Can we all agree that the Super Mario Bros. movie was kino?

Can we all agree that the Super Mario Bros. movie was kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbEH66qiwrY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was a Little too close to the videogame

It's gotten a little better with time I guess. I look at it as kind of a beautiful nightmare. The movie took everything a child in the early 90s loved (dinosaurs and video games) and totally fucked it up in a totally unique way.

lol oh come on. you know he meant they tried to transpose things in the game directly and fucked it up, instead of just making a movie with some elements of the game.

>red spike lady

It's glorious, I still have some swag from my childhood years. MEMORIAL DAY.

I LIKE TO

bob-omb

WAS SHE CORPULENT? VERY CORPULENT?

Mortal kombat was better

She was actually named Big Bertha in the movie (like the big red fish that can eat you in SMB3)

chick in purple looks hot. should i watch this bullshit just for her?

Has there ever been such a blatantly inappropriate disparity between flaws and outrage? This movie represented everything that was great about late '80s/early '90s schlock, and it got absolutely shat on just because MUH BING BING WAHOO. It's no better or worse than a movie like Demolition Man.

Back then, yeah, I liked it more.
But now after all this time, I find MK to be just a regular martial arts movie with pretty cool soundtrack and Goro, which was cool as hell.
SMB The Movie on the other hand is a lot stranger, I find myself re-watching it and finding new things every time. It's a really disorganized, messed up film, but ultimately fascinating.

Yeah.
But also watch it for the setting/atmosphere, Hopper, Leguizamo and Hoskins.

A friend and I did a RiffTrax sort of thing to this a few years back, but we ran out of jokes halfway through. Making fun of it made us appreciate it quite a bit more.

I also enjoy the fansites (that are still up!) where you can read all 6 of the early (and completely different) movie scripts. 90's video game movies are great. Especially Mortal Kombat. Nobody knew what they were doing and they had a lot of fun trying

Every actor's dream should be to be in a cult film, and there's really no way to predict what will become one.

Definitely kino.

>Has fuck-all to do with the video games
>Still a decently watchable 90's pop culture gem

How did they do it?

It's been years since I've seen it, but I never thought it was bad.

I liked the Goombas in it -- interesting look.

yeah the designs were nuts, very mario 2 but still incredibly creative.

I'M IN THE MOOD TO SCAM
SIMPLY BECAUSE I CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

SMB being Leguizamocore only makes it better.

Leguizamo is most underrated actor of his generation.

Watched this a few months back blazed af.
It was a blast from start to finish.
Leguizamo and Hoskins are a great duo.

Rip.

>they use the fucking super scopes

That's so great. I wish that instead of them going to a reptile world, that they just went a Nintendo world where all the video game characters helped them beat bowser.

>that they just went a Nintendo world where all the video game characters helped them beat bowser.
There was a cartoon like that in late 80s early 90s

Captain N

mario's gf is hotter tbf

who was her?

It had very little to do with the game, but it did make for a good cyberpunky/dystopian/whatever feel film.

The cool thing is that it actually has a lot of references to the games, in weird, twisted ways.
Nobody seem to agree if it either took too much from the game, or too little, but the result was accidentally great.

>stars dennis hopper
>dares question if it even is kino

its so satisfying watching that guy wash his hands in wax

What did Mario mean by this?

no its crap and youre crap you crap

KOOPA
I
N
O

Darkest PU

youtube.com/watch?v=QbEH66qiwrY

Trust the fungus

so many synchronicities

But unlike Demolition Man' SMB was meant be an adaptation of a colorful, well loved game. Had it have been its own thing people could have been more accepting towards it.