Admit it. The only reason you fags circlejerk these movies is out of nostalgia...

Admit it. The only reason you fags circlejerk these movies is out of nostalgia. Try watching them today without cringing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wgtMW38vsUs
youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA
youtube.com/watch?v=LQed7aE9YHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5We4fg5JUOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I watched them last week and they were fine, faggot.

Other than some dodgy cgi in the later 2 films, they hold up really well

How fucking old are you faggot ?

Name better fantasy epics. Pro-tip: you can't.

I literally watch them once every year. They're still great.

They were ok back then and they are ok now. It's hard to do fantasy any form of justice in film due to its inherent silliness, this was a decent attempt.

Kino minus frodo and Sam scenes

Nostalgia. I'll make this thread every day until you admit it.

They're a product of their time, but they're still enjoyable in and pof themsevles, not just as nostalgia of the period like Gladiator

I watch these movies 3 times a year at my geektogethers and they never feel cringe.

What was OP's tax policy?

Criticize the LOTR trilogy without mentioning nostalgia. Come up with some actual criticisms.

nope, they're still great

Childish and banal good vs evil story
Bad acting with a ton of overacting / hammy performances
Bad effects that aged like milk

Some of the CGI is pretty awful. Sam running into the mountain/volcano looks absolutely cartoonish.

Everything you have just said is objectively wrong.

Fellowship was great

NAME WORSE MOVIE SCENES THAN THESE TWO
youtube.com/watch?v=wgtMW38vsUs

youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA

Prove it.

You really need to try harder.

How does that description fit Gladiator? You snivelling ass

I've watched these films every year since they were released, apart from some digital techniques most notably in the third film they are still very good.

>The precedent was already set by Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings debacle—unintelligible fantasy epics that people went to out of consumerist habit and left unable to recount or fondly recall. Jackson’s fantasy overload laid the groundwork for mistaking F/X for content.

>prove my claims are false, because I'm too lazy and pathetic to prove they are true

t. george rr martin

Do you have a vagina by any chance? I've noticed the Sam/Frodo scenes seems to fly right over women's heads.

literally movies women will never understand: the thread

Why does Frodo call everybody by name except for Legolas? Was he an antiquendite?

Prove they are false. You're the one disagreeing.

indeed reading the black company antimorals make more sense than the black and white fantasy of tolkien.

I watched the trilogy this year and liked it.

F-

OP, try harder with your bait next time.

Grrm is seriously such a better author, his world is much more realistic in its portrayals of morals etc, tolkien is pretty shit really

OP is the one making a claim. For anyone to disagree with him, he first has to make an argument, which he isn't doing.

>Childish and banal good vs evil story

Whole story is based on this. Does not bear explaining as the whole principle conflict is tied to it.

>Bad acting with a ton of overacting / hammy performances

Frodo, Aragorn, Gimli, Elrond, Saruman

>Bad effects that aged like milk

Just watch any of them

J.R.R. Tolkien, a veteran of the Battle of the Somme, was infinitely more knowledgeable and experienced in matters of good and evil than that retarded obese draft-dodging faggot George Martin.

Not everything needs to be morally grey.

>Bad acting with a ton of overacting / hammy performances
You need to watch more movies. If you think LotR is full of hammy acting you're probably underaged and/or don't know what hammy acting is.

>Bad effects that aged like milk
Special effects exist to tell a story. Not everything needs to be hyper realistic in order to convey the story it's presenting. The effects are fine.

Now go watch Transformers or something.

>muh moral relativism

>Jackson was blocking a scene in which Wormtongue (Brad Dourif) stabs Saruman (Lee) in the back. Jackson goes into a long explanation about how he wants Lee to react and Lee says, "Have you any idea what kind of noise happens when somebody’s stabbed in the back? Because I do.”

>Not everything needs to be morally grey

It does past a certain age, you must love Marvel capeshit.

>You need to watch more movies.

We are not discussing 'other' movies, but these ones in particular, which are full of garbage overblown performances.

> Not everything needs to be hyper realistic in order to convey the story it's presenting.

Nice way to deflect from garbage effects that have aged in the worst manner possible.

'Gritty realism' is for man children who have never actually experienced hardship.

And binary black and white morality is for literal children too young to know better.

complaints about good vs evil and the sort of shit GRRM comes out with about taxes just show that someone doesn't know what LotR is at its core. all the middle earth books are really written as mythological histories

Black and white is all there is.
Black man & white woman, it's beautiful.

LOOKS LIKE RETARD'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

I don't like it when people use this as a criticism, there's nothing wrong with stories about good and bad, tales of heroes or common men triumphing over evil. What's so great about "morally grey" stories? Either can be well written, seems to me that people like them so much because they think they're deep and intelligent by default just because they sell themselves on exploring human nature or whatever, and more often than not it ends up as good vs evil with an unlikely/anti-hero anyway.

>academy award for best writing
>critics choice award for best acting
>academy award for best visual effects

If someone claims that the flying spaghetti monster is real, it is not my responsibility to disprove it, just because I disagree. You're a fucking retard that clearly needs to go back to school.

Whole story is not based on this. Does bear explaining.

>good acting

Frodo, Aragorn, Gimli, Elrond, Saruman

>good effects that hold up even today

Just watch any of them

See how that's not a real argument, and how you are not proving shit? Fucking degenerate

Children tend to enjoy moral centric protagonists. It appeals to the moral policeman freshly instilled in their young brain. Older audiences tend to enjoy characters who are reflective of real people, characters who are morally ambiguous or at the very least are logically fleshed out.

Adults who cling to black and white heroes are essentially overgrown children. It is likely they own every silly piece of plastic Nintendo has spawned and think the Nintendo Switch is an innovation.

I watch them every winter. The extended Blu-rays and they're still KINO.

Press S to spit on OP's grave

The only people who mindlessly defend these movies today are either nostalgiafags or even worse, honest to god contrarians who believe old=good.

Kys sub human

Underaged b&

Fucking Crash won best film and best writing. What is your point?

>2001
>Old

KYS

Wanna know how I know you're a teenager?

>>when someone saves your pic

One of the best behind the scene stories.

Other I like:
Viggo being in costume most of the time in the city
John Rhys-Davies send his stuntman to the tattoo shop

>made OC for /wsg/
>gets posted for months

feels good man

>And binary black and white morality is for literal children too young to know better.
Tolkien wrote it and he fought in WW1. What are your accomplishments?

He clearly wrote it as escapism. The worst kind of fiction.

Kill yourself.

>Viggo being in costume most of the time in the city

These "stayed in character" types annoy me.

It's like the actors from Grease who claim they were so into it they referred to each other by their character's names while off-camera

It's just stupid and highly unprofessional

But Tolkien was a professor and veteran of WWI when he wrote LOTR. He also invented two languages. He was infinitely more mature than anyone here

>The only reason you fags circlejerk these movies is out of nostalgia.
Agreed, I'm looking forward to the multicultural reboot.

>larped his way through Vietnam
>has the audacity to lecture Tolkien about what war is really like

All fiction is escapist you fucking dunce

>Try watching them today without cringing
THIS ×1000. I mean fuck, is there even a single POC besides the grotesque caricatures of religious extremists?

to be fair Viggo was a bit different. He wasn't staying in character, wanting people to call him Aragorn off set and pretending to be in Middle Earth. Part of the reason is he wanted a better feel for the role, and what it'd be like to be a rugged Ranger taking part in an arduous trek and enduring war. He wasn't actually trying to 'become' the character like these Nic Cage and Danie Day Lewis figgits

That's why is cool when only ONE member of the cast do it, the madman

Watched them yesterday. Only thing that made me cringe is that no fantasy film has successfully followed it.

>2 languages

Try about a dozen. He invented 2 writing systems (Tengwar and Cirth), but literally a dozen languages with grammar rules and case-inflection and everything.

Why? Because he was a philologist who loved language and mythology and wanted to create his own, using his own experiences in the First World War to do so as well as his immense knowledge of classic literature.

The fact that Jackson included as much as he did in the film because of all the extra notes about his artificial languages speaks volumes about the quality of the films.

OP is an immense faggot

The first one is the best self-contained film in terms of writing, directing, editing and pacing desu. The other two are way more fun though

>when the "Concering Hobbits" hits
das it mane

youtube.com/watch?v=LQed7aE9YHQ

The writer of this game is MUCH more talented than Tolkien and also btfo him by saying LOTR is not worth reading today.

multicultural reboot will elevate the 2001 movies even higher

I hope it comes too

You are wrong. I've studied Tolkien extensively, he took it very seriously. He wrote LOTR as a British Mythology.

the only cringe-worthy scene in the entire series of movies is the Hobbit underage gang hugging in Return of the King

You just don't like fantasy? That's fine, but don't be stupid.

i, too, wish to be 16 again OP

>Chris Avellone's shitty leftover ideas from a much superior game

Obsidian fans everybody.

youtube.com/watch?v=5We4fg5JUOo

>multicultural reboot
>all dwarfs are played by Israelis
>all orcs are played by black actors
>all elves are playred by asians
>all humans are played by nordic actors
>all wizards are racially ambiguous
>hobits are played by simple Tibetan monks

kino ino

the media has fucked your brains, bud.

in what way friendo?

He wrote it because he wanted to create a modern Beowulf; a truly modern British-Christian mythology.

That and he adored language and wanted to inject that into the mythology too, which he did about a dozen times, and about a third of which has enough supplementary material to actually be used as a language.

Once again OP is a faggot

you know what... I believe that you honestly believe that.

fuck off edgelord

2nd scene is literally the GOAT scene of the trilogy.

reported for spam then faggot, now what?

Nah, they're still breddy gud, although I do feel like they're missing some GoT-tier ultraviolence. They do feel a bit vanilla.

>there is any fundamental different between "races"
yes, people are different. labeling them and judging them by those labels however is an artificial part of your mind which you ultimately have to overcome. "Redpill" is just another control mechanism.

The only part of the first movie that didn't age well was the tentacle monster.

>comparing a video game writer with a Cambridge language professor who spent his entire fucking life perfecting the very mythology he sought out to create from his days in the trenches at the Battle of the Somme until the day he died

Literally, unironically go into your cabinet a make yourself a nice tall glass of rubbing alcohol and chug it.

Peter Jackson is a gargantuan hack. Only utter plebs like his movies.

Braindead was pretty awesome though.

George Zeits is a massive edgelord who literally said LOTR isn't good because there's too many good guys. Worse than GRRM, he's like GRRM without even the pretense that he dislikes Tolkien because not edgy enough.

this.

GRRM doesn't dislike Tolkien.