief a general officer or SVP after getting three hours sleep over the past two days.
Sure kid.

Du is brittle, like high carbon steel they use to machine metal. When it's subjected to too much stress, it doesn't bend, it breaks. And a heavy assistance du dart moving at 3,000 feet per second striking a slab of steel 6 inches thick is subjected to a great whopping force

you literally just said that they passed through the iraqi tanks:

> Du shells had a hard time killing some of the really old tanks in Iraq, because they would just pass straight through

so what is it? they exploded and killed everybody on impact, or they passed through and nobody gets radiation poisoning?

> Literally looking at the British Roundel flight insignia on the planes.

"HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE I HATE AMERICA!"

> Red pilled Brazilian
> "But we're white!"
> Pic Related

Not much to talk about. Whole world was in on it. Defined mission accomplished in a short time frame. The shit since the has been SNAFU.

You realize that we also use DU in the armor of our tanks as well. there is consistence in why we use it. Because its so damn dence it makes for great armor and penitrators.

>I busted my ass in college and have developed mental fortitude so I know how to give brief a general officer or SVP after getting three hours sleep over the past two days.

fix'd. nice airsoft red herring though.

It's the same with every other empire in history, it's about maintaining the illusion of supremacy

Look up why they use depleted uranium in tank rounds, m8.

I said they passed through the OLD tanks, like the t-34s that saddam had. T-72s got btfo.

absolutely. that's not anybody's point though.

>college
>preparing you for anything

>Du is brittle

This is not true. Again it is used in our tanks as a layer of armor.

exactly my point. and nobody got cancer cuz they were all killed from the depleted uranium strike.

sure as hell did for me.

Because it was lame.

Read up on how armor works. The ceramic plates troops wear are brittle af. It's good that it's brittle, in fact. Abrams armor isn't just du, it's a composite of many thints all working together

composite tank armor isn't brittle.

fuck nevermind was think of auto crash test simulators lol

Hello Ahmed

Well in case you didn't know, there was a lot of oil under threat of being controlled by Sadam. What would happen if Sadam controlled all that oil and suddenly refused to ship any of it you ask? Well millions would die from the anarchy of an oil crisis of course!

Pretty good thing we went in there and made sure that didn't happen right?

And yet every job on the market wants a minimum of two years work experience.

You seemed confused. You do realize there were two wars in Iraq right?

The first one was fought in order to evict Iraq from the sovereign nation they had invaded - Kuwait.

How about learn something before spouting bullshit next time?

Only a few people died. If we could shitwreck every country with a similar number of casualties we would do it tomorrow.

>Well millions would die from the anarchy

Sorry, but didn't this happen? You know, the iraq wars..

The du component is.

>Well millions would die.
youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8

>And suddenly refused to ship any
Yeah he had a lot of incentives to do that. Make his own country completely destitute just to play a prank on america.

All the american wars in the middle east have only been about preserving the petrodollar. Saddam tried to sell oil for Euros so he had to go. Gaddafi tried to sell oil for the Dinar so he had to go etc etc. If they no longer sell for dollars exclusivley the demand for the dollar decreases, and weakens the hyperinflated american economy.

Literally trading the blood of your soldiers, and the suffering of million of civilians, so that your wall street bankers can continue to speculate.

youtube.com/watch?v=djwPqAJ_3GY

That's exactly what I said retard.

You fought to RESTORE A DICTATOR TO POWER in Kuwait. Because the other dictator (Saddam) was a threat to Israel.

If the two nations has been enemies of Israel as in the 1980s Iran-Iraq war you wouldn't have intervened at all.

Because they are idiots, neo-cons play these morons since 15 years and they still don't see jackshit, they are an incredibly dysgenic mongrelized population becoming dumber and dumber every decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=a0TK_vk-XDM

It was peak american power really.

Saddam had one of the largest armies in the world, he invaded Kuwait and part of Saudi Arabia unprovoked we bombed Iraq for 9 months as the US and gulf states built up a massive force.

They expected 25-50k casualties mostly due to gas attacks and it ended up lasting 2 weeks and causing like 200 coalition deaths.

It was the single most lopsided victory probably in history and was a very big deal, they even had a whole victory parade a la ww2

But now its been overshadowed by Iraq/Afghanistan.

only four flags had actual roles, the rest just followed the shepherd because that's what they do.
imagine if bangladesh was fighting in iraq, iraq would have fucked the ground beneath them.
>niger
LOL

While on my way to the stan, we stopped over in Kuwait. The airforce base still had structures we bombed the fuck out of and we got to check out the high way of death. It was fuckign fucking cool.

shitskins fighting shitskins isn't relevant or interesting

Relevant no, sure, but its interesting on a tactical level. Dozens of fighters vs. hundreds of helicopters and stuff.

Why didn't the war in Iraq (2003) end as quickly as Desert Storm did?