Godzilla: The Series

Anyone else watch this?

No

Yes.
Though I haven't watched the complete series DVD set that I bought ages ago.

I remember watching it as a kid on VHS.
My parents let me take anything I wanted from the kid's isle and I ended up watching only the first few episodes again and again.
It was either this or veggie tales.

go go go

but seriously, it was a damn fine show

The second best thing to happen from the '98 film.

The best, of course, being the release of the rest of the Heisei films at the time.

3rd best was the 98 films score which was phenomenal.

Yup.

But the Heisei films have nothing to do with the 98 film.

It was great.

The 90s were a time of inexplicably good cartoon spinoffs.
Like this or MIB

>The 90s were a time of inexplicably good cartoon spinoffs.
>Like this or MIB

Sony hit a weird trio of great spin-off cartoons with MIB, Godzilla and Extreme Ghostbusters all out at the same time. They also did the Jumanji series which I wasn't that into, though.

But look at Sony, now. WTF happened.

>Jumanji
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand here come the feels.

I love this whole fucking studio

>Adaptation of MIB. Should suck but turns out great
>Adaptation of 98 Godzilla. Should suck but turns out great
>reboots Ghostbusters as an extreme multi ethnic team with a handicapped kid. Turns out amazing.

Also big guy and rusty.

>Also big guy and rusty.
Mah nigga.

Between Big Guy For You, MIB, or Godzilla, which one had the best intro?
Because they were all based as fuck

They had a whole booth shaped like Zilla's head at some pizza place dedicated to watching it. I wasn't allowed in because "double digits only, kid," so beyond that I only saw a handful of episodes on Fox or whatever

>zilla159
You really like zilla junior, don't you, user?

The only reason they got a US release was because of the American film. Otherwise, it was kept out of the US because of . . . Anti-US sentiments in "Vs. King Ghidorah".

I disagree!

MiB a million times. I live that intro so much.

I have to agree with that. Of the three, MiB had the best intro. With Big Guy following it and Godzilla in third if only because of how good the others are.

Oh, shit. That was the Astro Boy-style one where his idol was the "robot" that was actually piloted by the guy posing as its mechanic?

Yes.
And it was based on a very violent Frank Miller comic.
It got a kid's cartoon based off it.
For... Some reason

This post confuses me on so many levels
What pizza place is 18 only?
What 18 over place has a Godzilla head?

I liked it.

I feel bad for Godzilla in the egg episode.

No, only you

You are the only kid on the whole planet who ever watched this show

What a stupid fucking question

I hope you get hit by a car and die bleeding out seeing your organs spread across the road as vultures peck at them you fucking mongoloid

What are you doing outside of your holding pen, scumbag?

It was literally my wife's son episode. He didnt knew any better he was too young to dealw ith whores.

Zilla jr is one of the best kaijus ever. I loved how Kiryu had a similar story to Cyber-zilla

Careful son, you might cut yourself on those sharp edges.

>this, the boring comics, and the Hanna Barbera cartoon are all Sup Forums will be able to discuss of Godzilla
I guess between the slow /m/ threads and the shitty Sup Forums threads, I'll go with /m/.

What are you talking about?

What do you want? Godzilla in VS threads to bait Hulkfags into getting really mad?

>the boring comics
How can people have taste this shit?

The monster design for those shows was amazing. Imagine if the Ghostbusters reboot was more like Extreme Ghostbusters with 2016 era cgi on those designs.

The reboot didn't fail because of the designs

It failed because it was 4 SNL failures trying to do SNL for a movie.

Wait, WTF?! Sony owns Adelaide Productions!?

You know, if EGB had first aired in 2016, it probably would have been accused of tumblrite sjw pc pandering. Would've loved to see that as movie, especially with (as you mentioned) Fil Barlow's designs.

>Should suck
get

over

yourself

Watched the French version and the MIB and Extreme Ghost Busters one too which were great as fuck.

>And it was based on a very violent Frank Miller comic.
OH man, I never knew that, time (try) to find it!