ITT: films where the critics were right

ITT: films where the critics were right

you first

It Comes At Night. When I checked RT after watching it and saw the audience score, I was instantly reminded that general normie audiences are the worst plebs.

Wrong
Right

Agreed on both.

It (2017)

its considerate to start a thread with a pic related OP. the witch was trash.

Nothing special at all. Certainly not scary.

Genuinely curious to know why you disliked The Witch.

>a atmospheric horror film that is different, with ZERO jump scares and 10/10 acting

>bad

go back to watching paranormal activity or something lmao

oh the audience also rated it 10%?

>ZERO jump scares
Zero scares in general

You first the vvitch was pure shit for plebs.

so something that doesnt jump out at you and yell BOO isnt scary? 2deep4u

caleb's death scene was unnerving, i genuinely wondered if he really saw jesus or it was the devil again

list a american horror movie in the last 20 years that isnt campy slasher shit

the witch has really great mood

No. It just wasn't scary. Unnerving maybe, but the slow burn didn't pay off imo.

I want to think he did, but it could have been the demons mocking them. Didnt that happen after he spit out the cursed apple thing? Once saved always saved, and it seemed that the father liked to share the gospel with the family.

I remember watching it in theaters, it was intense. Everyone was stunned at the end, it took almost a minute for the first person to stand up and leave.

>Critics
>Baywatch

Give it a rest already Dwayne this is beyond pathetic

the ending was abit weaker compared to the rest of the film, but its also kinda neat when you realise who "The Witch" in the title actually refers to

also given where it was headed..idk, it would be hard to write a satisfying ending

Critics are always right.
/thread

IT WAS A RAUNCHY AND FUN FLICK GODDAMMIT

>Critics are always right.

WRONG

Nope. You're pleb mate

I agree.

A24 is a great pleb filter

>list a american horror movie in the last 20 years that isnt campy slasher shit
Bone Tomahawk
It Follows
Only Lovers Left Alive
The Alchemist Cookbook
The Greasy Strangler
The Love Witch
A Cure for Wellness
theres seven for ya
and thats just in the last 4 years

and before i get into why i think the witch is a piece of shit i just have to say that
slasher film doesnt immediately equal bad
a horror with no jump scares doesnt immediately equal good

the witch is bad cause it doesnt develop any of the ideas it clumsily introduces
like, for instance the reason why the family was kicked out of their property is never made clear and we are not given enough details to wonder about the reason they were kicked out
the ambiguity of the situation wasnt handled well
another example are the scenes were the boy is looking lustfully at his sister
in colonial times it was very common for women who drew the eyes of men to be branded evil witches
this isnt embedded in the film, it just there in two scenes and then its completely forgotten about in the rest of the movie
but the biggest problem of this shitty flick arent even undeveloped ideas, its the boring, safe direction
there isnt a single fucking shot in the film that feels refreshing or inventive in any way
oh and also the acting was god fucking awful(screaming is not good acting, and screaming is pretty much all the acting in this piece of shit , particularly from the parents)

this movie is a boring, safe pussy ass little flick
that has just enough trickery for red and dit to hail it as something great

critics are just attention whores who enjoy yammering to other people their opinions. only sheeple care what they think.

>horror movies should have scares

>Paranormie Activity fags shitting up a decent thread

paranormal activity is a ground-breaking movie in the horror genre, pleb.

They were wrong though. The film is a piece of shit with no substance, barely any atmosphere and a shit ending. The sound design is good though.

Off to reddit you go.

No. You are wrong and everybody else is right.

it is you who belongs in plebbit, pleb.

I legit think its one of the best horror movies ever made. Its almost flawless
The only people I have spoke to who dont like it are utter plebeians

>53
what the fuck

What the fuck those people expected.

>remain loyal to christ you die painfully
>follow satan you will eat delicious things

This movie is anti-Christian and promotes Satanism.

Chicken Run.
The audience score is pathetic.

a happy ending for the good guys especially a happy ending for the cute boy not dying in agony

>barely any atmosphere

do you need shitty colour filters to hold your hand?

The bad ending was best part of the movie.

do filters confuse your simple mind?

girl detected. why do you girls love tragic endings like in titanic and in logan?

but he committed the sin of pride and rejected the church. Caleb commited the sin of lust, the wife committed the sin of wrath, the twins the sin of sloth....etc etc

more like "god is cruel and unloving" the movie. You can argue satan is the liberator, he liberates them from suffering.

relying on filters is overdone and its shit-tier

it was okay 10, 20 years ago but now directors just abuse it instead of having actual set and scene design