What would it take to make the X-Men line interesting again...

What would it take to make the X-Men line interesting again? Because I feel like this won't work and will only piss of x-Men fans who don't want anything to do with the Inhumans

Pretend most of the things between the end of the Claremont era and now didn't happen.

Put the Inhumans back in space where they work and have the X-Men back to being a somewhat functional family again.

A reboot by a writer with a clear and interesting vision, free of interference from editorial and unencumbered by divisive politics.

Marvel ruined the Royal Family as much as they ruined the X-Men.

You feel right

Who cares, real Wolverine is coming back, baby!
Plus Generation X will have Jubilee. You thought someone else will see panel time from old Generation X?

"Fans" these days don't actually love the comics for what they actually are, have been, or are headed towards.
At least not "fans" on Sup Forums.
Trust Marvel to write their characters true to who they've always been written as, and the quality stories will flow from that.

It won't be anything like the Gen X of the past, you know this, if anything it's going to be New X-Men reborn.

Not this.
>reboot

I'd prefer re-invigoration, but yes, with a clear storyline for about an 18 month stretch that culminates in something big and grand.

>Put the Inhumans back in space
This. Actual space. Most of them require oxygen, correct?

O5 fuck off back to where they came from, everyone seeing how badly they mistreated Rightclops and begging for his mercy, Rightclops being back in charge and no one hating him any more

Why would you do that?
Why would you deprive Magneto's team the thrill of all those kills?

It's not rocket science.

Of course I know. And you know I was being sarcastic.
I won't be surprised if that book holds O5- Kidclops- Jeen. Gotta put those lamers somewhere so we don't forget about them, yo.
>tfw Aaron writes it
>Eye Boy and Idie galore
Fuckity fuck.

X-Men aren't killers like Wrongclops, they're warriors!
I want to break knees of everyone who was unironically hyped for Lemire's X-Men.

>Wrongclops

wolverine shut the fuck up

More Inhumans. You need way more of my favorite Inhumans characters to get me to care about the shitty old X-men.

The Inhumans really speak to me and my struggles as a person.

Man, they still haven't announced the fucking creative teams, have they.

You forgot their mean-spirited fanbase.
No. We literally know nothing about books, except that Jubilee will be on Generation X. I won't be surprised if Lemire and Bunn continue their books, just rebranded. I mean, that's what we all expect, anyway. They'll probably give Icefag to some gay male. Anyone available at Marlel?
Leth for Jeen.

You know that this is just a way of getting rid of all mutants, right? They are merging Mutant and Inhumans into a new race so Fox won't have the rights to the new race.

hello X-Inhumans

> real Wolverine is coming back,
puke.

off yourself, fag

>hurr durr sniktbub
and fuck you too

Go back to the basics, while trying completely new ideas. Retool some of the classic villains and concepts into something that makes them interesting again.

I had an idea for a new group of mutants called "Brotherhood X" which is basically an social justice-inspired version of the brotherhood. Some of the X-Men from Xavier's school start it. Maybe a lot of the students join in. It starts after a mutant kid gets gunned down by police on live T.V. however, this kid was completely destroying several blocks of a large city and endangering hundreds of people. The cops open fire and just kill him. This sparks a protest and outrage with a group of students, it pits faculity against staff, friend against friend, brother against sister.

This makes it harder for the traditional X-Men to fight against them. They're friends and students. But they're also legitimately fucking up innocent non-mutants. Things escalate and it leads to the usual problems of shutting down the school, hunting/registering mutants, but the public has an actual real, legitimate reason to want this. There is an intectual angle to this whole story.

It'd be a story that challenges the political climate of today, seeing how X-Men is always used to do just that and they represent the minorities and different types of sub-groups, disenfranchised groups. However, this story reflects on the violent rise of social justice. It gets political but with issues that aren't of our own world, but relatable enough. A lot of humans and even other heroes are joining in out. Their is a lot public support for Brotherhood X.

>We will no longer tolerate Mutantphobia!

Also it just gives an opportunity to do something with all these random mutants and create some new fun powers and characters. Maybe a shadowy figure is funding them from the outside? Encouraging the false flags against mutants and the mutant violence.

It's just a thought. The idea here wouldn't be to be anti-SJW just for the sake of it, but rather presenting a different point of view that also caters to parts of the audience that Marvel has been losing and alienating.

Especially after this crazy election and the liberal left coming across as so wrong and misguided and now they're throwing such a huge fit about it. So this arc would just reflection upon that. If I was writing this I'd like to end it on a message of peace and unity in the end. But also showing certain ideas maybe tumblr-marvel might feel uncomfortable with.

A good writer and an artist knows how to challenge a social norm, it's part of the job, and a great writer and artist know how to challenge a social norm and still make it a fun, emotionally engaging story that audiences of all ages and groups and fan-types would enjoy.

You could read it as a commentary on present events or as "group of younger mutants get got up in hysterical rage and take things too far."

I haven't been keeping up with X-Men much since Axis so if this isn't original, forgive me.

>Good writers
>Terrigen Mist problem is solved, no more "endangered species" shit
>The XAVIER School for Higher Learning is reopened
>Back to the basics, while still keeping the more recent things that worked
>Bring on the Bad Guys: Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, The Brotherhood, The Sentinels...get back into action.
>Get rid of O5 Iceman, Beast and Angel. Have them fuse with their adult counterparts or something.
>Bring back Wolverine at some point
>Give Claremont a book

x-fags will complain no matter what you do, might as well do what you want.

They already satiated their Inhuman murder boner by killing the Dark Riders, including Medusa's cousin.

What do you think of my idea?

>free of interference from editorial and unencumbered by divisive politics.

What if the story is actually ABOUT divisive politics and how destructive and bad it is?

>I'd prefer re-invigoration, but yes, with a clear storyline for about an 18 month stretch that culminates in something big and grand.

You know, I just got an idea of where my story would lead to and end.

America would elect it's first Mutant president! But who would it be? An established character or someone completely new? What would the Marvel universe be like with a Mutant in the Oval Office? I'd like him to be pretty powerful though, someone that could fight Dr. Doom or Loki.

I'd like him to look very much like a mutant, be physically different so he'd stand out as a character in that traditional politician's power suit and the president sportsjacket.

You've read that storytime with President Rightclops? Everyone that whines online about Trump is in comics outside White House throwin bricks at muties.

*story

Pretty much what I said too.

>no more "endangered species" shit

I really hate how X-Men writers never seem to understand how evolution works. Mutants aren't a whole different species, just be simply biological definition! A mutant is a member of the same species, with something slightly new and different about them. It's how a new species is branched out.

If they were fully a different species, they wouldn't be able to have babies with regular humans. Well, that's usually how it works in nature, you get exceptions here and there with tigers/lions horses/zebras but they're still on their way to become fully distinct.

When you understand evolution, it changes the story narrative too. Refering to mutants as a different species is stupid.

Nope. Heh, as always I get a good idea and it's been done before but not like I'd do it. Or dumber sometimes.

We had President Dazzler in Exiles and I think that did not end well

Dazzler was also assassinated immediately after taking office in the Battle of the Atom future

I think that's the one I meant; disregard Exiles.

That's really what needs to change though, the X-men need a New generation series to be more like the one led by Wallflower and Wind Dancer and less like says, which is where everyone is trying not to die and its just major fight after major fight.

I hope we'll never again see that shitty timeline. First time I was actually triggered by comics.

Turn them all into inhumans via a retcon :D

Long story short, pic related.

>It starts after a mutant kid gets gunned down by police on live T.V. however, this kid was completely destroying several blocks of a large city and endangering hundreds of people.

Is this kid intentionally doing it or just having their powers go out of control, possibly from their x-gene activating for the first time?

>If they were fully a different species, they wouldn't be able to have babies with regular humans. Well, that's usually how it works in nature, you get exceptions here and there with tigers/lions horses/zebras but they're still on their way to become fully distinct.

Actually I believe the line between them being the same or separate species hinges on if the hybrid offspring of those two species is regularly able to reproduce with members of the two species.

Hybrids of tigers/lions and horses/zebras are usually completely sterile.

Good writers
Good artists
Stop hijacking all the books for crossovers every three months

Hmmm.. Didn't know that.

I don't know. Does anyone know? Everyone says it went done differently. Maybe that's what's sparking the conflict?

Sound familiar?

>Bring back Prof. X and the school.
>Tons of mutants everywhere again.
>Younger students get into crazy hi-jinks on campus.
>Older team rescues new mutants around the world and fights the good old baddies.

I'd be satisfied.

Waid pls.