Twin Peaks

I'm not a big movie or television guy, but I just watched season 1 and was intrigued at times but was sort of off-put by the corniness which as I understand was the intention of the creators of the show. Would you recommend the second season to a somewhat televison and film novice or does the show get worse? I ask this because I read a bit about the program and apparently the creator was somewhat unhappy with the project in the next season(?)

I literally have only heard of David Lynch through this video youtube.com/watch?v=DQ-6gQdsRO8

Finish it. It has some boring episodes in the middle, but it pays of in the end.

>I literally have only heard of David Lynch through this video
What the hell are you doing here?

If you liked the dream sequence with Mike, Bob, Laura, and the midget you'll probably like the rest of the series because it ups the dream elements. Season 2 is widely agreed to stumble around the middle because they were forced to reveal the killer and if anything is overall even cornier than season 1.

Disregard this. Season two is a cornball overload, and you already seem like a low-IQ who is probably only interested in the "ooh, mystery "aspect of the show which won't have a satisfying conclusion for you.

I loved season 1 then got bored around the middle of season 2. I'm going to finish it one day but I can't muster the enthusiasm at the moment.

Yes you should continue the series and watch fwwm before season 3. Enjoy frienlo!

>What the hell are you doing here?

Just a tourist to be honest. I rarely post in Sup Forums mostly /fit/ and /ck/.

Yeah I absolutely enjoyed that scene. It was very peculiar, very strange. I guess I can live with the corniness, it just seems like such an odd combination of themes. Again I'm not a big television or film guy, but the show so far is definitely not like anything I've seen before.

keep watching friend, S2 has some low-points but also amazing peaks, and the movie after S2 is the best part of the series. The new season is fantastic as well.

Don't go in Twin Peaks threads though, spoilers abound

>tfw no Audrey gf

>they will never invite you to their cabin to drink hot cocoa and play Sega Genesis games while sharing a blanket by the fire

Look at this. Look at this Sup Forums. This is how polite and civil posters from other boards are. You should be ashamed Sup Forums.

Thank-you for reading

It gets great from S2 E1 to E9.

S2 E7 is very well done and well regarded

Then E19-21 is good, and 22 is the best.

S3 is the best season.

Yeah from all the non-spoiler reviews I've read I see the trend that season 2 dips off in quality but season 3 is very highly regarded. I will watch it for sure. The Twin Peaks world really is something.

Season 3 is much harder to digest for an average viewer, though, so beware and maybe learn more about Lynch's style after finishing Season 2.

Bear in mind that S3 is a culmination of Lynch's career, with countless allusions to his past works. To better appreciate it, at least be famiiiar with some of his films. I'd say Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, and Mulholland Drive will give you an idea of what he's all about before diving into S3, I'm sure other anons will have different opinions.

>Season 3 is much harder to digest for an average viewer, though,

Not if you love supernatural/sci fi/time travel/paranormal shit and creativity and imagination.

*familiar
Also don't forget to watch Fire Walk with Me and The Missing Pieces before S3.

Would a good operating plan be to watch Eraserhead and Blue Velvet before starting season 2?

I literally started watching S3 on E3 and liked it. I then watched a couple more and then decided to watch S1 and S2 to catch up.

I already knew generally what was going on in S3 because years ago I read the plot synopsis of the original series, so I understood who Dale was and why he was... well I won't spoil it.

I thought S3 had more similarities with Lost Highway than Blue Velvet personally. but then again its been a while since I've seen it

You don't have to watch them. I still haven't seen those films and I enjoyed all seasons of TP.

Not obligatorily. I'd say Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks as a whole share a lot of themes in common though. Eraserhead is Lynch at his most idiosyncratic and experimental, more on par with the tone of some parts of S3.

Finish Twin Peaks first. And don't forget to watch Fire Walk With Me, that's essential for Season 3.

I think I will watch them to be honest. The more I have thought about it I really am intrigued with Lynch's style of storytelling. It is really not like anything I've seen before and I won't try to explain why I like it but it definitely has gotten my interest.

Very non linear storytelling, with symbolism, red herrings and darkness

The Missing Pieces are very well done but S3 contradicts them, which sucks because I love that 3 1/2 hour fanedit that has the two together

In what way does it contradict them apart from woodsmen not being black?

Probably because they changed what they were originally going to do in the sequels.

S3 was never meant to happen, was supposed to have FWWM and then 2 movie sequels to wrap it up.

Mainly the Judy references. She's made to be an actual person who has a place and agrees with Jeffries on something, and who may have left him a note in Buenos Aires. It's only a couple scenes but as it turned out one of them was crucial. There's also a contradiction to the film itself, where Jeffries states its February 1989 when that scene takes place a year before Laura's murder.

And this is just my opinion but that hook at the end with the nurse, Annie and the ring turned out to be pointless and went nowhere. Not to mention Dale is very concerned for Annie still in the Missing Pieces but doesn't even mention her in S3. Not a contradiction outright but it just doesn't seem a natural character progression to me.