Reminder that Gaston did nothing wrong

Reminder that Gaston did nothing wrong

Sure Belle didn't like his advances but he was literally a hero caught in the wrong fucking Disney movie. R.I.P my nigga

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XorRRynELuY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Put him in just about any other Disney movie and he wouldn't be a hero, either.

he bribed the asylum owner to get Belle's dad locked up for blackmail purposes

the pussy had mind control over him, it's not his fault

need a loss edit for this pic

was he in house of mouse? if so, wouldnt he have been a bad guy there

the only thing he did wrong was love a girl who didn't love him. he could have had the whole town as his harem but his thirsty greed got the best of him.

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "villain", just and asshole.

>have every girl in the town literally hopping head over heels to be your on-call whore
>go for the one that's not interested because MUH HUNTER'S PRIDE and MUH CHALLENGE

He brought it on himself for being a douchebag.

>>>r/feminism

Bribed the asylum owner.
Tried to kill beast when he KNEW the beast was sentient and intelligent. Up until that point he was mostly just an asshole.

He didn't even LIKE Belle or think that she was particularly attractive.

no, user, that's just common sense

if every girl in town wants you except one, and that chick is a fucking outcast that everybody calls a weirdo to her face, maybe you should leave that one alone

sent ;)

Gaston encouraged a mob to loot the castle, locked away an old man for no reason, and was generally an asshole only concerned about himself.

Heroes save people.

Reminder that Gaston is just a Brom Bones copypasta

Brom Bones got the girl

When I was a kid I always thought that the Headless Horseman was Brom Bones in disguise, killing off Ichabod so he wouldn't get in his way of marrying Katrina.

>ate more than 10 eggs a day
>did nothing wrong

Not his fault if you are a bitch who can't handle his proteins.

I didn't know this wasn't the case

Bribed an asylum owner to lock up an innocent old man.

Also he tried to kill beast even when he knew he was intelligent and didn't want to fight him.

Don't pretend he was a good guy, a good guy would have understood that Belle clearly wasn't interested and gone off to fuck one of their multiple other bitches.

...Wasn't that what happened?

It's implied

Gaston's only crime was wanting Taco Belle

He already had the town in his thrall. They were willing to do anything for/with him. Belle didn't buy into his bullshit, and for that (as well as her general bookworm-y behavior), she was made to feel like an outcast.

Put him in any other story and he'd be just as much a villain as he was in this one.

A classic
youtube.com/watch?v=XorRRynELuY

In the original Washington Irving story, the Headless Horseman is left vague and you're never sure if it's supposed to by Brom or if it was a real decapitated Hessian. Keep in mind that supernatural things happened in his other famous story, Rip Van Winkle (that a man can sleep for 20 years after meeting ghosts).

However, in the disney cartoon it's most certainly a real spirit since Ichabad looks right down his headless neck and there's nothing in there.

What does has any to do with feminism?

Actually, he was a peasant revolting against his liege.

Not for liberty, but for his own personal gain.

So yeah. He's still a villain.

You think Belle ever just, like, went out back with Gaston and let him nut in her every now and then? Though let's be real, his trio of sluts were pretty hot.

I don't know. Was Belle into necrophilia?

Brom Bones was the legitimate hero of the town though, having fought Indians and done work. As in, the hero who has actually saved people rather than just being the most popular guy.

Brom also only gave Ichabod shit for the same reason that every other male in the town did; they were uneducated Dutchmen who didn't have any fondness for educated Englishmen prancing into their town.

No, it isn't.

In the original story (and a fair amount of Irving's work in general) that most of what people say is bullshit that they spout off from their own uneducated assumptions and tall tale telling.

The book confirms that it was Brom playing a joke, not even trying to run Ichabod out of town and that he was just so much of a chickenshit that he hoofed it one town over. The farmer who loaned Ichabod the old horse even used the story to prove to his children why they never needed book-learning, saying an educated man is just as much of a twit as a common one.

Then it mentions that the old folk in town refused to hear such nonsense as it being a joke and a coward, and that they genuinely believed that the Headless Horseman that Brom made up was not only real but that he'd killed Ichabod.

I read the Irving story a few months ago and it seemed pretty clear the whole thing was "Brom pranked the dude by throwing a fuckin' pumpkin at him and ran him out of town."

I don't know about that, at the start of the movie he's literally the only person, belle's father included, that gives a shit about her. He's loved by the town because he acts how an ideal man should and tries convincing Belle to act like a lady so the townsfolk won't be so hostile towards her.
and let's not forget her father sold her into captivity for his own freedom, so Gaston sending him to the asylum is justified IMO.
Gaston was fucking based.
R.I.P G-money.

Prince Adam was cursed for long enough that people forgot he was around. Keep in mind that he was cursed when he was 11 years old, which really makes the Enchantrees seem like a dick.

>Brom also only gave Ichabod shit for the same reason that every other male in the town did; they were uneducated Dutchmen who didn't have any fondness for educated Englishmen prancing into their town.
Also, Ichabod was a shit.

That too. But so was Brom, and both did useful work for the community.

The difference is Ichabod was quite aware of the fact that he was pursuing the wealthiest and most attractive girl in town for her wealth and attractiveness, whereas Brom was just into the hot rich girl.

Ichabod is a weedy git, Brom is a boorish dimwit.

I think its actually left up to the audience to decide who is worse.

That castle had a well-stocked pantry, meaning they must have collected taxes and visited the market somehow. Likely whoever was away from the castle remained loyal and the affairs of the region were managed, there's no way a neighbor wouldn't have rushed in to claim things.

More likely the power of the palace on the surrounding regions was diminished, leaving the local authorities feeling emboldened. They didn't forget they had a prince, they just didn't care since the rule of the throne was distant. With the knowledge that the stories of the castle being abandoned save for magical talking objects and a single monster being true, they didn't make the connection that it was an uprising.

However, Gaston was fully aware. More for the worse, he's misleading the good peasants into unwitting revolt.

>That castle had a well-stocked pantry, meaning they must have collected taxes and visited the market somehow.
I simply assumed that the objectified servant not needing to eat, it reduced greatly the logisitc of food and baiscally, the castle is self sufficient iwht its own littlel filed, garden and personal livestock to feed the only resident that still need to eat, the beast, with the animated objects doing most of the farming work.

Probably bait, but I'll post anyway.

> he's literally the only person, belle's father included, that gives a shit about her.

He's literally only interested in her looks, and outright states that because she's the prettiest girl they should marry, no other reason.

> so the townsfolk won't be so hostile towards her.

No, he just thinks she should act more docile because he wants a submissive pretty wife, not one that reads and thinks about things.

> her father sold her into captivity for his own freedom

Belle volunteered to trade places with her father, and the father was very much against it even as he was sent away, even after he got back he was desperate to get someone to help save her from the beast.

What the fuck are you going on about? Are you the kind of person that yells out "feminism" at everything that differs from your beliefs?

Could he get a Maleficent treatment and get a story that explains why he acts the way he does + redemption story? Is there any other villain who could get it?

no, you're just simply wrong. Gaston was trying to do the right thing, but I can understand a beta like yourself not understanding what a real man needs to do.

The castle wasn't anywhere close to the town, though. Belle's father set off from town in the morning, and when it cut to him lost in the forest, it was nightfall. Meaning he had plodded along some misguided path the entire day, on horses no less. That's some serious distance for human servants to make.

That's a day's travel, fool. Less, even, because Belle's father had a wagon.

A walking horse doesn't walk faster than a walking human, and a horse with a wagon attached to its asshole isn't going to be doing anything more than walking.

Towns were usually spaced out along the road 'one day's travel' (typically about 6 hours walking on a good road with farmland and villages either side).

This post smells like feminism to me desu.

>Reminder that Gaston did nothing wrong
He stirred up a goddamn lynch mob.

>alpha
>superiority is challenged and ended by a literal furry basement dweller who talks to his action figures
Gaston was a big fish in a small pond. When the world outside threw open the door he got knocked on his ass. Simple as that. Probably best that he was immortalized by such a dramatic death, because given the way he bragged and challenged even the vaguest slight, it would only be a matter of time before he traveled to a different town or city and got his shit kicked in by their own Gaston.

But, all that being said, confirmation that the guy got with one (or all) of those bimbos is deserved, and it still pisses me off that we'll never get the sequel where his illegitimate adult son sets out on a quest of revenge.

I would want it to be a live action Johnny Bravo.

This is the same kind of thinking that got us Bozo the Clown as our new President.