That kid whose parents wouldn't let him read comics or watch cartoons because they were "satanic"

>that kid whose parents wouldn't let him read comics or watch cartoons because they were "satanic"

Well, they weren't wrong.

the kids parents were Satanic?

My cousins had it the worse.

Yu-gi-oh was satanic
DBZ was satanic
Pokemon was satanic

I had another group of cousins thats burned their spider-man dvd because one of them had a nightmare about the green goblin.

>he wasn't allowed to watch the simpsons

>americans

To be fair the yu-gi-oh manga/season 0 was pretty fucking dark

> both of my parents are orthodox christians
> dad actually comes from a family of Old Ritualists
> barely any control whatsoever when it comes to anything I read, watch or play
I visited them this summer and we watched Preacher together, they liked it.

I just didn't have access to comics. I lived in a small town, the closest comic book store was an hour away, so I never got into it.

Except Archie, drug stores had Archie so I would read those occasionally.

My parents didn't let me or my bro play Yu-Gi-Oh or watch Harry Potter. Let us play Pokemon though. Never thought it made much sense.

I remember a kid like that. He would always try and have everyone else's stuff banned at school because of it and talk about bible verses when he called a teacher.

>Be a young kid in the early 90's
>Bring several of my comics and toys to school for recess, with my teachers approval
>Hang out with friends who did the same
>And yet this fucking kid would go to the principal and try and get us all in trouble.

>It's now the 00's and we're playing Yu-gi-oh/listening to music
>Bible kid became even more of a damn zealot over the years, if possible
>This piece of shit would try and steal our things to rip up/destroy, even cd's
>Caught him one time going through my backpack
>He had one of my cd's and was scratching it with a rusty nail
>Get so fucking pissed I punch him in the nose and make it bleed
>Teacher breaks us up
>We go to the principal's office and I tell them what happened
>He even admits he's been stealing shit just to destroy them
>His parents arrive and they aren't even like him and agree to replace what he destroyed

>He comes back a few days later and he avoids everyone from now on and that's the end of it
>He's known as a thief and no one trusts him/avoids him most of the time

His name was Brandon and now I see him on the streets waving bible verses on signs most of the day. I feel sorry for him.

>have friend
>his mom is weird
>won't let him play Link to the Past because it has "magic" and magic is evil and not christian
>my mom won't let me play mortal kombat, too violent
>we go to each others houses to play those games
moms are weird. did your mom let you have Surge?

Pokemon doesn't have straight up magic like the other two.

One of my friends got some Magic the Gathering cards for his birthday. As soon as he opened the box his little brother ran off to tattle on him for having "satanic" games.

>mfw banned from watching Rocko's Modern Life by my dad one day when he walked by, probably because of some innuendo that flew over my head
>despite my mom making me a pretty sick Rocko costume for Halloween the year before

There wasn't a comic shop nearby, and parents would never take me, so the only comic books I really read were the Archie Digests/Double Digests. Those were my "the breakfast club", what I thought high school would be like when I got to it, the same way other people got to see those teenager movies in middle school.
Looking back, Archie isn't bad, they're just really wholesome so it's best when it's Reggie/Jughead stories since they fuck with the others.

The ONE TIME my dad brought me to a comic book shop, he was doing something with baseball cards. I found a box of 10 cent comics, he let me get 10. There was a furry comic in it. It had, if I remember right, a rabbit girl with tits masturbating under a tree, and a dog who had a crush on her.

>TFW that kid was me.

You don't know how hard it is to sneak that kind of shit with helicopter parents who only want you watching the Christian channels. It was literally /everything/ too.

Spongebob is trying to brainwash the youth into being gay.

Spider-Man promotes violence.

Pokemon is going to turn me into a Satan worshiper like the creators.

Batman is going to convince me to start doing drugs.

>make friend in dnd group
>we chill and i learn she escaped a super religious family
>jack chick comics distributed by the church
>book/game burning bonfires held regularly
>mfw shit like this really still exists

>Batman is going to convince me to start doing drugs.
How? Just how did they manage to come up with this one?

>Batman is going to convince me to start doing drugs.

>Yu-gi-oh was satanic
>DBZ was satanic
>Pokemon was satanic

Such was the childhood of hundreds of kids in Mexico

Hey man it worked for me B)

Rumors spreading amongst their friends or some shit? Knowing them as well as I do I imagine the conversation went something like this:

>That Batman movie that came out has a lot of dark themes.

>Dark themes?!? What if a kid watches it?

>I heard someone dies in it!

>I heard there's imagery meant to indoctrinate children!

>I heard there's children who do drugs in the movie that don't get punished!

>That must be what they want, to convince more kids to buy drugs!

That would be followed by a search of my room for any comics at all. But I grew passed that at that point. I started getting my friends to keep my comics at their place. In turn they got to read whatever I got, so they'd buy other shit, and read the ones I bought for free.

>Mfw my name is also Brandon.