/CTG/ Channel-tans General

Ménage à trois Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2016/11/02/turners-streaming-service-for-film-geeks-filmstruck-goes-live/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulu#Content_partners
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuppie
youtu.be/zvSupIEOfHg
youtu.be/qO-Np9-pIkY
koalacola.tumblr.com/tagged/Stardust-Avenue
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxtel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_cross-ownership_in_the_United_States#The_.22Big_Six.22
youtu.be/z-KzGKoLHXk
youtu.be/QZXc39hT8t4
imgur.com/M9A8gV8
nytimes.com/1999/09/08/business/making-media-giant-overview-viacom-buy-cbs-forming-2d-largest-media-company.html
articles.latimes.com/1999/sep/08/news/mn-7841
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Welcome to /CTG/!

>dat CN

I approve this OP

In other news: Papa Turner is having a midlife crisis and wants to be 'cool' once again.

techcrunch.com/2016/11/02/turners-streaming-service-for-film-geeks-filmstruck-goes-live/

>FilmStruck, a new streaming service aimed at film geeks developed by Turner Classic Movies, has now launched

>Those films will be exiting Hulu on November 11, where they have previously been hosted.

Fucking shit, that's savage. Poor Hulu.

I like this one although I do not know anything about French.

Damn, does anyone treat Hulu right?
She doesn't deserve this.

Very nice

It's because she's related to FOX, and everybody's hates FOX.

>oversized hoodie, neon-ish hair, dark skin.
Dude she's cute as no surprise, nice fanart by the way

actually she's related to every family from Disney to Vivendi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulu#Content_partners

Friendly reminder, Papa Turner has no chill

>filename

is that a reference to Mozart L'Opera Rock?

I want to think Hulu is best friends with all of the channels and corporations, but they treat her like a distant relative.

>Hulu eats at everyone's dinner table but they are wary of the Fox child.

At least she's nicer than Netflix.

No wonder, Turner Broadcasting System was born in the 80's. I guess when Papa Turner was young he was one of the first Yuppies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuppie

>youtu.be/zvSupIEOfHg

That was fast but yeah
Nice catch

He has been kicking ass for a long time

Gulli-tan has a nice design, cute and simple and the detail of the earrings was very interesting.

She doesn't belong to any family and yet she is related to all of them, what a sad life.

Meanwhile Netflix is a complete stranger out of nowhere that has been made with powerful alliances. That is terrifying.

>At least she's nicer than Netflix.

>In 1970, Ted Turner, then owner of a successful Atlanta-based outdoor advertising company, purchased WJRJ-Atlanta, Channel 17, a small, struggling Ultra High Frequency station, and renamed it WTCG, for parent company Turner Communications Group. By careful programming acquisitions, Turner guided the station to success. During December 1976, WTCG originated the "superstation" concept, transmitting via satellite to cable systems.

Turner had a humble origin but slowly made an effort to create his own television company and got the fortune he has today with that effort so that is a perfect description for him.

>Hulu, a joint venture with The Walt Disney Company (through Disney-ABC Television Group) (30%), 21st Century Fox (through Fox Entertainment Group) (30%), Comcast (through NBCUniversal) (30%), and Time Warner (through Turner Broadcasting System)(10%, minority stake)

She's related to Disney, Fox and Comcast with just a bit of Turner/TW in her as well. But her president was a Fox president.

She has all those parents, but she's been mostly on her own.

He works hard to get what he wants, he was never part of the elite and worked from the ground up.

wait what, oh shit those ear rings are based on her logo lol

I dunno why but that reminds me of Wall Street

>That's the problem with money -- it makes you do things you don't want to do.

Just like La Cosa Nostra, she works with them, but she isn't one of them.

>I dunno why but that reminds me of Wall Street
Because to get where Turner is at now, he had to do some shady things. Hell, there probably the dead body of an executive in Montana. To get what you want in the business world you gotta either buyout the competition or utterly destroy them.

You don't get to the top by being friendly.

This needs an update

OH SHIT, THE BUNNY!

You're right but it's too late, next weekend for sure!

youtu.be/qO-Np9-pIkY

don't forget that he is also the creator of Captain Planet

>But her president was a Fox president.

Is that the man who sold Fox Kids?

That's kinda cute, who's the artist?

... I am not sure, but could be possible

Speaking of updates, have you guys done Foxtel yet? Foxtel's pretty big in Australia...also they own fox8.

Fatz Geronimo
koalacola.tumblr.com/tagged/Stardust-Avenue

Not really, could you tell us something about it, Noir?

It sounds cool may could you make a design? your update for WB was neat

>Hell, there probably the dead body of an executive in Montana.

Jesus Christ, how horrifying. Papa Turner go wild.

thanks famala

Nah that was their president around 00-04, this guy took his place

All of our corporate personifications have done horrible things to get what they wanted. It's business Who knows how many people they screwed over to get to the top.

Who knows how many people and other businesses they backstabbed.

>In the channel-verse the rest of the smaller corporations are fearful of the Big Six and do their best to stay away from them.

Here's a tiny The N, take care of her /ctg/

It's an underworld that only the companies know, the channels believe that their parents are saints who have never hurt anyone.

She's so smol

Cute, and the little bounce is adorable

>The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

Nice pixel f-am

Foxtel is a pay television company, and most Australian households have it. Or use to, when people still watched TV.
One of their parent companies (50% shares) are Telstra, which is an infamous telecommunications company Aussie's love to complain about. Anyways, foxtel is basically what allows us to watch most TV. I dunno what the American equivalent is. Maybe TV guide? As it has a foxtel TV guide? I dunno. Maybe it's not relevant.

Have a wikipedia page to help me explain: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxtel

Thanks. I'm up for making a tan for foxtel as well, sure.

Who are the members of the Big Six?

But you're talking about the Fight Club!

Aww, that's cute. Lovely, gif.

Nobody would dare mess with their kids and are fearful when their parents come to the playground.

I'm just picturing Turner Vi and Disney corporation bringing their young to a playdate with Discovery Kids or PBS Kids and the parent is wondering how in the hell they're gonna deal with this.

heres a colored version of Foxnow

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_cross-ownership_in_the_United_States#The_.22Big_Six.22

Comcast
Walt Disney Company
21st Century Fox
Time Warner
Viacom
CBS

If it's a company then I imagine a business woman with no shits to give "in this place is kill or be killed". Probably even more cruel than Fox because she governs the Australian market without competitors.

Shit, that's hot

It's ironic but that's the same number of villains in KND who control one of the show's groups, probably the Big Six have their own territory where they rule with an iron fist.

I see her being all business, but maybe she's actually laid back in comparison BECAUSE she doesn't have any major competitors.

Foxtel does tend to pull some annoying shit every now and then without really caring.

It looks much better, thanks user

'Member that time CBS had partial custody of Nickelodeon?

I can't see her as a good mom, not for lack of trying, but just because she has no real experience in dealing with children all that much. CBS' house is probably filled with crime novels, murder documentaries and police procedurals.

I would like to suggest an outfit if you don't mind, Noir

>youtu.be/z-KzGKoLHXk

CBS trying to take care of young Nick-tan

>Viacom and Turner visit Australia for the first time
>They are immediately received by Foxtel who is covered in blood
>They are shocked and worried
>"Don't worry pal, isn't mine."

hmmm nice, nice, give me a moment to work with this.

Just change the color scheme to those of the Foxtel logo and that's it

That's some good shit right there

Sure! good luck Noir

Anyone wrotte a greentext about the Channel tans switching personalitties?

I want my Boomerang and Stoner [as] swap!

Should she be Foxnow/news since she is a news reporter and all.

CBS is a terrible mother, at least Nick-tan is fine

Cool style user, reminds me of Oyami Hiro

>All of our corporate personifications have done horrible things

Even the Walt Disney Company? she seems to be a good girl

youtu.be/QZXc39hT8t4

How the channel-tans would even swap personality?

Some machine?

Magic?

Or like that ED,EDD, EDDY episode, where they had to pretend be each other?

Yes, this is how bad CBS is with kids.

CBS lets the kids watch CSI/or reads a murder mystery by Steven King and the children can't sleep at night because of the nightmares.

Vi: "CBS, why are my kids having nightmares?"
CBS: "I don't know, I just read them IT before bed."
Vi: "You have no idea how kids work, do you?"
CBS: "What's so hard about feeding them once a day?"
Vi "... I'm getting a baby sitter, for you."

>ED,EDD, EDDY episode, where they had to pretend be each other

This.

>Vi "... I'm getting a baby sitter, for you."

ain't rest for the wicked

The good thing is that Nick only needs water to survive, water and slime

It's happening! Turner, Fox and Viacom are meeting a new member of their gang!

TV Guide did everything for CBS and her reward was just a shitty channel with more music videos and pop news

I guess it's a challenge to decide which company has the best actors.

Pretty cool, does this artist has a blog or something?

imgur.com/M9A8gV8

She doesn't look after her own son, UPN. I don't think she can take care of her ex's child.

That's how Nick@Nite got introduced to Nickelodeon and his kids better. As a late night programming block she never really interacted with the rest of them. So when Viacom needed a babysitter, she volunteered for the job.

TV Guide needs to relax, but too bad her boss is CBS and the fact most people have television guides on their tv anyways.

Poor girl.

missed the orgy

user that's lewd... please continue

She's fine, she just needs more coffee.

Mornin /ctg/ Ima dump some sketches of Vine Tan I did last night

Coolio

>Turner, Viacom and HBO

Imagine if they had an alliance to destroy the others

But this was the time when the two of them were actually merged. Vi wasn't her ex, just yet.

nytimes.com/1999/09/08/business/making-media-giant-overview-viacom-buy-cbs-forming-2d-largest-media-company.html

articles.latimes.com/1999/sep/08/news/mn-7841

It only lasted six years though and due to stagnant stock prices and because the two heads of both companies couldn't get along, they split in 2006.

>The sex was boring and they always argued, that's why they got the divorce.

Morning F.a.g!

i dont know, you could ask in Sup Forums drawthread. The artist goes by the name Radicalbot

So cute, by the way welcome F.A.G

Man she's a bitch...

Very nice, I really like this design. too bad Vine is dying and twitter don't fucking care.

That was fast

They have and alliance, HBO and Viacom are the owners of Comedy Central, HBO belongs to Turner

Somehow these three are related

She isn't really a bitch, she's just been in the business for well over eighty years. She's a businesswoman first and her own person a distant second. Her first and only friends are the rest of the Alphabet Sisters and that's a friendship of rivals.

Her relationship with Viacom is even more odd and confusing.

But she does have fun on occasion, at the expense of others.

>On October 30, 1938, CBS gained a taste of infamy when The Mercury Theatre on the Air broadcast a radio adaptation of H. G. Wells's The War of the Worlds, performed by Orson Welles. Its unique format, a contemporary version of the story in the form of faux news broadcasts, had panicked many listeners into believing invaders from Mars were actually invading and devastating Grover's Mill, New Jersey, despite three disclaimers during the broadcast that it was a work of fiction.