Was this the most kino ending for a movie ever?

Was this the most kino ending for a movie ever?

I laughed. It was extremely over the top, cheesy and with zero connection to the actual narrative of the film, just empty attempted shock value.

Would have been more kino if the people on the truck were the people they left behind at the supermarket. But apparently the extras from the supermarket scenes had all left by that point so they couldn't shoot it and had to use that weird crazy lady and her kids instead. Kind of stupid if you ask me, would have boosted the movie's ending massively.

cheap emotional manipulation

The music and him yelling as loudly as possible just made it come off as cheesy.

>xD le tweest

you say that like its a bad thing

It was out of character and badly filmed, both for the legitimate reason of Darabont getting a laugh out of King, and then deciding to keep that ending anyway.
If they wanted a tragic ending, having him make a last desperate stand shooting a shape in the distance that turned out to be a tank, and getting shot to death by the soldiers just out of sight, it could've worked.

It is? The movie plays it off as serious while it comes off almost like a comedy sketch.
And having any scene that has nothing to do with the actual written narrative is always a bad thing. It's just a twist for the sake of the twist, cheap and empty.

i could be writing those exact same things as an argument for why i think its the BEST ending ever. its just so dumb, i love it

>didn't wait until they were in absolute danger

would have been better if some monsters surrounded the car then he made the decision...then the monsters get shot from something else seconds later

>It is? The movie plays it off as serious while it comes off almost like a comedy sketch.
Makes sense considering Frank Darabont filmed the scene as a joke.

>the most hilarious ending for a movie ever
this has been fixed for you.

People who say its a bad ending are really dumb.

Its one of the most creative and gut wrenching twists ever and it was a huge risk.

His reaction wasnt "out of character" because the character was not on record in the movie having shot his son a minute before rescue arrives

>have him consider shooting his loved ones
>realize there aren't enough bullets to kill everyone, but enough to maybe survive
>there's an obvious creature coming at them
>he looks at his son and knows he can't kill him
>goes outside to shoot at the monster
>fails
>he and his loved ones get torn apart and you realize he should've just shot everyone, and the camera pans upward into the mist before the credits roll

This would've been more unsettling, more visually interesting, and nobody would've had to break character.

No the most kino ending was from the ching chong film called ' Drug war' with the main character being executed at the end.

Anyone who disagrees with me is a nanking denying jap piece of shit.

yee

>Its one of the most creative and gut wrenching twists ever and it was a huge risk.
Fucking everything up right before help shows up is cliched as fuck. Even Shaun of the Dead fucking did it.

>get stuck for 30 seconds in the Mist.
>oh shit i'll murder my whole family without a moments hesitation

its a dumb ending.

Exactly what the problem was. It's an easy choice for an autist or a sociopath, but David Drayton was a poster artist/family man.

2016: Capeshit
2017: Kingshit
2018: CapeKing?

pure kino and i am not even meming

Last of the Mohicans

Dark Tower destroyed that possibility. Elba killed CapeKingshit from the inside.

Unironically this. This could not have been better filmed.

you are missing a critical piece here

>get stuck in the myst after fighting multiple different monsters of varying terrible qualities , poison being the worst

>your car runs out of gas and a 20 story tall monster is revealed to just be casually walking around

The ending was great. He knew the second he left the car his kid would be killed or turned into spiderbait like his wife was

Were they really going to just sit in the car and starve? no it was literally the end of the world. There was no hint of help.

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

DUDE SACRIFICE YOUR SON LMAO

Those people dead.
But who was on the truck was the lady who left at the beginning to find her son, who the main character refused to help out of fear.
In the end the lesson is to not be a faggot and help people.

They didn't even try starving it out a little bit.

>He knew the second he left the car his kid would be killed

It wasn't that the "fuck it" plan was bad. It was that it was the first plan he enacted.
Doesn't help that there was zero foreshadowing of any kind that suggested he or even the others would even consider the murder/suicide option. It made no sense for any of those characters to have tried absolutely nothing else.

Pleb taste OP