youtube.com/watch?v=EdfF1pxpM2w
youtube.com/watch?v=8wwnKfpNREs
mega.nz/#!t8JmXLoa!5TaceRPvHgcqR1r5kjBMrApkvAlVKSc4koVUVijFKKM
youtube.com/watch?v=dUjKC4SF428
cytuDOTbe/r/casualwhostream
streamable.com/bb727
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PS thanks again /who/tube for making this guide

Reminder an incredibly based user here is literally the only person sharing copies of the S8 workprints on the internet
They are a legend and must be treasured

I love you too, Mcganon

Liz Ten: mega.nz/#!gpRU1SbL!VOEIAO7481P1l9CdBrn3jNGk9ex-RySYkQL9BHBWIWw

Time Shite: mega.nz/#!kxRwiCoB!ud3xbvNv2ggN4eB6tSTMs70whjqQ71Jf5RTB0bVBlx0

th-thank you..
just gotta edit myself into that pic

Anybody have a link to the BBV Faction audios? I tried VK, but they don't load.

i prefer the stream to here because theres no captcha or post time limit

Well that is what you'd expect of a chatroom as opposed to a message board.

everyone lets their hair down there too which is nice
and since theres no archive and messages are deleted every 20 or too its much more comfortable to talk since u dont get held to your word

mega.nz/#F!wJlGGSIb!hZWlj0xUNMYYJjRdFImLSA

Yknow another easy trick to be comfortable and not get held to your word?
Don't be a tripfag

im not but its still embarassing when you fuck up and people keep replying to, i cant just pretend i didnt make the post because i cant lie to myself like that
the stream if no one responds then people just forget
i hate that the archive records everything, if someone ever insults and old post and its me, ill know, ill know it was me

The only reason Sup Forums has Captcha and cool down times between posts at all is because of spambots.

youtube.com/watch?v=EdfF1pxpM2w
this video was made as a trailer for the series, to show to non-fans to get them interested. what does /who/ think of it? or what might you show in its place?

We all up for a comfy S8 leak stream tomorrow?

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Night allllll

How good are these? Has anybody here listened to them?

Of course, the leaks are pure kino
Night, sweet gothic dreams

>Tfw your shit trip is tomorrow.
>Tfw you get to talk about writing your story, doing some commentary and stuff.

McGanon, desu i'm psyched for your opinion, it being an 8 story(but discussion for tomorrow pls)

This is great and has lots of dialogue wins, but it's not the best. The first line is an incomprehensible gibber Clala; it cuts nonsensically between Doctors with no real introduction as to who they are (the uninitiated viewer might think they're four different people) (and even then, they might think whatsisface from L&M is a Doctor)
but it's really pretty and has great music and the "pure drama" "space" "time" is wonderful

if I were to do something similar, I'd sample mostly from the S4 specials onward (sorry 9) just because they're higher quality, prettier video

Pure kino. I gotta show it to my friends so hopefully I'll have someone irl to discuss Who with

Faction Paradox is literally nothing more than a meme. The amount of circlejerking people have over that glorified fanfiction pisses me off.

Night Neo and /who/!

and I'm sure I will

youtube.com/watch?v=8wwnKfpNREs
is it kino?

I haven't read it yet, but I'll be reading it tomorrow with the rest for book club - I'm super excited for it! I'll make sure to let you know what I think, but I'm sure it'll be wonderful, user.

I agree with you, it is a little bit nonsensical to someone who knows nothing about the show. That said, I do think it does well to capture the spirit of it and condense it enough that, if nothing else, a newcomer would be intrigued and want to learn more. It works as something you might show to someone either prior to or following a small bit of background information, imo. Particularly because they might have a few questions afterwards.

I hope it does the trick and gets them interested!

Sleep well, lym!

>Faction Paradox is literally nothing more than a meme
That's what the timelords said, and look what happened to them. They made human Tardises and still couldn't beat them

Broot of Her Swood, not that anyone would want it: mega.nz/#!t8JmXLoa!5TaceRPvHgcqR1r5kjBMrApkvAlVKSc4koVUVijFKKM

Btw I was Otherist in the stream chat. I will do the other two tomorrow and put them all in a nice little folder.

It makes the show seem a lot less fun than it is and it doesn't give a good idea of what it's about or what the Doctor's character is like. Also
>no Classic Who

Here's my favorite fan trailer, but it's kind of long.
youtube.com/watch?v=dUjKC4SF428

Yeah they're pretty good. The scripts for the Faction Paradox Protocols are better than the actual audios, since BBV was kinda shit production quality and they also randomly cut a lot of important parts for no goddamn reason (highlighted in red in the .docs). But even despite that, the stories are atmospheric af and very enjoyable overall. Given all the incredible worldbuilding and character development set up, it's a serious shame that they ended so prematurely when BBV randomly shut down the audios. Still waiting on the followup book detailing Loz's master plan for the Protocols audios and comics.

When Magic Bullet started with FP audios, they really wanted to do a standalone miniseries type thing, so while the two main characters + villain are the same, a lot of the little plot details from Protocols got dropped in the transition. That said, Magic Bullet's True History series is extremely tight story-telling, an incredibly awesome return / expansion of the Osirians + Sutekh from "Pyramids of Mars", with a bunch of the original actors. The final episode is a better Time War story than all of the War Doctor stuff combined, so I would definitely recommend.

Thanks for sharing your opinion user :)

I posted another fanvid with classic who in it (my favourite, actually!) in my last post: I agree, though. It makes it seem almost exclusively dramatic and serious, although the little clip at the end with 11 and Clara does dispel that a little. I still stand by my belief that it makes the show intriguing, though - that's the thing with trailers, they need to be able to pull new viewers in, without giving too much away. Ideally, anyways. I think for most people, something like that initial trailer I linked might do it.

When it comes to the trailer you linked - as much as I like it, because I really do - I feel that the appreciation for that comes too much from the place of someone who's already a fan. We already love the show, so to us it's good. But it's not the sort of trailer you could realistically show to someone who's never seen Doctor Who, and have them be interested, unless they're already particularly into shows like it. For the average person, something short, snappy and visually pleasing would usually do the trick. Classic is also a bit of an acquired taste in this day and age, and usually for viewers from younger generations, your best bet to get them interested is to show them nuwho, have them enjoy that, then introduce them to classic.

>overthinking a fantrailer
Someone needs to stop me sometimes. also i realise you probably didn't post that link to get my thoughts on it. sorry.

It does alright at making NuWho look cool, which I think works alright as far as getting non-fans into watching the show casually.

But for anyone wanting to really get into the meat of Doctor Who, an actual guide will better suit their needs.

Wtf why can't I post on the stream?

Tbh I think "no Classic Who" is a strength rather than a flaw. Maybe a clip or a quick montage, sure, but the best way to draw in new fans is DEFINITELY not by giving them the impression that they have to first make it through 30 years of bad video quality.

Trying to private message people does not work. It tells me my account is too new. I just want to shitpost on the stream -_-'

Indeed, but that's what it was designed for - capturing the interest of non-fans. Not a question of whether it's casual or not, imo. Most people will start out casually watching at first after all, even if only briefly. All that's needed is that initial interest - in whatever form it comes - and if they want to go deeper, they can from there.

So you do have an account, then? Hm. Not sure why it wouldn't be letting you post. Seems as though most people are afk at the moment on it anyway.

No I don't have an account. Just a guest login. Sorry I did not explain myself better. Just frustrated at this piece website of shit who does not explain itself.

Ah, I see. Well, you'll need to make an account and log in before you can speak in the chat, unfortunately. You don't need to enter an email or anything, though - just a username and a password.

What stream do we use nowadays? I notice whotube and ThoraxTime are both dead.

Here ya go my dude
cytuDOTbe/r/casualwhostream

Yeah, you're probably right about Classic Who, but that's the kind of thing that I found appealing when I was getting into the show. It's just hard to get in the mindset of the normie.

>Not a question of whether it's casual or not, imo. Most people will start out casually watching at first after all, even if only briefly.

I get the feeling you think I was trying to insult folks that have a casual interest in the show. That was definitely not my intent.

Oh, no no, user. Sorry, I didn't mean to come off that way. I meant in the sense that someone who's a total non-fan who starts to watch the show will usually not want to get into the "meat" of it all initially, so the trailer is perfect for the purposes it was invented for. Not so much beyond that, but that's okay. Still nice to watch, all the same.

It depends on the individual, really. I suppose if you're good enough friends with someone to drag them over and get them to watch a Doctor Who fanvid in the first place, you'll know them well enough to gauge whether they'd prefer to see the classic or the newer stuff. I just think the initial trailer I linked would probably do better to entice... well, normies. kek

Honestly, I can relate to this. Credit where credit it due, if I hadn't heard of the revival I would never have checked it out. But Classic Who is what I really found the most appealing.

Fair enough, although like you said it depends on the individual. Watching half a Christopher Eccleston episode at a convention one day was pretty much all it took for me to rev up my autism and do some research on the series.

It probably helped that I was already acquainted with stuff like the original Star Trek and Godzilla movies.

the artist of this picture is a cunt

Reminder that McGanon a cute

Lawrence Miles drew that picture?

Stream 8 tomorrow? Anyone up for it?

Johannes? y

>Johannes? y
Got into rage fit and wished for person to burn in hell when someone pointed out that Missy was joking that Doc originally was a little girl

truth

translation: he means the tv movie

JUST THIS ONCE

EVERYBODY TRIPS

Did I miss anything?
Seems not. It's weird they did not start the shooting yet. That probably means rumours that series 11 will be airing late 2018 or early 2019 are true.

I hope it'll be the former. We've gone too long without new episodes out.

>I hope it'll be the former. We've gone too long without new episodes out.
Meanwhile Briggs Finish.
Time in Office was actually pretty good.

I meant you were cute McGanon not McGann. But he's good too.

OH MY GOD i can't read. now i seem full of myself, god. that's embarrassing. this is what i get for not paying full attention all the time. i deleted the post, i fear it wouldn't have reflected well upon me out of context

th-thank you, though. you're very sweet!

wake up /who/

no

Feeling chilly, Cloister?

Guys, we all change, and so must I.

what is life

Pretty good, quite /u/

>plot of Deep Breath starts 40 mins into the episode
Explain this

Capaldi

deep breath had a plot?

guys he's so fucking cool

we know

Is that the San Francisco airport?

movie pacing

how do i get a jenna gf /who/?

You don't. Enjoy your loneliness.

tfw fell asleep on the stream

Thank you so, so much! Can't wait for this nice little folder! I'm so stoked someone actually came through with these.

fuck true

Just work on yourself.

I need more rare Eccleston's!

post the one with his todger

better to fall asleep on the stream rather than in the stream

>But it can't be...

Edward Russell was at Roath Loch on Monday so maybe soon???????

How do you trips manage posting on other boards? It's exhausting trying to make sure mine isn't on when I post somewhere else.

you dont have to trip you know. theres already enough identity stuff on the stream. or you can only trip when you specifically might need it here

I'm on /trash/ so I don't have to worry

>Eliza has to marry a hippopotamus-headed Egyptian goddess
>Justine gets audibly jealous

Golden Age?

I'm pleasantly surprised Faction Paradox is still going on.

guess who's back

streamable.com/bb727

>"but it can't be!"
>it was

this is my new fav meme

!

Unironically the best Doctor and companion

Not. Another. Word.

How accurate is this?