I really liked it but we have to be honest: this in no way is an R Rating movie. It feels so much like PG 13...

I really liked it but we have to be honest: this in no way is an R Rating movie. It feels so much like PG 13. The only thing that made it R was Georgie getting his arm ripped off and the countless times we saw blood (because too much blood is instantly an R rating according to the American rating) and of course all the swearing.

Fukunaga's script is what you call an R rated movie i.e. a movie that no one under 17 is allowed to see (someone having sex with a sheep, a naked zombified woman touching herself, actually showing someone masturbating). Since none of this was included in the movie, I have no idea why they didn't at least TRY to live up to Fukunaga's script by adding in something like the naked dead woman in Kubrick's the Shining which absolutely terrified me first time I saw it.

The reason why this isn't labelled a creepy horror movie is because it incorporated the usual PG 13 jump scares.

Maybe the director knew that lots of parents would allow their kids to go see this due to it having a Stranger Things vibe so he insisted that anything adult orientated would not make it into the cut of the movie.

btw I give no shits about the child orgy scene because it makes absolutely no sense BUT to cut out a lot of scenes to do with the bullies where they do bizare sexual shit really should have been incorporated into the new script because we are only with these bullies for a little time and we do not get a sense of how their lives really are. The book at least explains how Henry Bower's father is a racist who abuses Henry and tells him that all black people are bad hence why Henry hates Mike yet for some reason this wasn't included in the movie and therefore those who haven't read the book believe Henry's father was an ordinary man but of course he is just as evil as Henry).

Like someone said who read Fukanaga's script: this could have been the most creepiest and disturbing horror film ever made.

Oh well we still have the book to read.

>the only things that made it an R rating were all the things that made it an R rating
No shit user.

The arm rip didn't even show anything

Do you see how pathetic this is though? The only R Rated content this movie had was the arm getting ripped off (even tho we didn't fully see Georgie's arm ripped off cos camera cut) and then the blood and swearing.

This movie is rated PG 15 in many countries and I understand why.

It in no way should be rated the same as a movie like Wolf of Wall Street

>The book at least explains how Henry Bower's father is a racist who abuses Henry and tells him that all black people are bad hence why Henry hates Mike yet for some reason this wasn't included in the movie and therefore those who haven't read the book believe Henry's father was an ordinary man but of course he is just as evil as Henry).

i was wondering what the fuck henry's problem was

>The arm rip didn't even show anything
I know. The editor cut the scene so we don't see the arm ripped off but instead the arm is half dragged down drain.

I hope there will be an extended cut but doubt it

Also, Henry is supposed to go to prison after killing his father and in Part 2, It helps him escape and return to Derry to kill the kids who are adults now because It is trying to save himself from losing another time

> I have no idea why they didn't at least TRY to live up to Fukunaga's script by adding in something like the naked dead woman in Kubrick's the Shining which absolutely terrified me first time I saw it.
>terrified

Its a horror movie, not a terror movie.

>Its a horror movie, not a terror movie.
So a horror movie must have lots of jump scares and not challenge your perspective on life i.e. show the viewers stuff that is so unsettling that makes them sick inside?

That is what horror movies should do like Kubrick's the Shining and Jacob's Ladder.

>dude what if instead of hating "niggers" he hates "homeschoolers" lmao, yes good goy
This movie was toothless and shit. Wish we got the Cary/Poulter combo

maybe the reason he was homeschooled was because he was given a hard time by the bullies for being black?

ever thought of that?

hence why the bully says "STAY OUT OF MY TOWN"

>tfw full fucking beard and carded by a high school ultra virgin
Good thing I'm in 'merica where my delicate sensibilities are looked after.

>the only thing that made it R was..

did you forget about the part with the dude stabs his dad to death? retard?

It was never going to be a hard R. It's an all child cast, and seeing hardcore violence against children is INCREDIBLY rare in horror movies. I went into it expecting they wouldn't take advantage of the rating because if they did it probably would've been cut to hell and back to avoid getting slapped with an NC17.

That said, I agree that the Georgie scene was disappointing. That could've been their one scene to go all out with and they neutered it with "clever" editing to avoid showing the worst of the damage. From there on, the movie's more gross-out scary than actually gory. It's a shame.

Doesn't count, he was an adult. People are complaining because they didn't get to see the kids get fucked up. They were okay with showing the dad get stabbed but they cut away from showing Georgie getting his arm ripped off, or Patrick getting eaten alive.

I thought the mullet and "stay out of our town" were the giveaways.

what are you talking about? wolf of wall street is a much tamer movie

This looks like it should be art on a magic card.

What color is pennywise and what are his abilities?

I read the script, there was no sheep scene

It good have been PG-13 without all the edgy F-bombs and dick "jokes"

After watching the TV movie last night, and the new movie today, I think the new design of Pennywise is way better, especially since he is hundreds of years old, but Curry is the superior actor

I was carded but some old fag next to me wasn't, wtf. Also anyone else have really annoying people who wouldn't shut up in their theater?

How did you make that so fast? Good work

All the cursing was the best part of the movie, and it definitely couldn't have been PG-13 if the cursing was kept in, so it had to be R-Rated.

Pennywise looked good, and he was portrayed well, but his powers didn't make much sense. He divides to conquer, yet has the children by themselves countless times and does nothing to them. He got Georgie (that silly goose) immediately, but chose to toy with half the fucking children in that town, for some reason.

Overall, the horror part in this horror movie was the weakest. Normally, that would be a problem. The horror in It is like every other shitty horror movie that's been released in the past 20 years: jump scare after jump scare after jump scare after jump scare. I can count on one hand the amount of "scary" moments that didn't involve loud cords and scary images popping up. That's why I don't like horror movies, outside of Alien, The Thing, and The Shining. Give me a good thriller any day of the week. Horror movies are puddle deep.

It was a decent movie because of the kids. Finn Wolfhard was fucking hilarious. All the other kids played their roles well. The bully went from being too over-the-top to actually fucking ridiculous and murder happy. Why the fuck didn't Pennywise do more of that psycho-manipulation shit to people? That was probably the only creepy part of the movie that didn't involve a jump scare.

Oh, and every adult in that town is a horrible fucking person, outside of the librarian. What the fuck was that all about?

there's websites with create-your-own card thingies.

This faggot wants the movie to rip off a scene from the shining just so he could see 5 seconds of nipple. Sad. I understand how boring it is that there's no funny racism but you just went full retard.

OP, why are all your examples sexual? Do you only see an R rating as for sex?

>that fucking big Pennywise in the garage
>the television backgrounds throughout the movie
>all the background creepy shit like the woman being in two places at once, the balloons being ever present, etc
>Finn being kino
>Pennywise being actually creepy and spooky at times in what seems like natural reactions and actions instead of just because
Pretty good desu

There is really nothing that I will take away as "creepy" from this movie. Nothing would keep me awake at night. Pennywise has far too much screentime, and he is more concerned with spooking the kids than doing anything that matters.

Most horror movies fail because the horror sucks and the characters are boring. It fails because the horror isn't scary, even though the characters are very entertaining.