What films do gun fights, shooting, use of guns etc. realistically and/or well ?

what films do gun fights, shooting, use of guns etc. realistically and/or well ?

>apart from the usual heat, collateral, the town

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NVN_ky7ZqZQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Way of the Gun

don't know if this is a piss take or not ?

just because ryan phillippe is usually in absolute garbage

Equilibrium

Anything Michael Mann obviously.

Way of the Gun is really good.

But heat doesn't do it, specially in that part where Al Pacino is chasing them down on foot and shooting in a crowded area.

>the town
I don't remember anything about that movie except that every character was an irredeemable asshole.

it's actually alright, the shootouts feel really realistic for the most part too

>dat ending though

/k/ here, can confirm gun kata is the ultimate operator protocol. If anyone tells you it's stupid is cause he is a fucking fudd.

I dream every day of leaving shitty ass Boston in my rear view mirrahr too

This.

>what films do gun fights, shooting, use of guns etc. realistically and/or well ?

John Wick 2
Salt
Wanted

Never heard of, but since it has Kebbell and Cox I'll be watching this shit later.

it has one of the most realistic m4 shootouts handling and soundwise. ENJOY user

Salt has guns? Imma watch it then

Blue Ruin.

ah yes, I always curve my bullets at the gun range to entertain the boys

nah not over the top style, more realistic style

The raid scene from American Gangster

As far as I remember the shooting in Manhunter didn't look that good.

Ending of Zero Dark Thirty. Story is pure fiction, but the raid tactics are kino.

Black Hawk Down and Sicario.

Can't believe no one's named these yet.

Any of the Dollars trilogy movies or just about any Western , if you like those kinds of gun fights.

In terms of sound mixing, Dunkirk.
That opening sequence gave me instant PTSD.

From the guy who directed The Man From Nowhere. Both of them are on Netflix, I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=NVN_ky7ZqZQ

Sicario is operator kino

Outpost was pretty good actually.

>Sicario

Sure, until the end where Toro went unstoppable Splinter Cell.

Yeah that was gay but the rest was good.

>what films do gun fights, shooting, use of guns etc. realistically and/or well ?
Just go to liveleak, retard.

John Wick, even if it is retarded god mode tier

>Sure, until the end where Toro went unstoppable Splinter Cell.
>Yeah that was gay but the rest was good.

You guys do realize that tier-1 operators would be able to do the exact same thing IRL, against a handful of unaware cartel bodyguards right?

But there are no films there?

Fair enough.

What's your opinion on the 2004 Punisher?

M'ask you something ahjussi

ben affleck sucks his own dick real good in that movie.

>the scene where the guy walks into the diner, plays a song on his guitar and then leaves only to shoot up the Punisher's car in the next scene

Its called cape"shit" for a reason senpai.

Not film but the warehouse raid in ep 1 of Gomorrah was pretty decent imo

Yeah I mean he only killed like 3 guys, and he surprised them, didn't he? I've seen people complain about that before but I feel like they build up a proper mystique around him beforehand. For a normal person it would be ridiculous, but the director makes it pretty clear that this is his sole focus in life.

can somebody explain to me why he walks so slowly when holding his rifle at the final shootout?

easiest answer is the Terminator

Yeah he shows up unexpected at the boss's home with just a skeleton crew. It's not like he's expecting to get hit. IIRC he only kills 3 or 4 guards and all of them from behind or to the side.

Hardcore Henry

I think the only real question is
Did they rape this guy?

Hint: they did

The alternate ending is WAY dark. It used to be on YouTube. It tested so poorly with pleb audiences that they quickly cobbled together the fairy tale ending that we got in the release cut.

In the alternate ending Ben's character escapes the Fenway heist and on his way out of town he runs into the homies that he and Renner had kneecapped earlier. They shoot and kill Affleck.

This ending makes the movie way better. The theatrical ending is literally telling you that a life of crime has minimal consequences and that you can retire to Florida with millions and your new gf.

Nobody mentions it in these threads but the gunfight at The Guggenheim in The International is fucking based.

>Equilibrium

hahahahahahah

Sure it's doable. My petty gripes about it was the shooting a guy just down the hallway from the family (because magic hollywood silencer) and then at the table quickly popping three heads from the hip while not even looking.

Been a while since I watched it, but didn't Drive have a couple gun scenes that weren't retarded?

The director's brother was a Navy Seal that was also a technical consultant for all the film's gunfights, which is why they're all so good.

I think the motel scene is the only gunfight scene, but it was alright.

13 Hours hasn't been mentioned?

S tier realism

The Man From Nowhere was melodramatic trash with one decent action scene near the end. Is this shit any better?

Whatever you imagined happened.

Villeneuve didn't left out that visual information out so the "secret underground patrician dissecting club" can put the pieces together to form a singular universal answer.
By amping up the tension and then not showing the actual action every viewer forms his own worst personal mental picture of what is happening and that way it's much more impactful than just showing someone waterboarding/raping someone.
Also the shot mimmicks the shutting off the video camera and Brolin leaving the room so he doesn't have to watch it.

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them, that would be pretty shallow. Focus on why is something shown in that way rather than what it is.

Wasn't Act of Valor pretty realistic? I heard they used real navy seals to film the scenes with the goggles on to obscure faces and later as part of that same deal recut the raw footage to use as instructional videos for the navy.

>blocks your path

Is The Town worth a watch?

>My petty gripes about it was the shooting a guy just down the hallway from the family (because magic hollywood silencer) and then at the table quickly popping three heads from the hip while not even looking.

Was actually across the field in the middle of the mansion, which makes it somewhat realistic.

As to the no-look shot, its not impossible to pull it off, but it was more important for him to look at the Jefe's face while he did it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Matrix no doubt

this definitely this. all the violence in that movie looked and felt really good.

another great one is Collateral. He does the Mozambique Drill with great finesse.

If you like Boston and aren't against the idea of watching Affleck stroke his own cock for two and a half hours it's a decent heist flick.

Gun Town
Way of the Gun
Time to Die
The Veteran
The Gun Man
The Shotguns of Love
Gun Men on Patrol
Help Me
The Guns
The Action of a Pistol
Gun Gun
A Rifle for a Gunman