Who green lighted this shit?

Who green lighted this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/12/justice-league-zack-snyder-no-press/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Green lighted
You mean Green lit. And the fanbase did, when they wanted A Dark Knight Returns movie.

Someone with taste and tired of generic capepoop.

The green light was given because as a concept it was sound. 9 scripts thrown together later it turned into a 3hr long incoherent mess.

Who the fuck never wanted a movie about Batman fighting Superman? Shit was so cash.

#litty

>Who gran lighted this shit?
Someone with great judgement and faith in His word.

>Who decided against releasing the 'Ultimate' cut?
A non-believer, unloved and unwashed.

This desu

>incoherent
How was it incoherent? I know it sounds scathing, but try to make a case in a couple sentences or offer examples? Or where you watching it ironically as you shitposted with your bros i wonder.

Technically marvel studios

Considering one of the main plotlines is lex luthor framing superman for shooting a bunch of people in africa, with bullets,then burning the bodies with flamethrowers... and people this believe this...?

Or how about the entire concept behind lex managing epicurus at a superman, who is proving, by the fact hes standing in front of lex, listening to his bullshit at all, he is neither all good, powerful, knowing, or God? And fundamentally, people don't really care if superman is all goood/knowing/powerful, just praying to to superman has a slightly higher success rate than praying to any other god?

BvS hate needs to stop. It was kino and that's that.

5 dream sequences that you only know are dreams because they make no sense otherwise. The constant jumping scenes, which would otherwise have made the dreams obvious. Luthors poorly explained except through sheer luck 128 dimensional chess plan, including the kidnapping and recovery. Overal the editing was atrocious and just compounded the confusion.

>You mean Green lit. And the fanbase did, when they wanted A Dark Knight Returns movie.
Could have done Year One, would have been much more interesting. I prefer Frank Miller's Year One over his TDKR anyway.

Considering how retarded everyone in the DCEU is, it'd be great if they do a role-reversed kingdom come.

those are nitpicks, fine if they're a personal hangup, i dont think they have merit myself, but not actually the hyperbolic' incoherence'

So the fact lex's core motivation and one of the largest plotlines in the movie make no sense what so ever, from any angle or perspective, are nitpicks.

That's nice.

Oh shit, Kingdom Come would also be sweet.

It would kind of make more sense for Supermans character too. Since the DCEU's superman is really not really portrayed as a symbol for American Exceptionalism.

With DCEU's being a annoying little shit that is still learning how to superman instead of learning how to do that in Kansas could make for a good Kingdom Come superman.

>trying to badmouth BvS in an enlightened film board
Take your shit taste to plebbit, m8.

daily reminder that these anti-BvS threads are made by marvelcuck shills who want to sabotage Justice League in any way

based DChaudharys that started using Sup Forums after 2015

I'm sorry, but thats not sufficient chess dimensions.

Its the POSITIVE DCEU threads that are bait for negativity that are being made by disney shills.

Why is it if I don't like this movie, that I instantly get called a Marvel shill.

It's depiction of Superman is dumb and not true to character. It's depiction of Batman is childish and not true to the original character. They cram in the death of Superman into a TDKR plot. They do death of superman in his 2nd movie.

Batman is old, so you lose out on years of great stories.

Lex is a bumbling idiot, nothing like the powerful Ubermensch he is in the comics.

They kill of Jimmy Olson for no apparent reason.

The movie's editing is confusing and poor, mostly due to the fact they had to cram 2 story lines in a 3 hour movie. Not to mention it had like 10 teasers, like 5 dream sequences.

It's just a dumb movie to make, and it crammed too much into not enough time. So it had little time establishing the characters, the characters they do establish are mishandled like Superman and Batman.

It's all and all a mess. I'd rather read TDKR or Death of Superman then watch the movie.

Those mostly aren't complaints about the movie though. Preferring a different setting isn't really a statement about that one.
>omg this movie is shit because batman isn't an x-man instead

Joss whedon is ok when DC does it

but the complaint is batman isn't batman. and superman isn't superman, and lex isn't lex. Its like a series of completely original characters with no actual similarities to the IPs they're supposed to represent, dressed as said IPs to put more asses in seats than original movies would have.

Snyder changed some characters, but in most cases they're an improvement and fit the overall narrative more.

Good point, good point.

But you can see where my perspective lies and why I dislike this movie. And It's not that "I'm a Marvel shill", it's more like "I'm a fan and I've seen this done better."

I honestly feel there is a good movie in BvS. But it is lost among the story lines they cram into it.

If Snyder wanted to do Death of Superman it should have been in a single movie. If he wanted to do The Dark Knight Rises, that should have probably been an elseworlds story, like it is in the comics. It's so frustrating as a DC fan to see this fall flat.

>for shooting a bunch of people in africa, with bullets,then burning the bodies with flamethrowers
No, problem is he took out the warlord and distabilized the region by doing so. There was no point in luthor shooting anyone, he supposedly made shit up and paid the nigress to lie to congress. The plot wasn't hard, everything just hand a roundabout way of getting stuff done which is where the stupidity comes from

I know this is bait, but even when not meant in earnest you legitimately need to die for saying it

>Snyder changed some characters, but in most cases they're an improvement and fit the overall narrative more.

How is Batman using guns and killing people an improvement?

How is Superman being destructive an improvement?

How is murdering Jimmy Olson an improvement?

How is Lex being portrayed as a wimp a improvement?

Hey guys, newfag pleb there. Should I watch this movie? Not DC/Marvel fan, but I like odd, obscure films. If I liked recent Cruise Mummy, would I enjoy this one as well?

There's multiple different characters that are all Batman.
>Why isn't Val Kilmer actually Michael Keaton instead?
You have to be able to separate stuff from what it isn't to have any fucking opinion in the first place. Not liking change is a critique of yourself.

Yeah, it was definitely mixing and matching in ways the writing couldn't keep up with. It was very pretty and the visuals were well thought out and I honestly liked Jesse's take on Lex. The side characters were all pretty alright.

>improvement

yea but the nigress was backing up her story that superman killed a bunch of people with pictures of burnt corpses riddled with bulletholes, filled with super super special LexCorp slugs

Don't forget the 20 minute long scene of Lex Luthor meticulously preparing to blow up the Capitol building and frame Superman for it, only to have seconds later a newscaster tell everyone Superman isn't a suspect in the attack. So it was a waste of time.

MCUcks literally can't let go

Forgot to add. Already seen most recent Batman and Man of Steel movies. Anything else needed/recommended before watching BvS?

clooney was more batman than affleck. as raging around gotham, completely ignoring any and all information, and needing lois lane to give you the most basic information possible.

MMMMMMM

>backing up her story that superman killed a bunch of people with pictures of burnt corpses riddled with bulletholes
No, it was more like "these people where killed by superman........... Because without a central leader, people began shooting and burning bodies to come up on top. Snyder was going for U.S/superman comparison, where they come and kill the bad guy but then just leave without dealing with the fallout. The whole thing falls flat on ita face because snyder

a frontal lobotomy

Affleck is probably the best Bruce Wayne there's been. It's not really his fault that his batman was shitty.

Wow

her testimony was, specifically, superman deciding who lived and who died. Not that he destabilized the region.

Its also why KGBeast killed everyone in the compound with LexCorp bullets and burnt the bodies with flamethrowers.

Bale was a better bruce, sorry. As bruce isn't supposed to be a self-destructive drunk.

Bruce is a self destructive drunk quite often really. Also Bale was a self destructive drunk so I'm already confused by your thought process.

Batman here isn't an improvement it's a story telling choice. He is a broken man at this point he's not who he once was, supermans death inspires him to come back to the light.

Superman wasn't destructive in bvs

Why do people care about jimmy Olson?

Similar to the batman thing, lex isn't an improvement but just a different version. It fits this universe, he's the opposite of our super masculine heroes. He is jealous and insane and in this universe, if he was some huge ripped dude I don't think it would have been as effective.

sorry breh, but the bruce wayne persona needs to be outwardly functional else wayne enterprises either collapses or forces him out, thus costing him all the resources he needs to be batman.

>Superman wasn't destructive in bvs
the only emotion he ever shows his anger at humans as he throws them around for half the screen time

That's the beauty of being a supergenius billionaire, he can still function better than a regular person while completely wasted. He's possibly a better batman because of it, having deadened his feelings and started seriously fucking with criminals instead of just passively relying on the law to bring them to justice.

except this bruce doesn't act like a supergenius billionaire, he acts like a drunken fuckup.

But if you're trying to go the route that drunken fuckup is still more competent than most people in the DCEU, because most people in the DCEU are totally retarded, I guess you have me there.

Does the Marvel Pajeet squad have nothing better to pass the time with?

Haha, it's that bad? Now gonna give it a try for sure.

Lex Luthor was not trying to frame Superman for the Capitol explosion. The point of the Capitol explosion was to prove to the public (but mostly Batman) that Superman was not a flawless god who could save everyone all the time, which is the same way Superman sees himself. This also pushes Batman over the edge because Batman becomes wholly motivated to destroy Superman at all costs. Batman is the only one who knew (or so he thought he knew) that Wally was behind the explosion, and Wally was a representation in his mind of all the destruction Superman caused in Metropolis and his inability to stop it. The Capitol explosion was Lex pushing both Batman and Superman into the deep end at once.

Don't try using logic at these retards

Not true. I actually am an avid supporter of BvS, and have created several of these threads in the past in order to generate essays explaining various "plotholes" in the story, which I then add to my collection of talking points to use against actual mouseshills.
It's a pretty effective tactic, and I imagine many others like me do it too.

In another sense Batman was the ultimate fuckup since he was seriously trying to get himself killed. He couldn't even manage to lose to Superman because Supes was such a better failure than him.

The problem with that entire storyline is lex doesn't actually have to do anything to prove clark isn't omnipotent. Every time someone dies (like the people batman gunned down in cold blood) its proof clark is not omnipotent.

also you skipped a couple steps in your logic. How does the capital blowing up have effect on bruce's or clark's mindsets in such a way as to encourage the fite? Bruce was gearing up for that the entire movie and the only reason clark was there was to save his mommy, that he couldn't find and save himself for literally no reason.

>green lighted
When will Marvel Poos learn basic English grammar?

>batman wanted to die that's why he 5D chess'd superman through an exact course of locations and events to end up where he hid the spear!

... you're doing this on purpose. Every time someone comes up with an excuse for BvS its dumber than the last.

Superman was straight up being worshipped through the first act. Most people BELIEVED he was approximately a god what with all the jesus metaphors and that.

Bruce knew the bomb was in the chair, Superman didn't see the bomb (cause lex and only lex knew that weakness). He assumes Superman either fucked up or let it happen. Flash said don't trust him in the acid trip/vision.

I'm saying Bruce wanted to die, he was reckless as fuck and getting too old to manage the double life shit. He'd been abandoned by everyone but Alfred. He made peace with his death in the family grave and went out to take superman with him.

For starters, the first part of your post is countered at .

>Bruce knew the bomb was in the chair,
... oh so that's why the shocking reveal that wheels wasn't getting his benefits check happened just as the capital building exploded.

The last part is simply you repeating your already countered assertion. see

>lex doesn't actually have to do anything to prove clark isn't omnipotent. Every time someone dies (like the people batman gunned down in cold blood) its proof clark is not omnipotent.
No, it isn't. Like Lex said, "they need to see with their eyes the blood on your hands". Of course Superman can't be everywhere at once, people know that. But place Superman, a person who can supposedly see everything, in a room with a bomb and a hundred people and have him fail to save them, and that just might be enough to prove to the people (and, frankly, to Lex himself) that he isn't all-powerful.
>How does the capital blowing up have effect on bruce's or clark's mindsets in such a way as to encourage the fite?
I literally explained this in the post.
>the only reason clark was there was to save his mommy
This was just the tipping point for Superman. Lex didn't just want Clark to kill the Batman, that would be too easy. He wanted Clark to want to kill the Batman and show himself to be a symbol of absolute good no longer.
>that he couldn't find and save himself for literally no reason.
Interesting you would bring this up, but there's actually a deleted scene not even in the UE where Superman is flying around Metropolis trying to find his mother's voice, but it's drowned out by millions of other screams of terror, implying that Superman is constantly hearing the deaths of everyone he can't save. I guess they thought it was too dark, but there's your explanation, sort of.

imagine man of steel but without anything redeeming like zod/faora

so you're saying the fact THE ENTIRE MOVIE is lex trying to make superman look bad by framing him for various acts, is irrelevant to lex's actual motivation, as even he recognizes that he needs superman to actually kill someone?

So the first two hours of the movie mean absolutely nothing what so ever in any way, shape, or form, even to the architect of those two hours?!

and no, you did not explain how blowing up congress resulted in anything. You just said it did while ignoring how the benefits checks reveal coincided with the event in order to validate some headcanon that bruce knew there was a bomb.

Also you, again, harp on the idea that lex needs further proof that clark isn't all good/knowing/powerful, when that's all conclusively proven by the fact clark is standing in front of lex listening to his bullshit when people are dying by the thousands to shit clark can help with around the world.

and the reason they cut the "can't find mommy" scene is because MoS establishes she was his grounding voice, the voice that made it possible for him to function. Just forgetting that because hes fallen into lois' ring of fire doesn't make any sense.

>arguing so much about movie that shitty

guise, please

>made because of op
Why are DC pakis so insecure?

>lex managing epicurus at a superman
Epicurus wasn't the only person to ever say that shit dude
This is a complete copout, trying to make the movie fit something it was never meant to fit in the first place, then jumping back and clapping for yourself.

The point was about power, and power alone, you can stop sperging out now.

>Ignorance is not the same as innocence, Miss Lane
>I'm afraid i didn't see it lo, i'm afraid i didn't see it because i wasn't looking

And neither were any of you, apparently

>Who pays for the drones that pass over our heads at night? One question begs another, yes?

>Say what you're saying, General. The United States has declared its neutrality in your country's civil war both in policy and in principle."
>These pious American fictions, spoken like truth. Men with power obey neither policy nor principle, Ms. Lane. No one is different. No one is neutral

Fighting over shit that's right in front of you

A bona fide motherfucking warrior-poet.

Same people who tried selling a Batman Vs. Superman movie but showed them fighting on the same side in the trailer. Fucking garbage.

Green Lantern.

As long as you've seen MoS, you're good to go.

Imagine being this bitter about a movie.

It beats the shit out of discussing their brand.

A panicked studio who wanted to get what Marvel is having. They also saw Bravo Nolan's films and thought "Huh, people like mature comic books films so we should do that, too".
Suicide Squad was their attempt at imitating Guardians of the Galaxy.

Idiots high on coke and hookers.

>literally beats a god in a 1v1
>drunken fuck up

Just fuck off you fat loser

Unironically me.

When their startup is this much more successful than their competition's, you don't call it imitation. You call it improvement.

Do you think Snyder spends his free time now shitposting on Sup Forums?

Is he autistc?

>1.7m
Why didn't he kys'd himself yet?

comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/12/justice-league-zack-snyder-no-press/

What did they mean by this?

Awww what a cute little thing!