Well, that sucked

Well, that sucked

better than trash like Civil War
I enjoyed Mister Doctor.

I'd put on the upper end of Marvel films. Not as good as Iron Man but not as bad as Iron Man 2.

It was an all round solid film with nothing particularly spectacular about it.

It was okay.
>plot was weak
>villain was weak (like in all marvel movies)
>cumberfuck was good
>visuals were decent
>magic was cool
>romance sub-plot was unnecessary

6.8 / 10

>I enjoyed Mister Doctor.

would have been more effective if that joke and the wi-fi one were not spoiled in the trailer

would also have been nice if marvel didnt waste MADS FUCKING MIKELLSEN as another disposable villain who isnt in the film for 10 fucking minutes

>MIKELLSEN
you mean the shit tv hannibal and boring bond villian
pretty much exactly as he's always been really

>it's okay when Marvel does it
wew

>Civil War

You know, I just watched that last night for the first time, and god damn did it fucking suck. Spider Man was the best part of the movie, and even then only the parts where he's not being an annoying fuckwit are good (i.e. any time he's not given lines just for people to roll their eyes at his presence).

Actually Dr Strange was the same super hero origin movie we've seen over and over again.
At least Civil War was something different and managed to somehow balance each character appropriate according to importance to the story, despite there being so many.

The movie was generic and forgettable.
Marvel Studios are a bunch of pussies who arent willing to take risks from their properties.

And what the fuck was that at the end? That was supposed to be Dormammu? He looked so fucking stupid, just a big wavy cgi face. Something more faithful to pic related would have been much cooler. Maybe make him still giant, but just look more like that.

But it didn't, it was great.

>DUDE QUIPS LMAO

into the trash it goes

That would look stupid as fuck on screen. The movies aren't made for us they're made for people that don't know who Dormammu is. He comes from a dimension of what looks like floating dust particles in the movie, why would he have a body?

A giant flamey ripple head like that would've been cooler. When you see a human face in it, looking like a vagina, you kinda recognize humanity and are less afraid. His world was neat though.

Fuck you dude. You know if this was Fox or WB who made these changes, you'd be throwing a bitchfit. Literally your post is the very definition of it's okay when Marvel does it.

Obvious bait.

Im not saying make an exact replica of THAT on screen, but they can very easily adapt that.

Dont even give me that "it's made for normies" bullshit when normies have eaten up all the other ridiculous stuff in the MCU. Thanos, Rocket and Groot, Ultron, Giant Man, Celestials from GotG

>He comes from a dimension of what looks like floating dust particles in the movie, why would he have a body
right but at that point why even give him a face at all? I know why they did it, for the audience, but in THAT world what reason does he have to have eyes and a mouth? None really, so might as well go all the way and make him actually look cool and not fucking stupid.

>beyonce

That would look like a power rangers villain on screen

to communicate with Strange/the other people?

When Strange first sees a glimpse of Dormammu all he really sees is eyes staring at him. Which was Dormammu's way of telling Strange that he was aware of Strange's presence. Later we see Dormammu materialize a whole face to communicate with Strange.

It was also Benedict's face that they used for Dormammu too. So was that really his form or just an image to talk with Strange? I don't think Dormammu just chills around as a floating head in a dimension that he has complete control over.

Which has been done a couple of times already in the MCU

>would have been more effective if that joke and the wi-fi one were not spoiled in the trailer
That's why you avoid trailers.

>visuals were decent

B-BAIT ALERT

Right, so I'm not gonna complain about them going a different route with Dormammu

these are all assumptions youre putting together

The fact of the matter is, he looked stupid. It would have been aesthetically cooler and more memorable if they went more faithful with it. You can't please everyone I know, but I highly doubt most casuals who never heard of Dormammu would have left the theater going "Man, I really wish that guy was a bland wavey giant floating head instead of a giant wearing other worldly armor with a fire head"

Also you're trying to put together logic for a movie that straight up tells you to ditch logic.

But the thing is just because it's a different route doesnt mean it's better.

My main complaint about the MCU in whole is that they always play it safe with the movies so it ultimately becomes a series of bland and forgettable movies.

The few times they where they didn't play it safe is when they made a couple of Villains look like hoakier Power Ranger villains. I loved how Red Skull's face was mostly practical effects, and how the Ice giant straight up looked like Ivan Ooze, cus you don't see shit like that anymore in modern action movies. Those select few villains in the MCU are kinda in a way the little risks Marvel Studios takes in a movie series mostly comprised of safe, bland predictability.

So when we have Dormammu entering the MCU why add to the pile of shitty forgetable CGI villains when they coulda done something cool with it.

>People are literally bitching about Dormammu's head being the wrong color

>romance sub-plot was unnecessary
I don't think there's ever been a cape film in which one was necessary but that won't fucking stop them

>Mister?
>Doctor
>Mister Doctor?

I just want it to end. And I mean everything

It's for the bitches, they love this stupid shit.

I'm putting assumptions together from something that exists. The concepts that were made in the movie.

You are putting assumptions together from something that does not exist in the movie. You can't say that I can not assume things while also saying that another design for a character would have been objectively better for a movie already made.

You are saying "Design X is objectively bad. I think design Y is subjectively better." Why would a giant armored guy with a flaming head be better? Unless they changed the design of the dark dimension it would not fit aesthetically at all.

It wasn't bad, but I feel like there was blatantly about 25-30 minutes of material cut from the last 40% of the movie.

Also, did anyone care about Mordo leaving? He left for no valid reason and it had no impact. Wong was way more likable than mordo.

>>romance sub-plot was unnecessary
It was barely in the movie and served almost entirely to facilitate the hospital astral projection scenes, show strange as being fallible as a sorcerer, and eventually show him getting past himself.

Jut because it's "faithful" doesn't mean it's better either. It would have been a CGI villain either way.

Really I'm just tired of all the bitching about comics accuracy. I'm tired of being called a casual, or a MCUck, or a "disneykid," or whatever stupid meme you idiots are forcing this week. When in reality, I've just been reading long enough to realize that the movies are yet another interpretation by another team of writers and artists.

Also, that Dormammu picture is from a video game based on a recent comic and not representative of what he's always looked like. Yet it's the only one I keep seeing which suggests that people are not actually fans, they're just casually familiar with Dormammu and are looking for something to be upset about.

The visuals were decent but idek I felt they got old after a while. Like "ooh cool" but it felt like it was just superficial. Which I get because well its the visuals but i feel like it could've been done in a way that feels more weighty.

This is too reasonable and too mature of a post.

Get the fuck out.

Civil War was better, kys faggots

This movie would have been better without the magic subplot, honestly.

Im not even concerned with comic accuracy, it's the fact what they went with was shit.
I only say they shoulda adapted that picture is because that would have been infinitely cooler than fucking paralax from the green lantern movie.

If they coulda came up with something that was awesome that was different that woulda been fine too, but they came up with something different that was shit... and kinda lazy from a design standpoint which is weird considering how much effort they put into the other visuals.

>shit tv hannibal
Are you 12?

>You are putting assumptions together from something that does not exist in the movie. You can't say that I can not assume things while also saying that another design for a character would have been objectively better for a movie already made.
lol just about anything would be better than giant cgi face.

>You are saying "Design X is objectively bad. I think design Y is subjectively better." Why would a giant armored guy with a flaming head be better? Unless they changed the design of the dark dimension it would not fit aesthetically at all.
Or they could change the design of dormammu from picture, I dont necassairly mean 100% accuracy, just not a lazy cgi giant face.
Why would they have to change the aesthetic of the dark dimension itself? You don't think Marvel could design an other worldly full bodied being to fit in that world? Use your imagination.
And still, you're trying to apply logic to a movie that tells you to forget about logic.