Why do DC shows always peak at season 2?

Why do DC shows always peak at season 2?

The Flash peaked in season 1.

You can't really say Supergirl and LoT peaked in season 2 either when they're not even done with it.

Agreed.

OTOH, Gotham S2 was also good, right?

Flash didn't peak at season 2. Second half season 1 is when it peaked.

>Smallville peaked at season 2
>Arrow Peaked at Season 2
>I agree Flash peaked at Season 2 but the concensus seems to be 1.5
>Supergirl and LOT will likely peak this season
>Birds of Prey didnt get a second chance
>Young Justice is yet to be seen
>I havent seen Gotham

Well Young Justice season 2 was GOAT. Gonna be hard to top that one desu.

>I havent seen Gotham

s3 dropped the ball hard

>Smallville peaked at season 2

Didn't need to read further, you're clearly incorrect

>young justice season 2 was goat
young justice season 2 was terrible. A lot of people originally blamed the invasion arc for the cancellation.
I did like Jaime Reyes and the runaways, though. Everything else about season 2 was pretty shitty.

Not him but to be fair season 2 *is* the highest rated season of Smallvils IIRC

LoT was never good in the first place

I disagree but respect your opinion.

True S1 was better. S2 had a lot of good ingredients - or way too many good ingredients and no time to use them

FLash season 2 is shit.

Legends and Supergirl both peaked in their first few episodes and they've been downhill since (into "okay" for the latter, and "shit" for the former)

Legends is just silly fun now. Rather than being dragged around by a shitty plot (Hawks/Savage), they're instead just straight up have no plot and bumble around to wherever the writing decides to take them now (at the end of one episode they're literally say that they don't know where to go next so they'll just go to a random time).

Supergirl was always shit.

Even her sex "tape" was boring (albeit interesting). Superman saved the show

I feel that Arrow is better in season 5 than it was in season 2

because you've worked out what doesn't work and haven't worn anything out

Unlikely. S5 is good but S2 had the Slade plot.

we don't know how iZombie season 3 will turn out and Human Target peaked in season 1

This.

It's gotten better but the Slade plot was amazing. And the drama with Sara's return, and how that affected the Lance family, was a lot more engaging than the recruits constantly complaining that Oliver doesn't trust them enough

Not to mention Roy's whole plot, which was pretty much what made Season 2 great for me. Slade was entertainingly cruel, Sara's return was great, but Roy punching through a guy's chest and freaking out because he's turning into a roid-raging psychopath and human blood bag for an army of prisoners was really dark material and a lot of fun.

Colton Haynes really pulls off the hallucinating and not in control thing really well

Why lie?

>Flash season 2
>anything but a pile of garbage

It was pretty decent up until Zoom took off the mask.

Then holy shit did it go straight down the shitter.

Season1 is busy getting done with the origin story and experimenting with their budget. Season 2 is when they can finally have fun and improve on the mistakes season 1 had.

Arrow had a spectacular season 2, the next two were going through a rough patch because they didn't have a strong enough story to carry an entire season. The new season's getting back on the horse again, good individual episodes and doesn't revolve heavily on Prometheus.

Flash S2 had issues with its core plot. Couldn't juggle one-off episodes with the ones progressing the main story. The twist was also pretty dumb.

LoT has fixed its issue mostly in S2.

Supergirl's doing pretty well for itself in S2. More focused.

iZombie's been consistently good and hype worthy.

Gotham's been getting better each season as well.

The biggest problem seems to be that a lot of the shows have horrible pacing issues due to being 23 episodes long while trying to tell one long term main story. Hopefully LoT and current Arrow seasons proves that doing more small scale arcs is while something happening in the background is a better approach.

this season
Arrow
Supergirl
flash
*power gap*
LOT

>Human Target peaked in season 1

why did they turn a nice fun light action show into a relationship drama where every episode revolved around him wanting to fuck his boss?

This.

Women?

Dude flash season 2 is shit.