Is Kitty a good character?

Is Kitty a good character?

yes

why

Was, once upon a time, before Bendis had his way with her.

That sounds rapey

She's cute Jewish girl and when you're young Jewish boi, that's all that matters.

Not since Excalibur.

She rides on giant bullets

In the 80s? Sure.

These days since at least Whedon she's basically been nothing more than a loud mouthed bitch. She's basically on par with Teen Jean

Nope, she also has a very boring costume.

I'd seriously argue it started with Whedon.

She's a good waifu

>Jew
>Good
You're hilarious.

Ponytail. Ponytails are hot. Damn, so many years passed but she still gives me a boner.

once

what's the 'What If' on that one?

is she unstoppable ?

Nah, that's Juggernaut. Bitch.

She went to shit the second Ellis stopped writing her actually. Bendis didn't do anything with her that Claremont or Whedon didn't.

is there a recommended reading list for her? I like that she uses racial slurs

she's a jew so no

>talking shit about Moon Knight and based Ben Grimm

Astonishing sucked on the whole, but amusingly, Breakworld was the only good part of the run.

she was never a good character. the new mutants were way better.

She was but then all the nerds who had massive crushes on her grew up and started writing her.

Anything with Kitty in it for the past five to ten years or so has her written as such a hateful bitch that its actually kind of sad. I think she was okay in some of the Wolverine books and she was nice when she was with Colossus, but the second she stopped riding the stainless steel soviet bullet she got a huge stick up her ass.

She is so bad that game designers actually have most of her voicelines in games be either complaints, insults, or backhanded complements...

Also Bendis wishes she were real so that he could bang her. So her character progression in both Ultimate and 616 universe has basically become his fanwank.

>she was nice when she was with Colossus, but the second she stopped riding the stainless steel soviet bullet she got a huge stick up her ass.
Whedon pls, you know Marvel won't hire you back.

Does anyone in Sup Forums waifu her

Bendis made her fuck Spiderman though.

What If Emma Got the Phoenix Force
and unofficially What If Kitty Was a Twisted Bitch

Colossus was shit and the boringness of that steel cuck rubbed on her badly. Not to mention going back to him regressed her character a thousand years.

Her better stories were always when there wasn't a man in the middle. (KP&W mini, Shadow&Flame, Mekanix, first fifty issues of Excalibur). The only man who actually gave her good stories and advanced her story and her growth as a character while they were fucking, was Pete Wisdom.

Who here buys into the lez argument?

Her "boring" costume is better than some of her "exciting" ones.

Holds no water nowadays since Gillen firmly established the character as a cold, unsalvageable sorceress bitch. I don't buy Bendis' run as a decent progression of the character. You could better argue they had some chemistry back in New Mutants era since Ilyana was genuinely more adult/daring than the others.

What tihs user said But also the fact that Kitty has been confirmed straight in canon in an issue after she rejected Karma. And the fact Claremont is pretty much retired and will never ever write her again.

Man, Kitty was cute when she wasn't drawn like a generic brunette.

The curly hair , gangly features, doe eyes, it's at least distinctive.

Magik was always an emotionless bitch. Her being queen of Limbo literally prevented her from having any emotion.

Which is why it's strange that Bendis wrote Magik so differently than Gillen, even when his run included so much Ilyana-focused stuff.

What about that relationship she used to have with Rachel?

Colossus was an asshole her dumped her for some random alien bitch that was Johnny Storm's sloppy seconds. Although the only pussy he truly wanted was his sister.

Seems tenuous to imply they had a shot at a serious relationship given the age gap.

What was the age gap?
They're both young twenty-somethings in today's comics.

I don't think there was anything there. At least not from Kitty's side. There was a story where Rachel was lost and Kitty was more worried about getting wet for a boy than looking for her.

>Marvel turned Iceman gay instead of Kitty
One job

Maybe nowadays but back when Rachel was introduced Kitty was still a highschooler.

Just as well, Rachel was waaaay too kinky for little goody-goody.
I don't see Kitty ever holding that leash.

But how old was Rachel?

I do.....

help me understand why and post some good pics, plus recs

17-19

well considering that back in the days kitty subed to Ororo, and that black baltet dancer teacher, it wouldn't be needed. Subs are really good at getting along with other subs. Now if both of them were doms, it would be a problem.

>Kitty Pryde Laughed Squirrel girl out of the X-men school.

>Bendis didn't do anything with her that Claremont or Whedon didn't.

Bendis wrote her as an almost incomprehensibly shitty girlfriend.

Imagine for a moment you're dating someone. Someone you've known for years, and who you now have this bond of trust and intimacy with. Then someone brings them forward from the past from their teenaged years.

Your boyfriend or girlfriend tells you that they're extremely afraid of what this could mean; that every moment that they're there, it's like a gun to the back of their head, waiting for that hair-trigger to go off and completely wipe their history away, erasing them from the universe as their past is in some way irrevocably changed. They love you. They trust you. They want your support.

The bratty teenaged version meanwhile is like "Fuck you, old-timer. I don't care if I wipe you out of existence. I go where I want!"

In this conflict, do you side with your lover, or with the teenaged brat who threatens their very existence?

Bendis decided that Kitty would make that second choice. He made it impossible to view her as a sympathetic figure.

lmao you have to have a completely broken brain to side against Kitty in regards to the O5 stuff. The JGS assholes sided with literal fucking supervillains and schemed against her

Bobby's response to Kitty being infuriated that he sided with said supervillains instead of giving her even the slightest bit of trust was "eh, fuck you anyway"

The story literally started with a scene in which the fabric of reality began to unravel because young Scott was mortally wounded, and we have every reason to believe that history would have simply come to an end and the world replaced with some other timeline if a mutant with healing powers hadn't been standing RIGHT THERE when it happened.

This was literally mere hours earlier that it had been shown that keeping the O5 kids around was playing a continuous game of russian roulette with the planet.

Keeping them around is not a reasonable position for a reasonable person to take under these circumstances. It's literally putting a gang of teenagers' temper tantrum ahead of the existence of the world as you know it.

As a Dominant, I find that rather offensive. True, but still offensive.

Does it mean am am going to get punished *wiggle, wiggle*

But it would just get replaced by a version of the earth where there is no Scott.
I don't really see the big deal here.

Right, but the version of "you" which presently exists would be wiped out of existence too. You'd be replaced by an alternate-timeline version of yourself; a different person with different lived experiences. And this would happen to everyone on the planet.

>Rachel was waaaay too kinky for little goody-goody.

And her best friend Illyana wasn't?

But that was before every idiot with time travel abilities started having random time tourist trips for the heck of it in that Battle4theAtom story.
The Future Brotherhood came back first to pressure the O5 into returning, but they had come from a future where the O5 didn't return, which is odd because the Future Brotherhood's intervention spooked Jean into running, when Babyclops and Jean were on the run Magik, who had decided to spy on the future to see what was the deal, discovered that the Future Brotherhood wasn't who they said they were, so she decided to tell someone and recklessly chose to take BabyBeast and BabyBobby into the future, when she returned she came back with the Future X-Men, who had all lived through this before, but without a Future Brotherhood intervening, meanwhile Jean was having a telepathic paradox battle with her Evil Future Jean self, now at that point two of the O5 were still capable of timetravelling, but when the Brothehood captured all O5 and tried to send them home, the time machine wouldn't take them, somehow between Jean fighting her future self, Bobby and Hank timetravelling using Magik's portals, and the Future X-Men and Future Brotherhood altering the history that made their future timeline, the O5 became dislodged from the normal rules of timetravel and can no longer be sent back.
This possibly means that if Babyclops dies now it won't effect jack shit.
Because he and the rest were still within their own unaltered timeline before that Future Brotherhood with a Future Jean showed up, but in a later appearance the Future Brotherhood didn't have a Future Jean in it's membership. Though they did try to fake it just to troll Jean.
So the timeline they're in now isn't the same timeline they were in when Babyclops was killed and Adultclops vanished. That's why they can't go back.

Yeah, Battle of the Atom is completely incoherent. Within a single issue we see that reality will be wiped out if one of the O5 X-Men doesn't live to return to the past, and then we see that reality gets by just fine if one of them never returns to the past.

An event with three different writers working on the plot and not one of them ever said "Hey wait a minute, this doesn't make any fucking sense. We can't have both in a single issue without explaining this!" And yet that's exactly what they did.

Still, I think that even with all this ambiguity and confusion the sensible thing to do is put them back where they belong so you simply don't have to worry about it any longer.

People are too hard on the Bendis shit, time travel plots never make sense. They're always completely retarded when you sit back and actually think about it. It's not any less realistic then all the other time travel X-Men stories.

If Illyana was capable of toning down her freaky to keep her *beloved* brother doting upon her for all those years, I'm guessing it's well within her devilishly manipulative corrupting capabilities to only ever push Kitty a little bit past her comfort zone each and every time she sets new boundaries.

As ludicrous as his treatment of time travel is, that's by no means my biggest problem with his work. I've been doing this comedic rewrite of his All-New X-Men run:

And in the process, I've had to really read and analyze the story in far more granular detail than I ever would have had to or wanted to before, just to really get myself versed in the subject matter. In the process, the huge, glaring and numerous faults in his storytelling become too obvious to ignore, and most of them just boil down to "Bendis does not give a shit."

If you want to go the the deep end, Rachel then lived an entire lifetime and some more as Sister Askani in Cable's future. She was then lost in the timestream when the original Apocalypse-ruled timeline was erased after The Twelve and Cable rescued her IIRC

Fuck your headcanon shilling.
Go start a blog for that crap.

Headcanon and satire are far from the same thing. Making fun of something isn't the same as saying "this is how I think it actually is in canon."

But the fact that she was over two thousand years old when Red and Slim were raising Nathan on their extended honeymoon doesn't answer the question about how old she was when she first made sexually provocative statements to a young Kitty Pryde.
It's her youthful indiscretions and how relatively pedo they are that concern me.
If she was just one or two years older than Kitty at the time that's one thing, but if she was 19 when kitty was 13 that's a level of perv I didn't expect.
That sort of thing makes a big difference.

Jackass, in the past anons have needed it explained to them that those pics you made up aren't the real comic.
Some have even blamed Marvel for screwing up the canon in your pages.

>I didn't understand a story, it's the one that's dumb.

She is as good (or bad) as any other character is. All characters depend on what writer is doing the chores.

Joss whedon ruined her

still never recovered

Only once, back in the 80's to prove a point about prejudice.
Jeez Sup Forums.

Battle for the Atom was possibly the worst x-crossover of our century, but if you see it from a meta POV, you'd know that it was something that Jason Aaron petitioned for quite late because he remembered that it was the X-men's 50th anniversary. You can tell how late it was by the fact that Cho nearly killed himself to deliver the first issue's pages in time, and the closing one has Cammo fill in for Bachalo in a really jarring way.
So he went in with the idea of a historic celebration , with the main idea behind it being that, for all their problems, the X-men are a force for good especially because their deal is educating and raising a new generation to protect the world and its future. Pic related. This is especially evident in how the future the Brotherhood comes from is a good one after all. Wood and Bendis came in with their own ideas to further the plot in their books, and Bendis' was the O5 shit and his overarching subplot about how TIME IS FUCKED he also pushed in GotG as Thanos' real motivation for invading the Earth in Infinity despite the main book and Aaron's Thanos Rising introducing the idea of his children.
So although it's never really stated clearly in the actual story, Teen Iceman and Beast are able to be ported in the future because Magik's portals are just that, i.e. portals, but the machine Hank used to bring the O5 in the present used Doomlocks, so the timeline is supposed to stay the same. Age of Ultron had Wolverine and the heroes abuse timetravel and create a Doomlock paradox -> time is fucked -> O5 can't go back.

That's just a shitpost that Sup Forums keeps trolling X-threads with because Kitty's a Jewish character.
They also post the panel without context because they think it's funny to use hatespeech and derail threads into nothing but their bullshit.

But Age of Ultron and Battle for the Atom can't have happened at the same time, there's no future ruled by Ultron where there's still good and evil mutants to timetravel back and mess with history.
Whatever disconnected the original five from being able to timetravel had to have happened during the Battle for the Atom story.
Time being busted at the end of Age of Ultron had to have happened after the whole timetravel mess that the X-Men created.

I think that maybe Days of Future Present could have some hints about Rachel's original age, when compared to Franklin and their engagement. But 19 is a good guess, she's clearly brash enough not to be out of her teens but behaves like a young adult in most social occasions.
If anything you could argue that Kitty was older than 13 in NM since at that point in time Marvel's sliding timescale was only starting to be solidified and characters were much closer to age in nearly-IRL years. Hypercrisis alumni place the riff where this definitely changed for good around the period between early Inferno and X-men #1. So of course to be college aged by the time Mekanix came out, Kitty couldn't have been older than 14 at this point, but a point could be made that she was written as slightly older (15?). Who cares, all of this post is extremely autistic anyway

>Some have even blamed Marvel for screwing up the canon in your pages.

One might argue that my version is the less screwed-up version of events.

Whedon was the beginning of the end, Aaron and Bendis were the killing stroke .

I'll try to be as simple as possible: if you're reading PM-IFanon's storytimes, you'll know that a central point of Bendis' Avengers is that the heroes, in the eyes of the public, do as much good as they contribute to evil (although this doesn't make sense).
A sort of continuation of this theme is that the heroes have abused timetravel and posed some serious threats to timespace continuum. Age of Ultron is supposed to be the camel breaking its back, so now time is fucked forever and the heroes (especially Beast) are guily of the worst crime of all. The order is
>Beast goes back to the past with a Doomlock and brings the O5 in the present
>at some point after this the time paradox caused by the AoU timeline being erased happens (but since it's a paradox, the moment where Logan goes back in time never really has happened)
>the consequences of the AoU paradox being erased are now in place
>Angela is in 616, Galactus ended up in Ultimate and the O5 cannot go back in time
So, there isn't a moment where Logan timetravels from the AoU anymore because that's been erased, but there is a moment in the present where the ripple in spacetime opens. AoU never happened so the """official""" future is now the one with Phonix Quentin, Iron Shogo etc. although there is another secret to that future that we do not know, represented by Magik going crazy and killing President elect Dazzler. Of course this is how you "make sense" of an incredibly badly written series of stories.

Kitty Pryde is a jerk!

>Of course this is how you "make sense" of an incredibly badly written series of stories.

Speaking as a years-long fan of Homestuck who saw that story crash and burn into unrecognizable bullshit as a result of poorly-conceived time travel bullshit, let me just say that there comes a point where you stop having to make excuses for the author and just accept that some shit just doesn't work.

I hate the collar.

>Which is why it's strange

It's not strange at all. Bendis was waifu-writing Illyana with nostalgia goggels.

To be fair, Kitty was like fourteen at the time, which was creepy when Colossus was meant to be at least eighteen, and Zsaji's healing powers had minor mind control elements in them.

I think you forgot to post that image you always include in these conversations. Not to worry. I recreated it for you.

What's going on with her hair here? Along with her collar it's the weirdest picture i've seen of her. She probably shouldn't be calling others names.

He was still an asshole during Excalibur, and still an asshole before she dumped him the second time. And even a bigger asshole while with the Phoenix.

And not even charming asshole like Wisdom or Quill but boring asshole, and sort of a creep too.

It's just a phase

She has the white equivalent hair that phil has

Relevant image

I can't look at this picture without remembering the Space Bullet

It's suppose to

Se, this is the problem I have with time travel stories where messing with the past is considered the ultimate evil. Right now, if I make a choice between A and B, and I choose A, I am effectively destroying the future universe where I chose B and replacing it with the one where I chose A. The only difference time travel makes is, I get to see the B universe first before replacing it with the A universe.

In other words, what's the big deal? You change the universe every time you make a choice, in ways that might or might not end up being significant.