Be Water My Friend

youtube.com/watch?v=cJMwBwFj5nQ

Is he overrated? I think people say stupid things about him like that he would be champion in MMA or that he was so strong and so dangerous. He was just a clever, cultured guy with good body and martial arts, nothing more. And good martial arts actor. I hate when people make people gods only because they die young.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VHUDy7_wfZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=aObGLTfJa1w
youtube.com/watch?v=Mf3j_X_FopY
youtube.com/watch?v=yMFVOtvQ29k
youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bxsKqWlwk
youtube.com/watch?v=6HvnRvUSHr4
popularmechanics.com/science/health/a3093/the-science-of-bruce-lees-one-inch-punch-16814527/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He did have insane reflexes, though.

Funny how thousands of people die young every single minute and almost no one is made a "God" by popular culture.

The exaggerated stuff about his abilities is just a way for a limited brain to process the fact that the guy has a special aura about him.

Rational-materialistic brains need rational-materialistic explanations for why they idolize someone. Those are made after the fact.

Can't deny that charisma.

why did bruce marry a white girl?

Whatever you say.
But when I hear word "legend", I think of Bruce Lee immediately and I am not the only one. And when I look videos, like the one you posted, I remember why. Magic is still there, time decided not to touch it.

You're asking why a good-looking athletic rich guy living in California married a white girl?

I don't believe the bias accounts concerning his physical strength. The way it's described, it sounds like Lee was literally superhuman and that pound-for-pound, Lee was as strong as man three times his weight and size. It just sounds like urban folklore.

ehs a prety cool guy

People who die at their prime always end up as legends. Imagine if say Eddie Murphy had died in the 80's or Johnny Depp had died in the late 90's. They'd be legends now too

>He was just a clever, cultured guy with good body and martial arts, nothing more. And good martial arts actor.

That's why he's a legend. He made martial arts popular again. He also promoted fitness before Arnold came along but he had the benefit of being very well read and philosophical which only boosted his image. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Ali - an extremely capable athlete with strong convictions and a talent for talking. The decades since his death mythologized his achievements but not to an extreme degree: he still did most of the stuff people say he did.

Also forgot pic, my favourite Bruce story

Great quote.

cheers

absolutely based

Like Heath Ledger

I'm seeing a 35mm print of Enter The Dragon tomorrow.

the asian Arnold, body builder & charismatic. seemed wise for his age & occupation

>peak of athletic abilities
>preaches about not putting limits on yourself
>only runs 5 miles

bruce lee could karate chop a 300lb concrete laced punching bag so that it swing up and hit the ceiling. he could also do two cock pushups.

He beat the fuck out of Chuck Norris on the regular. I like this slope for that alone.

He probably would have done pretty well in mma. His reflexes and technique were quite good.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VHUDy7_wfZ8

heath ledger is not a legend he did one good role and he only became super popular because women fancy him

could he be a normal height?

The only people that think bruce lee had any charisma are people that don't know the chinese

the chinese business men use the same body language of bruce lee, they try to sell you whatever bullshit in every way possible

The thing is that, people who think bruce lee was some kind of god, are the same people that don't have any fighting training in the first place, bruce lee NEVER attempted to prove himself in a fight, not even sparring (which is laughable because all martial arts do thousands of sparring sessions to refine their techniques, bruce lee has not even ONE footage of sparring), also bruce lee trained his body just for showing off purposes, he did laughable routines with dumbbells and with zero preparation for fighting (he didn't train his neck, a must for any fighter)

There is a footage of him punching and kicking a heavy bag and it's laughably bad

youtube.com/watch?v=aObGLTfJa1w

youtube.com/watch?v=Mf3j_X_FopY

Basically the Godfather of MMA. Also would be win in an MMA match? Probably not. His back was fucked up. If it was a street fight though he'd have a good chance vs just about anyone who ever lived.

People worry to much about MMA but even though that is closer to a real street fight it is still not the same. For 15 seconds in an anything goes no pads fight he would be lethal.

He's cool but he literally only has one good movie.

What body language?

like an asian nigger trying to sell you drugs, moving their heads with asian swag, like some deep oriental yakuza shit

Small, lightning quick and powerful with top level martial arts. He even created his own MA. Obviously he would need 2 train MMA, but yes potentially he could have been championship level. We will never know thou :(

Dat last smile. Charming and hot af

>being pretentious about fighting ability and technique
>can't even recognize when it's different people
The ones you're making fun of are literal students, not even Bruce Lee. The one side kick of his in the beginning of the video was absolutely perfect

Because they were not famous to begin with?

he wanted to be white

He only ran 5 miles with that dude, who was his friend. I'm sure he could run much more than that. Besides , 5 miles a day is more than enough considering he probably followed it up with hours of sparring, calisthenics, martial arts practice, swimming etc .

The 70s were a much different time.
People thought the WWF was real

its quality posts like this that remind everyone that not only are weebs autistic and smelly, but they are retarded and can't read as well.

literally one punch man tier workout

He kicked a guy so hard he flew into into another guy and broke his arm. How based do you have to be to kick someone and break someone else's bones?

Simply genius.

>Too bad he killed himself with too little fat.

"SPEED IS POWER!"

Jesus christ are you stupid or retarded.

he was exceptional because he was an absolute fanatic for physical training and martial arts. every single day he devoted to intense physical training.

considering all the great fighters themselves have said he was untouchable leads me to think that there is truth to his prowess. you can even see his insane speed if you slow down some of his movie fights. he knew how to use his entire body to his strikes and was incredibly precise and quick. since kinetic energy is 1/2 mv^2, it's not at all "fake" to know his strikes had some intensity to them.

This post is laughably bad. This mind boggles to thing of all the terrible shitposts you made leading up to this.

Today, OP was the biggest fag imaginable

crowder broke it down nicely

youtube.com/watch?v=yMFVOtvQ29k

Yeah,the world was different back then. His bona fides come from being a legit street fighter from Hong Kong, not from being an actor.

He was a quarter white, stupid

>Is he overrated
A bit but not really, he was really really good at hitting things with his appendages.

This is dumb. Having your dumb friends giggling along with you does not make your argument valid. And the fact that BL wasn't in the UFC is, dare I say, not an argument.

I like Crowder but this is just stupid. Dude needs to stick to politics.

it's a comedy show retards

Why didn't he show the actual footage from the article at 5:27? He cut it to a completely different video the footage is here

youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bxsKqWlwk

It's pretty bad then.

It just comes off stupid where was the comedy?

gross, couldn't get more than 30 seconds into this. is this what you kids watch these days?

i've seen funnier comedy on the tonight show

sPARRING AGAINST YOUR PUPPIL

OK

atleast Jacky Chan was a confirmed ragetard who spent his early life beating the shit out of people

I don't know but that sparring looks fake, the pupil is too exaggerated when he gets hit

>that sparring looks fake
it's a fucking show

Bruce Lee was just hte biggest chinese sellsman in history

I never said that it was a true sparring match, I am saying he used completely different footage,. Calm down autist.

We all know what you tried to say.

test

I heard that he was fake and gay

how can you know? maybe he would have been an mma champion

There's footage of Steven Segal "fighting," but I don't think he's an actual fighter.

Bruce Lee isn't a fighter: he's an actor/showman. Always been the case.

>invented jeet kune do, permanently changing the face of martial arts
No, he was not overrated.

He's a legitimate street fighter. Sparring against some other dude in full padding isnt the same thing. This is why true Kung Fu never made it into MMA: lots of people will start dying.

kys

>He's a legitimate street fighter.
How do you know that?

Lee was always getting his ass kicked when he was a kid in street fights, and then Ip Man took him under his wing and taught him how to fight. This shit's second grade. Sup Forums really is getting dumber and dumber.

Yeah I also have watched the movie or documentary but how do you know those fights really happened and that he won them,

yeah i also saw how ipman fucked tyson lol so epic

youtube.com/watch?v=6HvnRvUSHr4

How about we meet up and I kill you instead?

okay bro but watch out you may kill yourself if you don't look after your deadly hands while you shower bro

what

please sansha im dying aghghhhg

>and that he won them
Why do I always find myself talking to people who can't even read? He looked for martial arts training so he'd stop losing street fights.

The man was actually a physical genius.

popularmechanics.com/science/health/a3093/the-science-of-bruce-lees-one-inch-punch-16814527/

this would be lethal in a street fight

So he wasn't even a good street figther then, ooooooook.

i think mike tyson eyes would fucking break your hands desu

I recommend this book if y'all want to know about he got his physique and what exercises went into it. I got it as a gift and put off reading it for a few years, finally got around to it and it motivated me to convert my entire basement into a home gym.

Are you eight years old? Why the fuck would he have wanted training in the first place if he was a born master? Half of his legendary status was the fact that he built himself up from the bottom of the barrel.

How expensive is a home gym using this method?

No hes not. There are many accounts from people he fought that said he literally destroyed them. The thing about Lee is that hes not a compettition or sport fighter thats why we dont hear any of his achievements like championship belts etc. He was a real fighter who fights in the street with no rules, referees etc. Just combat to survive. if you look at his videos most of his techniques are lethal, he designed them to target the eyes, or the balls and any other body parts which would not be permissible in todays sport fighting. But hes not a superhuman either I remember there was a documentary back then where a doctor commented his brain swelling that led to his death was not a result of allergy but his brains could no longer keep up with the growth and pressure from his body from the extreme training he put himself through. He was known to do all kinds of batshit crazy training like poking his finger through a socket and challenging the electric current.

Yeah you can say it how you want but we are discussing here if he was a real fighter, nothing more.

Is that really the narrative? seems a lot got stolen from him when he died...

Bruce is a legend
you OP are just some anonymous faget posting on Sup Forums

can you figure-out this oneon your own?

Now even your sentences have gone to shit. He got trained by fucking Ip Man himself. That's argument enough that yes, Bruce Lee could fight.

His political comedy isn't even that funny. He can't even get a rise out of Cenk

You mean, like every fighter out there?

just fucking admit that you bought all the bruce lee image, he can't fight for shit

Ipman was a fucking senile man, and his stories are false, do you believe the fucking chinese? half their history is false bullshit

he can beat you up OP. thats all that matters in this context.

Ith Man, get outh of my town

Ip MAN XD

please, stop it... has he any fight record?

This.

As a man, I'll always respect those who build their own power. We can sit here on our computers all day and debate it, but let's face it, NONE of you would see Mike Tyson is fucking crazy if he was in the same room as you. And that dude eats ears. Fucking ears.

Just because Bruce is dead doesn't change the fact if he was in the same room as me, the last thing I would say is he's overrated. The man could snap my neck like a twig on a whim if he wanted. I'd just be glad that he wouldn't.

So where do you live you little got fuck lets do this

Oh yeah just because Bruce Lee, a guy that trained all his life in martial arts could beat me, a regular person, then he is extraordinary. That doesn't have any sense.

There's a shit ton in there so I had to be selective based on my budget and space. For instance he did a lot with a Marcy Circuit Trainer machine with cables and stuff, which I wasn't going to buy. I already had a heavy bag. For new stuff I dropped $340 on a rack, $150 on a bench, and $140 on gym flooring. I save on weights, bars, etc. by buying used on craigslist, which came to roughly $250 for what I needed. So whatever all that adds up to. Wasn't cheap but it's been about 6 months and I feel like I'm pretty much set.

>he can't fight for shit
He was practically kicked out of Hong Kong for beating the shit out of his fellow students after he'd been trained.

Sounds like it'll take awhile, but it doesn't seem undoable. Thanks, user.