Why did Tarantino partially narrative this in places?

Why did Tarantino partially narrative this in places?
It was really jarring.
Was this his way of vaguely cameoing in the film like he's done in his previous films?

It was his way of making a mediocre and disappointing movie

>tfw went to the bathroom during the song and poison narration
>rewatching the movie and disappointed that it actually shows her poisoning the coffee

>it actually shows her poisoning the coffee
>her

I thought Michael Madsen poisoned the coffee?

my b

He's an egotist and he just wanted to be part of the climax of one of his best movies.

Probably my only complaint, in a very good film.

>Why did Tarantino partially narrative this in places?

I assume you mean narrate. And there are a few reasons.

First is as an homage to itallian exploitation films, which he's influenced by.

Second is the cameo angle.

Third is that narration is actually a very quick way to cover plot exposition for something like poisoned tea without having to dwell on it too much.

See, the poisoned tea is an important story beat, and you need to make sure the definitely audience sees it, but you've also got to do it in such a way that the characters don't, and you also have to do this without bogging the whole (already long) movie down by spending too much time on it. This last bit is also a important because if you draw this out visually, the moment of realization for the audience is slow, rather than immediate, which lessens the sudden "hahaha oh snap" effect.

Short answer: a quick bit of narration accomplishes everything Tarantino needs it to.

It was the worst part of the movie by far. It was "style" for the sake of style.

I still liked it for the great actors, music, setting, and fun violence, but it didn't have a lot of substance really.

Tarantino's a great director, but the only time he ever did a really good screenplay was Pulp Fiction.

It's why all his other movies are good, but just lacking a bit, esp when compared to Pulp Fiction.

>poisoned tea
Welp, there goes your argument

Hard to call a vingnette film a 'good screenplay' it's not measured by any of the same standards as a regular screenplay.

Best Tarentino Screenplay was Inglorious Bastards or Resevoir Dogs.

The whole "shoot him in the dick" was a pathetic cop out.

You know as well as I do that Tarantino was writing the script and hit a brick wall. He was lost. He had no idea what to write. Up to that point, the film was the greatest Mexican standoff in cinema.
Then he obviously got bored (or ran out of coke) and literally said "shoot him in the dick". That's how he decided to break the epic stand-off - he shot him in the dick. Out of nowhere. For no good reason. And a pure deus ex machina to boot. He just shot him in the dick.

This film was 5 stars until that moment. They were hyping some kind of resolution. It was interesting and tense.
Then he just shot him in the dick. And it became 2 stars.

GG Tarantino, here's your Academy Award.

>Hard to call a vingnette film a 'good screenplay' it's not measured by any of the same standards as a regular screenplay.

This is so mind numbingly absurd and idiotic.

It's not, when you consider that 99.9% of films with theatrical releases adhere pretty strictly to a standardized three act structure with major plot beats at specifically timed intervals.

That's a nice poster.

most spaghetti westerns don't have narration.

The entire movie fell apart once Channing Tatum came out the basement.

.02 cents have been deposited into your Patreon for the review of the year. You really should review movies on YouTube, man.

:^) it was a timed edition screen print, I bought one.

Poisoned tea could be done effectively with the right camera angles. The narration was complete shit and treated the audience like retards.

he very kindly marked the part of the movie where it drastically went downhill

>it was really jarring

You're a very delicate person aren't you? Maybe talk to your doctor about a xanax prescription for those stressful days. Have him check your amygdala while you're there.

"Style" for the sake of style is the very definition of Quentin Tarantino's body of work.

Agreed. It made no sense. It was just beyond lazy.
He had set up a bunch of potential avenues for resolution - the outhouse and the civil war thing, just off the top of my head.
And then he decided to introduce a whole new character (who only lived for less than 2 minutes) to resolved the main conflict in the movie. It's objectively lazy storytelling. He didn't know how to tie everything together so he just went to the flashbacks meme.
It's almost as bad as making it "all just a dream".

Yeah but Tarantino isn't influenced exclusively by spaghetti westerns. The Italians made all sorts of shit.

This movie made me realize I hate Samuel L Jackson, he is clearly a libshit.

>Poisoned tea could be done effectively with the right camera angles.

But as effectively as what Tarentino went with?

I know the rule is generally show-don't-tell, but I honestly think this is a situation where the rule is meant to be broken.

>I'm suppose to take the guy from Vice Principals seriously
not on this film nor on his next one. He is a joke