The USA needs another New Deal

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

jill2016.com/plan
youtube.com/watch?v=AQQon4tjlSA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

was complete shit

There will not be any more new deals or any deal period. We are gradually entering the age of AI and automation. The people that will still have good paying jobs in about 20 years time will be the lucky ones.

The rest will be barely scraping through on some form of UBI or repackaged welfare.

One of the reasons the New Deal happened was because they actually needed workers back then. Now, not so much

he's on it

You mean another war with Germany? I'm game.

You're right, automation puts economic policies aimed on employment in a situation never seen before.

He mostly advocates the opposite of a New Deal.

A GREEN New Deal?

jill2016.com/plan

Didn't he spend his way out of the recession? Isn't that not the way to do it?

We definitely need more infrastructure work that's for sure.

Yes, since the New Deal 1.0 has allowed our infrastructure to turn into pure shit, let's make the New Deal 2.0 so in 50 years the infrastructure will yet again, be pure shit.

Don't forget that politicians, union bosses, and other government employees need more benefits, higher pensions, and higher salaries because it's 2016.

Well, it was working moderately okay, but it was the Second World War that really pulled them out

youtube.com/watch?v=AQQon4tjlSA

He could do only so much, because everything was in shambles after the Great Depression and its mismanagement by Hoover.

He created the framework for the best 30 years of Capitalism in history (post WW2).

And, no, you can't spend yourself out of a recession. Raising government spending makes a lot of sense, but you need to return the debt afterwards.

I get the point about tariffs being detrimental as opposed to beneficial, but if you apply that logic to our modern society (i.e. globalized market where everybody trades freely, no regulations on who to trade with or to what extent), then you get Canada. Here in BC, the Chinese have basically purchased most of the property. For the US, it would mean many millions of jobs being outsourced (because chinks are willing to work for less) and Paco coming in over the border.
Is it worth it to maintain a healthy economy at the cost of your ethnic identity (the joke is we're all Chinese and Americans are all Mexican).

That's what I figured as well.

Ah, thanks.

Ignore that propaganda video link. Sowell is more of an ideologue than an economist.

>The USA needs to ruin its economic policy again

Come on, Hans.

>"Germany"
>America needs

We're still paying for the last JEW DEAL.

many here unironically believe it helped US economy

I think there should be "New Deal" levels of reevaluation of public spending, specifically in the realms of welfare, education, public works, and other social services that deincentivize idleness and makes it easier to get an education so long as you're learning something useful.

While you're at it, audit the FED and put in place a system to slowly manage the deflation of obvious bubbles that will burst and do more damage than good to the economy.

>le Alt-Right face

Do you know why businesses leave to Mexico/China? Because they have low minimum wages/little to no regulations. The USA has the highest corporate tax rate in the world, and a noncompetitive minimum wage that is based around de-growth.

Creating fortress America where we pretend that the USA = the entire planet is the roadway to economic failure.

tl;dr get rid of government controls on the economy and you won't have to send little Billy off to Vietnam to find work

The New Deal fucking help destroy our economy. Keynesian-ism does not work and will never work. Fuck off ahmed

Can you not just skim off the top during boom cycles? Like has it never occurred to anyone to pre-empt the inevitable recession by saving now and spending later so you don't have to go into massive debt?

You don't really want Chinese or Mexican working conditions. Maybe you think you want, but you don't.

They should unironically read this.

The problem with getting rid of the minimum wage is that suddenly the people who do most of the purchasing in the united states lose most of their purchasing power. Everyone is suddenly much more interested in saving money because an economy wide adjustment probably cuts the pay of most workers, educated or not.

It would have to be done slowly and there would have to be a lot of convincing done that it'd be better for the economy in the long run. I still think the perfect place to start getting rid of the minimum wage is urban inner cities. Welfare ensures no one is going to starve and when the areas are violent, prone to riots, and there isn't a whole lot of money circulating there anyway, you have to offer businesses something for them to think moving or expanding to those areas is worth the investment.

That's ideal Keynesianism, but you'll never see this happen. Governments seldom have the fiscal discipline. So they have to borrow in times of need.
Google Golden age of capitalism, retard.

Agreed.

they would call it capitalist propaganda.
I recently debated with economy students and they were unironically angry at Obama's libertarian economic policies which make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Ya just what we all fuckin need more government and taxes.

fuck off.

>Google Golden age of capitalism, retard.
I guess you forgot about the crashes in 1987. Any government intervention in the economy is like cancer.