DAILY REMINDER, THAT IF YOU SUPPORT THE LLIES - YOU'RE THE REASON OF ALL EVIL

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Monte_Cassino

At the beginning of 1944, the western half of the Winter Line was being anchored by Germans holding the Rapido-Gari, Liri and Garigliano valleys and some of the surrounding peaks and ridges. Together, these features formed the Gustav Line. Monte Cassino, a historic hilltop abbey founded in AD 529 by Benedict of Nursia, dominated the nearby town of Cassino and the entrances to the Liri and Rapido valleys. Lying in a protected historic zone, it had been left unoccupied by the Germans. They had manned some positions set into the steep slopes below the abbey's walls.

Repeated pinpoint artillery attacks on Allied assault troops caused their leaders to conclude the abbey was being used by the Germans as an observation post, at the least. Fears escalated along with casualties and in spite of a lack of clear evidence, it was marked for destruction. On 15 February American bombers dropped 1,400 tons of high explosives, creating widespread damage.[6] The raid failed to achieve its objective, as German paratroopers occupied the rubble and established excellent defensive positions amid the ruins.

Between 17 January and 18 May, Monte Cassino and the Gustav defences were assaulted four times by Allied troops, the last involving twenty divisions attacking along a twenty-mile front. The German defenders were finally driven from their positions, but at a high cost.[7] The capture of Monte Cassino resulted in 55,000 Allied casualties, with German losses being far fewer, estimated at around 20,000 killed and wounded.[5]

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marocchinate
theguardian.com/world/2006/jun/05/italy.secondworldwar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We allready know.
Heil Hitler!
The allies were the destroyers of culture!

United States military history reviews

The U.S. government’s official position on the German occupation of Monte Cassino changed over a quarter-century. The assertion that the German use of the abbey was "irrefutable" was removed from the record in 1961 by the Office of the Chief of Military History. A congressional inquiry to the same office in the 20th anniversary year of the bombing stated: "It appears that no German troops, except a small military police detachment, were actually inside the abbey" before the bombing. The final change to the U.S. Army’s official record was made in 1969 and concluded that “the abbey was actually unoccupied by German troops.”

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marocchinate

Marocchinate (pronounced [marokkiˈnate], Italian for "Moroccan treatment" meaning "women raped by Moroccans") is a term applied to women who were victims of the mass rape and killings committed during World War II after the Battle of Monte Cassino in Italy. These were committed mainly by the Moroccan Goumiers, colonial troops of the French Expeditionary Corps (FEC), commanded by General Alphonse Juin.

The monument "Mamma Ciociara" was erected in remembrance of the Marocchinate women, particularly those who were killed during the military campaign.

Monte Cassino was captured by the Allies on May 18, 1944. The next night, thousands of Goumiers and other colonial troops scoured the slopes of the hills surrounding the town and the villages of Ciociaria (in South Latium). Italian victims' associations such as Associazione Nazionale Vittime delle Marocchinate alleged that 60,000 women, ranging in age from 11 to 86, suffered from violence, when village after village came under control of the Goumiers. Civilian men who tried to protect their wives and daughters were murdered. The number of men killed has been estimated at 800. In fact, due to incomplete reports of the crimes, a precise account is impossible.

The mayor of Esperia, a comune in the Province of Frosinone, reported that in his town, 700 women out of 2,500 inhabitants were raped resulting in many deaths. According to Italian victims associations, a total of more than 7,000 civilians, including children, were raped by Goumiers.

That's expain many things about southern italians

kek.

And we'd do it another ten thousand times if it eliminates the vile ARYAN and all who associate with it.

Looks like its the traitorcuck again.

Reported to the police mate, you look like you're associating with some pretty evil types.

In 2006, a memorial was unveiled in Rome honouring the Allied forces that fought and died to capture the city.

theguardian.com/world/2006/jun/05/italy.secondworldwar

The monument, a bronze bas relief that depicts an Italian woman gratefully embracing an allied soldier, stands in a prominent position in Piazza Venezia, near the Victor Emmanuel monument housing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

The ceremony marked the end of a four-year campaign led by Harry Schindler, 84, one of the few remaining survivors of the liberation battle, to commemorate the event that took place in June 1944.

He said the memorial honoured not just the allied forces but also the Italian partisans and anti-fascists who died during the fighting. "This is a great day for all our colleagues who took part in the liberation of Rome," he said.

Giuseppe Mannino, chairman of Rome city council who helped to fund the project from his own pocket, was among local dignitaries present. The city's newly re-elected mayor, Walter Veltroni, could not attend because of ill health but had expressed support for the memorial.

He is on record as saying: "We sometimes forget that while British, American and Commonwealth troops were fighting to free Rome many Italians were still supporting Mussolini and his racist policies."
Are italians the ultimate cucks?

Thank God for vets.

This

The allies absolutely fucked Italy and its historic shit in so many ways even when Germans and Italians WERN'T EVEN THERE SPECIFICALLY TO PRESERVE THE HISTORY.

No more Great in Britain

>implying it was great at once

well fug
my great grendfather fought there

But the sign is in spanish, wtf?
And you should speak portuguese?

but it's in portuguese though...

kek
google translate said me it's spanish

Anyway, he foughts for degeneracy and you should be ashamed..

nah, not really

i prefer to not be an useless bootlicking cunt who can't fathom disobeying some random shithead
i also prefer to be ruled by brazilians, not by any other people, be it krauts or jews

My dear traitor, we won this war.

I could not care less "how" we did it.

Woe to the vanquished.

>i also prefer to be ruled by brazilians

>north Brazil, full of brazilians
>favelas
>crime
>cartels
>ISIL-tier barbarism
>poverty
>south Brazil, full of germans
>calm and quiet
>prosperity

kewl

south are still brazilians, even if their ancestors are german
also, they're mostly italian in descent
also not as cracked up as gauchos make it to be

the north is a shithole because of corruption
which is something i'm sure a russian would undertsand

also,it wouldn't even matter if that was true
i'm a nationalist
i love my country, i love my people and would never give up our sovereignity to be ruled by some authoritarian krauts